Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

My question to Mick Fuller would be: "Why the hell did you leave Jubelin in charge of the case if you thought he was barking up wrong trees? You could have thanked him for his efforts and moved him onto something else -- normal practice when cases are stalled."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't rather than fire them you'd keep them in good standing to liaise with the new representation, even if "upgrading"? Just a thought

I believe the use of the word 'firing' would have been creative license from the media to generate clicks, but you would think so. Maybe the new lawyers have to seek records from the old lawyers first, kind of like happens when you change doctor.

I am getting rather tired of the sensationalism from the media over the past few days about this case and I have begun to afford them less credibility unless they are directly quoting a named police officer.

I’m not even convinced that GJ was fooled. Maybe he had suspicions all along? Maybe he knew it would be difficult to nail the FPs and was willing to play the long game? Perhaps his superiors weren’t happy with the long game and the particular ways he was playing that game? IMO

It's possible! Maybe his long game was to fully get their trust, make them feel like they could tell him anything and he'd be on their side and support them
Maybe he was grilling PS so hard because he had such a great view of the house, not because he was thinking he saw this-or-that pedo, but because he saw something (anything) else
Who knows? GJ isn't going to spill on any of this, not at this point anyway.

I don't really understand people that think he's the perfect cop and all other cops are untrustworthy. I don't want anyone in particular to take that comment personally because it's such a common train of thought and I'm the one in the minority by not thinking GJ is god. (I think he's fine, whatever, I really have no cop preferences beyond 'don't be corrupt'). They're all human, they all have their own biases, that's why systems and procedures need to be in place and followed at all times so that those biases are acknowledged and their effects minimised (eg if a cop knows a family they obviously should have nothing to do with the case). I do think that that's one good thing to come out of this, given that subsequent missing child cases have apparently clearly and publicly run as both 'missing child' and 'homicide' cases from the word go, meaning evidence doesn't get disregarded and literally and figuratively trampled like it did with WT.

I think it ultimately just results in better outcomes for missing children, which is really they key thing here.

In this article (it is by the daily mail I know) it mentioned how the Biological GM has had suspicions on the person now at the centre of investigation for a while! It also says how she sort out and spoke to previous suspects PS and BS, and how she told them she never believed it was them!

The article also has NSW police commission Fuller having a “go” at former head investigator GJ, and also has GJ’s reply. GJ said there were monthly reports on the investigation submitted and signed off at the assistant commissioner level.

I wonder if the hierarchy are just piling on GJ cos they need a scapegoat? He did get the flick cos of the recordings of PS, but he also ran the case for what, 4/5 years? So if he was that bad of an investigator, why was he allowed to be in charge for so long?

This whole thing is baffling, it was baffling when WT “went missing”, it was baffling 3 years after the fact when it came out he was in foster care, and it’s just as baffling the turn it has taken!

William Tyrrell's biological grandmother reveals she had suspicions about new person from BEGINNING | Daily Mail Online

The Mazda was tracked down by Strike Force Rosann detectives at a home in Gymea in Sydney’s south last Tuesday. It has been taken to a secure facility where it will undergo extensive examinations and analysis for several weeks.

Tough luck for the innocent buyer. Bus tickets for an unspecified number of weeks.

Finished the podcast, and the icy response from LE when the case changed hand from GB makes me think they were suspected then.

I got the same impression from that.

I also wish we could know what FFC thoughts towards William’s bio parents were prior to his disappearance, both children were referring to the FP as Mum & Dad & had called BM “birth mother” or by her name, LT only referred to her BF using his name. IMO that is learnt behaviour, but in the podcast the FFC refers to them strongly as William’s Mum & Dad (which obviously they are) it almost seems like a guilt thing, or distancing herself, her offer to pay for the BF accommodation for the inquest struck me as a guilt thing too, back then I thought she was just feeling guilt over being the last to see William, maybe her guilt was over something far worse IMO

The Mazda was tracked down by Strike Force Rosann detectives at a home in Gymea in Sydney’s south last Tuesday. It has been taken to a secure facility where it will undergo extensive examinations and analysis for several weeks.

Tough luck for the innocent buyer. Bus tickets for an unspecified number of weeks.
I believe they said it was handed down to the FGM’s granddaughter (wasn’t aware she had one), and was seized from a friend’s residence that it was being stored at while the granddaughter travelled.

according to 2GB

In this article (it is by the daily mail I know) it mentioned how the Biological GM has had suspicions on the person now at the centre of investigation for a while! It also says how she sort out and spoke to previous suspects PS and BS, and how she told them she never believed it was them!

The article also has NSW police commission Fuller having a “go” at former head investigator GJ, and also has GJ’s reply. GJ said there were monthly reports on the investigation submitted and signed off at the assistant commissioner level.

I wonder if the hierarchy are just piling on GJ cos they need a scapegoat? He did get the flick cos of the recordings of PS, but he also ran the case for what, 4/5 years? So if he was that bad of an investigator, why was he allowed to be in charge for so long?

This whole thing is baffling, it was baffling when WT “went missing”, it was baffling 3 years after the fact when it came out he was in foster care, and it’s just as baffling the turn it has taken!

William Tyrrell's biological grandmother reveals she had suspicions about new person from BEGINNING | Daily Mail Online

Oh that’s rich coming from her! She needs to back away from the spotlight. She’s hardly in the position to point fingers and assess right from wrong.

BBM It was known from day one he was a foster kid, to those who did even a small amount of googling on the subject. Anyone who followed the case on WS, for example, knew immediately. We all saw the foster parents open social media pages. The media just really took a very very long time to make that public, because multiple parties wanted it that way

OK, I thought it related to Kendall back in 2014.

7 News says that they sacked their lawyers today. I guess they weren't too thrilled when the lawyer handed them the court attendance notices.

It might be that their lawyers dont deal with homicide, manslaughter cases and need some one qualified as this may get messy quick

In the FGM written statement at the Coronial Inquest, she said that the photos of WT were taken were on the "balcony".

The photos we have seen were taken on the patio downstairs. Were there photos taken upstairs on the balcony? Could be a reporting error.

You're right in that the pictures we have seen appear to be on a patio/deck not on a balcony. There's no railings where the planter stands, but that is the termination of a deck. If a "balcony" you would expect to see railings.

Where the wall is - in the first attached photo you can see it's not a corner/termination. You can see in this photo window ledges beyond the edge of the patio are. People don't generally have window ledges past the edges of balconies as a) they can't be reached to clean and b) in case of emergency window would exit to direct drop to ground rather than onto a safe level surface like a balcony.

Also on the photo with the house behind WT, the windows in the living area show trees that are small in development. Short, thin boughs. Not tall, lofty. Tree shapes are ground level shrub sized vs "tall balcony height trees" imo...

Article cited "verandah"
New photos of William Tyrrell released five years after disappearance

Attachments

• images - 2021-11-17T190820.287.jpeg
    images - 2021-11-17T190820.287.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 68
  • 5b882676cc943ae4b3d90c024da74eb7.jpeg
    5b882676cc943ae4b3d90c024da74eb7.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online