Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #59

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not even convinced that GJ was fooled. Maybe he had suspicions all along? Maybe he knew it would be difficult to nail the FPs and was willing to play the long game? Perhaps his superiors weren’t happy with the long game and the particular ways he was playing that game? IMO

ive been wondering this also, i couldnt understand why he was saying they werent pois all that time, and just hoped he was being strategic

I'm in Victoria not NSW. But Grade 5 (when a child can be age 10 or 11 depending on dateof birth) is when (most? all?) public schools require kids to have their own iPads.

In NSW this varies between schools. Some do not require anyone BYOD and supply everything you need, some do require it, some make it optional.

I am loathe to direct any criticism towards her in regards to how she (is perceived to have) reacted or not. Did we (general we, not directing my comment at you) not learn anything from Lindy Chamberlain????
exactly.
that the point, you cant judge people by their reactions for that reason.

You over react your guilty...you under react your guilty.

IMO she needs to do no such thing - her missing grandchild's investigation is escalating and I think 99% of people can tell right from wrong in this context, regardless of her socioeconomic status or family dynamics. William didn't disappear on her watch.
Yes. Thankyou for saying that. This grandmother can say what she likes

In the footage that was filmed during the walkthrough at the Kendall home where William was last seen alive, the foster mother gave police an account of what happened the day he disappeared.
"I get to the riding school and I just think, 'he's not here'," she told police at the time.
"Then I bring the car back up and I just run out and look for him again."

Then she said she saw a "semi-trailer coming down really fast and ... he (the driver) thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me saying thanks for pulling over, but I pulled over because I had just got my head out the window looking for William".

Police walkthrough reveals details about William Tyrrell's foster parents

This could be construed as problematic with what's happening now. Has this semi-truck driver been found and interviewed, is my question?

IMO only someone with experience of hiding abuse would think to cover death via an accident due to negligence or a violent act. You don't go from being a conscientious parent to that. Otherwise even an obviously dead child would have you ringing 000 in the hope of a miracle via paramedics. You have to ramp up to such a duplicitous act by having a well established public/private split on how you want to be seen versus how you really are to your children.

I think if it is a foster family member we will learn what we "know" about that morning is incorrect. I don't think it'll fit neatly in that mid morning time frame.

The police seemingly did stuff up about Spedding and Savage, and it seems it's going to go that either the initial investigation that set "facts" and cleared the foster parents was terribly wrong also, or what is being put out there now is terribly wrong. This case will be a stain on the NSW police track record.

My thoughts are with William's sister who is undergoing another traumatic time right now. It is so unfair the hand some kids are dealt.

In the footage that was filmed during the walkthrough at the Kendall home where William was last seen alive, the foster mother gave police an account of what happened the day he disappeared.
"I get to the riding school and I just think, 'he's not here'," she told police at the time.
"Then I bring the car back up and I just run out and look for him again."

Then she said she saw a "semi-trailer coming down really fast and ... he (the driver) thought I pulled over, because he acknowledged me saying thanks for pulling over, but I pulled over because I had just got my head out the window looking for William".

Police walkthrough reveals details about William Tyrrell's foster parents

This could be construed as problematic with what's happening now. Has this semi-truck driver been found and interviewed, is my question?
I’m not sure if the truck driver was ever found and interviewed, you would hope so.

one thing I found strange about the walkthrough with the FF is he makes it abundantly clear that WT doesn’t wander off, his quote is “He never wanders. He's not a wanderer. He's not like ... doesn't do it”

I have 1 question

1: If he “never wanders”, why did he look around the surrounding properties, going through fences and even in some houses?

This case will be a stain on the NSW police track record.

None of the agencies involved will come out of this smelling like roses.

The fostering complication certainly made it very difficult for police. For one thing they couldn't put the parents on TV imploring the public for help and for the return of their child which is the usual procedure in such cases -- and which also gives detectives and police forensic psychologists the opportunity to assess the truthfulness of the parents from body language, etc.

Last edited:
I’m not sure if the truck driver was ever found and interviewed, you would hope so.

one thing I found strange about the walkthrough with the FF is he makes it abundantly clear that WT doesn’t wander off, his quote is “He never wanders. He's not a wanderer. He's not like ... doesn't do it”

I have 1 question

1: If he “never wanders”, why did he look around the surrounding properties, going through fences and even in some houses?

Some possibilities:

To rule it out completely (would police really take you seriously if you hadn’t even conducted a check around the property?)

To see if someone took him on a whim and left him nearby instead or committing to fully abducting him

To see if someone took him and had him in their house

Children may not wander away on their own but they may be enticed away. Either by adults or other children.

Yes but don't forget there was a Skype call planned and a pharmacy pick up. Police would have (you'd think) corroborated these via pings, log ins, receipts, etc.

Oh I’m not doubting he went to town. I think the pings, receipts etc could have been entirely the point of the trip. I’m questioning his real motivation for going to town, what might have been in the car, and what he did along the way. Then he makes a “back in five” text and immediately she proceeds to call 000. It all seems very suspicious now.

From last nights report it was luminol. Some photo's were posted on twitter with the black lights what seemed to be underneath top balcony

sometimes luminol can be kind of a slang word in police and media circles because its the most known brand/chemical

but there are others they do similar things

it also comes in powder form, spray form, i think there is also a foam...

Luminol - Wikipedia

and if you really want, here is a way to make home made luminol ( its a bit of a dumb recipe, because you need luminol powder to make it up, you might as well just buy the pre made spray lol but hey if you have some of the powder laying around )

How to Make Sodium Nitrate

Last edited:
A person of interest is not a suspect. Its a normal part of any investigation as far as I am aware. Its sensible to start with the last known person to see a missing person. It is a terrible shame that all avenues where not looked into from day one of of any missing person. I cant begin to imagine what loved ones must be going through as they have to ride the storm of media as every part of their lives are put under a microscope for all to see.

I'd hope that he would come forward if police didn't contact him. Unless he lives on Mars, there's no way he could be in ignorance of his role in that.

But we need to remember the Kendall resident who noticed strange vehicles in the street but waited a year or so for someone to ask him about that!

It's a natural thing to say when you can't find your child, and you know they've never wandered before, but you would still look everywhere.
You wouldn't just stop looking once you've checked your own house and grounds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member