Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I rang 000 for my missing child, I'd want them to come a.s.a.p, I wouldn't be wasting time giving them every detail of where I went, time is precious. jmo
I have called 000 when my child went missing, and they kept me on the line until police had arrived so I could provide every detail. They send police as soon as you’ve provided the location - not after you’ve hung up.

I have only rung 000 once and yes they ask a LOT of details while they dispatch the ambulance or whatever, I remember getting quite frustrated at all the questions, then she told me they had already been dispatched and were on the way to chill me out and get me to keep giving more details as they drove to the scene. I definitely wasn't interested in going into a long version of events, just get here, and deal with this drama is the usual attitude!

I don't know that it's fair to say that a person's responses are 'the usual attitude'.
I'm a very calm in emergency and methodical person. I've called ambulances for my own children and remained calm, because panic is not helpful and not in my nature.
If you listen to her call, you can hear the shaking of her voice.
The one thing that did strike me about her call to 000 is the mention of the freckle on his head, when you part his hair. My daughter has a birthmark on her scalp that is not visible. I highly doubt I'd use that as a descriptor.
I wonder if the FFC had recently examined WT's head, say in the case of a fall, and it was in the forefront of mind.
Total speculation.

I have only rung 000 once and yes they ask a LOT of details while they dispatch the ambulance or whatever, I remember getting quite frustrated at all the questions, then she told me they had already been dispatched and were on the way to chill me out and get me to keep giving more details as they drove to the scene. I definitely wasn't interested in going into a long version of events, just get here, and deal with this drama is the usual attitude!

Welcome to my day (and night) job! And yes you sound like a typical caller. Many get frustrated with the questions. We have to ask though. Firstly to get you the right help, and also scene safety (weapons, gas leaks etc). We have to pass on details to the responding crews and questioning can bring up risk factors so they know what they’re walking into .

Unfortunately it doesn’t give me a much greater insight into the 000 call than anyone else. It is true that people have different reactions to same types of scenarios. I thought she was too calm, my colleague thinks she sounds normal. So there you go.

Hmmn.

If FFC was so convinced that WT wasn't a wanderer, why was the Riding School one of the places she searched before calling 000?
if you don't believe your child is a wanderer, if they are not anywhere in the immediate area, you start looking further away. CS's family did that. Summer Wells family did that. And both families insisted their child wasn't a wanderer.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you don't believe your child is a wanderer, if they are not anywhere in the immediate area, you start looking further away. Cleo's family did that. Summer Wells family did that. And both families insisted their child wasn't a wanderer.
Also she possibly wasn’t looking for William alone and wandering but taken and possibly on foot with an abducter

I don't know that it's fair to say that a person's responses are 'the usual attitude'.
I'm a very calm in emergency and methodical person. I've called ambulances for my own children and remained calm, because panic is not helpful and not in my nature.
If you listen to her call, you can hear the shaking of her voice.
The one thing that did strike me about her call to 000 is the mention of the freckle on his head, when you part his hair. My daughter has a birthmark on her scalp that is not visible. I highly doubt I'd use that as a descriptor.
I wonder if the FFC had recently examined WT's head, say in the case of a fall, and it was in the forefront of mind.
Total speculation.
I'm the same. I kick into survival mode during an emergency situation and try to be as calm as possible to relay info.

The thread has been pad locked from the get go.

Having a new POI of relevance has liberated the thread. Finally.

Lucky your here though freddo to keep it on track.;) (no shut downs )

I just feel like we are so close to finding out what happened to William and it would be awful if the thread was closed down for good before we have had a chance to digest and debate the result, and we have had so many warnings and temporary thread closures while mods clean up posts.

I know we have a new POI in the FFC but I am not sure how it stands right because the forums are victim-friendly, and in my opinion I consider both foster parents victims until either one of them are charged and/or convicted of his death.

I find it interesting in the ffc statement she states that her and William went outside and played in the garden , and chased each other around the garden.
Then she states she took William up the hill, then fell over and hurt her hands .
Then she said she went back to tell her mother.
It seems she spent most of her morning with William.
So if anything " sinister" did happen , fgm or Lt could possibly not have known are thing.
But surely fgm would of heard her car leave??
Hhmmm
Are you allowed to post the statement here ? Everything is blanked out

A forensic psychologist spoke on this at the inquest: (also spoke about FM and the two cars):

The expert was also questioned about Ronald Chapman’s account of seeing William dressed in a Spider-Man suit being driven past his home on 12 September.

The Kendall resident told the inquest in March 2020 that he was “sure” the boy he saw in the back of a Toyota LandCruiser was William.

Paterson said Chapman’s retelling of the memory changed over time, with an initial mention of a cape not appearing later and the latter accounts told with more confidence and accuracy about key events.

The memory expert said it could be the case Chapman was incorporating “post-event information”, such as news reports, in his memory reconstruction. She said her evidence assumed Chapman and the foster mother were giving accounts in good faith.

“There are ways that people can report information that is not true but they are not lying,” Paterson said.

William Tyrrell's foster mother could have created false memory about parked cars, inquest told

BBM This is my current speculation. IMO

I wonder if it's ever been considered a possibility that WT did actually run off that morning and the FFC had to chase after him in her mother's car? Perhaps she was angry when she caught up with him... I know I used to have a dog that would run off if given the chance and it was so inconvenient and frustrating having to chase after her.

If she has done this she has managed to snow multiple police and emergency responders, her husband, family, the media etc .. is this likely? Or is it simply because once police were convinced everyone else was convinced too, simply believing that if police had cleared her that was good enough.

Welcome to my day (and night) job! And yes you sound like a typical caller. Many get frustrated with the questions.

The one question that drives me nuts these days from any such business is "nearest cross street?"

In the era before GPS and Google maps, etc, that was a fair enough question, but these days?

And I am referring to when a specific suburban street address is given, not a location out in the bush with no street addresses.

I just feel like we are so close to finding out what happened to William and it would be awful if the thread was closed down for good before we have had a chance to digest and debate the result, and we have had so many warnings and temporary thread closures while mods clean up posts.

I know we have a new POI in the FFC but I am not sure how it stands right because the forums are victim-friendly, and in my opinion I consider both foster parents victims until either one of them are charged and/or convicted of his death.

William is the victim. The FF were charged with child abuse. So the FD is also an alleged victim.

IMO The FF has enjoyed far too much anonymity and protection from scrutiny in this case.

Even if the FF is not responsible for the disappearance (which is highly doubtful IMO), there's the fact that a foster child (that is, somebody else's child who they were meant to be taking care of) was not adequately supervised and was taken. That makes the FM at the bare minimum, culpable to some extent.

IMO only.

And at once stage the operator asked her to wait a moment - to bring up screen of address I think. FM seemed so calm during what must have seemed like a very long wait!

And at once stage the operator asked her to wait a moment - to bring up screen of address I think. FM seemed so calm during what must have seemed like a very long wait!

When you're a loving mum you can't imagine that a mother could do something purposely evil, but sadly, mothers are the most likely people to kill their children. More likely than strangers, step father's, pedophiles, serial killers.
I understand that, completely. I have followed hundreds of cases---been reading here since 2011 and before that was on another crime forum. So I know that there are plenty of murderous mums....

But for some reason I am not getting that vibe here. I could be totally wrong. Maybe while she was making his eggs and toast she was planning where to bury his little body after breakfast?

It's just that so many of the 'reasons' mentioned here seem innocent and explainable. The first one that got me was the one saying it was pointed out that FM said he was wearing his shoes when he went outside, and she knew it because he didn't like bindi or doggie poop.

OH NO---there was no bindi in the yard and the family dog was dead. BUSTED, she must be the prime suspect now. :rolleyes:

That^^^ seemed silly to be put in an article as an example of their new findings. Plenty of other dogs probably pooped in their yard. And babies have tender feet age age 3. I am sure there were nettles or splinters or rocks that he didn't like when he was running around.

I am waiting to hear more about the alleged abuse charges before I decide to get onboard with this new development.

Welcome to my day (and night) job! And yes you sound like a typical caller. Many get frustrated with the questions. We have to ask though. Firstly to get you the right help, and also scene safety (weapons, gas leaks etc). We have to pass on details to the responding crews and questioning can bring up risk factors so they know what they’re walking into .

Unfortunately it doesn’t give me a much greater insight into the 000 call than anyone else. It is true that people have different reactions to same types of scenarios. I thought she was too calm, my colleague thinks she sounds normal. So there you go.

IMO she sounds like she's trying to sound stressed but fails. Similar to how in her 60 minutes interview it sounds like she's trying to force out tears. None of it feels genuine IMO.

If she has done this she has managed to snow multiple police and emergency responders, her husband, family, the media etc .. is this likely? Or is it simply because once police were convinced everyone else was convinced too, simply believing that if police had cleared her that was good enough.
Yes, I think it was something like that. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members