Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow ... the toddler's sister and brother were so brave. I just saw them on TV. The man had tried to befriend them in a park (babysitter momentarily gone), then he grabbed the toddler and ran.

The CCTV footage shows the 8 year old sister ran after him screaming, and her younger brother ran after her pushing the stroller. The guy put the toddler down in an alley and skeedadled. They were very sure that the guy was kidnapping their little brother, and were determined to get him back. Little heroes!

A 15 year old Has been arrested over this! 15!!! :eek:hwow:

Watching the video of the sister and brother running after the little guy, it felt like a long time before the sister came running after them, when in reality it was literally seconds.

BBM: I'm not sure about the unlikely to re-offend part, because I feel that people who do this (or may have done this) to children have a haywire cog in their brains - but yes, perhaps they were already watching the POI very closely. Then Insp Jubelin came along and decided to name him, for reasons of pressure and/or parental alertness - as they couldn't watch him inside other people's/customer's homes.

:dunno:

6 months today since the little tacker has been gone. :(

i know, paedophiles have the highest reoffending rate and i personally dont think they are ever "cured", and sadly they can offend for years without ever being caught.
dear little william, half a year older!

For all we know, police may very well have been conducting searches during the course of this week or even perhaps over the next few days. They will use whatever strategy they think is best as they don't always inform the media/general public if they decide not to do so.

Which REALLY makes me wonder why the searches of WS house and subsequent bushland searches (close to his house) were so heavily publicised?

So sad that it's been 6 months.

A 15 year old Has been arrested over this! 15!!! :eek:hwow:

Watching the video of the sister and brother running after the little guy, it felt like a long time before the sister came running after them, when in reality it was literally seconds.

I just have to say that I was skim reading and the only part I read of your post was that a 15 year old 'did this'. In those few seconds I took that to mean did this to William. I nearly had a heart attack and felt instantly ill !

Way back in the threads somewhere, we had at least one convo about this. The best we could find at the time was Supt Fehon saying, in reply to a question, that “You should always be watching out for your children, regardless” or words to that effect.

Of course, since then, they have gone even further than that and very unusually actually named a POI. A “63-year old nice, caring foster grandfather”. As well as now highlighting the fact that they believe William's apparent abduction was opportunistic. If that doesn’t tell everybody to be careful of anyone, no matter how unsuspecting they may be, and at any time ... I don’t know what does.

IMO

Also, maybe the residents of Kendall had been asked questions by police that made them worried... e.g. have you noticed any suspicious behaviour or vehicles.

Looking back at the news articles from when Jubelin took over the investigation, he said they were starting at "ground zero" and that anyone who was within 1km of the abduction site and didn't come forward would be viewed with suspicion.

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...idered-a-suspect/story-fnj3rq0y-1227224945724

I wonder if Spedding didn't come forward after this announcement but they had proof that he was there. I'm really curious whether any of the vehicles viewed on the CCTV at Kendall Tennis Club were Spedding's. Perhaps he didn't come forward at that request either?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...de-investigation/story-fnpn118l-1227163020421

It would be really stupid of Spedding if he didn't come forward after that announcement, considering his truck has his LOGO in huge letters all over it.

But I think he was interviewed very early on , so he knew he was on their radar. He is a moron if he tried to deny being there.

It would be really stupid of Spedding if he didn't come forward after that announcement, considering his truck has his LOGO in huge letters all over it.

But I think he was interviewed very early on , so he knew he was on their radar. He is a moron if he tried to deny being there.

Unless it wasn't him driving....

The encouraging thing in the link that Angeline posted was: The area includes parts of Kendall, approach roads into the town and a wild expanse of state forest. According to The Australian every human movement within it will be tracked on computer. It suggests to me they are using every form of technology available to them to track any human movement within that area...I know when hubby's phone was stolen...the police were able to track it to the exact street it was disposed in.....if they are tracking each and every humans technological footprint so to speak...and identify a person within that area that didn't come forward....they have a POI or a number of POI's..... if William wasn't overlooked out there somewhere and there was human intervention....would appear that person has only a limited number of days of freedom

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. So they are using electronic tracking for the day William disappeared? I wonder how they do that - is it like Jill Meagher's case where they were able to trace the path that her phone traveled along (and they were able to do that days later IIRC).

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that. So they are using electronic tracking for the day William disappeared? I wonder how they do that - is it like Jill Meagher's case where they were able to trace the path that her phone traveled along (and they were able to do that days later IIRC).

Yes, that's correct even if BS had disposed of his phone the information is still stored with his provider they can also retrieve sms from most up to date phone's, deleting his calls and messages is not an alibi. If he didn't phone grandma as he said he did he's a goner.

Maybe he thought if he phoned grandma while a search was going on thinking he could use that alibi knowing everyone was out searching and no one to answer the home phone. It would be extra normal for someone to stay in the house to receive calls not everyone has a mobile. If I'm out and losing battery I redirect my calls until I can recharge.

Web sleuths solve cold case: How internet detectives are digging into crimes

http://www.news.com.au/technology/o...ging-into-crimes/story-fnjwnhzf-1227260582312

I didn't see where webslueths solved any crime in the article? Just where they identified a victim. I don't believe we as a group are able to solve any crimes as we are only allowed to talk about and sleuth things the police AND media already know about and they have a lot more information and resources than we do.

In groups / forums where you are allowed to talk openly and not just rehash media articles I'm sure the members are able to occasionally assist police.

Can't solve the mystery, until you unravel the details. Difficult to solve or prosecute the crime, unless you have the body. These things can be done by investigating the victim - which we are allowed to do. Difficult to do for a child, because they are minors who are rightfully protected. Then it is up to the police alone, and any witnesses who can help.

Dr. Teleka Patrick could hardly sleep or eat last year. She cried every day.
Between patients, she feverishly tweeted about a Grammy-nominated gospel singer she never met who God told her she would marry.

And then she disappeared.

To protect herself, she wrote the tweets under several pseudonyms, including “figment,” and often deleted the messages right after posting them.

But the deleted tweets came to light last month after they were retrieved by Websleuths, an online crime forum.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140220/METRO06/302200035#ixzz3UDxFztz8

Websleuths is far from the only example of a community of internet detectives. There’s also the amateur-run Doe Network, which as well as the US, lists cases from Mexico, Canada and the UK, for example.

Sites like these helped pave the way for the launch in 2008 of NamUs.gov, a missing and unidentified persons system which is overseen by the US National Institute of Justice. It allows anyone to search for and contribute to open cases.

NamUs claims that so far there have been 309 unidentified persons cases and 708 missing persons cases which have been “NamUs Aided”.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20140501-meet-the-bedroom-detectives

Yes they could do that.... but I was also thinking the police could request a "Tower Dump"...that is to have all mobile device records that pinged off the closest tower to that area of Kendall on that day and within the specific time frame of 10am to 11am. It would take a lot of work to go through all the records but by a process of elimination they can cross off all people that have come forward to say they were within that 1km radius - and narrow down those who haven't come forward so far....I'm thinking that was why the statement was made..."If you were there and haven't come forward I would be very suspicious." A device doesn't have to be in use ie; made a call either...the towers are constantly taking receiving signals from devices that come into their range...the only way to avoid that info being recorded is if the battery in a device is removed....but you'd only do that if you planned a crime...not if it was on a whim.

Yes they could do that.... but I was also thinking the police could request a "Tower Dump"...that is to have mobile device records that were within that area of Kendall on that day and within the specific time frame of 10am to 11am. It would take a lot of work to go through all the records but by a process of elimination they can cross off all people that have come forward to say they were within that 1km radius - and narrow down those who haven't come forward so far....I'm thinking that was why the statement was made..."If you were there and haven't come forward I would be very suspicious."

Wow ... that is so interesting Puggle. Thanks! :seeya:

A Tower Dump - had to look it up.

"Fairfax Media has confirmed Australian law-enforcement agencies are using a technique known as a "tower dump", which gives police data about the identity, activity and location of any phone that connects to targeted cell towers over a set span of time, generally an hour or two.

A typical dump covers multiple towers, and mobile providers, and can net information about thousands of mobile phones.

The dumps are usually used in circumstances when police have few leads and can be a useful, powerful tool in tracking down criminals."

1404659277645.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/...s-to-track-down-criminals-20140706-zsvtf.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024