Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we assume that BS had NOT attended the school awards? He said he was there, and that his presence was witnessed by his wife, the school, and a friend taking photographs. Did I miss something or are we just assuming he is lying about all of those witnesses?
I didn't see where it was reported that his presence was confirmed at the school presentation. Could you please link. ?

Maybe the time had already been made for BS to attend on the 12th, he turned up at pre-arranged time and saw an opportunity and took it without the Grandmother knowing he was even there.

Later in the day to cover himself he rings and says "sorry I didn't get there earlier, can I come now?"

All of this may have raised eyebrows to the detectives......

You've lost me. If the time had already been made for Spedding to attend, and he turned up at a pre-arranged time ... then wouldn't the grandmother know he was going to turn up? My understanding is that it wasn't arranged.

Why would we assume that BS had NOT attended the school awards? He said he was there, and that his presence was witnessed by his wife, the school, and a friend taking photographs. Did I miss something or are we just assuming he is lying about all of those witnesses?

I think you may have missed something from previous threads. The school did not confirm that he was there. They would not comment when asked by journalists. It was not confirmed that he was seen by a friend taking photos, he apparently asked her to look and see if he was in any of her photos. We have not heard the result of that.

Having been a school mum at a school about the size of Laurieton school, you get to know (at least visually) who belongs with which child. Especially your own child's friends. It seems odd that no-one has come out and said "Oh yes, I saw Bill and Marge at the assembly. We smiled and nodded to each other".

On top of that, it has not been confirmed that he sat with his wife and had coffee across the road prior to the assembly. Cafe could not confirm that they saw him either.

And with the morning 'missed' phone calls with grandma being unconfirmed, and not in his call log ... it is a lot of unconfirmed stuff for one morning. No doubt raised the police hackles pretty quickly.

There should be someone in that small community that can confirm that they saw him at the place(s) he said he was on that morning. There are only 1,900 total people in Laurieton. An everybody-knows-everybody size town.

http://localstats.qpzm.com.au/stats/nsw/north-coast/mid-north-coast/laurieton

Maybe it was loosely arranged? When we order repair persons here, they schedule a block of time (noon to 4, for example) because they don't know how long each repair will take and they always call first to see if we are home when they are ready for us.

I think you may have missed something from previous threads. The school did not confirm that he was there. They would not comment when asked by journalists. It was not confirmed that he was seen by a friend taking photos, he apparently asked her to look and see if he was in any of her photos. We have not heard the result of that.

Having been a school mum at a school about the size of Laurieton school, you get to know (at least visually) who belongs with which child. Especially your own child's friends. It seems odd that no-one has come out and said "Oh yes, I saw Bill and Marge at the assembly. We smiled and nodded to each other".

On top of that, it has not been confirmed that he sat with his wife and had coffee across the road prior to the assembly. Cafe could not confirm that they saw him either.

And with the morning 'missed' phone calls with grandma being unconfirmed, and not in his call log ... it is a lot of unconfirmed stuff for one morning. No doubt raised the police hackles pretty quickly.

There should be someone in that small community that can confirm that they saw him at the place(s) he said he was on that morning. There are only 1,900 total people in Laurieton. An everybody-knows-everybody size town.

Completely agree

I agree totally, as far as I'm aware there has been no confirmation at all that he was at school, surely someone would have remembered him being there, I think his entire alibi is very weak, and I believe the police are convinced he is their man, I can't think of another case where the police have been so obvious about their thoughts. I'm sure they were much more circumspect about GBC before his arrest.

You've lost me. If the time had already been made for Spedding to attend, and he turned up at a pre-arranged time ... then wouldn't the grandmother know he was going to turn up? My understanding is that it wasn't arranged.

I would imagine with William going missing and all the frenzy surrounding that it would have slipped her mind until he called back.

Quit trying to point the finger at anyone who has not been named a POI.

There is ONE POI named by police.

Any posts veering outside of that will be removed and you will lose posting privileges.

I'm of the opinion that police are close to making an arrest but need physical evidence before they can act. Maybe they don't have quite enough to make an arrest without the physical evidence.

I wonder if BS is actually talking to the police since being declared a person of interest and seeking legal advice, which coincided with the raid of his home and office?
It has been reported he gave interview(s) but weren't they before the raids and seizure of his property.
imo

a credit card receipt for say $10 doesn't prove you bought 2 coffees. A credit card receipt won't show what you actually purchased, and won't show who purchased it or the time of purchase.

I agree SheepMan

PERSON OF INTEREST: a person who is believed to be possibly involved in a crime but has not been charged or arrested
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/person of interest

Police have visited the home of person of interest William Spedding after he was seen driving past a new area of bushland where dozens of police are combing for answers in the search for missing toddler William Tyrell.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/nsw/a/26496185/spedding-drove-past-tyrell-search-area/

Meanwhile, person of interest Bill Spedding remained tight-lipped as police searched the thick forest about 5km from his home.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...g-three-year-old/story-fni0cx12-1227245490641

Threadiquette:
"If no one has been named a suspect or person of interest then we can not discuss anyone in that manner"
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ette-Questions-about-rules-welcome-here/page3

Re-opening the thread, please take note of the following rules and make sure you all abide by them.

IF a person is named by police as a suspect or person of interest (POI), Websleuths allows that person to be discussed and sleuthed.

You can discuss whatever has been mentioned in media or by police. Do NOT point the finger at, accuse or allude to anyone else being involved in William's disappearance unless they have been named by police as a suspect or POI.

IF you state something as fact you must include a relevant media or police link. Do not post something as fact because of comments you may have read on social media.

We do NOT allow discussions about comments on social media. It is rife with rumours. We don't allow rumours in any shape or form.

Complaining about our rules, complaining about moderation, arguing with a moderator is also NOT allowed.

Any further questions regarding our rules need to be addressed via PM and not in thread.

IF you veer outside any of the above or any of our rules as detailed in TOS, you will find yourself on an auto timeout.

I agree totally, as far as I'm aware there has been no confirmation at all that he was at school, surely someone would have remembered him being there, I think his entire alibi is very weak, and I believe the police are convinced he is their man, I can't think of another case where the police have been so obvious about their thoughts. I'm sure they were much more circumspect about GBC before his arrest.

BBM: When you said this, kiwi, I thought that there is one other POI that police have been as obvious with about their thoughts. Wealthy businessman John Chardon, who is now in jail for child sex offences. He, too, has been heavily reported in MSM as being a POI in the case of his missing, and presumed murdered, wife Novy Chardon. All through the searches, all through the forensics, and continuing to this day - over 2 years later - he is still being called a POI in relation to this presumed crime.

What a shake up this community must be feeling. ..
Just awful, and a day after they finish searching around that area for little William.
I would be completely spooked living in that town now. .

A man has tried to entice a young boy into his car close to the area on the NSW mid north coast where police searched for evidence in the William Tyrrell case.

Police don't believe there is any link between the alleged approach to the nine-year-old yesterday and the suspected abduction of the toddler nearly six months ago.

The boy was allegedly approached at 3.15pm while walking along Ocean Drive in Lake Cathie.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...d-near-nsw-tyrrell-search#YFa3V8c1556JOl5s.99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3