Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BS is an electrician by trade and has a business of repairing appliances.

He and is wife have a pawn and loan business.

Then they also have a hire business?
Is this to do with the repair business, as in, he hires you a second hand washing machine while he repairs yours?
Or is it to do with the pawn business, as in, he hires goods that haven't been claimed?

The pawn/loan shops (Laurieton, Wellington) have closed. Wellington one was sold some time ago and from what I understand the Laurieton one closed more reticently (although before William went missing).

The hire/removals business was in Wellington. I presume it closed when BS moved from Welling to Laurieton 5 or so years ago.

My fisher & Paykel washer was going to cost $250.00 for the call out and part. YouTube showed me how to repair, I purchased the part myself for $5.50 and fixed the bloody thing myself!
Ha! Hubby was thinking of buying a new washer at that price & it's going strong.

Yes, it's expensive to get someone to come to your home and repair it, as it's travel (x 2 if he needs to order a part and return), cost of part and time and phone call to order. But from what I can see, he doesn't have a 'workshop' where you could take your appliance to be repaired if you wanted to save a few $$.

What I was wondering with my questions: Appliance repair man; loans and pawnbroking; hire business. That is a lot for one person to do. Does Mrs work at the pawnbrokers? Where does he keep his hire goods? I saw his pawn shop was above a liquor outlet, so I doubt you would want to wheel heavy appliances up the stairs (especially if you are over 60). Does he have someone employed or does his mate CY come in and help out?

Very possible!
Also, It could be one of those cases where he has done things before (not to this degree of actually kidnapping) and the child never spoke up. They may have been too scared or too young to know what was going on. Ive read many times in MSM where one person comes forward and then others follow, even if its many years afterward. Maybe he (or whoever took poor William) planned on returning William but he had an asthma attack. Just thinking out loud.

BBM

That is why I was certain that some would come forward once Spedding was named in the press. It seems to me that if he had been inappropriate with his kids or kids friends or in a customer's home---wouldn't someone have taken the perfect chance to speak up?

that surprised me and is what is keeping me on the fence. :fence:

I personally don't get the vibe about BS like I did with many others such as Baden-clay and the parents of Keisha.

I wonder if maybe William wandered into the bush and was picked up by someone or hit by a car or bike etc

DETECTIVES haven't ruled out the possibility that the person responsible for abducting toddler William Tyrell loitered outside his grandmother's home before snatching the three-year-old as soon as he was alone.

He'd been playing in the yard on the morning of September 12 when he was last seen going around the side of the home towards a grassy area near the road.

The highly experienced homicide detective leading the investigation, Detective Inspector Gary Jubelin, labelled the crime "opportunistic".

And he hasn't ruled out the scenario that someone was watching from outside the Kendall home until William was left alone.

"It's a huge coincidence that you have a situation where a young boy has been unsupervised, only for a very short moment, and someone has come into contact with him at the time," he told AAP, noting how quiet the street is.

"There is hardly any traffic and you can stand out there for half an hour to an hour without a car passing by."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...stigation-shifts/story-fn3dxiwe-1227225156327

I like the way he is thinking. And I hope it means he will look even closer at this immediate neighbor's homes. Maybe even investigate their close relatives and past visitors. Any of them have a son on the registry? Any of them have their daughter visiting, bringing along her dodgy boyfriend?

BS is an electrician by trade and has a business of repairing appliances.

He and is wife have a pawn and loan business.

Then they also have a hire business?
Is this to do with the repair business, as in, he hires you a second hand washing machine while he repairs yours?
Or is it to do with the pawn business, as in, he hires goods that haven't been claimed?

If I remember correctly, the pawn shop had closed down when it was searched.

He sold the hire shop in Wellington to move to where he is now and run the mobile repair business.

I think his son helped run the shops previously as the hire shop is listed on his profile.

There is still another Pawn Shop operating in Laurieton.

I'm left to wonder now if the tip off was in regards to a pawn shop being involved in taking WT if they've got the wrong one

01f8c4e06157b7e69cd06ee7c81f3a4f.jpg

I like the way he is thinking. And I hope it means he will look even closer at this immediate neighbor's homes. Maybe even investigate their close relatives and past visitors. Any of them have a son on the registry? Any of them have their daughter visiting, bringing along her dodgy boyfriend?

There was heavy rain and wind in Kendall a week or two before William's abduction. Maybe?possibly? Someone who was wet & cold from living in the bush was able to open the roller door and was keeping dry there....grandma was recently in hospital & no one home. :dunno:

Just thinking out loud. :thinking:

http://www.friendlyforecast.com/AU/archive/archive.php?id=4928&date=20140905

There is still another Pawn Shop operating in Laurieton.

I'm left to wonder now if the tip off was in regards to a pawn shop being involved in taking WT if they've got the wrong one

01f8c4e06157b7e69cd06ee7c81f3a4f.jpg

Among those statements was the one from Mr Spedding. Detectives allegedly found some inconsistencies in what he told them, which led them to the surprise raids on the tradesman’s former first-floor pawnbroking office in Laurieton and his Bonny Hills home last week.

“What he said did not add up because people he named did not remember seeing him,” a source alleged. The crime scene tape at the Bonny Hills house was taken down on Thursday as police completed their two-day search of the house where they dug up the yard, including a fire pit, and emptied a septic tank. Three cars were towed away and items including a mattress and computer taken from the pawnbroking office.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

This comes as a friend of Mr Spedding has laid out the detailed alibi he told police when questioned about his whereabouts around 10.30am September 12, when William went missing.

A friend told Daily Mail Australia that Mr Spedding went to his Laurieton office on Bold St on the morning of September 12.

He had received a part needed to fix William's grandmother's washing machine, after attending the Kendall home three days earlier for a quote, and attempted to ring her to make an appointment.

The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street.

As well as the search of Mr Spedding's rented house, police had earlier raided a shop in Laurieton, about 10km away, where he had once run a pawn-broking business until closing it down because the town's 5500 population could not support it

http://www.capitalbay.com/australia...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

This comes as a friend of Mr Spedding has laid out the detailed alibi he told police when questioned about his whereabouts around 10.30am September 12, when William went missing.

A friend told Daily Mail Australia that Mr Spedding went to his Laurieton office on Bold St on the morning of September 12.

He had received a part needed to fix William's grandmother's washing machine, after attending the Kendall home three days earlier for a quote, and attempted to ring her to make an appointment.

The friend said Mr Spedding then went to go meet his wife for coffee at Buzz Cafe, 140m away from his office on the opposite side of the street.

As well as the search of Mr Spedding's rented house, police had earlier raided a shop in Laurieton, about 10km away, where he had once run a pawn-broking business until closing it down because the town's 5500 population could not support it

http://www.capitalbay.com/australia...-to-do-with-william-tyrell-disappearance.html

My bold above.

So, the window signs remained but the business was closed down!
Yet he still used it as his 'office' for an appliance repair business.
As I commented in a previous post, it seems an unlikely premises to repair white goods as they would need to be carrried upstairs to the first floor!
Not something a 60+yo man would want to do on his own on a regular basis.
I wonder if the part for the grandmother's washing machine was delivered/addressed to his office premises?

None of this adds up either.

The question was how could someone commit his first crime at 60?

I don't think it's possible. If we're exploring the horrible 'p' word angle, I would bet my house that BS has previous charges or allegations of less-than-ideal behaviour.

I'm really sorry to be gruesome but this case smacks of a p ring (particularly referring to other POI's, other lines of enquiry, beds and mattresses being removed). It's a devastating thought. :(

I don't think it's possible. If we're exploring the horrible 'p' word angle, I would bet my house that BS has previous charges or allegations of less-than-ideal behaviour.

I'm really sorry to be gruesome but this case smacks of a p ring (particularly referring to other POI's, other lines of enquiry, beds and mattresses being removed). It's a devastating thought. :(
If he had previous charges or allegations there is no way he would be allowed to have foster children.

in the link I posted above....

He is not known to police, has no criminal convictions and has by all accounts led a quiet life with his wife Margaret, looking after three of their grandchildren.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...r-william-tyrell/story-fni0cx12-1227195546202

My bold above.

So, the window signs remained but the business was closed down!
Yet he still used it as his 'office' for an appliance repair business.
As I commented in a previous post, it seems an unlikely premises to repair white goods as they would need to be carrried upstairs to the first floor!
Not something a 60+yo man would want to do on his own on a regular basis.
I wonder if the part for the grandmother's washing machine was delivered/addressed to his office premises?

None of this adds up either.

Yes inspector rex
The office has always been a bit of a mystery to me.
His van did not display and office address in any of the msn photo's I have seen.
Directory does not display the office address.
So why have an office at all?
There was nothing that advertised his white goods repairs business to bring in drive by traffic in the small population.
I wonder if there was a land line connected to the office or maybe wifi for the computer(s)?

Yes inspector rex
His van did not display and office address in any of the msn photo's I have seen.
There was nothing that advertised his white goods repairs business to bring in drive by traffic in the small population.
I wonder if there was a land line connected to the office or maybe wifi for the computer(s)?

https://www.cashstop.com.au/agent/speddos-pawnbroking-and-loans/

http://static.fairfaxrural.com.au/classifiedsimages//full/16717120.pdf

http://abr.business.gov.au/SearchByName.aspx?SearchText=speddo's
The Speddos Hire and Speddos Pawnbroking and Loans are still current. ASIC business name search is down for maintenance this weekend, so I can't search there.

Yes inspector rex

As he probably had a X year lease still in place for the pawn shop.

in the link I posted above....

He is not known to police, has no criminal convictions and has by all accounts led a quiet life with his wife Margaret, looking after three of their grandchildren.

How long have they had the three grandchildren living with them?
Have they other grandchildren living with them previously?
Not all grandchildren living with grandparents are foster care arrangements?
Just thinking out loud.

Or he is just a POI because he may know something, they think he may know something or his alibi doesn't check out. As we know being a POI doesn't mean suspect or responsible party. He may not be directly involved or responsible in his disappearance or have anything to do at all or have any answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog