Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The question was how could someone commit his first crime at 60?

Could BS be suffering an early form of dementia? Many men's (& women) personalities change into someone unrecognisable to their loved ones....intermittently?
Wow just visit a nursing home.

Just because someone has a clean record doesn't mean they haven't committed crimes just that they haven't been caught. I'm not saying BS has done ANYTHING at all btw. I just wanted to point that out.

Bravehearts stats for children disclosing sex offenses against them ......

In Queensland, the Project Axis survey found that of 212 adult survivors:
25 took 5-9 years to disclose it;
33 took 10-19 years; and
51 took over 20 years.

... of 3721 reported offences committed by relatives:
25.5% of survivors took 1-5 years to report the acts;
9.7% took 5-10 years;
18.2% took 10-20 years, and
14.2% took more than 20 years.

Statute of Limitations in Child Sexual Assault Matters
http://www.bravehearts.org.au/pages/statute-of-limitations-in-child-sexual-assault-mat.php

So BS is now at "highest level of interest"....

March 4, 2015

He is a person of the ‘highest level of interest’ but not a suspect NSW Police have stressed.

http://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/s...lliam-police-talk-to-mr-spedding-again/?cs=12

Does anyone have a copy of the video where the lead investigator actually said this? When I saw it, I do not recall it being worded in this manor. It was worded in such a way that it seemed to be intentional wording downplaying his role......I believe it was "at most, he is a person of a high level of interest." If I am not mistaken this is a reporting error, BUT I can't find the video.

Does anyone have a copy of the video where the lead investigator actually said this? When I saw it, I do not recall it being worded in this manor. It was worded in such a way that it seemed to be intentional wording downplaying his role......I believe it was "at most, he is a person of a high level of interest." If I am not mistaken this is a reporting error, BUT I can't find the video.

I found this interview done on the 6th.

Michael Willing, Homicide, At its very highest, he's a person of interest, but he's not the only line of inquiry, and I want to stress that: he is not the only line of inquiry. There is a lot of information we are working through with this case.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4192949.htm

I take what is said here and above as two different things.

IMO, Highest level means he is at the very top or in otherwards he is at the highest level of interest in the case. At its very highest means it may not be too high because there are things above it. Also in the statement I provided he stressed that they are looking at other inquiries which could be other people. Again, I am not saying he is innocent, but I am not saying he is guilty. I just see no facts to suggest his guilt. If the police have no evidence of an alibi and he was around the time he went missing it makes sense for him to be a POI.

If he had previous charges or allegations there is no way he would be allowed to have foster children.

But do we know for sure whether its kin or foster, I know here in the UK a grandparent taking on my kids wouldn't be checked for past crimes.

33 took 10-19 years; and
51 took over 20 years.

9.7% took 5-10 years;

http://www.bravehearts.org.au/pages/statute-of-limitations-in-child-sexual-assault-mat.php

Thanks for posting this!!! Very scary numbers!!! The statistics IMO is part of the reason why people get away with it. With children, especially the little ones they do not understand that this is wrong until many years later, or they suppress the memory and it does not come out until much much later. Where I live there is a famous actor/comedian (now in his 70's and not sure if am allowed to mention his name here) who has all of these women coming forward saying that they were abused by him. For many this happened in the 60's and 70's so the statute of limitations wont let an arrest be made for them. The first woman came out and no one believed her, most likely because of who the man was she is accusing, I even had a hard time believing it at first. Soon after, A comedian did a skit on the actor and suddenly its all over the media and all of these other women followed and came forward. The number of accusers is well into the 20's. My point is that look how many years it took all of these women to come forward and it took someone taking the first step. I can see with kids it being even more scary or confusing because some do not even understand what is going on. And most kiddos do not watch the news so they are not likely to see the POI and speak up (if they even have the courage to do so).

If BS is guilty, I would assume that he has done this before but could always be a first time for everything.

I feel so terrible for anyone that this happens to, what a horrible horrible thing. And shame on all that commit this horrific sick crime.

Will be interesting to see where LE searches next.

Wish we could ask the parents some questions:

Even though William was not a child prone to wandering, was there anything that might have attracted his attention or that he may have gone to see or do?

Dogs; horses; kangaroos; motor bikes; birds; cats; gold fish; trampoline; swing; slippery slide; were there other children in the neighbourhood he had played with previously; was there anything he was particularly fascinated by? Did he know anyone in the neighbourhood from an earlier visit?

Hopefully LE have also asked these questions.

BBM

It was not the first time the family had visited Kendall, but their visits had become more frequent in recent months after William’s grandfather died earlier in the year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

Very possible people in the neighborhood and town were getting very familiar with WT's family.

Quite a lot of forensic testing involved if police filled the back of a paddy wagon.....

January 21, 2015

Laurieton local Kerry Buttsworth said officers took “a load of stuff”.

“They took computers out, they took a mattress out — they took a ton of stuff out actually, they filled the back of a paddy wagon up,” the man, who owns a butcher shop across the road, told Seven Network.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-at-nsw-property/story-e6frg6nf-1227191618077

I still do not quite understand the mattress in an office.......Did BS had some "interesting" hobbies or "visitors" that have not been revealed, that MS may or may not have known about?

I still do not quite understand the mattress in an office.......Did BS had some "interesting" hobbies or "visitors" that have not been revealed, that MS may or may not have known about?

the need for a nap/siesta during work day? MOO
<modsnip>

<modsnip>

<modsnip>
I guess with all of the speculation it can seem weirder than it actually may be in reality.

It is possible that at times one or more of the grandsons they were caring for may have accompanied him to work where perhaps they had some gaming set up on the computer there? That is what I used to do with my boys when I owned a cafe and had to bring them there sometimes with me. Perhaps he happened to get a mattress through his business which later perhaps became his? All 3 (or 4 perhaps) of the boys could have been accommodated on the one mattress, along with snacks and such to keep them occupied. If there was any sign whatsoever of WT on that mattress, you can bet Mr. S would be sitting in jail right now, which might lead one to speculate that nothing of the kind was found.

<modsnip>

Or not. According to reports in September, it was William and his sister's first visit to Kendall. The 'family' may have visited before (without the foster children), but who is to argue with the MSM report that it was the children's first time?

BBM

William and his sister, 4, arrived at their grandmother's house in Benaroon Drive, on the evening of Thursday, September 11 for their first visit from Sydney's north shore. (William has a complicated family history and, for legal reasons, his family cannot be identified).http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-in-agony-over-mystery-of-a-little-boy-lost-20140920-10jn4y.html

BBM

It was not the first time the family had visited Kendall, but their visits had become more frequent in recent months after William’s grandfather died earlier in the year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ing-from-kendall/story-fnpn118l-1227173646506

Very possible people in the neighborhood and town were getting very familiar with WT's family.

<modsnip>

I think the mattress was there for nefarious reasons if you need to take a nap during the workday you sleep in a chair or go home but you don't go to trouble of bringing a mattress to work for a nap MOO.

Why a just mattress and not a camp bed ?

33 took 10-19 years; and
51 took over 20 years.

9.7% took 5-10 years;

That is all true. But what is the 'trigger' that spurs someone to come forward with this information?

I am a survivor of childhood sexual abuse, and I spent many years in discussion/support groups. And many years spent helping to lead similar groups.

In my experience, once a pedophile IS OUTED PUBLICLY, the majority of his victims will step forward. Once someone accuses a teacher/coach/babysitter of sexual crimes, the other accusers always step forward. Sometimes that takes years.

I never told anyone until my uncle unexpectedly died in a car accident. I always felt guilty for not coming forward sooner. But I just couldn't.
But no one else ever accused him of anything that I knew of.

I think the mattress was there for nefarious reasons if you need to take a nap during the workday you sleep in a chair or go home but you don't go to trouble of bringing a mattress to work for a nap MOO.

My husband had a mattress in the tiny office he used to use. It was not nefarious. He took naps.

i am sure if it was a camp bed someone would point out that it was there for nefarious reasons
if he is looking after three young kids a mattress would be a good idea for keeping them sitting, napping play, etc
unless the mattress was found to have traces of blood, semen, bodily fluids, etc i'll leave it that it was there for the grandkids and for naps

Or not. According to reports in September, it was William and his sister's first visit to Kendall. The 'family' may have visited before (without the foster children), but who is to argue with the MSM report that it was the children's first time?

BBM
William and his sister, 4, arrived at their grandmother's house in Benaroon Drive, on the evening of Thursday, September 11 for their first visit from Sydney's north shore. (William has a complicated family history and, for legal reasons, his family cannot be identified). http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/kendall-in...20-10jn4y.html

Originally Posted by krig101
BBM

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1227173646506

Interesting....Is it possible that William's foster family consists of (in Kendall) relatives other than just the grandmother?

Just because William was visiting Granny at her house for the first time does not exclude him having previously visited an Aunt's house in Kendall for example, or any other relative in that locality. This does not seem outside the realms of possibility -Grandma lives in Kendall, so others from that family might live there too. William might have stayed in the area several times previously for all we know.

William may have been observed on those occasions (if they actually happened).

A mental note might have been made, by the perp, of William's family's car - upon seeing the vehicle in town on that Friday (when the father was running errands) the perp might have headed to Benaroon Drive, having heard that Grandma was just out of hospital.

No facts - just me throwing some thoughts around.

Interesting....Is it possible that William's foster family consists of (in Kendall) relatives other than just the grandmother?

Just because William was visiting Granny at her house for the first time does not exclude him having previously visited an Aunt's house in Kendall for example, or any other relative in that locality. This does not seem outside the realms of possibility -Grandma lives in Kendall, so others from that family might live there too. William might have stayed in the area several times previously for all we know.

William may have been observed on those occasions (if they actually happened).

A mental note might have been made, by the perp, of William's family's car - upon seeing the vehicle in town on that Friday (when the father was running errands) the perp might have headed to Benaroon Drive, having heard that Grandma was just out of hospital.

No facts - just me throwing some thoughts around.

I just read last night that William had no other family in Kendall, or the area. Can't remember how it was worded now. I can't quickly find the link again either. :sigh:
If I find it, I will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member