Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone legal minded tell me why Speddings face is now blurred on the news?

He was taken to the Port Macquarie Police Station where he was charged with five counts of sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 10 years, and two counts of common assault.

The State Crime Command investigators allege the offences were committed against two girls, aged three and six, in 1987 in Sydney’s Campbelltown area.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ding-reports-say/story-fns0kb1g-1227315253705

He was taken to the Port Macquarie Police Station where he was charged with five counts of sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 10 years, and two counts of common assault.

The State Crime Command investigators allege the offences were committed against two girls, aged three and six, in 1987 in Sydney’s Campbelltown area.

http://www.news.com.au/national/cri...ding-reports-say/story-fns0kb1g-1227315253705
Oh dear. That literally makes me feel sick.

It's due to our sub judice laws. From the time somebody is arrested, charged or a warrant is issued, up to the moment when the court finishes dealing with it, the case is said to be sub judice. Innocent until proven guilty.

don't even know what to say to that...how could anyone..

I've seen some tv news blur his face tonight, others not so.

It isn't to do with him specifically, but more generally if they show his face/give his name and he is found to be innocent by a court then it opens the media up to big lawsuits. Remember BS hasn't been convicted of todays charges he may still be found innocent by a court.

If he's charged on those 5 counts on the two kids and nothing else, I'm guessing he won't get too long in jail? 10 years? I hope I'm wrong

I do not subscribe to the theory that BS is being 'set up'. Police and DOCS (or whatever they are called now) only respond to factual evidence. If these services were acting on every allegation - without proof - good lawd, what a train wreck our society would be.

Please note that I am not verified so you can pass this off as an opinion or lie if you choose. You only have my word that I'm being truthful.

Having dealt extensively with FACS (family and community services, the new name for DOCS) in my line of work, yes they do have to investigate reports which are not based on fact and they have to look into cases without any solid evidence. There are plenty of revenge based reports with no factual basis or proof - and they need to be investigated. Imagine if they weren't.

It is one of the reasons they are struggling. Not only are they underfunded, but some parents will try anything to get their child back. Not just families whose children are in OOHC but non-custodial parents too.

I won't think about them because I take into consideration that the police have got to have a result on this case, which I think is a great motive to make the facts fit under time pressure. The media are completely in their pocket which means I don't see any true investigative journalism happening, just turning up and feeding us the police line, We are not allowed to look at anyone else in this case on this forum and the charges have not been proved in a court of law. Why would I bleed my heart for something that may not have even taken place. IMHO

Wow that sounds very callous and cold.

5 counts of sexual intercourse with a person under 10 and 2 counts of common assault and you won't let your heart bleed! As a mother of 2 kids and a survivor of child sexual abuse myself, your comments make me shake my head....

No, he hasn't yet been found guilty but my god, they were babies!!!

In a link posted earlier, and I'll post it again. Spedding will be refused bail. That's pretty serious, right? I know the allegations are serious, but don't they take into consideration a range of things before refusing bail? E.g. likelihood of skipping the country, danger to the community, etc. Has anyone ever heard of someone being refused bail for "historical" offences?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...of-bill-spedding-over-missing-william-tyrrell

Also, I think it is excellent that the police have nabbed him for this. There was a post about 20 pages back wondering why they would arrest him since it was so long ago.

These women matter. They were babies when they were assaulted. Their whole lives have no doubt been impacted by this atrocity. It doesn't matter how long ago they were abused, any person who EVER does this to a child deserves to be punished severely.

According to the NSW Electoral Roll for the 1980's William Harrie Spedding was living in Campbelltown with his wife.

Also, I think it is excellent that the police have nabbed him for this. There was a post about 20 pages back wondering why they would arrest him since it was so long ago.

These women matter. They were babies when they were assaulted. Their whole lives have no doubt been impacted by this atrocity. It doesn't matter how long ago they were abused, any person who EVER does this to a child deserves to be punished severely.

Thank you so much for that post fruity. I have seen so many comments (not here) of why it took so long as if it is the girls fault somehow.

In a link posted earlier, and I'll post it again. Spedding will be refused bail. That's pretty serious, right? I know the allegations are serious, but don't they take into consideration a range of things before refusing bail? E.g. likelihood of skipping the country, danger to the community, etc. Has anyone ever heard of someone being refused bail for "historical" offences?

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...of-bill-spedding-over-missing-william-tyrrell

Yes I would think he would have been offered bail? That's interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member