Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it normal to be held overnight for court on the these charges? I understand they are serious offences but people who commit these things don't normally get a lot of jail time (which they should). I just didn't think they would hold him :/

Thank you so much for that post fruity. I have seen so many comments (not here) of why it took so long as if it is the girls fault somehow.

One of my friends had a call from the police and social services recently, saying they were concerned that someone had access to her children who might hurt them. She was flummoxed, but finally found out this relative, an in-law, had been accused of sexually assaulting his step children when they were teenagers. Nothing was done at the time but 20 years later the case went to court when the stepchildren were in their 30's, he was found not guilty due to lack of evidence. Fast forward another 10 years and one of these stepchildren (now in her 40's) looked up my friend on FB and saw she had young children and was worried history could repeat itself and called the police.

That took longer to explain that I thought, but what I'm trying to say is I guess victims of abuse might hold in their bad memories until they become parents themselves, or realise the person that hurt them could hurt the next generation.

Colin to the rescue

Colin Youngberry, a Vietnam veteran from Laurieton, says he has known Spedding for almost three decades and that Spedding is devastated to be linked to William’s disappearance. Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin. Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

taken from here http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

I am pretty sure he has only been married to Margaret for about 12 years or so. We found something (can't remember what) and posted about it way back in the threads somewhere.

It has been 28 years.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

"Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners."

So they would have got married very close to the time these alleged offences took place?

I thought I read 28? So could have been when the abuse started?

Ohhhhh .... now you know I am going to have to go try to find the info again, so we can figure it out! :lol:

Found it! You are right, Lola .... 28 years. Same time period as the child sex offences ... 1987.

Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Until four years ago Spedding, an electrician, and Margaret had lived in western NSW at Coonabarabran and Wellington. Four years ago they moved back to the mid-north coast, where Margaret was raised.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

ETA: Thanks Angeline ... just saw your post. Oh, and you too, Adrianna. Just saw your post too. :seeya:

Just in reference to scanners/media, media often get their info directly from police. Police have a media liaison unit. They will notify the media of events, such as a car accident with four teens wrapped around a pole, for example. They will even set up a staging post for media and advise them where they can station themselves. They're not all huddled around scanners, though I'm sure they do use them as well for whatever is not encrypted.

Police and media work together like this, and despite the fact no one would argue that the media often goes too far, they are a valuable resource in disseminating information to the public, and are not generally considered the enemy.

Pol metro radio is encrypted, but also in relation to a planned arrest it's unlikely there would be any radio traffic at all, radio traffic is generally emergency related events, and the people doing the arresting in these situations are the detectives, not police "on the beat" so to speak. I think they'd only use their radios in the event an arrest went pear shaped and they needed back up from field officers.

Found it! You are right, Lola .... 28 years. Not terribly long after the alleged child sex offences.

Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Until four years ago Spedding, an electrician, and Margaret had lived in western NSW at Coonabarabran and Wellington. Four years ago they moved back to the mid-north coast, where Margaret was raised.

ETA: Thanks Angeline ... just saw your post. Oh, and you too, Adrianna. :seeya:

Right around the start of the abuse? That was when they were married, but obviously there was a relationship for some time beforehand? So it may well have been during his time with MS. Doesn't mean she had any knowledge of it of course

I doubt I will be getting to sleep before midnight. The media usually update their stories around then. What will we find out next??

Not looking good for Bill Spedding.

I see a lot of people take the term pedophile ring to mean something akin to organised trafficking, or hostage situations. Whilst trafficking undoubtedly exists and there have been many instances of systematic and widespread abuse of children in places like schools and orphanages, if a pedophile ring is exposed here I don't think it will be of that ilk. I would say most pedophile rings that occur in the "real" vs virtual world, that you hear of in the media, are a smallish group of men who abuse vulnerable children they have ready access to. There will be others enabling or turning a blind eye. I would imagine often this "ring" includes adult family members and friends, and the organisation amounts to sharing access, versus any kidnapping and prostitution.

What does this mean for William? I don't think he was kidnapped to be held hostage in an organised ring with a "leader", which has real estate to hold him. If a random person snatches him for deviant sexual reasons, the more people that know that person has that predilicition the better the chance of catching him.

The others will be absolutely producing bricks, if you get my drift. Once it starts to unravel it will all come out.

Right around the start of the abuse? That was when they were married, but obviously there was a relationship for some time beforehand? So it may well have been during his time with MS. Doesn't mean she had any knowledge of it of course

Yep, 28 years ago was 1987. Married and allegedly committing child sex offences ... all in the same year.

Mr Spedding was taken to Port Macquarie police station, where he remained into the early evening being questioned over child sexual abuse allegations dating back to 1987.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/22/spedding-arrested-on-child-abuse-claims.html

Colin to the rescue

Colin Youngberry, a Vietnam veteran from Laurieton, says he has known Spedding for almost three decades and that Spedding is devastated to be linked to William’s disappearance. Margaret Spedding is Youngberry’s wife’s cousin. Bill and Margaret married 28 years ago after both having children with previous partners.

Praise be to Colin, always first to clarify things for us.

Allegedly.

I do hope Colin isn't involved in any way. Unlikely I guess, he'd have slipped up by now.

Hugs to you Adrianna. I think there are quite a few of us here tonight who are feeling exactly the same as you.

Thankyou I know there is more good people than bad ones in this world really ....you just proved another good one *S*

Yep, 28 years ago was 1987.

Mr Spedding was taken to Port Macquarie police station, where he remained into the early evening being questioned over child sexual abuse allegations dating back to 1987.

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2015/04/22/spedding-arrested-on-child-abuse-claims.html

1987 and "5 times" are very specific aren't they. You wouldn't think a child would remember that. My kids are a similar age and don't yet have the concept of time sussed out. Perhaps there was a particular time frame, like a holiday/vacation or some other occasion when this happened.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s-home-by-police/story-e6frg6n6-1227315251532

Two teams of detectives arrived, including Jubelin and detectives from Strikeforce Rosann, to arrest Spedding (but it's not related to the Tyrrell investigation - Pfft!)

Those newly released photos of William are breaking my heart. Such a happy, loving little boy and you can tell he was cherished by his parents. His mother said in the interview that she would make photo books of the kids. She is a great photographer by the looks of it and you can see the love in William's eyes.

Family services were investigating in December. (I think I read it here)
BS was arrested today for alleged historical abuse of 2 children. The situation is that they are a blended family, (both with children) the abuse was 1987. The S family have custody and care of the grandchildren.

Surely there are more victims, I can't imagine a paedophile abusing 2 young girls 28 years agi then magically going straight and stopping all activity of that type :/

Ah ok. Damn that's quite annoying.

Let me just say though, I have every confidence in the LE involved in this particular case. They seem to be very thoughtful and down to earth, from what I see of them.

My comment was related to experiences with less serious offences. I would hope that with the more serious offences, the police heading the investigation would know exactly what they were doing. And hopefully be in contact with the DPP for guidance on what and what is not admissible.

this photo takes on another level now.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 196
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors