Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family services were investigating in December. (I think I read it here)
BS was arrested today for alleged historical abuse of 2 children. The situation is that they are a blended family, (both with children) the abuse was 1987. The S family have custody and care of the grandchildren.

Yes I am aware of that thanks. I wonder whether the FACS investigation was in regards to the girls or something separate?

So this is the only mention of it? It wasn't confirmed to be a spiderman shirt?

I think that's the only source, it wasn't confirmed to be a spiderman shirt, but for me anyway, given how LE has said almost everything in the search has been unrelated (when it could easily be related), and the foster mum being so specific about what William was wearing apart from the costume, it tickles my curious bone. But that's just me. The plumber visit was apparently months ago and if the shirt find was significant, surely he would have been arrested immediately

Huh? One reason I tried to be welcoming to our new member Karo a little is because you kept pushing him away.

Here is an example of you talking about BS as if he is "certain" to be guilty:

I was very careful to say anti-pedo attitudes are understandable.

But until he is convicted it doesn't help anyone to sentence him via websleuths.

Karo suggested police sometimes arrest people with questionable chance of conviction. I hope that isn't true for case, but we have to wait and see what the police have actually got.

I think you have the wrong member. I am not new, nor did I say anything like that. :)

Slightly off topic but how is paedophile pronounced in Australia? Much has been said about "Speddo" sounding wrong, and I know in the US they pronounce it "peddophile" whereas in UK its "peedophile". Just wondering.

Slightly off topic but how is paedophile pronounced in Australia? Much has been said about "Speddo" sounding wrong, and I know in the US they pronounce it "peddophile" whereas in UK its "peedophile". Just wondering.

I hate the word so I don't say it often out loud!

But I mostly hear the US version down south.

I think Australians often say "pedo" ... which is pronounced "peddo" rather than "peedo"!

I'm not sure how it's offically pronounced here but I've heard people pronounce it both of those ways.

True. Too bad the shirt size wasn't specified...like If it were a toddler's Spiderman shirt.

Agreed. It would only interest the plumber/police you would think if it was a spiderman shirt.

With the charges against BS today you can sort of understand why he was perhaps reluctant/hesitant to talk to the police/media even if he had nothing to do with the WT case.

I do not subscribe to the theory that BS is being 'set up'. Police and DOCS (or whatever they are called now) only respond to factual evidence. If these services were acting on every allegation - without proof - good lawd, what a train wreck our society would be.

My heart aches for William and the snippets we have been drip fed from the media. The insinuations about pedophilia are devastating for all reasonable, compassionate human beings. Unfortunately I don't think the little fella is still on this earth :( But, this is just my opinion and we should stick to the facts (not the emotional investment).

Why would someone call a plumber to repair their pipe and lead them straight to evidence of an abduction? Either BS is a victim of circumstance and very biased media coverage or he is completely deluded he will get away with a brazen act. I'm often wrong but I think he is innocent. Jubelin's visit may well have been to see how BS is holding up, weird I know, however the investigators may be feeling some duty of care to him while his reputation is being destroyed...? This case is a real cluster *advertiser censored**. I'd love for discussion to be able to explore the areas that are off limits in this forum.

You would think BS being an electrician/repair man/handyman would have probably tried/been able to fix a blocked pipe also.

It is likely he also personally knew the plumber given they are in related industries and it is a small town/region. So perhaps it was someone doing BS a favour since BS didn't have then necessary tools (plumbers snake etc) to fix the blockage...

I presume BS's friend C is not a plumber also?

We normally say ped-o but it's like anything really.... I was watching a video on YouTube the other day and the guy was an Aussie but he pronounced aluminium as a-loom-knee-um instead of al-you-min-ie-um like I would (and my family/friends do) - slightly off topic but I guess I was just trying to get the point across that one Aussie won't always pronounce things the same as the next Aussie :)

Can you guys stop squabbling please? It's hard enough trying to catch up with fast moving threads as it is!

Peace out.

You would think BS being an electrician/repair man/handyman would have probably tried/been able to fix a blocked pipe also.

It is likely he also personally knew the plumber given they are in related industries and it is a small town/region. So perhaps it was someone doing BS a favour since BS didn't have then necessary tools (plumbers snake etc) to fix the blockage...

I presume BS's friend C is not a plumber also?

I wonder how likely it would be that MS called the plumber

I'm using my cranky mummy voice. Stop squabbling! I don't care who started it ;)

I can see both sides here. I also like and value the opinions of everyone and I don't want the thread to be closed.

I know, I know. I'm not the boss. I just like you all and want our thread to be happy.

Just on Ch9 TV .... Spedding expected to be remanded in custody before appearing in court tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marcia.C108