Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - # 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the weeks after police raided his Bonny Hills home searching for clues on the toddler’s disappearance, Mr Spedding, 63, told of a conversation he had with William’s grandmother at her home when he inspected the machine.....
Mr Spedding has claimed to relatives and police he was never due to visit Kendall on the day three-year-old William vanished, September 12, 2014, and was simply calling to say the part needed to repair the washing machine had arrived.

It was earlier believed Mr Spedding, named as a “person of interest”, was due to repair the washing machine on the Friday but did not show up *because he couldn’t get through on the phone...........

He told relatives he never planned, nor was booked, to be in Kendall on the day William vanished without trace.

He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game.

Rodney Spedding says his father was due to go to William’s grandmother’s house on the day William disappeared, to fix her washing machine, but “he went to an award ceremony at the school, where one of the boys was getting an award, so he ended up going there rather than going out on that day to William’s grandmother’s”. He says his father told him that he phoned the grandmother to say he would not be coming to fix the washing machine.

And we all know what Col had to say.

It is understood Mr Spedding performed a separate repair job at a home in Dunbogan, roughly 14km from Kendall, about 2pm on the Friday William vanished.

Really does make you wonder why so much emphasis was placed on the surprise visit - early on.
Because we now know at least one person knew of the intended visit.
Statements obviously not adding up.
Seems that Dunbogan repair confirmed for 2 pm.... a big blot as far as alibi for BS between 10:00am and 2pm at this point.

No one other than MS has come forward and said I saw, I was with BS between these hours.

IMO

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...-william-tyrrell/story-fni0cx12-1227314208802
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...sh-into-thin-air/story-e6frg6z6-1227308929078

If grandma has indicated that BS was due to return and fix the washing machine on Friday.
Then I know who I would believe.

^^ that just proves to me that he went over there that day .. this part >

"He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game."

IMO he couldn't get through to her on the phone, but went over there with the part anyway, so as not to be stuck doing the repair over the weekend, knowing that she had her grandchildren up and would need the washing machine working.

I think in that sense it was unplanned, and he went over there unannounced, which meant that when he ran into William on his own out the front he could leave with him and deny he had ever been there, except for those pesky phone pings .. ALSO interesting that his wife needed to see a psychic to make sure Bill wasn't involved in William's disappearance .. weren't they meant to be having coffee at the exact time he went missing, or did she KNOW he'd driven over to Kendall that morning?

"He said he was “relieved” when he could not reach William’s grandmother by phone because he didn’t want to perform the repair over the weekend and wanted to take his children to their football game."

IMO he couldn't get through to her on the phone, but went over there with the part anyway, so as not to be stuck doing the repair over the weekend, knowing that she had her grandchildren up and would need the washing machine working.

Yes - he was relieved because he did not want to go at the weekend.
Why ring at all then?
I have dealt with a repairman or two that just don't turn up .... until you chase them up.

I think in that sense it was unplanned, and he went over there unannounced, which meant that when he ran into William on his own out the front he could leave with him and deny he had ever been there, except for those pesky phone pings .. ALSO interesting that his wife needed to see a psychic to make sure Bill wasn't involved in William's disappearance .. weren't they meant to be having coffee at the exact time he went missing, or did she KNOW he'd driven over to Kendall that morning?

Exactly right. If he has been involved with William’s disappearance, I want to know how a moron could be involved without getting caught. What a goose

Exactly right. If he has been involved with William’s disappearance, I want to know how such a moron could be involved without getting caught. What a goose

I have also pondered if he went over there and made the call after - in an attempt to cover his ar*e.

Oh yes!! He may well have, like a dummy call once the deed was done to pretend he was on his way.

Oh yes!! He may well have, like a dummy call once the deed was done to pretend he was on his way.

Thinking no doubt that this was a brilliant strategy, and not realising that detectives have seen this kind of move dozens of times before. It would be one of the first things they would ping to. Criminals always think they're two steps ahead of the cops, most times they're following a well-worn path of predictability.

My sons library book today is "Old Bill's Bed"

I hope old bill's bed is an old steel mesh one

He said he was "relieved" when he could not reach William's grandmother.

But Colin said .....

William's mother told Mr Spedding in a phone call on the afternoon of September 12 that he would not be able to come around that day.

If he did indeed call in the afternoon Why?
He was already relieved he had not got through to grandma and was able to take the children to football at the weekend.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...f-toddler-william-tyrell-20150123-12wpef.html

He said he was "relieved" when he could not reach William's grandmother.

But Colin said .....

William's mother told Mr Spedding in a phone call on the afternoon of September 12 that he would not be able to come around that day.

If he did indeed call in the afternoon Why?
He was already relieved he had not got through to grandma and was able to take the children to football at the weekend.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/william-s...f-toddler-william-tyrell-20150123-12wpef.html

Ahh you've got to love Col

BBM. That's exactly what I thought when I read that he was "relieved" he couldn't get through on the phone. All the talk about taking the kids to sport on the weekend made me think that he was keen to get the repair done on Friday.

Why, if you were due to repair the machine on Friday, would you be relieved that you couldn't get there on Friday?

Why, if you could get there on Friday, would you have to work on the weekend? Was he planning to take the machine back to his house on Friday to install the spare part over the weekend? Couldn't he fit that around taking the kids to sports?

IMO he tried to call grandma in the morning. Couldn't get through. Drove to Kendall (only 10 minutes away) in the hope that grandma was actually home and he could get the repair done so that he didn't have to work on the weekend (maybe that part was the truth.)

BBM. That's exactly what I thought when I read that he was "relieved" he couldn't get through on the phone. All the talk about taking the kids to sport on the weekend made me think that he was keen to get the repair done on Friday.

Why, if you were due to repair the machine on Friday, would you be relieved that you couldn't get there on Friday?

Why, if you could get there on Friday, would you have to work on the weekend? Was he planning to take the machine back to his house on Friday to install the spare part over the weekend? Couldn't he fit that around taking the kids to sports?

IMO he tried to call grandma in the morning. Couldn't get through. Drove to Kendall (only 10 minutes away) in the hope that grandma was actually home and he could get the repair done so that he didn't have to work on the weekend (maybe that part was the truth.)

I guess I am thinking there were people in the house/on the porch during the morning. Well at least until they were outside and up the road looking for William.

Yes I know it is easy to miss a call. But with redial, caller ID.
If you wanted your machine repaired promptly wouldn't you phone back.
IMO

My thoughts on the emphasis put on the "SURPRISE" visit, only to find that BS was in on the surprise...

I have always taken it to be police's way of saying "don't even question whether the biological family has anything to do with this - none of them even knew about this visit"... as in, nobody you would typically look at first in this sort of case knew about it.

JMO

Here's what I can't quite figure out... in the quote above it says WILLIAM'S MOTHER, not grandmother.. almost all articles before this have said the grandmother had all of the conversations with BS, not the mother..?

And on top of that, read it again carefully... William's mother TOLD MR SPEDDING HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COME.

It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because of the award ceremony. It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because he wants to keep the entire weekend free for his childrens' sporting event, it isn't even william's grandmother speaking as we've been told all along... it is William's MOTHER ... and she is telling BS... DON"T COME OVER TODAY.

Why is that? Did she have some reason to think he shouldn't be around her children? No love lost between them for some reason?

Did they know one another?

Or do I need more coffee? Totally possible. On the first cup.

ETA: Has law enforcement ever confirmed who initiated the phone call, or has anyone else? BS says he tried to call but didn't get through. Everyone else seems to be saying either the mother or grandmother spoke to him on the phone and said not to come, though, right? Surely police know whether the conversation was just a ringing, unanswered attempt or an actual conversation of any length, as well as who initiated it... so.. do WE know?

I have another question.. just to be sure I'm understanding the family dynamics correctly here..

can someone please tell me if I have this correct?

William's grandmother and mother are actually his foster mother and foster grandmother. I have no clue what their surname even is (has it ever been reported or has it always just been "william's grandmother" in media? I don't care who they are, I just wonder if there's something easier to refer to them as instead of "williams foster grandmother" etc)

AND

Bill and Margaret Spedding are also foster parents.

Is that right?

How long have the two families known one another? Do they both post in the same online foster parent group, did they both take the same foster family education class years ago (like maybe 28 of them, randomly throwing a number out there), what other foster parents of senior age have ever had unsubstantiated claims of child abuse levied against them that might have coincidentally taken a similar class or other wise found the foster parents in the same place at the same time? Anything? Anyone? Could the foster system inadvertently be, in small part, the pedo system due to BS et al taking advantage of children who are already of questionable emotional health? (just saying could multiple foster couples be fostering to get their hands on children for this purpose, not saying the gov't actually knows about it).. pure speculation..

No idea how it works there. Here in the US being a foster parent isnt' anything to be ashamed of or lie about or hide or "gag order" or whatever so I'm not sure if they keep everything all hushhush there or if that only starts once they place a specific child in your care. But maybe ther ARE no foster parenting classes there because it's all so cloak-and-dagger there. *shrug*

I have another question.. just to be sure I'm understanding the family dynamics correctly here..

can someone please tell me if I have this correct?

William's grandmother and mother are actually his foster mother and foster grandmother. I have no clue what their surname even is (has it ever been reported or has it always just been "william's grandmother" in media? I don't care who they are, I just wonder if there's something easier to refer to them as instead of "williams foster grandmother" etc)

AND

Bill and Margaret Spedding are also foster parents.

Is that right?

How long have the two families known one another?

No, the Speddings are not really foster parents, in the same way as Williams parents were,imo.

The Speddings were caring for Margarets bio grandsons. So technically I suppose it could be termed 'fostering' them. But she is their biological grandmother.

Here's what I can't quite figure out... in the quote above it says WILLIAM'S MOTHER, not grandmother.. almost all articles before this have said the grandmother had all of the conversations with BS, not the mother..?

And on top of that, read it again carefully... William's mother TOLD MR SPEDDING HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COME.

It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because of the award ceremony. It wasn't Mr. Spedding saying he can't come because he wants to keep the entire weekend free for his childrens' sporting event, it isn't even william's grandmother speaking as we've been told all along... it is William's MOTHER ... and she is telling BS... DON"T COME OVER TODAY.

Why is that? Did she have some reason to think he shouldn't be around her children? No love lost between them for some reason?

Did they know one another?

Or do I need more coffee? Totally possible. On the first cup.

ETA: Has law enforcement ever confirmed who initiated the phone call, or has anyone else? BS says he tried to call but didn't get through. Everyone else seems to be saying either the mother or grandmother spoke to him on the phone and said not to come, though, right? Surely police know whether the conversation was just a ringing, unanswered attempt or an actual conversation of any length, as well as who initiated it... so.. do WE know?

William was missing that morning. The phone call was the afternoon.

William's mother told Mr Spedding in a phone call on the afternoon of September 12 that he would not be able to come around that day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni