Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
William Tyrrell: ‘One million reasons’ to come forward over toddler’s abduction
7:29pm September 12, 2016

http%3a%2f%2fprod.static9.net.au%2f_%2fmedia%2fimages%2f2015%2fapril%2f17%2f1604_william_tyrrell_1.ashx%3fw%3d603

A $1 million reward, the largest in New South Wales history, has been announced for information that leads to the arrest of the person who abducted missing toddler William Tyrrell, or for the boy’s safe return or recovery.

William, then aged three, went missing from the backyard of his grandmother’s home in Kendall, on the state's mid-north coast, on September 12, 2014.

[...]

"You’re in a much better position if you come to us than if we come to you."

Det. Insp. Jubelin also said the investigation was "a long way" from going to a coronial inquest, and that police did not believe William's family were involved.

PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT IS WRITTEN BELOW. YOU MUST FOLLOW WHAT IS OUTLINED OR YOU WILL BE TIMED OUT OR BANNED!!!!

Thanks to DrSleuth for your help in writing up the information needed for the discussion.

Here is what we can and cannot discuss.

No identifying the biological family, the foster family or any associates ( ie siblings, etc ) or their addresses, places of employment or childcare, etc

They can be identified as bio mother etc & female foster carer etc

At the inquest, they are known as biological mother & father. Foster family are known as FFC ( female foster carer ) MFC ( male foster carer ) FFGM ( female foster grandmother ) etc
REMEMBER THE ABOVE PEOPLE
CANNOT BE IDENTIFIED USING THEIR INITIALS.

Prior to the coronial inquest, the bio families could be identified, but it was overturned by the coroner for the inquest.

I am very sorry it took me so long to open this thread back up. Please keep in mind we are short handed so if this thread starts to get out of control with alerts we will have to close it again.
Please do not hesitate to alert but make sure the alert is truly needed. We have experienced a lot of tit for tat alerts and that makes me foam at the mouth, grow hair on my hands and my teeth turn into fangs. In other words please be sure when you post you are posting within our terms of service.

Thank you,
Tricia

Rules Etiquette & Information

William Tyrrell MEDIA/MAPS/TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION*

Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43
Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59 Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63 Thread #64 Thread #65 (Thread #66 pulled for review) Thread #67 Thread #68 Thread #69 Thread #70 Thread #71 Thread #72 Thread #73 Thread #74 Thread #75 Thread #76

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This case has its very own set of very unique circumstances that we are having to work around and we know it is difficult for our members.

Of course we have William's case, but we also have the complicating factors of the foster situation, a living minor child, a coronial inquest that prevents publication of names, an AVO not known 100% to be immediately connected to William's case.

Taking all the above into consideration, we can not allow sleuthing of individuals who have not been publicly named.

Discussing what is in MSM is fine, but actual sleuthing of unnamed persons and posting about their background, their personal information or social media is not allowed.

Thanks to everyone here for trying to post accordingly through all this murkiness.

ADMIN NOTE:

IMPORTANT

PLEASE READ AND 'LIKE' THIS POST SO WE KNOW YOU HAVE READ IT.

Thread #66 remains pulled due to a recent influx of trolls. We may be able to get it reinstated in a couple of weeks.

Those individuals that we have been able to identify have been banned. There may be others who registered earlier and are waiting in the wings.

This new thread is for discussion only by our long term, veteran Websleuths members who have a sincere dedication to William's case.

As a result of this recent troll invasion we are not allowing new members to join in this discussion.

We are requesting that our trusted members Report posts by new members who join Websleuths after today (December 23, 2021) to participate in William's thread. We will review the matter and deal with it accordingly.

Those whose goal is to incite conflict are not welcome at Websleuths.

Thank you to all our members who have been able to participate respectfully and responsibly in this discussion. We truly appreciate you.

Sillybilly
WS Administrator

Also, as there is no approved source regarding a statement to the Director of Young Hope, that is considered rumor at Websleuths. Posts and responses related to it have been removed or modsnipped.

Please don't bring it back into this discussion unless there is an approved source to substantiate such information.

Hey everyone,

The Spedding award by the court is of interest, but discussion of the actual historical charges have nothing to do with William's case.

Please move past that discussion.

Thanks.

ETA: Changed "settlement" to "award by the court".

Is there information possibly out there / in there?? MOO

"WILLIAM, WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP! Today, as we mark 9 heartbreaking years since the tragic day this precious little boy was taken from all those he loved and who love him; please light a candle for William and join us in maintaining hope that the person who knows what happened to him finds the courage to come forward and tell police what they know. NSW Police continue to offer a ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward for information that will lead them to William. If you are the someone who knows something, please call Crime Stoppers NOW on 1800 333 000 and help bring William home."

Last edited:
What do we think is the purpose of the hearing in December? I have been thinking that I haven't seen much if anything from MFC's barrister. Perhaps in December there will be a focus on the charges against him.
FF’s barrister was at last weeks hearing every day, and interjecting, but the media didn’t focus much on it …. (He is mentioned in multiple articles, but the media seemed to focus on Stratton)
It did appear that they ran out of time last week.

The following was published regarding December,

The magistrate ordered written submissions from the parties before returning to court in December with plans to deliver a judgment in February.

To me, it appears that the December date is for closing arguments and submissions….
IMO

FF is due to appear for the NSWCC Lying Charges in November.

New hearing dates of November 6 and 7 were confirmed, with the matter to be mentioned briefly in September.

It will be interesting to see if these proposed dates are changed yet again???
IMO

I wish a journalist would publish an Article setting out all of the assault/intimidation/stalking/teacher reporting/removal consecutively in date order of occurrence.
Agree totally!! It is so frustrating having to search multiple articles for snippets of information!!!!!

I also wish the media would ask the Police for a statement today, marking nine years, even if Police decline, at least ask the question and report it!

IMO

I thought for a long time, that stalking and intimidation of L happened (also?) after L was taken away from the FP. Now it seems, all had only happened, when little L was still a foster child living in the FP-household. I am confused by it. o_O
i remember that too, we discussed it here and whether they were outside her school etc waiting to see her or intimidating her, not sure if that was reported in msm or just assumed here? cant find any msm articles but feel sure there were at the time?

Is there a way we could collate here?
A timeline of sorts could be created … but it is very difficult in the thread, as it gets lost, in between other posts …..

It would take a fair bit of work to sort all of the info from last week, and not sure how many would want to participate ???

Then all of that info needs to be collated …. With references / corresponding articles …

Is there information possibly out there / in there?? MOO

"WILLIAM, WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP! Today, as we mark 9 heartbreaking years since the tragic day this precious little boy was taken from all those he loved and who love him; please light a candle for William and join us in maintaining hope that the person who knows what happened to him finds the courage to come forward and tell police what they know. NSW Police continue to offer a ONE MILLION DOLLAR reward for information that will lead them to William. If you are the someone who knows something, please call Crime Stoppers NOW on 1800 333 000 and help bring William home."
In my opinion this has been released as a diversion to reinstate the FP position amongst the recent negative press that has been occurring. MOO

What do we think is the purpose of the hearing in December? I have been thinking that I haven't seen much if anything from MFC's barrister. Perhaps in December there will be a focus on the charges against him.

Maybe the defense case? I'm not sure they have presented their case yet?

It is scheduled to end on Friday, with the defence yet to present their case.

Maybe the defense case? I'm not sure they have presented their case yet?

It is scheduled to end on Friday, with the defence yet to present their case.
Didn‘t the defence call 5 Witnesses on Friday ?

As follows, in no particular order….
(There may have been more?? )

• Megan Payne, a NSW Department of Communities and Justice official
  • Emma Ballard had counselling sessions
  • Child abuse unit detective Matthew Davis
  • Adam McMahon, a foster care support worker with the Department of Communities and Justice
  • Support Person - A woman who met the child around that time was also with the youth for support when they were interviewed by police in December 2022.

Tears as child taken from Tyrrell foster mum's care

Didn‘t the defence call 5 Witnesses on Friday ?

As follows, in no particular order….
(There may have been more?? )

• Megan Payne, a NSW Department of Communities and Justice official
  • Emma Ballard had counselling sessions
  • Child abuse unit detective Matthew Davis
  • Adam McMahon, a foster care support worker with the Department of Communities and Justice
  • Support Person - A woman who met the child around that time was also with the youth for support when they were interviewed by police in December 2022.

Tears as child taken from Tyrrell foster mum's care

The SMH article you linked said that on Friday the prosecutor closed their case following a 5-day hearing.
It also says "earlier on Friday" the witness was called.

The 9News article you linked is from Thursday and recounts witnesses from that day.

It doesn't seem that Stratton has called any of the witnesses or presented his case. Maybe he has, but I haven't noticed that stated in any of the articles.
He has rebutted witnesses. And asked for the charges to be dismissed. Normal defence lawyery things.

I don't believe that he has to present a defence, if they have chosen not to.

Is Stratton FD's lawyer as well? ETA: Scrap that. I see his lawyer is barrister Phillip English.

Last edited:
The SMH article you linked said that on Friday the prosecutor closed their case following a 5-day hearing.
It also says "earlier on Friday" the witness was called.

The 9News article you linked is from Thursday and recounts witnesses from that day.

It doesn't seem that Stratton has called any of the witnesses or presented his case. Maybe he has, but I haven't noticed that stated in any of the articles.
He has rebutted witnesses. And asked for the charges to be dismissed. Normal defence lawyery things.

I don't believe that he has to present a defence, if they have chosen not to.

Is Stratton FD's lawyer as well? ETA: Scrap that. I see his lawyer is barrister Phillip English.
There was an earlier article to say the prosecution had finished earlier than Friday afternoon, that I am trying to find… and I should have added IMO to my original post …(apologies for that)

For the prosecution to be cross- examining the witness, the witness must have been called by the defence ….IMO

One example:
During cross-examination by the prosecution, the support worker recounted what LT had told her in December 2022 during a break in a police interview with the girl.

I have also noted that the hearing has been adjourned until 4 December

I also don’t believe the prosecution would have been calling people to give glowing character references, like that of Adam McMahon, a foster care support worker with the Department of Communities and Justice.
But that is my opinion only.

There was an earlier article to say the prosecution had finished earlier than Friday afternoon, that I am trying to find… and I should have added IMO to my original post …(apologies for that)

For the prosecution to be cross- examining the witness, the witness must have been called by the defence ….IMO

One example:
During cross-examination by the prosecution, the support worker recounted what LT had told her in December 2022 during a break in a police interview with the girl.

I have also noted that the hearing has been adjourned until 4 December

That makes sense, when they state that the hearing has been adjourned till 4/12. Presumably, the defence hasn't closed their case. Thanks.

I wonder if Phillip English will present FD's case separately.
I don't think I have followed a case where two barristers are appearing for separate defendants at the same trial (in Australia).

Last edited:
That makes sense, when they state that the hearing has been adjourned till 4/12. Presumably, the defence hasn't closed their case. Thanks.

I wonder if Phillip English will present his case separately.
Agree, I don’t think the defence has closed yet either …

I would assume that Philip English will present his case separately, as both he and Stratton appeared to interject during the week ….

For what I assume it cost to have 2 barristers for a week long hearing, I would certainly expect him to present his case separately…. But JMO

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members