Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are very few children (if any) who would grasp the psychological consequences when they are angry and acting out. Space and a little time (a TO) can calm everyone down from being frazzled, THEN you might want to try to explain the psychological consequences to a child.

Maybe the laws are slightly different, but a parent has to have a way of showing a child that their behaviour is unacceptable and they need to stop and think about it. TOs are effective most of the time. In a typical household. The child may sulk for a little while for being placed in a TO but they are usually happier people when they have been alone in their calm (bedroom) environment for a little while.

Sometimes all you have to say is "would you like a TO?" and they will stop. Depends on the child, I think.

imo
It seems to me that a sit-there-and-don't-move punishment is painful and agitating, and very different from being sent to one's room, unless the room has been designed to be uncomfortable (hot, cold, or stuffy for example).

this precious little girl and her brother were taken as babies from their family, giving this childless older couple the longed for gift of an instant family, why werent they cherished and given the best life they were promised?
so in this "better" life, one is lost, presumed dead and the other humiliated, belittled, bullied, kicked, screamed at, stalked, threatened etc, no empathy or kindness for her, possibly still grieving and processing the loss of her brother
in my opinion william was also treated as badly, maybe worse, its not a behaviour you can just suddenly turn on,
its always been there,
why didnt they just give the children back ?

Personally , I think the Department should take some responsibility for this abhorrent mess, they should have known what was going on in that house! And they should be publicly admonished for it too!! Where is their “duty of care“ to the child????

Wonder if Magistrate McIntyre will make any comments about that in March??

There are no winners in this case, there have been systemic failures by all parties involved, and they have all failed the child ….

IMO

Personally , I think the Department should take some responsibility for this abhorrent mess, they should have known what was going on in that house! And they should be publicly admonished for it too!! Where is their “duty of care“ to the child????

Wonder if Magistrate McIntyre will make any comments about that in March??

There are no winners in this case, there have been systemic failures by all parties involved, and they have all failed the child ….

IMO

I guess if the police had bothered to tell them they might have known about it, but they didn't.
And the child didn't mention it in her counselling sessions.

imo

I guess if the police had bothered to tell them they might have known about it, but they didn't.
And the child didn't mention it in her counselling sessions.

imo
The child should have had a “case worker” allocated to her, that should have been making regular visits to see her, and discuss any issues etc… at least 3 monthly, and more regularly if there were things concerning her … A long term case worker that she would have built a rapport with …

One could even argue a point, that more regular visits were required, especially with an additional child in the house … and a separate case worker assigned for checking on the foster parents issues and concerns …

Sadly the child has also been used as a pawn by the NSW Police, for their own purposes ….

It would not surprise me in the least, if the case worker visits had dropped off, with the child being in a long term care arrangement …. It’s not supposed to happen, but it does….

All IMO

It would not surprise me in the least, if the case worker visits had dropped off, with the child being in a long term care arrangement …. It’s not supposed to happen, but it does….

All IMO

It wouldn't surprise me. The case workers are over worked.

The police had the biggest external duty of care in this particular situation. And they failed.

imo

Child Protection workers in Community Services within DCJ provide invaluable expert care to the vulnerable children and families of NSW. But they are seriously overworked and under-resourced, which is diminishing the quality and quantity of care they can provided.

Last edited:
The child should have had a “case worker” allocated to her, that should have been making regular visits to see her, and discuss any issues etc… at least 3 monthly, and more regularly if there were things concerning her … A long term case worker that she would have built a rapport with …

One could even argue a point, that more regular visits were required, especially with an additional child in the house … and a separate case worker assigned for checking on the foster parents issues and concerns …

Sadly the child has also been used as a pawn by the NSW Police, for their own purposes ….

All IMO
thank goodness for the police surveillance though, maybe if theyd pulled her out immediately they wouldnt have learnt the severity and extent, and she may have been sent back to them, imo this abuse has been going on for years,
at least shes hopefully safe now, poor little girl

this precious little girl and her brother were taken as babies from their family, giving this childless older couple the longed for gift of an instant family, why werent they cherished and given the best life they were promised?
so in this "better" life, one is lost, presumed dead and the other humiliated, belittled, bullied, kicked, screamed at, stalked, threatened etc, no empathy or kindness for her, possibly still grieving and processing the loss of her brother
in my opinion william was also treated as badly, maybe worse, its not a behaviour you can just suddenly turn on,
its always been there,
why didnt they just give the children back ?
Imo because their pride was more important

thank goodness for the police surveillance though, maybe if theyd pulled her out immediately they wouldnt have learnt the severity and extent, and she may have been sent back to them, imo this abuse has been going on for years,
The abuse was apparently first caught on the surveillance tapes in November 2020, but it I guess it could have been taking place prior to that:

Harrowing moment William Tyrrell foster mother hits girl, 11
“William Tyrrell's foster mother has broken down in court during the playing of a recording of the moment she whacked an 11-year-old girl with a wooden spoon.”
"The recordings being played date from November 2020 and January 2021."
.... I calculate that the young girl would have been 10 when the surveillance tapes caught the FF's verbal abuse of her.
MOO

The officer-in-charge since 2020, Detective Sergeant Andrew Lonergan, told Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court it was one of multiple theories in the toddler's disappearance.

"We simply don't know what happened to him that day," he said on Monday.
Link

All of the police pressure, all of the police publicity ... yes, poor little girl. When there is no evidence of what happened to William.

imo

The officer-in-charge since 2020, Detective Sergeant Andrew Lonergan, told Sydney's Downing Centre Local Court it was one of multiple theories in the toddler's disappearance.

"We simply don't know what happened to him that day," he said on Monday.
Link

All of the police pressure, all of the police publicity ... yes, poor little girl. When there is no evidence of what happened to William.

imo
JMO - If the FM has told the truth about their events and timeline of what occurred on that morning, and an abduction of William is her/the only explanation for what occurred ... then SOMEONE knows what happened to him that day.

The $1Million reward did not succeed in finding William's body, but it is still available to entice pertinent information on that 'Someone'.
MOO and forever hoping .....

Imo the reason no one was enticed by the million dollars is because only one person knows what happened that fateful day. Imo now more than ever I think it was an accident covered up by the ffm. My mind changed once I heard how she treated the child in her care. There’s no excuse how demeaning and cruel she could be. Imo she had had enough and something tragic happened. We will probably never know the truth. That’s the sad part. William deserves justice. But I’m okay with whoever did it being judged at the pearly gates when they die. One way or another they’ll be punished and William will get justice. Imo Moo

Imo the reason no one was enticed by the million dollars is because only one person knows what happened that fateful day.

I agree with this part of your post.
A one person crime. (If William didn't lose himself and is still laying out there somewhere.)

People like FA (for example) never admit what they have done. Are wily and evade murder convictions.
The deathbed confession is the closest thing they have as an admission in this crime from anybody.

imo

How old was this little girl ... 10 or 11?

JMO - It appears that she was being treated with a number of their methods ... kicking, wooden spoon hitting, time-out, threatening to be thrown around the room, verbal abuse ... to name some that I can recall.
Tit for tat withholding of meeting the child's needs such as washing clothes when she wouldn't comply with chores, taking belongings out of room which seemed to cause immense distress... withholding comfort....

The mfc's rant about "every day, Over this family..." seems to be around the time of the sale of the house and in one article it mentioned that the child was regularly struggling with how a door locked or something, so major transition just prior and after moving, a few weeks either side and I wonder, even if she might not have remembered her brother, having feelings about leaving a space which she had shared with him and knew she wasn't going back.Moo

A few things stood out to me:

1) FM told FF that “William was here 5 minutes ago”. We know this is a lie because she had already been searching for him and taken the hidden drive and also admitted he could have been gone for 15 or more minutes before she even realised he was missing. He must have been gone for at least 30 minutes if her story was true but she tells husband 5 minutes.

2) FF tells Police he immediately started searching and spent 90 minutes searching one particular area. This seems to be a lie because 4 minutes after the 000 call a Policeman arrived and FF was inside the house.

We can’t blame the media - these are direct words from FF and FM mouth that don’t make sense or fit into the supposed timeline.

did anything stand out to you?
it was the first time i watched it properly and it just felt like a big lie with all the over explaining and story telling like fm does, someone on here once described how she talks as a big "word salad" which is a great description,
i didnt like his smart alecy attitude with the police, he didnt seem frantic just matter of fact like hed lost his rolex in the grass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18