Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #77

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you please provide a recent link for that

Maybe you could provide a link that says they assaulted and intimidated young children?

It might be better to prove your claim than to ask someone else to prove a claim that is well known by all ... that it was one child, two years ago. (Not minimising, just stating a fact)

I do not think anyone has enough evidence to say who is guilty (if anyone) in William's disappearance.

The bad FP behaviour after 7 years of grief and worry does not mean those behaviours were happening at the time that William disappeared.

There are also other POIs who have not been ruled out. And William could have lost himself in the forest and has never been found.

I think the Coroner will find an open verdict, should the inquest resume as planned.
Their behaviour though after 7 years should have been enough for them to seek alternative arrangements. As adults, they were also able to put an end to their behaviour…they were completely able to recognise that they were not providing a satisfactory environment for that child and did not seek to prevent further assaults themselves. IMO

Their behaviour though after 7 years should have been enough for them to seek alternative arrangements. As adults, they were also able to put an end to their behaviour…they were completely able to recognise that they were not providing a satisfactory environment for that child and did not seek to prevent further assaults themselves. IMO

And the police, as mandatory reporters, were able to put an end to their behaviour in January 2021 ... they were completely able to recognise that a satisfactory environment was not being provided.

Which, again, does not minimise the FP bad behaviour - but I find myself constantly going back in my mind to the police could have stopped this from happening any further. What kind of trust is this minor child going to have for the police in the future ... once she realises that they let it go on?

Not to ignore your point, yes a responsible and clear thinking adult would have realised that this situation was past the point of no return and let the relevant people know that they were not coping.
One of the adults had been diagnosed with PTSD, the other adult may have been taking some kind of prescription anxiety medication even prior to William's disappearance, the child was reportedly in some kind of counselling, and the police were listening in .... yet the situation continued.

And the police, as mandatory reporters, were able to put an end to their behaviour in January 2021 ... they were completely able to recognise that a satisfactory environment was not being provided.

Which, again, does not minimise the FP bad behaviour - but I find myself constantly going back in my mind to the police could have stopped this from happening any further. What kind of trust is this minor child going to have for the police in the future ... once she realises that they let it go on?

Not to ignore your point, yes a responsible and clear thinking adult would have realised that this situation was past the point of no return and let the relevant people know that they were not coping.
One of the adults had been diagnosed with PTSD, the other adult may have been taking some kind of prescription anxiety medication even prior to William's disappearance, the child was reportedly in some kind of counselling, and the police were listening in .... yet the situation continued.
I completely agree with you that the police could have stepped in straight away and it’s not good enough that the child was subject to further mistreatment than she needed to endure.
It’s heartbreaking to think of her seeking a hug and being rejected after everything she has been through in such a short time... I just hope that these incidents were the exceptions and not the rule, although I’m unconvinced that the abuse only started when the listening devices were put in. Thinking back to the report that mentioned solitary time out (outside) for a two year old, who AFAIK is probably the same child we are discussing.
.. that doesn’t mean they killed William or his his body or abused him- that is still to be determined.
But as far as the other child is concerned, we have to recognise through evidence that their behaviour was abusive.

What are the stats of abuse in foster homes I wonder?

This is a genuine question, I’m not trying to be contrary. Is it at all possible that the police did notify FaCS about what they had heard on the recordings but FaCS were the ones to not act?

Would police risk their investigation by notifying FaCS that they were recording I wonder?

Maybe once FaCS realised the police were taking action and proceeding with charges, did they only then remove the child from SD and JS care. A bit of an eleventh hour mitigation?

I know they’re extremely understaffed and under budgeted but FaCS should be hanging their heads in shame over this case.

All MOO and personal wonderings as per usual

We posted a link earlier where it was stated (by the prosecutor, I believe) that once DCJ were notified by the police they removed the child.

Why do people think that some of us are appalled that the police let it go on?

I won't excuse police for doing that, although, if I had to come up with a possible reason why they didn't act quickly, it would be because maybe they thought that -- while in distress about her treatment -- the kid (who I am assuming was William's sister) might blurt out on the audio recordings something damning about William's disappearance.

Again, just a theory.

I think, LE had to continue for a while, because they wanted to find the person responsible for little W's disappearing (anyway the little brother of L). There was to accept a certain level of collateral damage. Of course, I am sorry for the little girl, who had to endure so very much in her early years!

The medical report seems to put mild glue ear as the cause and a surgical consult was scheduled for May 2014.

William has an identified mild hearing loss in his left ear. He was assessed by the audiologist as having mild glue ear, and has been referred to an ENT surgical consult at the end of May 2014. (link provided earlier)

Probably no point in trying to make something else the cause, when the cause has been identified by an audiologist.

William also had a high palate, which wasn't helping him to pronounce certain letters very well. (stated in the med report)Nobody is able to provide evidence, that little W

I agree that the trauma of domestic violence in the birth home, and William's consequential removal from the birth home and birth parents, could be a reason for his behavioural issues. Kids perceive their parents as normal, and their behaviours as normal, their parents are their whole world at a young age. They don't understand why they have been removed from people they love. imo
Nobody is/would be able to provide evidence, that little W as a very much loved baby was exposed to trauma about fighting parents. I didn't hear/read something. His father loved him soo much, that I thought, he nearly neglected his daughter L (in his feelings), he already had with the bio mother. Maybe, there was no fight between the parents during their hiding with little W.

I don't think there is one person on this thread who does not think it was abusive, is there?

Why do people think that some of us are appalled that the police let it go on?
I definitely get a sense that you are appalled by the events.

I think some are minimising or excusing the behaviour if I’m being honest.

It’s worth considering there is a chance that William may have endured similar circumstances.
Which is undetermined, but definitely possible judging by the evidence dating back to solitary exclusionary time out of a two year old in the care of his foster parents.

I definitely get a sense that you are appalled by the events.

I think some are minimising or excusing the behaviour if I’m being honest.

It’s worth considering there is a chance that William may have endured similar circumstances.
Which is undetermined, but definitely possible judging by the evidence dating back to solitary exclusionary time out of a two year old in the care of his foster parents.
i think theres a very big chance william endured the same treatment as his sister, maybe even more so as they found him "difficult" and the foster mother had wanted to give him up, if she was allegedly kicking and hitting his sister with a wooden spoon what was she doing to little william?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member