Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!

I think it's entirely possible the current investigation team took their time and started from first principles. Once they saw all the historical facts laid out on the table, with more modern information mixed in, they probably thought "feck, we may have stuffed up by warning off scrutiny of some suspects, allowing some of our investigators to get so cosy with them, protecting them, and spent a disproportionate amount of time following Tracy Grimshaw-style headlines ..... we need to be very slow and deliberate with our actions from here on .... Given the history we will need to unwind some potential incorrect narratives. We will pass our workings by the DPP and work with them closely to ensure we get this right - assuming we even can, maybe it's all too far gone.. "
what a complete fantasy! Police don’t follow the headlines to investigate a case.
Warning of scrutiny of some suspects? Scrutiny of who? The public? They should never invite scrutiny (yet here they are doing that and more with FM). Who was protected and how?

what a complete fantasy! Police don’t follow the headlines to investigate a case.
No but they certainly know how to inform the media hours before they arrest someone.

They definitely, absolutely, 100% invited scrutiny in the past - the biggest fantasy is denying that this does occur.

Let's give the current police force the respect they deserve, given they know the current information, and seem to be acting with a level and cautious hand.

No but they certainly know how to inform the media hours before they arrest someone.

They definitely, absolutely, 100% invited scrutiny in the past - the biggest fantasy is denying that this does occur.

Let's give the current police force the respect they deserve, given they know the current information, and seem to be acting with a level and cautious hand.
Personally I am glad that strike force Rosann has publicly announced their POI and the direction of the case to the public.
This happens all the time.

They are under zero obligation to their POI to get the show on the road....
Simply indulgent to think they owe suspects anything.

Once they put them charges on, the clock starts ticking...we all know that.
Right now, time is on Rosanns side and if that creates heat and pressure to suspects.

Bring...it....on.

Agreed!

I think it's entirely possible the current investigation team took their time and started from first principles. Once they saw all the historical facts laid out on the table, with more modern information mixed in, they probably thought "feck, we may have stuffed up by warning off scrutiny of some suspects, allowing some of our investigators to get so cosy with them, protecting them, and spent a disproportionate amount of time following Tracy Grimshaw-style headlines ..... we need to be very slow and deliberate with our actions from here on .... Given the history we will need to unwind some potential incorrect narratives. We will pass our workings by the DPP and work with them closely to ensure we get this right - assuming we even can, maybe it's all too far gone.. "
Butterstock, your summation of what could possibly have occurred in Rosann's latest investigations into William's disappearance (including them needing to adhere to what they may have been asked to do by the Coroner at the Inquest) displays logic.

The thoughts of Rosann (prior to Laidlaw taking over) were principally pursuing investigations along the lines of an abduction (which was also conscientiously put forward by the FM, FF in their Media interviews and via the Wheres William campaign/website.

I'd like to hear what the neighbours have been saying among themselves--are they as puzzled about the drive as we are?

It was interesting to read the 2-cents of former detective and criminologist:

Michael believes it’s possible someone close to the foster family could have prompted this latest twist in the case.
“[Perhaps] there’s been enormous family pressure and someone within the family who knows something has just got sick of it all and said, ‘This has to all come to an end.’”

Re the bits I have bolded, there is a $1 million reward up for grabs for any such person and, before we might think or say "no family member would claim it", bear in mind the case of Scott Phillip White where his ex-wife, after some 30 years, finally reported him to police as the likely suspect in the death of Scott Johnson when a $2 million reward was posted.

I didn’t disagree with any of that. They shouldn’t be putting POI out in the media with no evidence or charges, but they are. The current taskforce has done nothing to earn my respect, in fact they have achieved even less in Williams case than the taskforce under Jubelin. <modsnip - opinion stated as fact> I think we will find Laidlaw being replaced (or the taskforce disbanded) in the next few years. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Re the bits I have bolded, there is a $1 million reward up for grabs for any such person and, before we might think or say "no family member would claim it", bear in mind the case of Scott Phillip White where his ex-wife, after some 30 years, finally reported him to police as the likely suspect in the death of Scott Johnson when a $2 million reward was posted.

In this case, any potential reward seeker is going to need to know where William is, to be able to collect the reward.

"This is a unique reward, it does not require the charge and conviction of any person(s), it relates to the recovery of William Tyrrell."

Who is still actually on SFR? How many members?

As far as I can tell , they still have some of the same detectives from the start? Just a different lead detective.......

Sept 16th 2014

Strike Force Rossann was established to investigate the disappearance and is based at Port Macquarie. It comprises investigators from Mid North Coast and Manning Great Lakes local area commands as well as personnel from State Crime Command and Forensic Services Group.

Police resources included local police from Mid North Coast and Manning Great Lakes local area commands, Public Order and Riot Squad, Police Mounted Unit, Police Dog Unit, Aviation Support Unit, Trail and Bike Squad,

Within a few short hours, hundreds of local residents and emergency service workers combined to search the rural township, looking in forests, creeks and paddocks for the boy.

The speed and coordination of that local search allowed police to form the view very quickly that William had been kidnapped.

Strike Force Rosann is one of the largest investigations ever undertaken by the NSW Police Force, and involves a team of full time investigators and analysts. In addition, they regularly consult with the NSW Police Force’s Senior Forensic Psychologist.

They are assisted by hundreds of detectives from around the state, who were assigned more than 150 investigative packages.

The current taskforce has done nothing to earn my respect, in fact they have achieved even less in Williams case than the taskforce under Jubelin.
Well they've made less wrong arrests, that's for sure.

They have showed no professionalism whatsoever. Everything is “leaked” to the press, press conferences talking themselves up. I think we will find Laidlaw being replaced (or the taskforce disbanded) in the next few years. IMO
There is no evidence they leaked the Brief of Evidence approach to the press. If anything they seem disgruntled with the press noise.

Which is why the whole "put up or shut up" line from the Jubelin podcast subscribers is so weird. Shut up about something they did not even want known? Weird.

It is a sad situation for the FM to have experienced; I am guessing that this was just put forward by her Lawyer … in an effort to divert the Hearing relating to her allegedly assaulting the 10 year old foster child in her care.

William Tyrrell’s foster mother denied mental health application over alleged assault of young girl BBM:
“SD was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and PTSD, and some of her mental ill-health relates to the “difficult relationship she had with her mother and the loss of her mother in most recent years … in fairly difficult circumstances,” he said.”

It is a sad situation for the FM to have experienced; I am guessing that this was just put forward by her Lawyer … in an effort to divert the Hearing relating to her allegedly assaulting the 10 year old foster child in her care.

William Tyrrell’s foster mother denied mental health application over alleged assault of young girl BBM:
“SD was diagnosed with major depressive disorder and PTSD, and some of her mental ill-health relates to the “difficult relationship she had with her mother and the loss of her mother in most recent years … in fairly difficult circumstances,” he said.”
Well the problem is...you can't turn on and off the mental health card.

I would be pretty confident in assumption when they applied to be fosters recently for the new child (post williams disappearance) that FM had a fabulous family and mental health card when filling out the paperwork and qualifying interviews.

The truth always catches up with us.

Disturbing article. :-/

Last edited:
Solicitor Peter O’Brien has given his opinion in stating that the fact that the Police have not arrested or charged the FM is very telling, and he believes that the investigation remains ‘fundamentally flawed’.

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions
“The investigation from the outset was flawed”

While he has not explained it in any more detail, we can interpret that to mean that the investigation from the outset (which was flawed) remains as part of the Brief of Evidence that has been submitted to the DPP. MOO

Solicitor Peter O’Brien has given his opinion in stating that the fact that the Police have not arrested or charged the FM is very telling, and he believes that the investigation remains ‘fundamentally flawed’.

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions
“The investigation from the outset was flawed”

While he has not explained it in any more detail, we can interpret that to mean that the investigation from the outset (which was flawed) remains as part of the Brief of Evidence that has been submitted to the DPP. MOO

I think Peter O"Brien explains the flaws in more detail.

"The fact that police - who are the usual authority in the charging process - have not arrested or charged the foster mum in relation to Tyrrell's disappearance is very telling"

All the police could legitimately go after BS for was the unrelated alleged child sex offences.
All the police have legitimately gone after the FM for are the unrelated varied offences.

Peter O'Brien is drawing a parallel. imo

Last edited:
I think Peter O"Brien explains the flaws in more detail.

"The fact that police - who are the usual authority in the charging process - have not arrested or charged the foster mum in relation to Tyrrell's disappearance is very telling"

All the police could legitimately go after BS for was the unrelated alleged child sex offences.
All the police have legitimately gone after the FM for are the unrelated varied offences.

Peter O'Brien is drawing a parallel. imo
JMO - SA, Further to what you have quoted in your post: "All the police could legitimately go after BS for was the unrelated alleged child sex offences." ..... The State of NSW is currently attempting to overturn the judgement ... which awarded BS $1.5M in damages ...when he was cleared of any involvement in William's disappearance.

Would it be fact that the 'fundamental flaw' that Peter O'Brien is referring to (PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions) also still remain in limbo?

The William Tyrrell investigation has had 3 different lead investigators in nearly 9 years.

Neither Hans Rupp, Gary Jubelin or David Laidlaw could find the mystery person who FM would have us believe "snatched" William.

They could not find 1 person who was even seen in the vicinity of the FGM house around the alleged time he went missing.

Even the neighbours did not see any persons in the vicinity.

It's almost like the FM story is not true. Nobody can verify anything that was suspicious in or around the house, even the FM said nobody suspicious was in the area when she made the 000 call. She only changed her story a few days later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nurse4home