Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is discussion of it. Probably more than once. It is just that when I search on the word McDonalds about 8,000,000,000 entries come up. And I can't find it after a fairly quick scroll. Just so you know that I saw your posts and have looked.

They had forgotten to put pull-ups on the kids when they left Maccas. So they pulled over (from memory, fairly soon, maybe just a couple of kms away) and put them on, as they knew the kids would fall asleep.
Possibly thinking they would have to transfer sleeping children from the car to beds, as is common. imo

I think the spot was identified someplace back there, or there was decent speculation about where it was. IIRC
Thanks! I thought as much… It’s scary stopping on the side of the road at night. We avoid that. Do we know if it was side of road or a truck stop or petrol station?

On the verge of the road--IMO.

Yes, I think you are right. There is a timeline posted by Slouth here and it says:
  • Drove 4 hr trip to Kendall, north via F3
  • 1st stop: Caltex Wyong - toilet break 5 minutes
  • 2nd stop: 6.25pm Raymond terrace McDonald’s photo evidence
  • 6.40 cctv leaving McDonald’s
  • 3rd stop: 2 minutes later stopped on side of Rd to put on pull-ups
  • Arrive Kendall 9pm

Yes, I think you are right. There is a timeline posted by Slouth here and it says:
  • Arrive Kendall 9pm
There's another version of the story which has five stops between picking up the children and Kendall: Shell service station, 7-Eleven service station, Caltex + McDonalds, Raymond Terrace McDonalds, verge of road.

• Arrive Kendall 9pm
JMO - I would doubt that William's sister would need to be wearing pullups at her age at the time (almost 5 years of age).

William was biting children at childcare also. I would say that can likely be evidenced via the childcare centre, if it is put out there as public knowledge. It is mentioned in the recent "new baby" article by the DM. Link

I remember, too, in an old article there was mention of his sister hiding beneath a table because William was being aggressive toward her.

Mind you, out of all the little kids that I have known, I have known two little boys who each went through a biting stage. One in a big loving Greek family, and another in a big loving Italian family. Biting stages are not the most pleasant thing, but they happen here and there.

imo
As an adult one associates biting with hostility but small children can bite for other reasons--because they're getting used to having teeth, because they put everything in their mouths as a way of 'taking in', apprehending the world, and for holding on. Perhaps William was a bit old for that sort of thing, but for comparison, when I was five or six my school teacher had to intervene because I was sucking other children's hair. To me it was an expression of mild affection and I couldn't understand how it was a problem. A delay in social development there, and I didn't have the excuse that I was a fostered toddler.

As an adult one associates biting with hostility but small children can bite for other reasons--because they're getting used to having teeth, because they put everything in their mouths as a way of 'taking in', apprehending the world, and for holding on. Perhaps William was a bit old for that sort of thing, but for comparison, when I was five or six my school teacher had to intervene because I was sucking other children's hair. To me it was an expression of mild affection and I couldn't understand how it was a problem. A delay in social development there, and I didn't have the excuse that I was a fostered toddler.
When my son was about 2, he had to be taught not to sink his teeth into another child's arm when my friend arrived with her 3 children. He did it out of excitement at seeing them.

I agree JLZ, biting in young children can be an expression of any number of things and it can just be a ‘normal’ part of their development.

It can also come from a child’s frustration, perhaps at not being able to be understood or being allowed to express their feelings.

I’m interested to know what age was WIlliam when he was biting FFC etc - easy to say ‘ oh he bites etc’ but he may not have done that for ages. If he was still biting at 3 yrs of age I would suggest there were other issues at play for him.

JMOO

JMO - I would doubt that William's sister would need to be wearing pullups at her age at the time (almost 5 years of age).
What’s to doubt? lots of 4yos & 5yos are not toilet trained overnight. Much harder for them when they’re asleep.

Very normal at 4, should be doing it by somewhere around 5 or 6.

What’s to doubt? lots of 4yos & 5yos are not toilet trained overnight. Much harder for them when they’re asleep.

Very normal at 4, should be doing it by somewhere around 5 or 6.
So maybe those pullups remained on the sister until morning (i.e. if a fresh pair was not put on her ... which would then account for two pairs from her being disposed of on the morning following their arrival.

It is worth watching this again.

IMO some previous lead investigators have “not” solved high profile cases that seemed to be “slam dunks”, where Laidlaw has a record of solving difficult cases.

1. The Bowraville Murders. It is universally recognised there is 1 POI and he has never been brought to account. Every person and their dog knows who the offender is IMO. Still walking free and this is a damn shame. They need “fresh and compelling evidence” to get the guy back to trial because IMO the original investigators and prosecution botched the original investigation.

2. Matt Leveson - Michael Atkins was found not guilty of Murder by a Jury in 2009 after Matt’s 2007 disappearance. Everyone IMO knew he was guilty but the Prosecution could not prove it during their investigations. They eventually caught Atkins in a trap 10 years later, offering him immunity from prosecution if he led them to Matt’s body.

Atkins thought he was off the hook but they got him with plan B, C or D.

3. William Tyrrell - still not solved.

I was a massive fan of previous NSW investigators “until” they started doing podcasts and travelling circuses that people pay to see.

Cannot fault the efforts of any of our Murder investigators but the truth is that everyone is judged by their successful results at the end of the day.

If you are a homicide detective this means putting murderers behind bars.

Last edited:
I agree JLZ, biting in young children can be an expression of any number of things and it can just be a ‘normal’ part of their development.

It can also come from a child’s frustration, perhaps at not being able to be understood or being allowed to express their feelings.

I’m interested to know what age was WIlliam when he was biting FFC etc - easy to say ‘ oh he bites etc’ but he may not have done that for ages. If he was still biting at 3 yrs of age I would suggest there were other issues at play for him.

JMOO
The biting… could “Daddy Tiger” be a biting/ roughhousing game? I’m thinking about the hand injury on ffc?

Speculation
MOO

If you are a homicide detective this means putting murderers behind bars.

They have all had their fair share of successes and non-successes, as we have discussed in the past.

David Laidlaw also has his cases that remain unsolved. Some examples are:

Goran Nikolovski murdered in 2011 - there were POIs but no charges or prosecution Link

Saso Ristevski murdered in 2011 - a Vic man was arrested six years later, extradited to NSW, then the charges were dropped as they no longer thought the Vic man was the murderer. They have never caught who they think committed the murder Link

Jye McWatters murdered in 2015 - they have CCTV, had a primary POI, discovered more POIs, but no arrest Link

They have all had their fair share of successes and non-successes, as we have discussed in the past.

David Laidlaw also has his cases that remain unsolved. Some examples are:

Goran Nikolovski murdered in 2011 - there were POIs but no charges or prosecution Link

Saso Ristevski murdered in 2011 - a Vic man was arrested six years later, extradited to NSW, then the charges were dropped as they no longer thought the Vic man was the murderer. They have never caught who they think committed the murder Link

Jye McWatters murdered in 2015 - they have CCTV, had a primary POI, discovered more POIs, but no arrest Link
With all due respect the bikie related murders/disappearances are a tad more difficult to solve than the mum and dad/partner ones or the last known persons to be smoking cones and getting drunk with the person who disappeared.

Just saying some are very well planned and some are spur of the moment desperation fuelled my anger.

With all due respect the bikie related murders/disappearances are a tad more difficult to solve than the mum and dad/partner ones or the last known persons to be smoking cones and getting drunk with the person who disappeared.

Just saying some are very well planned and some are spur of the moment desperation fuelled my anger.

Why judge the victims? These are all murder crimes where they have POIs. They do not have enough evidence to lay charges on anyone.

If there is not enough evidence, there is not enough evidence. Charges are not laid, the DPP does not take the case, and/or they drop the charges.

BS' Vic charges were dropped because they did not have enough evidence without a successful prosecution in NSW (tendency evidence).

That's how it goes for the police every single day. They win some, they lose some. imo

This case in France reminds me so much of young William.

Staying at grandparents place, a moment of inattention and a two and half year old boy has just disappeared.

Interesting read as it talks about the search, sniffer dogs, different theories.

This case in France reminds me so much of young William.

Staying at grandparents place, a moment of inattention and a two and half year old boy has just disappeared.

Interesting read as it talks about the search, sniffer dogs, different theories.

This is the thread that has been set up on WS for little Emile, in case anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member