Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry it was the article from thewest.com.au

“Lifeline 13 11 14”
Thanks, no, I was asking Kmac whether an SMH article said FCC wanted additional support for the reason that she had an additional child--not because she was abusing either or both or felt on the verge of violence.

About The West article though. She says she's so ashamed of kicking the child but it was only because she was trying to protect the younger child from being tripped. OK I'm just enraging myself reading. I need a break.

Hopefully something positive will come out of this mess.
Maybe better screening and more so, ongoing screening of the mental health of carers.

Why was this couple under their stress load given another child to care for?
They must have applied....and they must have convinced the powers that be that all was good in the hood.
No police checks?
A child missing under your watch should be a no-go for child services.

The public had under currents they were under LE scrutiny at this time.

Or ...is having wealth and prestige behind you a blind eye to undercurrents and red flags??

why was she denied support?? :oops:

MOO
I don’t think it means they necessarily applied for another child.
They may have been asked to take a short term emergency placement. They may have thought L’s behaviour may improve if she had another child in the house. She would obviously be missing William and they thought this may help. Of course we see now that it made things much worse for all of them

I don’t think it means they necessarily applied for another child.
They may have been asked to take a short term emergency placement. They may have thought L’s behaviour may improve if she had another child in the house. She would obviously be missing William and they thought this may help. Of course we see now that it made things much worse for all of them
yes can't rule it out.

Thanks, no, I was asking Kmac whether an SMH article said FCC wanted additional support for the reason that she had an additional child--not because she was abusing either or both or felt on the verge of violence.

About The West article though. She says she's so ashamed of kicking the child but it was only because she was trying to protect the younger child from being tripped. OK I'm just enraging myself reading. I need a break.
lol
not me.
chrissy
:p

Some additional info in the article...

A former Salvation Amy captain Michelle White, who was involved in it’s out-of-home care service, gave evidence in court today.

MW spoke to FM in October and she seemed very upset, so they arranged a meeting. (Article states October 2022, but I’d say that’s a typo, should be 2021)

FM disclosed the kicking incident, explaining she was really ashamed and did not know how MW would react.

When MW remarked that FM wasn’t coping well, she said the FM replied saying she had asked for additional support but her request was refused.

These things to my mind are very relevant. I hope they can back up the application for more support and the refusal as it puts a different complexion on things. The dates for meeting MW, finding out that she is under investigation and application for more support would be v. interesting, and if she might have had an inkling around that time that she might be under surveilance. IMO

Some additional info in the article...

A former Salvation Amy captain Michelle White, who was involved in it’s out-of-home care service, gave evidence in court today.

MW spoke to FM in October and she seemed very upset, so they arranged a meeting. (Article states October 2022, but I’d say that’s a typo, should be 2021)

FM disclosed the kicking incident, explaining she was really ashamed and did not know how MW would react.

When MW remarked that FM wasn’t coping well, she said the FM replied saying she had asked for additional support but her request was refused.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for the member>

Agree, FM having an inkling (Maybe had been tipped off by someone) that she might be under surveillance is quite possible.

Also her bruised leg might have been a giveaway.

As we have now learnt from the recently played tapes, there was much more than the kicking that she had been doing to intimidate the 11 yr girl that FM could have declared to Michelle White.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree, FM having an inkling (Maybe had been tipped off by someone) that she might be under surveillance is quite possible.

Also her bruised leg might have been a giveaway.

As we have now learnt from the recently played tapes, there was much more than the kicking that she had been doing to intimidate the 11 yr girl that FM could have declared to Michelle White.
Its pretty disturbing to think she knew she was under surveillance and still couldn't keep her *advertiser censored* together. :oops:

But that makes sense...she has purged herself of what she thinks the cops know.

cunning as a fox!

imo

What I don't really understand is why she is so stressed about possibly being under investigation re WT. Yes I do get that it's not an ideal situation to be in, but if you've truly done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, you would know that it would pass and blow over IMO

What I don't really understand is why she is so stressed about possibly being under investigation re WT. Yes I do get that it's not an ideal situation to be in, but if you've truly done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, you would know that it would pass and blow over IMO
Right
100% spot on.

Why was Lindy Chamberlain upset?
Why was Kathleen Folbigg upset?
Why did they keep saying that they hadn't killed their children?
Against the wave of public opinion at the time.

That just ludicrous. Of course you would be stressed and upset if you are accused of killing your own child. Let’s not forget the taskforce “leaked” all this stuff as well.

That just ludicrous. Of course you would be stressed and upset if you are accused of killing your own child. Let’s not forget the taskforce “leaked” all this stuff as well.
Yes I'm not saying you wouldn't be upset. Just she's no stranger to being under scrutiny, she's undergone police interrogations previously. It's not a new place for her to be. And if she has nothing to hide, then like most law abiding citizens would assume justice will prevail and the investigation would move along.

Yes I'm not saying you wouldn't be upset. Just she's no stranger to being under scrutiny, she's undergone police interrogations previously. It's not a new place for her to be. And if she has nothing to hide, then like most law abiding citizens would assume justice will prevail and the investigation would move along.

I think after 9 years the pressure may pile up a little more than you think. No excuse for treating a child this way though.

Yes but this was the first time they put it out in the media. Seems they were questioning them continually, hence the litany of unrelated charges.
Actually most law abiding citizens would probably be well aware that people are wrongly convicted all the time. Even if you know you didn’t do it, there would still be that thought that they might pin it on you anyway.

Why was Lindy Chamberlain upset?
Why was Kathleen Folbigg upset?
Why did they keep saying that they hadn't killed their children?
Against the wave of public opinion at the time.
Lindy Chamberlain and Kathleen Folbigg were both convicted, rightly or wrongly, after lengthy trials. We know their names and we know their faces. The names of the former foster parents of William Tyrell are not public knowledge and their faces are always kept hidden. There is no mob of bogan justice seekers throwing bricks through their windows. Being a suspect when you are innocent must be a truly awful feeling but they are being treated with kid gloves in public. If a tiny child disappears under your watch and you are the last known person to seem them alive, you will be under investigation.

Lindy Chamberlain and Kathleen Folbigg were both convicted, rightly or wrongly, after lengthy trials. We know their names and we know their faces. The names of the former foster parents of William Tyrell are not public knowledge and their faces are always kept hidden. There is no mob of bogan justice seekers throwing bricks through their windows. Being a suspect when you are innocent must be a truly awful feeling but they are being treated with kid gloves in public. If a tiny child disappears under your watch and you are the last known person to seem them alive, you will be under investigation.

I think you may have misunderstood my response ... it was related to why would a person be stressed if they did nothing wrong, as per the post I responded to.

The two people I mentioned were very stressed when they were being accused and they had done nothing wrong.

Yes but this was the first time they put it out in the media. Seems they were questioning them continually, hence the litany of unrelated charges.
Actually most law abiding citizens would probably be well aware that people are wrongly convicted all the time. Even if you know you didn’t do it, there would still be that thought that they might pin it on you anyway.
When initially charged:

"The Australian understands the foster parents vehemently deny doing any harm to the child.
William Tyrrell’s foster parents are expected to fight charges of assaulting a child by arguing that the alleged victim may have fallen from a horse."

The FM has now changed her mind and pleaded guilty to the assault charges.

There are criminals who will never admit to their guilt and are happy to die without admitting the truth of their crime.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member