Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard, Kendall (NSW), Sept 2014 #76

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s been almost 9 years, of course they would have all communications. The deleted texts were August anyway, so have nothing to do with the day he went missing
If the foster mother was struggling with the kids or WT, she may have complained about situations. Or been angry.

I’ve sent my OH lots of texts when I’ve struggled with the kids for reassurance etc.

IMO

I thought both lots of texts were deleted on both phones? IMO

I think there might be a lot of mitigating evidence in submissions and it would not surprise me if the FFC has no conviction recorded in her assault matters. IMO Has the 15 minute tirade by both parents been played in court or are they saving that to deal separately with the MFC's case?

Last edited:
If the foster mother was struggling with the kids or WT, she may have complained about situations. Or been angry.

I’ve sent my OH lots of texts when I’ve struggled with the kids for reassurance etc.

IMO

I thought both lots of texts were deleted on both phones? IMO
No just deleted by the foster father.

I was referring to the 'home in 5' texts' that the FF had said he was in the habit of sending to FM .... before that fateful day when he sent the text to the FM at 10.30am.

It might have been useful to check for those texts very early in the investigation.
I'd be interested to know too whether they really did this and if so when it started. Is the reason supplied the real one? If he was coming home at a time when the children were out or in bed, did he still text? Did she tell him not to enter his own home without giving her warning of arrival?

‘Megan Payne, a NSW Department of Communities and Justice official who served removal papers on the couple in November 2021, said the child began to cry and hugged the foster mother, who comforted the youth before they were taken away.

'(The mother) said: 'It's not your fault … I've done something I shouldn't have done,'' Ms Payne told the court.

Ms Payne monitored a later interview between police and the child during which the child confided to a support person 'my dad put his hands around my neck' and claimed the foster father had mental health and anger management issues.’

I was referring to the 'home in 5' texts' that the FF had said he was in the habit of sending to FM .... before that fateful day when he sent the text to the FM at 10.30am.

It might have been useful to check for those texts very early in the investigation.

Hans Rupp's team were the ones who took their phones, computers, and vehicles for forensic testing. One would think that going through text messages is a part of the forensic testing.

CO's interview with Hans Rupp .....

A forensic search of FGM's house was done three days after William disappeared.
There had been forensic testing of William's foster nana's car, and of the new four wheel drive.
Foster parents had surrendered computers and phones for forensic testing.
William's foster parents told the police the timer on the camera was off by two hours. This has been verified by digital experts.

Source: Missing William Tyrrell by Caroline Overington, chapter 5.

Last edited:
‘Megan Payne, a NSW Department of Communities and Justice official who served removal papers on the couple in November 2021, said the child began to cry and hugged the foster mother, who comforted the youth before they were taken away.

'(The mother) said: 'It's not your fault … I've done something I shouldn't have done,'' Ms Payne told the court.

Ms Payne monitored a later interview between police and the child during which the child confided to a support person 'my dad put his hands around my neck' and claimed the foster father had mental health and anger management issues.’

Is this the same woman who the child confided to whose name wasn't in print yesterday? Or was she present at this interview and vacated the room when the police did as well when they were having a break, to be left only with the support woman? Actually this article answers my questions,

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/br...e/news-story/d130631570b677e116f4be6f4be802eb

Previously the court heard another woman was acting as a support person for the child when she was interviewed by police in November 2021.

The woman told the court that during a break in the interview, when police were not present in the room, the young child disclosed another alleged incident in which the foster father put his hands around her neck.

On Friday, Ms Payne said she was also present when the child was later interviewed by police and watched via an adjoining viewing room

She said during a break she overheard the child make a disclosure.

“There was a break and (the child) said ‘my dad put his hand around my neck, my dad has mental health issues, my dad has anger management issues,” Ms Payne told the court.

Last edited:
It’s been almost 9 years, of course they would have all communications. The deleted texts were August anyway, so have nothing to do with the day he went missing
They likely have everything to do with it. IMO.

The normal behaviours, actions and relationship connection leading up to that day very much have everything to do with the day he went missing.
Knowing how FM has an escalating anger control management issue.

We have already noticed pattern wording in the accusations of the childrens behaviour.
William then....sister now.....

They likely have everything to do with it. IMO.

The normal behaviours, actions and relationship connection leading up to that day very much have everything to do with the day he went missing.
Knowing how FM has an escalating anger control management issue.

We have already noticed pattern wording in the accusations of the childrens behaviour.
William then....sister now.....
Actually none of that has anything to do with him missing. Even police have said they don’t believe she harmed him. So whatever anger issues you believe she had is irrelevant. Either way as l have already said, police would have all these communications.

“There was a break and (the child) said ‘my dad put his hand around my neck, my dad has mental health issues, my dad has anger management issues,” Ms Payne told the court.

Those are pretty big words and concepts for a pre-teen. Mental health issues. Anger management issues. I wonder if Ms Payne was reading from notes or if she was giving the gist of the remark, as she remembered it.

Actually none of that has anything to do with him missing. Even police have said they don’t believe she harmed him. So whatever anger issues you believe she had is irrelevant. Either way as l have already said, police would have all these communications.
I speculate police have been trying to give her an out.

I highly doubt they believe he fell off a balcony.
Not now...

When she has harmed other children in her care of course they believe she is capable of hurting the missing little boy on her watch.
Would be negligent for the investigation not to.

At the NSWCC hearing they gave FM an out when they said that if she confessed to an accident they would make it all go away, or whatever words they exactly said that meant that.

I don't think they were giving her an out at the Nov '21 dig in the garden bed, concrete pad in the garage under the house, and by the riding school.

I also don't think that FM had the intense pressure of public and police persecution when William was little and she was dealing with his behaviours. So it is not a given that she responded to William's behaviours in the manner in which she responded to this child's behaviours.

Last edited:
The interviews with William's foster family reveal troubling details about the three-year-old's short life.

They include an accident where William fell off a stool and couldn't get up, how he was made to change his own dirty nappy on the day he vanished and queries about the foster father mysteriously deleting six weeks of texts with his wife.

William's foster mother admitted that initially William 'had personal issues .... particularly towards me'.

'We had to deal (with) things such as William hitting me, biting me and him being basically furious' with another child in the foster parents' house.

'(William was) very unsettled, particularly the time immediately following contact with (his) birth parents. The unsettled behaviour after visits would last months.'

At the NSWCC hearing they gave FM an out when they said that if she confessed to an accident they would make it all go away, or whatever words they exactly said that meant that.

I don't think they were giving her an out at the Nov '21 dig in the garden bed, concrete pad in the garage under the house, and by the riding school.
Not accepting an out means what exactly?
stubborn?? innocent?? arrogant?? doesn't mean anything.

If it quacks like a duck walks like a duck...odds are its a duck.

The best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour.

I also don't think that FM had the intense pressure of public and police persecution when William was little and she was dealing with his behaviours. So it is not a given that she responded to William's behaviours in the manner in which she responded to this child's behaviours.

the patterned 'the child is a problem 'was present both times.

From the link in BB's posted article above
William's foster mother admitted that initially William 'had personal issues .... particularly towards me'.
'We had to deal (with) things such as William hitting me, biting me and him being basically furious' with another child in the foster parents' house.

Later that day, a separate recording caught the woman admitting she kicked the child because they threatened to hurt another child.

“I can’t believe I did that ... it was a complete reaction,” she said, adding later that the child she kicked was a psychopath.

Pretty similar IMO.

Last edited:
What I don't really understand is why she is so stressed about possibly being under investigation re WT. Yes I do get that it's not an ideal situation to be in, but if you've truly done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide, you would know that it would pass and blow over IMO
It won't blow over until he is eventually found in a previously covered ditch or something after a farmer does some land clearing IMO, or until another suspect is discovered. Until then I totally understand why they'd be stressed. Its incredibly stressful to be under investigation or suspicion for something you didn't do, IMO probably far worse than if you actually did do it!
Yes I'm not saying you wouldn't be upset. Just she's no stranger to being under scrutiny, she's undergone police interrogations previously. It's not a new place for her to be. And if she has nothing to hide, then like most law abiding citizens would assume justice will prevail and the investigation would move along.
I don't know, plenty of innocent people have been sent to prison or even executed despite protesting their innocence and despite evidence being shaky. Investigations don't always move along at all. Police are human and make human mistakes.

Those are pretty big words and concepts for a pre-teen. Mental health issues. Anger management issues. I wonder if Ms Payne was reading from notes or if she was giving the gist of the remark, as she remembered it.
I'm going to assume - maybe wrongly idk - that she'd have been in counselling for a long time and be aware of these concepts through that. Also I feel like the language of counselling, psychology, and therapy is becoming pretty mainstream. I remember in years 5 and 6 my kid who is now 16 did a lot of stuff at school (eg workshops, incursions, visiting programs) about bullying, abuse and mental health, I think its pretty common for preteens nowadays to be very familiar with a lot of concepts adults may be surprised about both through school and their friends who get it filtered to them through the Internet, and that's even without actually being in the system or getting counselling personally.

I'm going to assume - maybe wrongly idk - that she'd have been in counselling for a long time and be aware of these concepts through that. Also I feel like the language of counselling, psychology, and therapy is becoming pretty mainstream. I remember in years 5 and 6 my kid who is now 16 did a lot of stuff at school (eg workshops, incursions, visiting programs) about bullying, abuse and mental health, I think its pretty common for preteens nowadays to be very familiar with a lot of concepts adults may be surprised about both through school and their friends who get it filtered to them through the Internet, and that's even without actually being in the system or getting counselling personally.

That makes sense, and is possible.

Yes, the child had (at least) short term counselling in Sep and Oct '21. It is mentioned in the link that Lemony provided a little further back.

I speculate police have been trying to give her an out.

I highly doubt they believe he fell off a balcony.
Not now...

When she has harmed other children in her care of course they believe she is capable of hurting the missing little boy on her watch.
Would be negligent for the investigation not to.
I agree 100% with this. Police/LE hold most important information "close to their vest".

Information that has come out this week is just the tip of the iceberg IMO.

The Police know that she is involved in Williams disappearance, hence the continued pressure for the last 18 months.

They have various strategies and one of the well known ones is to give the guilty person an "easy out" by saying it was an accident. An opportunity to save face.

Unfortunately they seem to be missing the final piece or two of the jigsaw puzzle <modsnip - namecalling> IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree 100% with this. Police/LE hold most important information "close to their vest".

Information that has come out this week is just the tip of the iceberg IMO.

The Police know that she is involved in Williams disappearance, hence the continued pressure for the last 18 months.

They have various strategies and one of the well known ones is to give the guilty person an "easy out" by saying it was an accident. An opportunity to save face.

Unfortunately they seem to be missing the final piece or two of the jigsaw puzzle and FM is a nasty piece of work who will never confess IMO.
I agree 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member