GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hi Fermi!

I am even more curious as to why he admits to such oversights (at best put) after all these years.

Source is questionable...its own blurb says "entertainment" and there is nothing the slightest bit entertaining about this case.

Woodwork, perhaps. ;->

I have been reading on this story for a couple of days and I think this man, Josef Fritzl is a domineering, loud, controlling man that mirrors Hitler. He held people captive (concentration camp like) and tortured them. Fed them on his schedule or not, etc. I went to college in Austria and have been back 3 times since and have been to Mauthausen a couple of times. Mauthausen was/is a concentration camp that still stands today as an educational tool to the atrocities that occurred there. I looked up Amstetten, Austria and it was the location of a subcamp of Mauthausen. Josef Fritzl would have been only 10 yrs old during these times and he was an impressionable age. Dunno if any of this is true...just some of my thoughts. There is a man here in my town that was a Deutsche Jugend (a Hitler Youth) at 10 yrs olds.not that they necessarily saw all that horror. but..perhaps Josef Fritzl was too?? Just thinking out loud.:confused:

Its possible, I know someone whose mother was a hitler youth and most did not want to be there. They were forced too instead of suffering the consequences. Im sure the boys saw more than the girls did.

I agree TM...this whole story is so sick and wrong! I can't even stand to look at this 's picture!

I am even more upset by this man's comment from your link:

Albert Duvanovsk, who rented an apartment at Fritzl's property, said he had heard strange noises coming from the cellar and added: "I knew the daughter was missing and I remember my landlord having a strange fear of the police.

"I used to see him taking barrowloads of food down to the basement and the barrow would come back empty."

Why in the world do people ignore things like this??? Why don't they alert someone in authority??? I would!!!
If I saw my neighbor doing that it would never even cross my mind that he was keeping a family captive down there. I would assume it was a fallout type shelter and he was storing food. Especially if this went on over a very long period of time. the longer it went on the more innocent it would look IMO.

Hi Shana,

I also wondered "why" after all this time he would bring these observations up (maybe seeking his 15 minutes of fame?). However, I had read on another link (sorry, cannot remember which one, there are so darn many!) someone mentioning that they heard "childlike" sounds emitting from the cellar but that "Hitler" had emphatically forbidden them from going down there.

But...who knows...big cases seem to bring all kinds out (of the woodwork) :crazy:

Fermi

Hi Fermi!

I am even more curious as to why he admits to such oversights (at best put) after all these years.

Source is questionable...its own blurb says "entertainment" and there is nothing the slightest bit entertaining about this case.

Woodwork, perhaps. ;->

If I saw my neighbor doing that it would never even cross my mind that he was keeping a family captive down there. I would assume it was a fallout type shelter and he was storing food. Especially if this went on over a very long period of time. the longer it went on the more innocent it would look IMO.

:eek: Surely not JBean...after all of these years on WS! Nah...not me...I'd have thought that is just a tad too many canned goods :waitasec:

:eek: Surely not JBean...after all of these years on WS! Nah...not me...I'd have thought that is just a tad too many canned goods :waitasec:
hahahaha well if he was bringing food down there for 24 years I would have just thought he was recycling it. I would not have thought a thing of it. My poor neighbors are doomed! I will be no help at all. I will probably see robbers emptying out their house and think that they are moving.:bang:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I will probably see robbers emptying out their house and think that they are moving.:bang:

I told Dh I don't know if WS has jaded me or if I'm just getting old...because I notice everything that goes on in the neighborhood anymore.

I think I need that "Mrs. Kravitz" pic that Taxi used to use :slap:

"It also emerged today that Fritzl, 73, first applied for planning permission for a cellar in 1978, saying it was to protect his family in case of nuclear attack.
"Elisabeth would have been 12 at the time - making it about a year after she says her father started abusing her.

In 1983 he was allowed to extend it to proper living quarters with rooms and running water. It was a year later that Elisabeth - now 42 - says her father lured her into the cellar, drugged and handcuffed her before imprisoning her.
An investigator told The Sun: "Not only did Fritzl build a torture den to rape and assault his daughter - he went through official channels to do it."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...tml?in_article_id=562937&in_page_id=1770&ct=5

He told his tenants they were not to go near the basement or they would have their tenancies terminated without notice and it was protected by sophisticated alarms and he'd know if they did.

all carefully planned by the man. :(

What an extraordinary young woman.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3845639.ece

Natascha Kampusch, the young woman held captive for eight years in a Vienna basement, has questioned whether Austrian officials were right to pull the country's latest child kidnap victims so "abruptly" from the household cellar where they were born.

Ms Kampusch, 20, also said that those offering "so-called expert opinion" on the case of Elisabeth Fritzl - who bore six children by her own father during 24 years in captivity - should shut up "because they are probably wrong".
But the woman who was once Austria's most famous kidnapping victim said it would be wrong to compare her case to that of the Fritzls, because the children born to Elisabeth Fritzl and kept with her in the cellar had never known any other world.

She said: "This case is not like mine, where that was not my environment. They were born there and I can imagine that there is a strong attachment to that place."

according to the AP, Josef Fritzl is being looked into in the murder of a young woman. no info yet, just an AP bulletin.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7374965.stm

A lawyer for the Austrian man who kept his daughter in a cellar for 24 years has said experts must decide if he can be deemed responsible for his actions.

Josef Fritzl has confessed to fathering seven children with his daughter, Elisabeth, six of whom survived.

His lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, has told the BBC his client will undergo a series of psychiatric and psychological tests.

Mr Fritzl, 73, faces up to 15 years in prison if he is convicted of raping his daughter, among other offences.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3842886.ece

The Austrian authorities revealed that all the imprisoned children have emerged with defective immune systems and suffering from vitamin D deficiency.

None of them had ever seen a doctor or a dentist before their release and the oldest, at the age of 19, has already lost most of her teeth.

The height of their prison ceilings has left them each with a cramped physical posture and all three are anaemic.

One of the children is being tested to see if his sight and hearing have been impaired by 18 years of confinement

Of the children reared upstairs, brought up on fresh milk and used to playing in the garden, one has a heart problem that may derive from the genetic composition of her parentage. Otherwise, she and the other upstairs siblings are reported to be healthy. All were born downstairs and taken out when they were infants. The explanation offered by Mr Fritzl was that they were dumped on the doorstep by their wayward mother. One was formally adopted, the other two were classified as foster children – entitling Josef and Rosemarie Fritzl to cash benefits.

Horrible to bear this in mind, but i do: they are going to make an amazing study for scientists. i know it's terrible of me to say, but it has happened and something should come out of it.

please don't all hate me for speaking of this aspect.

i had a nightmare last night involving this case. :(

From one of the above articles:
prosecutors said Tuesday they were investigating whether he can be charged with "murder through failure to act" in connection with the infant's death, which is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.

I hope this is true.

I, too, want to hear about the children and the effects of long-term imprisonment on them. It sounds like they have a lot of health problems. Poor kids. I hope there is a chance for them to lead a somewhat normal life.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...cellar-for-a-month-while-on-Thai-holiday.html

Rainer Wieczorak, 62, who was on the holiday in Thailand with Fritzl, said: "I need to go there because the warm climate is much better for my health but Fritzl had other interests.

“While we would all sit around the hotel bar enjoying a few quiet drinks, he was off on his own.

“We did not speak about where he went but it was pretty obvious that he had another agenda in mind.

“We almost never saw him, he was usually sleeping things off during the day, having a massage on the beach and a late breakfast.”

Paul Hoerer, 69, who also travelled to Thailand with him, said: “I have known him since 1973 when we met on a camping holiday near Salzburg and we spent a lot of time together after that.

“Our friendship was so good that we went on holidays to Thailand together. I remember one was for almost a month. Another was about three weeks.

am i reading this right?

that this guy faces UP TO 15 years in prison? im not reading minimum of, but that he faces a MAXIMUM of 15 YEARS?

please tell me im reading this wrong.

am i reading this right?

that this guy faces UP TO 15 years in prison? im not reading minimum of, but that he faces a MAXIMUM of 15 YEARS?

please tell me im reading this wrong.

If I read it correctly, 15 years is the maximum for the rape charge. There is another 20 years for the death of the infant. I wonder if there is a charge for kidnapping and imprisonment?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7375904.stm

Josef Fritzl, the Austrian man who is accused of keeping his daughter captive in a cellar for 24 years, refuses to answer further questions, police say.

They said he had signed a statement admitting imprisoning and raping his daughter and fathering her seven children, but refuses to explain.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7375904.stm

Josef Fritzl, the Austrian man who is accused of keeping his daughter captive in a cellar for 24 years, refuses to answer further questions, police say.

They said he had signed a statement admitting imprisoning and raping his daughter and fathering her seven children, but refuses to explain.

Well, really - how do you? He'd be "explaining" his whole life, which is obviously skewed and warped in a way most of us could not fathom if he even tried.

My prayers for this family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
california_girl
Back