GUILTY Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link I posted above ... I wonder if he was prepping for a new family?

Chillingly, details have emerged of a second house owned by Fritzl a mile away. It, too has an excavated cellar with stone bath and a 3ft hacksaw on the wall.

Interview of Doctor treating the girl hospitalized: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7373233.stm

It's not sounding good.

Thanks for the link. Dr. Reiter said she was in ICU and ventilated with bleeding from her tongue due to convulsions. I wonder if she had an undiagnosed brain tumor that would cause the headaches and dizziness/convulsions? He said they have ruled out poison.

More at this link: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...ody+after+insisting+he+acted+alone/article.do

1DungeonDM_468x367.jpg

With the entrance from the workshop concealed (things placed in front of a solid steel door), i can understand how no one — including his wife — knew about this labyrinth under the house.

a monster man clearly and above capable of his engineering feat.

From the link I posted above ... I wonder if he was prepping for a new family?

Chillingly, details have emerged of a second house owned by Fritzl a mile away. It, too has an excavated cellar with stone bath and a 3ft hacksaw on the wall.

Wouldn't surprise me . . .

Thanks for the link. Dr. Reiter said she was in ICU and ventilated with bleeding from her tongue due to convulsions. I wonder if she had an undiagnosed brain tumor that would cause the headaches and dizziness/convulsions? He said they have ruled out poison.

My understanding is after the doctor made a public plea on TV for the mother to come forward to provide more info. Elisabeth F then pleaded with her father to release her and the other 2 children to help save her daughter's life.

I wonder if Kerstin is the child that supposedly had epilepsy?

From Times OnlineApril 29, 2008

Austria incest case - police search other Fritzl properties

Police investigating the case of Josef Fritzl, the Austrian who held his own daughter prisoner for 24 years, today inspected other properties owned by the retired electrical engineer to make sure that he was not holding other captives in similar underground cells.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3839427.ece

From the article that golfmom posted, it said
The retired electrician faces charges of incest, abduction and imprisonment and could serve 15 years in jail if convicted.

This makes me angry. He should be locked up at least as long as she was!

Isn't that just flat out crazy? I really think that he should be charged for murder of the infant that was tossed in the furnace!

Considering his age, 15 years may well be a life sentence.

One of the articles linked above said he may be charged with murder by ommission for lack of care for the infant who dies. I think I'm remembering the charge correctly.

he'll die in prison, I pray these kids ( some now adults) get the help they need. As for the wife/children not knowing. Something seems off, after all those years the 3 kids that were living upstairs didn't say anything. The wife didn't know anything? He fed/clothed the kids downstairs for 24 years, the wife didn't see a receipt or anything. I don't know, seems way off to me. IMO

he'll die in prison, I pray these kids ( some now adults) get the help they need. As for the wife/children not knowing. Something seems off, after all those years the 3 kids that were living upstairs didn't say anything. The wife didn't know anything? He fed/clothed the kids downstairs for 24 years, the wife didn't see a receipt or anything. I don't know, seems way off to me. IMO

swanniee, I agree with you something is really off. With him building another underground prison, I have to wonder if one of his upstairs "granddaughters" was fixin' to runaway and join a cult.

You're right Deb, but IMHO ... I'd just as soon he live a LONG LONG time behind bars ... preferably with no sunlight.

Me, too. I hope they put him away in solitaire and forget to release him.

swanniee, I agree with you something is really off. With him building another underground prison, I have to wonder if one of his upstairs "granddaughters" was fixin' to runaway and join a cult.

I agree.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3841016.ece

Doctors spoke today of an "astonishing" reunion" at the Austrian hospital where two groups of children born of Josef Fritzl's incest with his own daughter Elisabeth have met for the first time.

Three of the children, aged 19, 18, and five, were raised in an underground cellar, never allowed to see daylight, while three other children were taken out of the cellar as babies by the abuser and raised as his own grandchildren two floors above, in a well-kept villa in the town of Amstettin.

"It was astonishing how easy it was," said Dr Berthold Kepplinger, director of the clinic, speaking of the moment the two groups of children met, in the presence of their mother and grandmother. He said that the family members interacted very naturally.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article3841016.ece

Doctors spoke today of an "astonishing" reunion" at the Austrian hospital where two groups of children born of Josef Fritzl's incest with his own daughter Elisabeth have met for the first time.

Three of the children, aged 19, 18, and five, were raised in an underground cellar, never allowed to see daylight, while three other children were taken out of the cellar as babies by the abuser and raised as his own grandchildren two floors above, in a well-kept villa in the town of Amstettin.

"It was astonishing how easy it was," said Dr Berthold Kepplinger, director of the clinic, speaking of the moment the two groups of children met, in the presence of their mother and grandmother. He said that the family members interacted very naturally.

All the best to this family. they are going to need it.

From your link:
Earlier today Mr Fritzl was remanded in custody for 14 days after appearing today before a judge in St Poelten, the provincial capital of Lower Austria. He is not expected to be charged until the end of that period, but prosecutors said earlier that the charges could include "murder through lack of action" over the death of the baby boy, whose body he burnt in a domestic heating furnace.

I understand all the speculation on if her mother knew about her being captive. Something else I'm wondering about is, she was 11 when her father began abusing her, it certainly is understandable then that she began running away! Was her mother aware way back then about the abuse?
When she turned 18 I'm thinking the father knew if she left they couldn't legally make her come back. Poor girl had her whole entire life stolen from her, how can anyone ever recover from this :(

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moondashiie
Back