Autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
concernedperson said:
I write these words and cringe with the thought. Remember her teeth were knocked out from her jaw.Jesus Christ...I am sure she was unconscious after the first 2 blows.

Yeah, which just highlights the rage and over overkill here. Scary rage.

panthera said:
I'm thinking of a heavy-duty flashlight too, like cops have. Would Meredith know if Michelle had one in the house? If so, is it missing?
The heavy duty ones are indeed heavy. They have 4 D sized batteries. You would not to be on the receiving end of one of those blows.

What is the deal with the hair on her hand. Would LE not have looked the body over for evidence before removing her from the scene or do they leave it up to the medical examiner? And when and by whom is the time of death determined? I would have assumed that it would have been included in the autopsy report.

close_enough said:
:banghead:

i found a picture...a good up close picture of 3 diff maglite flashlights....it showed good detail of the kind of 'ridges' around the top part.....i lost the link & can't find it now....
Well lets hope that if it is a flash light that was used - the lens broke and cut the son of a gun's hand and spilled some blood. Maybe in the house as well as on the side of his SUV...

raisincharlie said:
Well lets hope that if it is a flash light that was used - the lens broke and cut the son of a gun's hand and spilled some blood. Maybe in the house as well as on the side of his SUV...

I wonder if he kept a car emergency kit, which would have been the smart thing if he traveled distances by car for his work. If so, I wonder if the kit is missing it's flashlight.

raisincharlie said:

I think we are looking at hair evidence in her hand.

raisincharlie said:

YES..let's hope....

still can't find that damned picture, grrrr......it was perfect too...i didn't realize those ridges were on them..some were a little diff than the others, but all 3 had a type 'ridging' on them where the light is...(hope this makes sense)

pack_fan said:
The heavy duty ones are indeed heavy. They have 4 D sized batteries. You would not to be on the receiving end of one of those blows.

What is the deal with the hair on her hand. Would LE not have looked the body over for evidence before removing her from the scene or do they leave it up to the medical examiner? And when and by whom is the time of death determined? I would have assumed that it would have been included in the autopsy report.
Pack_fan,

Typically there is no TOD listed in autopsy reports. There may be appendices with tox reports and other reports that go with the AR - a lot of times these documents are not attached to the AR. MY's death certificate may also read the time the body was found for TOD. Convoluted but you will find this is true in many cases.

If you check the report indicated that her hands were bagged, so yes the evidence would have been collected at the time of autopsy but not necessarily by the ME. There were two people listed as being present - perhaps they were from CCBI to collect this - don't know for sure though.

raisincharlie said:
Pack_fan,

Typically there is no TOD listed in autopsy reports. There may be appendices with tox reports and other reports that go with the AR - a lot of times these documents are not attached to the AR. MY's death certificate may also read the time the body was found for TOD. Convoluted but you will find this is true in many cases.

If you check the report indicated that her hands were bagged, so yes the evidence would have been collected at the time of autopsy but not necessarily by the ME. There were two people listed as being present - perhaps they were from CCBI to collect this - don't know for sure though.

the thing about that hair though...as someone (forgot who) mentioned that if it's one of JY's, the defense can simply say she could have gotten that from the carpet...JY's hair would be in the bedroom anyway......not REAL sure this hair will matter, so to speak, in court.....what do yall think?

pack_fan said:

The report said her hands had been bagged at the scene to preserve evidence so the hair was obviously on her hand from the crime scene. TOD in this case would only be a general time frame, I'd assume, based on the stomach contents, rigormortis, etc. since there wasn't anything like a broken clock or wristwatch at the scene.

happy2bn10ec said:
Whoever did this absolutely HAD to be scratched up and at least a little bit beaten up looking. No wonder he wouldn't talk to police.
Maybe that's why his stepdad suggested he get an attorney pronto, eh? This whole thing makes me sick.

LvsAMystry said:
I wonder if he kept a car emergency kit, which would have been the smart thing if he traveled distances by car for his work. If so, I wonder if the kit is missing it's flashlight.
Unfortunately - the search warrant for the SUV only lists 15 items collected however there was definitely more taken from the SUV - we didn't get to see the full list of items siezed - wish we had.

panthera said:
The report said her hands had been bagged at the scene to preserve evidence so the hair was obviously on her hand from the crime scene. TOD in this case would only be a general time frame, I'd assume, based on the stomach contents, rigormortis, etc. since there wasn't anything like a broken clock or wristwatch at the scene.

you're right panthera...."a single hair was stuck in blood on the left hand"....they left it alone & bagged her hands...

I can't get the memorial link to work, but it's probably my pc.

Here's some colored mag lites:
colours2.jpg

Think those are the striation marks mentioned?

Taximom said:
Maybe that's why his stepdad suggested he get an attorney pronto, eh? This whole thing makes me sick.

yeah, maybe that's the reason...i can picture it, if JY showed up with scratches or the beginnings of bruising....a black eye; heck...his parents would FREAK out, imo.....get an atty & do NOT say anything!

Taximom said:
I can't get the memorial link to work, but it's probably my pc.

Here's some colored mag lites:
colours2.jpg

Think those are the striation marks mentioned?

hmmm, the picture i pulled up had the ridging/marks on the outer edge of the round part also, where the light bulb is...ugh, i don't know how to explain it....

a flashlight would certainly explain any "crescent" shaped injuries...

From the autopsy:
Personal Effects Disposition: none

Where's her wedding ring? Think she took it off prior to being beaten to death?

Here we go again with the discussion of "do you take your jewelry off at night?" Shades of Laci again.

The only way I'd take my wedding ring off is if my marriage was over.

I wonder what MY's habit was.

Taximom said:
From the autopsy:
Personal Effects Disposition: none

Where's her wedding ring? Think she took it off prior to being beaten to death?

Here we go again with the discussion of "do you take your jewelry off at night?" Shades of Laci again.

The only way I'd take my wedding ring off is if my marriage was over.

I wonder what MY's habit was.
Maybe that was the problem - the marriage was over ? The left hand shows abrasions on the ring finger - maybe it wasn't there.

oh well....i'm getting too frustrated...i know i saw the picture, but i'm tired of looking for it...doesn't matter anyway, i suppose...lol

btw, i had no idea that some maglites hold SIX D cell batteries...whoa!!..that's a big long flashlight!

close_enough said:
oh well....i'm getting too frustrated...i know i saw the picture, but i'm tired of looking for it...doesn't matter anyway, i suppose...lol

btw, i had no idea that some maglites hold SIX D cell batteries...whoa!!..that's a big long flashlight!
Cop size ! Heavy and work just as well as a night stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member