AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she supposedly returned after wrecking her car and nobody saw her I would think she would have told someone she had an accident!

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I haven't had time to read every post... I am curious as to if the bf/roommates contacted her parents when she didn't show up at the bf's house. It has been reported that her dad became concerned when she didn't call him on father's day- did he try to contact her or did someone contact the dad? Was the bf worried when she didn't show up and did he try to find her? When did he read the text she was coming over? Wondering if he and/or the roommates tried to contact AS or do any searching prior to the family?

hey ladies and gents! i'm just checking in! :lurk: is this timeline still good? or do i need to add anything to it? i haven't personally seen any other important info released lately, so i just want to make sure i didn't miss something!

bringing this forward. all of the info in this timeline is here because of MSM articles. i haven't put anything here that reflects my own thoughts or opinions.. just trying to keep the "facts" (even if MSM has them wrong) in focus.

Saturday, June 15th

3:00am – Last seen by roommates when she left to go to boyfriend’s home. (1) Her apartment is on Brown & Hardy (as relayed to us by WS members Goblinsolo & 2Hip2BSquare, found by watching news videos and doing a visual of the apartments in the area) previous reports reported her apartment as being on Ash Avenue (6)
3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).
4:10-4:17am – Adrienne’s cell phone called the boyfriend 11 times, but he didn’t answer. (4)
4:23am – Adrienne called the cab company requesting to be picked up at AMPM. Nearest driver was about 20 minutes away. Cab driver’s name is Tom.
4:30am – Person driving to work found naked woman’s body in the street. Not sure if this is related. Near McClintock and Baseline. (2) – this woman has since been identified and her boyfriend has been arrested for murder. Still unknown if related to Adrienne’s disappearance, but I’m keeping this on the timeline just in case, because of the timing.
4:43 or 4:47am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (1 & 4)
5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.
5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)
5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)
5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute.
5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

Sunday, June 16th

2:00pm – AS’s father found her car two blocks away from her apartment. (8)
Her Father called LE that afternoon. (8)

Other known info:
After leaving her disabled car, she walked less than a ¼ mile to her home and changed clothes and left again, leaving her wallet and keys behind. (9)
LE has questioned the cab driver and searched his home. Say he’s not a suspect at this time. (9) LE also took a DNA sample from cab driver (11).
LE did a sweep of Tempe Town Lake and found nothing. (9)
LE says that BF has been cleared and has fully cooperated. (10)
Cab procedures: "In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. (11)
News footage of BF: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
News footage of roommate: http://www.kpho.com/story/22676371/tempe-teen-still-missing-week-and-a-half-later

1: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ching-missing-tempe-woman.html?nclick_check=1
2: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street
3: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2WWHosmWu
4: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html
5: http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6: https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/9109_599855283368143_1108049287_n.jpg
7: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579
8: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
9: http://www.kpho.com/story/22687012/...teen-makes-emotional-plea-for-her-safe-return
10: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...friends-step-up-search-for-missing-Tempe-girl
11: http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out

I am considering whether it is possible that after the car accident Adrienne walked home, changed, made some texts or calls and left to go back to the car for something. Almost every time I get out of my car I forget something I needed!

If she went back to the car this would explain why her things were still at home-that big overnight bag. She planned on having time before the cab arrived to get to the car and retrieve something, lockup, whatever...and run back inside the apartment to grab her stuff before meeting the cab.

This scenario would change the point of abduction which is something I am thinking about.

IMO I have found the cabbie timeline suspicious. So have went round and round with my thoughts there. The red flag-highlight of my continued suspicion is the DNA and search of this person. LE had to have reason beyond suspicion to do this and although he has been cleared as a poi, they have his DNA for a later time if needed.

The BF has been cleared and is cooperating. I believe he has a solid alibi and persons, data to back him up. I have not yet 100% eliminated him but have not thought through a scenario where he would work with the facts known.

The roommate/party. Sometimes we need to look at what LE is not saying and this may be the case here. They have not announced that everyone has been questioned and cleared, in fact they say "this is where things get confusing" and that "almost all of the guests have been located and questioned". The last place where Adrienne was supposedly placed is the apartment. LE say they believe she went home and changed.
Then what?

The BIG OVERNIGHT BAG is a sticking point for me. I have daughters in this age group and they carry big bags all the time. They carry extra clothing (they change at least 3 times a day) , a swim suit, make up, toiletries, hair straighteners, anything they might need should plans come up while they are out and they wouldn't have time to get home and freshen up. There is no explanation that sits right with me personally that would explain her leaving it home. She needed that bag if she was planning on going to the BF and had no car or way to get around. She needed to be a girly girl and freshen up with her BF.

She either never got out of the apartment after returning or planned on going back to the apartment before leaving to catch the cab. What happened to Adreinne?

jmo

As far as the overnight bag...she was on foot now, so maybe did not want to lug it around until she got the cab. Also someone suggested it was no longer really "night" but morning, and since she had already changed her clothes, there might be no need for it.

Not to mention, the BF had already sent her home once that night, so maybe showing up with an overnight bag would not be the best idea.

<snipped>

IMO I have found the cabbie timeline suspicious. So have went round and round with my thoughts there. The red flag-highlight of my continued suspicion is the DNA and search of this person. LE had to have reason beyond suspicion to do this and although he has been cleared as a poi, they have his DNA for a later time if needed.

<snipped>

jmo

RSBM and BBM

I don't necessarily think the cab driver's submission of DNA is suspect. I think it's understandable, to say the very least, that LE take a detailed look at the cab driver due to the circumstances. If I were in the same position as the cab driver, I would be more than happy to submit my DNA, if for no other reason than to rule out the possibility of myself being involved in her abduction. I would be more suspicious of him if he was NOT willing to give a DNA submission. I feel this indicates he has nothing to hide and wants to help by ruling himself out.

I'm not sure what the search of his home indicates, but feel this could be standard procedure due to the circumstances. I don't seem to recall if it was a warrant or if he granted them permission for the search or if that was revealed one way or the other.

JMO.

Cab driver is just too obvious a suspect for me. He would have to be pretty stupid, IMO, to kidnap a fare, knowing there would be a record of her calling the company. Also this driver worked for a family business. It just does not fit for me. Of course, there are stupid criminals everywhere, thank goodness, but I don't think he is the perp.

As far as the overnight bag...she was on foot now, so maybe did not want to lug it around until she got the cab. Also someone suggested it was no longer really "night" but morning, and since she had already changed her clothes, there might be no need for it.

Not to mention, the BF had already sent her home once that night, so maybe showing up with an overnight bag would not be the best idea.

Adrienne is 19. Its 5 oclock in the morning. She was up all night and I would think she would be crashing (sleeping) once she got to the BF house. Being a young girl she would brush her teeth?, get into a comfy t-shirt and sleep shorts and fall soundly to sleep next to BF.

In the am or after a couple hours of sleep and sobering up she would feel, "nasty" and wash her face, brush her teeth, re-apply makeup, and change clothes again. Like I said, I have daughters this age group and know their routines, they are very into their skin, hair, and appearance.

So she either A.) While she was waiting on the cab she begins to freshen up and as she goes through the bag realizes she left something in the car. She walked back to the car to get something she forgot and doesnt make it back from the car.

B.) Someone left at the party whether a friend or guy start trying to talk her out of her plans and there is an altercation. If Adrienne was a train wreck and they wanted to stop her anything could have happened or a drunk guy hitting on her.

jmo

I apologize if this has already been mentioned as I haven't had time to read every post... I am curious as to if the bf/roommates contacted her parents when she didn't show up at the bf's house. It has been reported that her dad became concerned when she didn't call him on father's day- did he try to contact her or did someone contact the dad? Was the bf worried when she didn't show up and did he try to find her? When did he read the text she was coming over? Wondering if he and/or the roommates tried to contact AS or do any searching prior to the family?

Hi! As far as we know, Adriennne's dad called the roommate when he couldn't get in touch with his daughter by phone on Father's Day. He stated he became concerned when she didn't call him on that special day. If he called the boyfriend it hasn't been reported. He must have become worried when the roommate said she had left to see her boyfriend and he went looking for her car. Maybe he did call the boyfriend. I don't know how close they were or if he had his number even. He might have gotten it from the roommate.

It seems from all we have heard and read that no one was worried about Adrienne until her father called looking for her on Father's Day, nearly 32 hours since she was last seen.

The roommates thought she was at her boyfriend's place. The boyfriend didn't know she had left and hadn't been seen by her roommates since early that morning. For whatever reason, maybe tired of fighting etc., he didn't know. Maybe he did try calling her back the next day and his call just went through to her voice mail. We haven't been told his every move. Just that he has been cleared.

But whatever the case, no one knew she was missing for nearly 32 hours, when her dad found her abandoned car.

Hope this helps to bring you up to snuff on that one detail.

:)

RSBM and BBM

I don't necessarily think the cab driver's submission of DNA is suspect. I think it's understandable, to say the very least, that LE take a detailed look at the cab driver due to the circumstances. If I were in the same position as the cab driver, I would be more than happy to submit my DNA, if for no other reason than to rule out the possibility of myself being involved in her abduction. I would be more suspicious of him if he was NOT willing to give a DNA submission. I feel this indicates he has nothing to hide and wants to help by ruling himself out.

I'm not sure what the search of his home indicates, but feel this could be standard procedure due to the circumstances. I don't seem to recall if it was a warrant or if he granted them permission for the search or if that was revealed one way or the other.

JMO.

Cab driver is just too obvious a suspect for me. He would have to be pretty stupid, IMO, to kidnap a fare, knowing there would be a record of her calling the company. Also this driver worked for a family business. It just does not fit for me. Of course, there are stupid criminals everywhere, thank goodness, but I don't think he is the perp.

I share this opinion. I am convinced the cabbie was nothing more than a victim of circumstance, having been the one unlucky enough to be dispatched to pick her up the night/morning she went missing. I also agree that it would have been too obvious for him to kidnap a fare.

I think we need to be careful not to try to pin this on people that LE has already stated they have 'cleared'. It would be a horrible thing to live with other people thinking you did this when you didn't.

JMO

In this article it states Adrienne spoke to the cab company at 4:43. could this be the actual time the cab was called and the owner or father in the interview misspoke? This would account for the cabbie and calls at 5:05 work better with the 20 minutes til he could be to the AMPM.

According to phone records, Salinas had called for a cab and spoke to the driver around 4:43 a.m. The driver was headed to pick her up at a local AM/PM, but Salinas never showed up.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2Yqt0rc2e

Also, this says last seen at 5 am in the area of where the car was left. This was an early report. This could back up my "guess" that Adrienne did go back to the car prior to heading for the AMPM.

Tempe police spokesman Mike Pooley said Adrienne was last seen near Brown and Roosevelt Streets around 5 a.m. Saturday morning.

jmo

Adrienne is 19. Its 5 oclock in the morning. She was up all night and I would think she would be crashing (sleeping) once she got to the BF house. Being a young girl she would brush her teeth?, get into a comfy t-shirt and sleep shorts and fall soundly to sleep next to BF.

In the am or after a couple hours of sleep and sobering up she would feel, "nasty" and wash her face, brush her teeth, re-apply makeup, and change clothes again. Like I said, I have daughters this age group and know their routines, they are very into their skin, hair, and appearance.

So she either A.) While she was waiting on the cab she begins to freshen up and as she goes through the bag realizes she left something in the car. She walked back to the car to get something she forgot and doesnt make it back from the car.

B.) Someone left at the party whether a friend or guy start trying to talk her out of her plans and there is an altercation. If Adrienne was a train wreck and they wanted to stop her anything could have happened or a drunk guy hitting on her.

jmo

Hi Wide! I'm glad you brought this up about the habits of young girls this age. I can see her doing all the things you have described in your post. I think it is important we attempt to think like Adrienne did the morning she vanished.

This is how we solve this case, IMO.

:)

In this article it states Adrienne spoke to the cab company at 4:43. could this be the actual time the cab was called and the owner or father in the interview misspoke? This would account for the cabbie and calls at 5:05 work better with the 20 minutes til he could be to the AMPM.

According to phone records, Salinas had called for a cab and spoke to the driver around 4:43 a.m. The driver was headed to pick her up at a local AM/PM, but Salinas never showed up.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2Yqt0rc2e

Also, this says last seen at 5 am in the area of where the car was left. This was an early report. This could back up my "guess" that Adrienne did go back to the car prior to heading for the AMPM.

Tempe police spokesman Mike Pooley said Adrienne was last seen near Brown and Roosevelt Streets around 5 a.m. Saturday morning.

jmo

That is interesting for sure. But that article was out only a day after it was discovered she was missing. I think LE was still trying to get the facts straight. In later reports the time she called the cab was 4:23 am. This is also verified by Tom Simon, the cab company owner.

I kind of wonder why he didn't call her until 5:05 am myself. Did he sit there waiting at the AMPM for 20 minutes? Or did it just take him longer to get there?

Maybe he had spoken with her earlier than 5:05 but LE just didn't give us all the details.

I think we can safely go with her calling for the cab at 4:23 since this has been reported over and over and over, and at later dates.

Miss D,
Morning.
When you speak to Sgt. Pooley could you pinpoint whether the last seen time quoted in this article is correct? On the Tempe LE page it says 4:30 but there are several mistakes on that page as we now know.
Also, could you pinpoint the time when the actual call for the cab was placed. The above linked article stating the call at 4:43 to cab has been discussed little if at all but sure would change the timeline.

I think early reports can be full of correct info that changes overtime and reporting.
Just thoughts.
Thanks.

jmo

jmo

This is all good. As I was reading this a thought entered my mind.

We don't really know what time Adrienne might have really disappeared, left her apartment, or was taken from her apartment.

If the roommates didn't see her when she came back, it could be because the party had ended and they were all crashed. As you said, she could have freshened up and was planning to take the cab to her boyfriend's house and then it's possible she was so sleepy she just laid down and fell asleep.

After all, she had been drinking and had been up all night long. She surely must have been exhausted from all of that, not to mention the wreck etc.

So, if this was the case, she might have actually fallen asleep for several hours and the roommates could have, probably did sleep for quite a while too, unless one of them had to get up and go to work.

I don't know what the bedroom situation was. Maybe Adrienne had her own room or maybe she shared a room with someone else.

But it's possible, if she had her own room, that her roommates might not have noticed if she was in her bed sleeping.

So, my point is that she could have left her apartment much later than we all think she did.

Just speculating.

<snipped>

I think early reports can be full of correct info that changes overtime and reporting.
Just thoughts.
Thanks.

jmo

I will do what I can, if I can, my friend. I need to make sure it's okay with corporate first. Loving this community and not wanting to violate TOS in any way. Hope you understand.

As for your theory that earlier reports might be more correct, you could be onto something. We all know how stories get twisted and turned the more they go around. ;)

That is interesting for sure. But that article was out only a day after it was discovered she was missing. I think LE was still trying to get the facts straight. In later reports the time she called the cab was 4:23 am. This is also verified by Tom Simon, the cab company owner.

I kind of wonder why he didn't call her until 5:05 am myself. Did he sit there waiting at the AMPM for 20 minutes? Or did it just take him longer to get there?

Maybe he had spoken with her earlier than 5:05 but LE just didn't give us all the details.

I think we can safely go with her calling for the cab at 4:23 since this has been reported over and over and over, and at later dates.

LE is not required to provide inform the public of their investigation. As we can see in the tempe LE page there has been absolutely no new information released or updated. I'm not saying LE doesnt know the timeline just they arent telling the public.
http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579

The cab guy could have misspoke innocently and it was just never corrected. I am going to think on this.

OT/omgoodness, its raining pouring so hard here on my skylights I cant think to type.

sorry if this isnt clear at the moment.

jmo

LE is not required to provide inform the public of their investigation. As we can see in the tempe LE page there has been absolutely no new information released or updated. I'm not saying LE doesnt know the timeline just they arent telling the public.
http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579

The cab guy could have misspoke innocently and it was just never corrected. I am going to think on this.

OT/omgoodness, its raining pouring so hard here on my skylights I cant think to type.

sorry if this isnt clear at the moment.

jmo

I find it very interesting that no new information has been released and the website hasn't been updated. This, along with the frustration the family is posting on their FB pages leads me to believe something has changed with LE and perhaps they have reason to believe she may have gone voluntarily missing, in which case they could not divulge any information at all with regards to where she was, without her permission. This is Arizona law regarding missing adults:

Being a missing person is not a crime. Adults can be missing if they choose to. They can choose to leave work, ignore friends and even family. Because of this, law enforcement is quite limited in what they can do. Even if law enforcement does locate the person, they can not divulge any information about that person without specific permission from that person.

http://www.mesaaz.gov/police/MissingPersons/

From the Mesa Missing persons site. FYI, Mesa is just next to Tempe, but these are Arizona laws that apply to the whole state.

Personally, I think it is very unusual for them not to release any more information when it will be four weeks in two days.

And, there is absolutely no evidence of foul play. This is agonizing.

But keep it up. You are making sense, even if there is no sense to be made.

;)

Has anyone looked at the aunt's fb page this morning? Not the 'missing' page, but the aunt's personal fb page. In her last post she refers to forgiving someone. I can't copy and paste it here, but it seems to be a message to someone. Who? Could it be for Adrienne perhaps? Please take a look if you can and let me know your thoughts on this.

Regarding her leaving the overnight bag...
I am not much older than AS and it was only a few years ago that I was a college girl and went to lots of parties. I can say that it would have been not unusual at all for me to have gone to my boyfriends house after a long night of partying without an overnight bag. Especially if I had been drinking. I did it numerous times. There were, of course, times when I would pack some clothes and toiletries but far more times I ended up places with nothing but my purse. I do think that how comfortable she was with this guy would play a part in whether she made sure she had an overnight bag. If she was super comfortable with him she may not think twice about just heading over there in whatever she had on. I am not saying that this is what happened, as apparently there was an overnight bag of some sort which indicates that she probably did intend to take some necessities, but from the perspective of my not so long ago college days, her not taking anything is not unusual.
my opinion only, just my opinion, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members