AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all that was going on with A on this night, I would be shocked if she was also being pursued by someone from her past or related to her cousin. I feel like she was a wrong place/wrong time victim, always assuming the BF and roomies are in the clear for sure, as they would probably be the highest statistically speaking.

I have decided looking in on the FB pages is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE. I was able to get past the prayer crap (my apologies to those of faith) by coining it "positive thought". Honestly, it is all false hope, IMO. Frankly, if prayer is going to bring her home, prayer should have kept her safe... I'm weary (and wary) of 99.9% of what's going on in the FB diatribe.

That said, if Tia has some SOLID LEAD that LE isn't following, TIA needs to speak the heck up HERE, where things are happening, to people who will listen and ACT.

From the get go, we had a GOAL on fundme of $10,000. Where the heck did that dollar amount come from? $10,000? For the safe return of a loved one. Is it an amount that felt attainable at the time? I don't think so... I think it is TOO SMALL AN AMOUNT for ANY concrete information let alone the SAFE RETURN of a loved one. When questions (comments) arise, out of authentic concern and a desire to help and are discarded or deleted, something is up. If it was a matter of security, of not releasing privileged information, the baiting (albeit hopeful) status updates wouldn't be happening.

We have facts. We have turned them inside out, rubbed them this way and that, examined them in black light, sun light and no light and keep coming up with NOTHING. A lot of theories that lead to the same end: NOTHING.

We've heard nothing from dad for DAYS, all the news reports are copy / pasted "updates". The media is feigning concern and the friends are headed to California, posting about their fave boy band, joining "hangouts" and carrying on as though Adrienne never existed. How freaking sad is that?

I look at social media feeds of her "friends" and the trivia going on between the occasional "shared" flier and wonder what the hell the definition of friend is these days.

I am inclined to believe Miss Demeanor has it nailed. If I were a 19 year old and had an epiphany about my friends / family based on a minor crisis (car accident, fight with bf, etc.) and how little they cared, I'd probably take off too. I'd follow my bliss in the comfort of the knowledge that I was truly alone.

There are way too many patent responses to this situation by people close to her and way too few authentic, emotional responses.

I hope, with all my heart that she surfaces well and wiser. I think WS folks are the only ones who genuinely care and I hope to Gods she is tapped in here from wherever she is and knows that she can be exactly who she is wherever she is and people care.

And mostly I hope that she is at peace and there will be some closure or resolution for those of us who have invested our hearts in her well being.

Angry, cynical, hopeful, me.

Going into "crazy great aunt" mode for a second here, I've a hunch (gut feeling, JMO) to keep an eye out for UIDs in the Albequerque area in relation to Adrienne.

No clue how far it is from Tempe, or anything else.

Feel free to keep it in mind or not, but if I don't put it out there then I'll feel terrible later if something comes of the hunch and I didn't put it down in writing.

ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Sometimes I think if not for my daughter... Just sayin'.

This is what I love about you! Your beautiful honestly!!!

I think we all feel this way from time to time. As we mature we learn that most things are not permanent and if someone breaks your heart you will find someone else who really cherishes it. For those of us who are very sensitive, we may grieve longer, but we will eventually come out of it stronger.

This is what the really young don't understand. It's difficult at any age...for some it's tragic.

I have a feeling it was tragic for Adrienne.

Going into "crazy great aunt" mode for a second here, I've a hunch (gut feeling, JMO) to keep an eye out for UIDs in the Albequerque area in relation to Adrienne.

No clue how far it is from Tempe, or anything else.

Feel free to keep it in mind or not, but if I don't put it out there then I'll feel terrible later if something comes of the hunch and I didn't put it down in writing.

ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

It's only about 6 hours driving time from Tempe to Albuquerque.

I have decided looking in on the FB pages is COUNTER PRODUCTIVE. I was able to get past the prayer crap (my apologies to those of faith) by coining it "positive thought". Honestly, it is all false hope, IMO. Frankly, if prayer is going to bring her home, prayer should have kept her safe... I'm weary (and wary) of 99.9% of what's going on in the FB diatribe.

That said, if Tia has some SOLID LEAD that LE isn't following, TIA needs to speak the heck up HERE, where things are happening, to people who will listen and ACT.

From the get go, we had a GOAL on fundme of $10,000. Where the heck did that dollar amount come from? $10,000? For the safe return of a loved one. Is it an amount that felt attainable at the time? I don't think so... I think it is TOO SMALL AN AMOUNT for ANY concrete information let alone the SAFE RETURN of a loved one. When questions (comments) arise, out of authentic concern and a desire to help and are discarded or deleted, something is up. If it was a matter of security, of not releasing privileged information, the baiting (albeit hopeful) status updates wouldn't be happening.

We have facts. We have turned them inside out, rubbed them this way and that, examined them in black light, sun light and no light and keep coming up with NOTHING. A lot of theories that lead to the same end: NOTHING.

We've heard nothing from dad for DAYS, all the news reports are copy / pasted "updates". The media is feigning concern and the friends are headed to California, posting about their fave boy band, joining "hangouts" and carrying on as though Adrienne never existed. How freaking sad is that?

I look at social media feeds of her "friends" and the trivia going on between the occasional "shared" flier and wonder what the hell the definition of friend is these days.

I am inclined to believe Miss Demeanor has it nailed. If I were a 19 year old and had an epiphany about my friends / family based on a minor crisis (car accident, fight with bf, etc.) and how little they cared, I'd probably take off too. I'd follow my bliss in the comfort of the knowledge that I was truly alone.

There are way too many patent responses to this situation by people close to her and way too few authentic, emotional responses.

I hope, with all my heart that she surfaces well and wiser. I think WS folks are the only ones who genuinely care and I hope to Gods she is tapped in here from wherever she is and knows that she can be exactly who she is wherever she is and people care.

And mostly I hope that she is at peace and there will be some closure or resolution for those of us who have invested our hearts in her well being.

I really like this post of yours. It echoes so many of my own feelings. Well done, SandSage!

:)

Good post!!!

I just dont believe she would have the means to fulfil this epiphany. I don't think she would have been in clear mind at the time when she went missing, and if she took off she would have resurfaced by now. We are almost one month on, I believe she encountered foul play that night. Someone has taken advantage of a distressed vulnerable young girl on the road. JMO

Last night my boyfriend and I went out to a local bar that a lot of the Tempe kids frequent. Most of the staff that works there is from Tempe as well. I spoke with a couple of people who said they knew her and they were of the opinion she could be hiding out to avoid the DUI. These are kids who fear a DUI more than death itself. They told me stories of things they had done to get out of them. To them, it wouldn't be anything strange for someone to go into hiding and then cook up some elaborate story of what happened to them. One said to me "Who would want to spend six weeks in Tent City this time of year?"

Is that how long you are there if you get a DUI?

But then they did confirm how dangerous some parts of Tempe really are and that in their minds there really is a predator around every corner. Everything from the homeless, to drifters, to just plain lowlifes, to druggies, to gangs, to the cartel, and then the really weirdos.

It's a way of life for them...to be aware, to be on the lookout. They indicated they think nothing, however, of being out there walking around in the wee hours.

Good post!!!

I just dont believe she would have the means to fulfil this epiphany. I don't think she would have been in clear mind at the time when she went missing, and if she took off she would have resurfaced by now. We are almost one month on, I believe she encountered foul play that night. Someone has taken advantage of a distressed vulnerable young girl on the road. JMO

Do you think she could have found refuge in a church nearby? I googled Catholic churches in the area. I am assuming she is probably Catholic because she is Hispanic and also because of some comments I read on her Aunt's fb page. I found the City of the Lord Catholic Church only .3 miles away. Her family seems very religious. Maybe she knew the priest and nuns there. Maybe this could explain why she didn't take anything with her. Maybe she had even spoken with them before.

Is it possible she might have taken refuge there in her distress?

The DUI fear would be kind of stupid at this point. They can't charge you with a DUI once the alcohol is out of your blood, so "hiding out" for more than maybe two days makes no sense. Giving up job, pets, family ? I don't believe it. She would have to know, or whoever she is "hiding" with should know that the alcohol content has to be proven. I can see deciding to lay low for the weekend, but we are past a month now. Very wishful thinking, IMO.

Tomorrow it will have been 4 weeks since Adrienne Salinas went missing.

There is nothing in the news again today. No updates from LE.

It appears the investigation has stopped. Maybe the police know where she is now and because of Arizona missing persons laws regarding adults they are not speaking about it.

There hasn't been a new post on the FB 'missing' page or the Aunt's FB page since Thursday.

It is too quiet.

I haven't even attempted to view the Facebook info. It's far too personal for me and doesn't seem to really have any merit legally/credibly speaking.

Tomorrow it will have been 4 weeks since Adrienne Salinas went missing.

There is nothing in the news again today. No updates from LE.

It appears the investigation has stopped. Maybe the police know where she is now and because of Arizona missing persons laws regarding adults they are not speaking about it.

There hasn't been a new post on the FB 'missing' page or the Aunt's FB page since Thursday.

It is too quiet.

Hugs Miss! :(

With all that was going on with A on this night, I would be shocked if she was also being pursued by someone from her past or related to her cousin. I feel like she was a wrong place/wrong time victim, always assuming the BF and roomies are in the clear for sure, as they would probably be the highest statistically speaking.

Thank u thank u! My thought exactly as this case is spinning into oblivion.

haha! It's a good thing we all know exactly what happened and didn't happen since no one else seems to.

LOL!

These cases usually hit us bc they are the victims of "wrong place, wrong time" (just like I believe Elisa Lam was)... These cases hit us on an instinctual level. We KNOW something is wrong and that AS is in danger. And we KNOW that she disappeared quickly - just vanished. Typically these are victims of crimes of opportunity.

We become scared by the fact that we or our children could vanish in the blink of an eye the day before father's day. We fear that if we didn't get that call saying "Happy fathers day daddy! You are the best in the universe and I love you more than anything!" it would mean our child was silenced by someone all too soon. Any of us could be Adrienne. She is ours. That's why we want to find her. I know that's why I do.

Do you think she could have found refuge in a church nearby? I googled Catholic churches in the area. I am assuming she is probably Catholic because she is Hispanic and also because of some comments I read on her Aunt's fb page. I found the City of the Lord Catholic Church only .3 miles away. Her family seems very religious. Maybe she knew the priest and nuns there. Maybe this could explain why she didn't take anything with her. Maybe she had even spoken with them before.

Is it possible she might have taken refuge there in her distress?

Good thought, however, they would have counseled her to come forward and resume her life and to deal with the consequences. They wouldn't have the resources to look after her this whole time. Unless they thought she was in danger from someone or something I don't believe they would encourage a young girl to go into hiding for this length of time. DUI is very serious but many young people make this mistake once in their life, you can recover from it and it can improve your sense of responsibility going forward having been shamed. JMO

Good thought, however, they would have counseled her to come forward and resume her life and to deal with the consequences. They wouldn't have the resources to look after her this whole time. Unless they thought she was in danger from someone or something I don't believe they would encourage a young girl to go into hiding for this length of time. DUI is very serious but many young people make this mistake once in their life, you can recover from it and it can improve your sense of responsibility going forward having been shamed. JMO

It's so strange. I have all the same information that all of you do and I have tried to look at it from all different angles, but I keep coming back to the very same conclusion - that she is out there somewhere wondering how she can come back home to face the music. That she is very troubled and needs our help.

I can't shake it.

She can't be charged with anything, as far as I can see, much less a DUI, after the fact. Leaving the scene of an accident can't be a crime if you did not hit another car or person, at least I don't think it is. Most times, cops won't even come to a wreck unless there are injuries.

Again, I can see freaking out at the moment, but surely not for a month, still thinking you could be charged with a DUI. Anyway, I think the Bf is who she would have run to in any event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3