AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, on NG, they said it was her only car key. ( which is kind of odd...)

Does her apartment complex not have cameras?

I am surprised she was not caught on video in several places. We are always being told how many times per day we are recorded on video...

I am confident that LE has her on camera, and probably more than once. I bet they have someone else on camera also, and probably more than once.

I wonder if those cabs have GPS? I wonder if any cab drivers turned off their phone - er, I mean his "battery died' - around the time hers did?

Thing is, even if cabs have GPS, there would need to be a warrant handed to the company to search them, which may be harder to get. I think that's why police may be having issues with the speed of this investigation.

Unless a cab company expressly gave LE permission to search its cabs, it is doubtful that this has been done - especially to the degree that it would be needed (forensically/electronically/etc.). Even if permission was initially granted, it was probably for cursory searches and minor swabs here and there.

did LE search this portion of town lake which is more nature preserve and not lake? its to west of the pedestrian bridge. hardy actually is accessible to this area by north from ampm area and past her apt...

sleuthin w other forum members... came up with that

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 16
They have a Garmin GPS jus like mine, its in a bunch of the photos he posted on twitter including the one of him right next to the lake. So the GPS would show that.

did LE search this portion of town lake which is more nature preserve and not lake? its to west of the pedestrian bridge. hardy actually is accessible to this area by north from ampm area and past her apt...

sleuthin w other forum members... came up with that

my gut and every goosebump on my body say that's where her phone is.

They have a Garmin GPS jus like mine, its in a bunch of the photos he posted on twitter including the one of him right next to the lake. So the GPS would show that.

Then now I'm starting to wonder if LE didn't have a good reason to go to the lake shortly after her disappearance. If, of course, access to GPS was granted. Or if someone's phone pinged in that area shortly after he left the OReillys/AMPM corridor.

I know some folks might say that searching the lake is standard procedure in cases like this, but I don't believe that. I believe they would most certainly need reasonable suspicion before doing so. They're not going to waste those kinds of costs in resources and man hours to do precautionary things.

NG's page says she's covering some other story tonight, but then again last night her page didn't reflect Adrienne being on it either, until about the time the show started, so who knows.

Respectfully, Tonto, I think you have a great mind, and I know you want to believe that searching the lake is not standard, and I am not sure how to convince you it is, but it is. Alcohol and water and teenagers. It has happened too many times before, and the proximity is right there. Too easy to search it and rule it out - had she been there and her body surfaced later, how could they ever explain NOT searching the lake. It is not a large "lake" at all (and really nothing more than a glorified reservoir.) You might even be able to pitch a bseball from one side of the lake to the other (north/south).

There have been some questions about searches of the cab Adrienne was supposedly in... I don't even know how to say this - there is a chance there is a different cab, no? Not a different cab company, but a different car. There are 2 potential drivers that night, no?

In my book, no one is off the radar, except dad.

LE have searched the cabbie's home, do I remember that correctly? And took a DNA test. So, obviously that led nowhere, otherwise they would have arrested him. I wonder if they processed his cab, forensically I mean? Whether she was in there or not? If they didn't I think that would strongly point to them not believing that he is involved in her disappearance, don't you think?

I can see LE holding on to key pieces of evidence while quietly building a case. I wouldn't necessarily say that any evidence/information already gathered couldn't point to an individual because he/she hasn't been named a POI as of yet. Especially when it's been noted LE is not discussing details.

JMO

Respectfully, Tonto, I think you have a great mind, and I know you want to believe that searching the lake is not standard, and I am not sure how to convince you it is, but it is. Alcohol and water and teenagers. It has happened too many times before, and the proximity is right there. Too easy to search it and rule it out - had she been there and her body surfaced later, how could they ever explain NOT searching the lake. It is not a large "lake" at all (and really nothing more than a glorified reservoir.) You might even be able to pitch a bseball from one side of the lake to the other (north/south).

There have been some questions about searches of the cab Adrienne was supposedly in... I don't even know how to say this - there is a chance there is a different cab, no? Not a different cab company, but a different car. There are 2 potential drivers that night, no?

And when you say "dad", you are referring to Adrienne's dad. Am I correct?

Understood, but it just seems like a lot to go through - that quickly - if there wasn't at least a reasonable corroboration of facts/evidence that compelled them to implement their typical protocol. I will defer that to you, however, since you are in the area and have a better gauge of normal LE behavior/procedure.

northside of that lake, vantage of the stadium facing south? you can drive right up. its on OTHER SIDE of lake, looking into downtown tempe

accesible withing mins, from hardy area/

i argued prior, U CANT drive up to lake. i was wrong. a certain few pics tipped me otherwise

I can see LE holding on to key pieces of evidence while quietly building a case. I wouldn't necessarily say that any evidence/information already gathered couldn't point to an individual because he/she hasn't been named a POI as of yet. Especially when it's been noted LE is not discussing details.

JMO

Sure, you are right. But why not search the car or cars? Why search the home of the cabbie, and the lake (twice) - but not the car? I don't understand it. It doesn't make sense to me, especially if they want to build a case.

Sure, you are right. But why not search the car or cars? Why search the home of the cabbie, and the lake (twice) - but not the car? I don't understand it. It doesn't make sense to me, especially if they want to build a case.

The car isn't owned by the cab driver. It is owned by the company he works for. Without a warrant to the company, or an officer /legal rep of the company (in this case, probably dad) giving LE express permission to confiscate it for a comprehensive search, they can't touch it. Even if it was parked at his home.

IDK. They do have to list what they are specifically searching for in a warrant, perhaps they're still getting that dialed in. And also there is the reasoning that Tonto stated; I'm sure that comes into play, as well.

I guess I should say they can't touch it unless they have probable cause - like a smell or visible blood, etc. Otherwise they would need a warrant or permission from an officer/legal rep of the company.

The car isn't owned by the cab driver. It is owned by the company he works for. Without a warrant to the company, or an officer /legal rep of the company (in this case, probably dad) giving LE express permission to confiscate it for a comprehensive search, they can't touch it. Even if it was parked at his home.

Dad would obviously want his son to be un-distraught ASAP so I"d think he'd let 'em investigate all that ASAP so they can be cleared.

If I had cops suspecting me of something, and the rest of the world, and I didn't do that something, I would try to do what it took to prove it, then I'd probably give 'em hell. But proving it comes first. That's easy enough... let LE take a peek-a-doodle-doo.

IMO

well, what company is it that owns these cars? Find me a business registered in the state of AZ that owns this company. I am stumped.

And yes, I was referring to Adrienne's father upthread when I mentiond who was clear IM MY BOOK. My dad is clear too, though. =)

Interesting question though. No I have to figure out why you asked.... hmmmm...

have the search warrants been released? How does anyone know that any car was or was not searched?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vingigi