AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure LE has more info and evidence than they've released. I'm not so sure that hording it will help them find Adrienne. I understand the need to keep things close to the vest for investigative and prosecuting purposes, but oftentimes that doesn't help find the missing person. They'd rather have a case go cold than release certain info. I don't envy their dilemma at all.

If LE holds back anything in a MP case, you can be sure it will go cold, IMO. I just don't get it. Find the person, build the case later. You likely won't have a case anyway, if the person is not found.

I'm sure LE has more info and evidence than they've released. I'm not so sure that hording it will help them find Adrienne. I understand the need to keep things close to the vest for investigative and prosecuting purposes, but oftentimes that doesn't help find the missing person. They'd rather have a case go cold than release certain info. I don't envy their dilemma at all.

My sentiments exactly. At this point - with what we know - it seems like the only answer is stranger abduction which means she could be anywhere.

I keep coming back to George. This morning I woke up with some possible scenarios that seemed rather clear (will post shortly).

It would be helpful to see the police report from that case as well.

What would be the point of "planting" her items in the apartment? It would be easy enough to say she never returned after taking off in her car, rather than planting evidence and saying no one saw her.

I agree but then if her stuff wasn't found in her car where they should been, red flag. If they were found along the road, possible where something bad could have happened.. Could have been a clue. Or if something happened at another house or car.. If they find her stuff at her apartment they would never know she was here.

I don't see why it would be a red flag if her car was found without her stuff. Most likely, she would take her bag and keys, etc. when leaving her car. Makes no sense to me for anyone to pretend she made it home if she did not. And then fake all those calls? No I believe she made it home and made all the calls.

What would be the point of "planting" her items in the apartment? It would be easy enough to say she never returned after taking off in her car, rather than planting evidence and saying no one saw her.

Not sure if this is in response to my post saying I was going to pretend she was never there since nobody saw here there - if so, then it's just an exercise pure and simple. I'm intentionally ignoring those inconsistencies for now and just going back to bare bones facts for my own ease of shifting mental gears.

In all likelihood, I wouldn't be doing this if I had a copy of the police report. But without hard, cold facts I have little to go on but my imagination, so this is how I'm using it today.

One thing I've been meaning to mention but keep forgetting to do so:

I don't wear a watch, but am always keeping an eye on the time during work throughout the day, on different clocks in different rooms / places. I've noticed the 7 clocks I see daily vary up to 5 minutes from each other.

Saturday, June 15th:

10:00pm (Friday night) – 5:00am (Saturday morning) – Length of the party at Adrienne’s apartment (17).

2:30am – “Last seen by roommates” when she left to go to boyfriend’s home (1). Her apartment is on Brown & Hardy (as relayed to us by WS members Goblinsolo & 2Hip2BSquare, found by watching news videos and doing a visual of the apartments in the area) previous reports reported her apartment as being on Ash Avenue (6) *There is a discrepancy here as there was a roommate that did see her after the argument with the boyfriend occurred and Adrienne returned home. Time has been updated to reflect time of 2:30am, as indicated on Nancy Grace show. The boyfriend told LE that Adrienne was upset with him for talking to other people at the party and not paying enough attention to her. He said Adrienne asked him to leave but later followed him to his car and said she wanted him to drive her to Scottsdale so they could talk more. The argument continued during the drive and at his home (14). Arteaga said they continued to argue about their relationship, even when they arrived at his house, police said. Arteaga said during their argument inside the house, he stepped out to get some air and when he came back, Salinas was gone, police said. Arteaga said he found Salinas walking toward Indian School Road and told her he would take her home (16). So he gave her a ride to 5th Street & Mill Avenue where she jumped out of his car and walked the rest of the way home (14).

3:22am - Adrienne’s boyfriend called one of her roommates to tell the roommate that Adrienne was walking home so she could meet her (15). The roommate, Rebecca Flores, told LE she went out on her bike to look for Adrienne but didn’t find her until she (Rebecca) returned back to the apartment.

3:30am – Rebecca said that Adrienne was “calmly upset” over the argument with her boyfriend (13) also reported in source (17). After Adrienne & Rebecca spoke outside on the grass, Adrienne went upstairs to her room and packed a small bag but Rebecca didn’t see Adrienne leave (13). Adrienne told her roommates that she was going to go back to the boyfriend’s home & she packed an overnight bag (17).

3:35 - 3:40am – According to police timeline, this is the time that Adrienne packed her bag and drove away. Two people reported seeing her drive away from her apartment at 3:40 (17).

3:44am – Police received a 911 call that Adrienne’s car had hit a median at Ash & Rio Salado Parkway. Passerby saw car driving erratically behind her, so she moved over and let the car pass. (4) The witness said the car passed her near the Rio Salado Parkway and struck a curb, flattening both the driver's-side tires.. the car sped off before the witness could check on the driver (13). Adrienne’s car was then driven less than a mile to Brown and Roosevelt. Police say that from there, she walked a ¼ mile back to her apartment where she changed clothes, leaving behind her wallet and keys. (9) Witness says “they” in her 911 call. Operator asked how many people she thought was in the car and the witness said she thought there were two, she thought she saw one in the passenger seat. (10).

APPROX 3:47am – Adrienne’s car could have reached the location it was parked after being crashed. The distance from the crash site to the abandoned vehicle is .5 miles. (18)

APPROX 3:54am – This is about the time that Adrienne could have arrived at her house after parking her crashed car. Walking from the abandoned car location to her apartment is .4 miles and would take about 7 minutes to walk. (18)

4:10-4:17am – Adrienne’s cell phone called the boyfriend 11 times, but he didn’t answer. (4 & 17)

4:10-4:50am – Per NG show, there were 32 calls from Adrienne to her BF during this time. See GGE’s transcriptions. BF tells LE he was sleeping during this time (17).

[unknown time] Adrienne called the cab company and it’s believed that she left a message and dispatch called her back. See 4:23 time. (NG show).

4:23-4:26am – It was originally believed that Adrienne called the cab company requesting to be picked up at AMPM at 4:23am. Nearest driver was about 20 minutes away. Cab driver’s name is Tom (11). Time of call was 3 minutes, according to NG show. Cab driver’s father changed information and said that the 4:23 call was from taxi dispatch to Adrienne’s phone. Per cab driver’s father, Adrienne’s call could have come in to the taxi company before then and she left a message, so dispatch called her back at 4:23, the call was then a 3 minute call (NG show) but then this was changed to a 4 minute call according to “Cab Guy” timeline (24). Police timeline says that she called for a cab at 4:23 (17).

4:30am – Person driving to work found naked woman’s body in the street. Not sure if this is related. Near McClintock and Baseline (2) – this woman has since been identified and her boyfriend has been arrested for murder. Still unknown if related to Adrienne’s disappearance, but I’m keeping this on the timeline just in case, because of the timing.

4:33-4:36am – Per WS member “Cab Guy”, Adrienne called the cabbie again at this time. Duration of call was 3 minutes. (post #1045, dated 7/25, thread#4) (24) **”Cab Guy” timeline was updated next day (7/26) showing that this call actually took place at 4:37am (see next).

4:37am – Cab Company calls Adrienne back, call lasts 3 minutes (NG show timeline). Per WS member “Cab Guy”, the 4:33am time (above) was changed to 4:37am. Per “Cab Guy”, Adrienne called the cabbie again at this time. Duration of call was 3 minutes. (post #227, dated 7/26, thread#5) (25).

4:43am – Text sent from Adrienne’s phone to boyfriend’s phone said she was going to his house. (17)

4:52am – A slender woman was seen in the west parking lot of O’Reilly’s Auto Parts on the surveillance cameras . Address is 1002 W. University Ave. (12) It has not been confirmed whether or not the woman seen is Adrienne.

4:53am – Cab driver called Adrienne and she told him that she was on her way there. According to police timeline released by MSM, the cab driver called Adrienne at this time when he couldn’t find her at the convenience store at Hardy & University. She says she’s on her way. (17)

4:53am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that Adrienne called the cabbie (not the other way around), cabbie was still on his way there. (posted 7/25) (22). On 7/26, “Cab Guy” posted an updated timeline that says that this was a 1 minute call and the cabbie was on the other line. Cabbie clicked over and told Adrienne he was on his way and Adrienne said “I’ll be there in a minute) (posted 7/26) (25).

4:54am – A dark 4 door vehicle was seen heading northbound in the O’Reillys parking lot 2 minutes later on the surveillance cameras (12).

5:00am – Party at Adrienne’s apartment ended (17).

5:00am – Last seen near Brown & Roosevelt streets. (3) Another reports states last seen at this location at 4:30am (7) -- not sure who she was last seen BY, or if this goes off pings, but this is also the same location her car was found.

APPROX 5:01am – approximate time she could have left her apartment, if we’re to take her “I’ll be there in a minute” call literally. Distance from her apartment to AMPM is .3 miles, or 6 minutes walking (18). NOTE: this approx. time would be incorrect if the “Cab Guy” timeline is correct that she said she’d be there in a minute on the 4:53am call.

5:01am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post that raw video showed Tom arriving at 5:01am. (22) Screenshots showing the cabbie arriving at AMPM at 5:00:05, stopped in front of AMPM through 05:00:17, then leaving the front of AMPM at 05:00:28 are located at post# 11, thread 5 (27).

5:04am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station. (11)

5:05am - Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne to make sure she was headed to the gas station (again). (11) Previous reports indicated: Police said Adrienne called a cab company, but the cabbie couldn’t find her at a Tempe convenience store. (4) “Salinas asked for a driver to meet her at the AMPM gas station at the intersection of Hardy & University. Investigators told CBS 5 she never made it there” (5). LE saw surveillance of cab driver at AMPM but there was no sign of Adrienne there. LE subsequently questioned the cab driver and searched his home. AMPM is less than ¼ mile from Adrienne’s apartment. (9)

5:05am – WS member “Cab Guy” stated in a post (#1043, dated 7/25, thread#4) that Tom called Adrienne at this time to tell her that he was almost there (21). On 7/26, “Cab Guy” revised this time to actually be that the cabbie called Adrienne, it rang several times then went to voicemail, so he left a message (posted 7/26) (25).

5:06am – Adrienne called the cab driver (Tom) saying she’d be there in a minute. On 7/26, “Cab Guy” stated that at this time, the cabbie called Adrienne, it rang several times then went to voicemail, so he left a message (again) (posted 7/26) (25). Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called Adrienne again at 5:06am and it rang once and then went to voicemail, so he hung up (posted 7/26) (25).

5:07am – Cab driver (Tom) called Adrienne again, looking for her, but the phone went to voicemail. (11) Her phone was turned off (1) or died (8).

5:08am – Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called another driver to collect money from him (26).

5:10am – Per “Cab Guy” timeline, cabbie called the same driver to collect money from him (26).

Sunday, June 16th:

2:00pm – AS’s father found her car two blocks away from her apartment. (8)
Her Father called LE that afternoon (8), after going to her apartment to check on her and finding the door unlocked. He was very concerned because she hadn’t called him for Father’s Day (20).

Other known info:
Per “Cab Guy”, the cabbie doesn’t remember Adrienne (or her demeanor), but he does remember getting stood up after driving a long way. Cabbie works night shift and supervises the night drivers (26).
Per “Cab Guy”, the cabbie’s shift ends right about 5:00am. After not picking up Adrienne, he headed to “Cab Guy”s house, 3 miles N/E in Tempe to turn in cash and fill “Cab Guy” in on the evening (26).
Per “Cab Guy”, there was no record of Adrienne’s name or number in their system from any other time than the night/morning she went missing (25).
Per WS member Cab Guy, post 1038: Cabbie took & made a total of 20 calls from 4:23am-5:10am (“very busy”) and 6 of those calls were to/from Adrienne.
According to news reports, BF & Cabbie have both been cleared by LE (17).
Per Admin Tricia: Also Sargent Pooley wanted me to reiterate the following: The Cab Driver's story matches up with his GPS, his cellphone pings, and everything else he has given the police. He did not go anywhere that night other than what he told the police. His GPS backs up his story as do the cellphone pings. While no one is ever cleared the Cab Driver is not high on their list since his story checks out. (19)
After leaving her disabled car, she walked less than a ¼ mile to her home and changed clothes and left again, leaving her wallet and keys behind. (9)
LE has questioned the cab driver and searched his home. Say he’s not a suspect at this time. (9) LE also took a DNA sample from cab driver (11).
LE did a sweep of Tempe Town Lake and found nothing. (9)
LE says that BF has been cleared and has fully cooperated. (10)
Cab procedures: "In a place like this, they would get out, look around, make sure the person wasn't in the store," Simon said. He said his son did just that but never saw Salinas. (11)
Francisco Arteaga told police Salinas was upset with him after a party at her apartment because she felt he “was not paying enough attention to her,” according to the report. (13)
Adrienne has a small dog that she never leaves home without bringing it or making sure someone will care for it while she’s gone (13).
The police report said Adrienne had no source of income and that her father gave her money for her living expenses, including $10 for gas a few days before she vanished. (14)
Adrienne only had one set of car keys for her car (NG show)
No one saw her return to the apartment after her accident (NG show).
Sgt. Pooley said that there were things on the passenger seat and back seats that indicate to them that there was only one person in the car, the driver (NG show).
News footage of BF: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
News footage of roommate: http://www.kpho.com/story/22676371/tempe-teen-still-missing-week-and-a-half-later

1: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...ching-missing-tempe-woman.html?nclick_check=1
2: http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/story/22601008/police-naked-body-of-woman-found-in-tempe-street
3: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-missing-woman-Adrienne-Salinas#ixzz2WWHosmWu
4: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...sing-tempe-student-search-continues-abrk.html
5: http://www.kpho.com/story/22627002/...red?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
6: https://photos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/9109_599855283368143_1108049287_n.jpg
7: http://www.tempe.gov/index.aspx?page=31&recordid=1579
8: http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/20130624missing-tempe-woman-reward.html
9: http://www.kpho.com/story/22687012/...teen-makes-emotional-plea-for-her-safe-return
10: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...friends-step-up-search-for-missing-Tempe-girl
11: http://kpho.membercenter.worldnow.c...cab-company-called-by-missing-teen-speaks-out
12: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/18/adrienne-salinas-missing_n_3618785.html
13: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...linas-left-home-after-argument-with-boyfriend
14: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...tempe-missing-woman-friends-family-vigil.html
15: http://www.azfamily.com/news/Missing-Tempe-teen-new-information--215943951.html
16: http://www.kpho.com/story/22869930/police-report-sheds-light-prior-to-tempe-teens-disappearance
17: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...mystery-deepens-case-missing-tempe-woman.html
18: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
19: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
20: http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/07/24/adrienne-salinas-mystery-missing-tempe-teen
21: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
22: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
23: Cab driver ruled out as suspect in Tempe teen's disappearance - YouTube
24: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #4
25: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
26: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
27: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - AZ - Adrienne Salinas, 19, Tempe , 15 June 2013 - #5
***PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TIMES IN PURPLE ARE APPROXIMATE TIMES, GOING OFF OF DISTANCES FROM VARIOUS POINTS AND BASING THOSE TIMES OFF OF TIMES PROVIDED TO US FROM LE/MSM. THEY ARE NOT TO BE MISTAKEN AS FACTUAL TIMES, BUT MERELY AN AID TO UNDERSTANDING APPROXIMATE TIMES THAT THESE THINGS COULD HAVE OCCURRED. ALL PURPLE TIMES ARE IMO. TIMES IN ORANGE ARE UN-VERIFIED TIMES PROVIDED BY CAB GUY, A VERIFIED INSIDER.***

Thank you for this. Really awesome job. I think my timeline related brain fog might finally be slightly dissipating! I felt a glimmer of comprehension for the first time. :)

Just trying to go over a few things in my head and get my thoughts together.

Personally, I don't think Douglas Ray George had anything to do with this case. I think it's an unfortunate and tragic coincidence.

I think it was her who made the phone calls to the cabbie. She was calling her boyfriend on and off the whole time too and if it was someone else, what were they expecting to happen if he answered? He'd have to be in on it too, and LE said he isn't.

Today I think I'm leaning towards random abduction when her guard was down.

Still curious why she would have Cab Guy pick her up at the AMPM at that hour (especially) and not at her apartment???

What did she need to do along the way from her apartment to the AMPM at that hour?

Maybe she rode a junky old bike from apartment to AMPM?

I wonder if any have been found in that immediate route?

Just speculating ... (shades of Mickey Shunick, r.i.p.)......

moo

One thing I've been meaning to mention but keep forgetting to do so:

I don't wear a watch, but am always keeping an eye on the time during work throughout the day, on different clocks in different rooms / places. I've noticed the 7 clocks I see daily vary up to 5 minutes from each other.

so true.. times could have come from any number of places. the thing about cell phones is that (i think) most of them are automatically updated? also - i'm guessing most people her age would probably check times on their phones, so hopefully the times were all correct. luckily most of the times we have to go off of are documented, cell records, video times, so they can be checked for accuracy. the problem with the witness accounts of time (seeing her drive off at 3:40am) is you have to wonder how accurate they are. did they base it off of having looked at their phone at 3:35 and it seemed like 5 minutes later that they saw her leave? granted, this 3:40 time can kind of be backed up by the accident happening 4 minutes later approx. 4 minutes from her apartment. but hopefully you catch my drift!

Still curious why she would have Cab Guy pick her up at the AMPM at that hour (especially) and not at her apartment???

What did she need to do along the way from her apartment to the AMPM at that hour?

moo

Jumping off your post here...maybe she felt the need to get far away from her apartment as soon as possible for a particular reason? (having to do with the people who were there?) OR Maybe she was afraid the cops would find her car, run her plate, and come back knocking on her apartment door...

so true.. times could have come from any number of places. the thing about cell phones is that (i think) most of them are automatically updated? also - i'm guessing most people her age would probably check times on their phones, so hopefully the times were all correct. luckily most of the times we have to go off of are documented, cell records, video times, so they can be checked for accuracy. the problem with the witness accounts of time (seeing her drive off at 3:40am) is you have to wonder how accurate they are. did they base it off of having looked at their phone at 3:35 and it seemed like 5 minutes later that they saw her leave? granted, this 3:40 time can kind of be backed up by the accident happening 4 minutes later approx. 4 minutes from her apartment. but hopefully you catch my drift!

Indeed. I'm hoping all surveillance footage time stamps, etc. have been double checked for accuracy down to the minute.

I'm new here but have reading cases here for a long time.
Maybe she wanted to get picked up at the AMPM instead of her apartment so her roommates didn't see the cab pick her up and start asking questions about her car. Just a thought.

Who here thinks that LE knows more than what has been released? (ok, maybe I'm too hopeful).
Also, I believe the FBI has been brought in to help the Tempe LE, right?

Yes fbi came in just a week or two after her disappearance. Sometimes the police will have more advanced resources/tech provided by FBI for SAR efforts. I think that's what was going on with their involvement IMO from all reports I read.

Welcome potatoes!!!
:welcome:

(I wish I had some potatoes right now to go with my bacon for my Sunday breakfast!)

So, a violent murderer, who had just murdered a young twenty something year old brunette, was around the exact same area around the exact same time. Just can't let it go.

I'm new here but have reading cases here for a long time.
Maybe she wanted to get picked up at the AMPM instead of her apartment so her roommates didn't see the cab pick her up and start asking questions about her car. Just a thought

So just have the cab pick you up around the corner at an exact time which would be one minute from your apartment's front door, right?

I NEVER have a cab pick me up far from the front door of where I am----I'm funny like that. Why walk anywhere when you've just called a cab. It kinda' defeats the purpose, if ykwim????

The AMPM was quite a few blocks away.......

moo

Yeah. I believe she intended to originally go straight from her car to the AMPM when she called the cab company, but it took 15 minutes for them to call her back so I think she decided to just walk home and change while waiting for the call back.

I don't think she had the chance to ever tell him to show up to her house instead as she no longer was going straight to the AMPM from her car. Idk...

So just have the cab pick you up around the corner at an exact time which would be one minute from your apartment's front door, right?

I NEVER have a cab pick me up far from the front door of where I am----I'm funny like that. Why walk anywhere when you've just called a cab. It kinda' defeats the purpose, if ykwim????

The AMPM was quite a few blocks away.......

Good point, just trying to think of a reason to not have the cab pick her up at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne