Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so happy to hear that Alicia and her Mother have been reunited. I hope that they can find peace, and be able to heal together. I hope Alicia can grow and become the woman she wants to be.

I am almost starting to wonder if Alicia may have walked into that Police station knowing the pressure that would come from it. If she did that was very brave. I think that would be the only part I wish would be shared.
I've been wondering this too! She's so brave and smart!

This is just speculation but I've been wondering if Alicia came forward after seeing ED online doing the same thing he did to Alicia. Psychologically, that must have been so difficult to navigate :( I know it's no ones business but I hope we get answers some day. Just to know how this happened and where she was this whole time.

I'm just so glad to know Alicia is now home safe with her mom! It's been so many years, I would check in and have the worst thoughts and fears. A case like Alicias is so rare. I can't imagine what her mother went through this entire time. Amazing that piece of garbage who lured her out all those years ago is behind bars where he belongs. ED would still be out there, hurting innocent young people if not for Alicia. She's so brave!

I’m back and forth between:
1- she went to the police to clear her missing status because she needed ID, etc to get work and did not think there would be any ramifications (not sure if this was without ED’s knowledge? Or maybe with his knowledge because he was dumb enough to think he was clear since she is 18?) OR
2 - she conscientiously went to the police to escape the situation she was in, and was very brave to do so

I lean toward #1 because she was 14 when she went missing and has probably not had much education or life lesson guidance since then, as well as being described as having autism. Obviously I do not know her, but I do have a 14 year old - they are still so so young.

I am so glad she is out of that situation and with her mother. I wish her all the best and hope she gets all the assistance she needs to live a happy life.

Yes! It’s so good that Glendale PD chose to continue investigating this crime after Alicia reappeared in MT. It was very disturbing there was so much pressure to sweep the abduction and child abuse under the rug simply because Alicia had reached the age of consent when she finally came forward.

I've been wondering this too! She's so brave and smart!

This is just speculation but I've been wondering if Alicia came forward after seeing ED online doing the same thing he did to Alicia. Psychologically, that must have been so difficult to navigate :( I know it's no ones business but I hope we get answers some day. Just to know how this happened and where she was this whole time.

I'm just so glad to know Alicia is now home safe with her mom! It's been so many years, I would check in and have the worst thoughts and fears. A case like Alicias is so rare. I can't imagine what her mother went through this entire time. Amazing that piece of garbage who lured her out all those years ago is behind bars where he belongs. ED would still be out there, hurting innocent young people if not for Alicia. She's so brave!
Agree, he was probably preparing to abduct his next victim. He may have been pressuring Alicia to assist him. It has happened before, unfortunately.

There are a lot of gray areas in this case, and one can certainly put themselves in the position of a mother and want to go in and find a way to force Alicia to come home and rescue her immediately. However, the answer of how to help Alicia, in my opinion, is not to overly focus on her. She did not commit a crime. As @BeginnerSleuther points out, she should not be punished for "bad decisions" - especially if those were and may not be of her own making.

I believe it is best to let the investigation play out. If this guy she is with did indeed commit a crime by grooming her when she was a minor and luring her away from those who have legal custody, he is the criminal and should be brought to justice. Once he is arrested, Alicia can then perhaps make different decisions, but it may not happen in the timetable we think it should.

Either way, I pray Alicia is safe - physically and mentally.

I was just introduced to this case by a co-sleuther, Betty P. I made a decision to "like" one post and ding-ding-ding! This is the winner!

Dude committed crimes. (This is now a fact, as time has passed.) That's what matters.

AN is entitled to an autonomous, healthy life of her own. She is entitled to her own feelings and interpretations of what she has experienced, and she is entitled to change her perceptions if her feelings and analyses change. She is entitled to share these processes or keep them private as she chooses.

But AN's process is unrelated to the crimes. AN's feelings are not elements of any potential crime. She loves him? Fears him? Respects his gaming stats? Who cares! None of this changes his crimes.

Kidnapping and rape, in particular, can be committed against someone who loves you, or against someone you love. AN is entitled to her love/hate/fear/friendship or whatever. No feelings are her part absolve any possible criminal actions on his part.

MOO

I was just introduced to this case by a co-sleuther, Betty P. I made a decision to "like" one post and ding-ding-ding! This is the winner!

Dude committed crimes. (This is now a fact, as time has passed.) That's what matters.

AN is entitled to an autonomous, healthy life of her own. She is entitled to her own feelings and interpretations of what she has experienced, and she is entitled to change her perceptions if her feelings and analyses change. She is entitled to share these processes or keep them private as she chooses.

But AN's process is unrelated to the crimes. AN's feelings are not elements of any potential crime. She loves him? Fears him? Respects his gaming stats? Who cares! None of this changes his crimes.

Kidnapping and rape, in particular, can be committed against someone who loves you, or against someone you love. AN is entitled to her love/hate/fear/friendship or whatever. No feelings are her part absolve any possible criminal actions on his part.

MOO

AN is most definitely the victim here. I'm so glad she's making her way back home and to her previous life again. Things won't be the same for her, she's experienced a lot. But she has the love and support of her mother and family.

So true.

So is Alicia reunited with mum?
A PI says hang on a minute.

So is Alicia reunited with mum?
A PI says hang on a minute.
It seems we’ve mostly heard other people speaking for and about Alicia. I wonder what Alicia herself would have to say.

In fact, with all the attention that’s been on this case, I’ve wondered if there’s something in the works with a journalist and that’s why we haven’t heard much. Unless Alicia just wants her privacy, which would definitely make sense too. Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
I think she is and they really want privacy and to have the media leave them alone.
That's what I thought too but then I wondered why Alicia's mother and/or Trent Steele, co-founder of the Anti-Predator Project, would make these public statements. I mean, that is them voluntarily giving up privacy by going to the media, not the other way around.

After all, AN's mother had already thanked everyone and requested privacy. But now the public is engaged all over again, with AN's mother's public update that AN won't be joining her for a news conference, while not saying why. Trent Steele has also re-ignited public interest imo with his hints that "maybe AN returned to her mother and maybe she didn't." And also with his statements about how someone else is falsely claiming to be the family's spokesperson. That's all pretty intriguing stuff!

My understanding is that a situation in the news quickly fades from the public eye when the news on it stops. And that each time there's another piece of news, a flurry of attention starts up again.

I don't have any particular theory on it, just wondering what's going on here. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it, who knows. MOO

Last edited:
She needs to be left alone. It rubs me the wrong way that other people are speaking for her and releasing stuff about her and her life.
I agree. Having said that, we should keep in mind that some of these sources practice shoddy journalism. The Daily Mail is mostly a tabloid kind of "news source".

It sounds like his words were taken out of context. Basically saying they won't confirm or deny where AN is and asking for privacy. Pretty standard IMO. It's the "news source" that is the problem!

I agree. Having said that, we should keep in mind that some of these sources practice shoddy journalism. The Daily Mail is mostly a tabloid kind of "news source".

It sounds like his words were taken out of context. Basically saying they won't confirm or deny where AN is and asking for privacy. Pretty standard IMO. It's the "news source" that is the problem!
If there are no words being said, there are no words to be taken out of context. Just saying.

Alicia Navarro, the Arizona teenager who vanished in 2019 before reappearing four years later, has been reunited with her family.

“The support, prayers and love my family has received from all over the world for the last four years have been truly inspiring,” Navarro’s mother, Jessica Nunez, said in a Nov. 1 video posted to Facebook. “This has been a very difficult journey, but it has a happy ending and today my family is complete again.”

Alicia Navarro Reunited with Her Mother Years After She Went Missing as Teen

November 2, 2023 04:58PM EDT

If there are no words being said, there are no words to be taken out of context. Just saying.
To be clear, I meant that journalists & news outlets take things out of context.

True, the PI should have made no comment instead of saying "maybe she's home, maybe she's not home, I can't say" (not a direct quote obv).

That's what I thought too but then I wondered why Alicia's mother and/or Trent Steele, co-founder of the Anti-Predator Project, would make these public statements. I mean, that is them voluntarily giving up privacy by going to the media, not the other way around.

After all, AN's mother had already thanked everyone and requested privacy. But now the public is engaged all over again, with AN's mother's public update that AN won't be joining her for a news conference, while not saying why. Trent Steele has also re-ignited public interest imo with his hints that "maybe AN returned to her mother and maybe she didn't." And also with his statements about how someone else is falsely claiming to be the family's spokesperson. That's all pretty intriguing stuff!

My understanding is that a situation in the news quickly fades from the public eye when the news on it stops. And that each time there's another piece of news, a flurry of attention starts up again.

I don't have any particular theory on it, just wondering what's going on here. Or maybe I'm just over-thinking it, who knows. MOO
I think they do want AN out of the spotlight. Perhaps they’re so inundated now that they can’t wait for the news to move on.
So now they’re backtracking on the word that she returned home and telling the public she won’t be doing a news conference.

That’s good, IMO. This young woman has gone through so much. If they move/live somewhere different than before, I think she has a good chance of fading into obscurity. I hope so. She’s got a steep hill to climb.

I think they do want AN out of the spotlight. Perhaps they’re so inundated now that they can’t wait for the news to move on.
So now they’re backtracking on the word that she returned home and telling the public she won’t be doing a news conference.

That’s good, IMO. This young woman has gone through so much. If they move/live somewhere different than before, I think she has a good chance of fading into obscurity. I hope so. She’s got a steep hill to climb.
Gotcha. That would make sense imo. If the mother and the family spokesperson thought their words might actually decrease public interest rather than increase it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro