Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Some of the images were children under the age of 13 and some were children under the age of five, the affidavit alleges, and other images are allegedly of boys and prepubescent girls.

The phone also “contained images of infants and toddlers and other computer-generated or animated content showing children being sexualized,” the affidavit alleges.

During their searches, authorities were also trying to gather information about how Navarro came to be living in Havre, according to the affidavit.
[snip]
He is being held on $1 million bond in the Hill County Detention Center. It is unclear whether he has retained an attorney who can speak on his behalf.
Boyfriend of Former Missing Teen Alicia Navarro Charged with Child Sexual Abuse

Rsbm

A very real concern here. Shades of JayceeD.

And another potential hold over her.

Huge step arresting him on CSAM charges.

All the strength in the world to AN and her mother --

JMO
When her mom came out and said, “please leave them alone. Things are happening but harassing them can cause more problems.” or something to that effect, she likely had been told by LE that things were in the works and he would ultimately be popped.

That’s what I thought at the time. Although I never imagined this!!

And society has systems in place that are doing just that. That doesn't mean that every individual is entitled to all of the private information involved.

Although I personally believe that AN was most likely with ED since the date she vanished from AZ, it's a fact that neither the defendant nor the victim were on the radar of LE until AN presented herself to Havre, MT, as an adult, where she affirmed she was not being held against her will, and was not in danger. In other words, up until AN entered the police department, by all accounts known to us, the defendant and AN were law abiding citizens, sharing a residence.

And up until the AZ PD presented probable cause to obtain a search warrant for the residence where the previously missing victim, AN, was residing, I agree ED was still entitled to privacy and protection afforded him by the U.S. Constitution.

IMO, AZ PD's reasons for seeking a search warrant proved to be justified when the search resulted in evidence causing ED's arrest for serious allegations involving minor children.

I think only time and patience are relevant now as to when details surrounding AN's disappearance and her whereabouts might eventually be publicly released. I think (or I hope) everybody is mindful that AN is the victim and her right to privacy will always be protected. JMO

And society has systems in place that are doing just that. That doesn't mean that every individual is entitled to all of the private information involved.
Yes. I agree with you to a large degree. But who took the child and where she was isn’t all the private information involved. The public is entitled to information about crimes and how justice is being sought.

All in due time, however. We aren’t entitled to any information that could interfere with an investigation.

Yes. I agree with you to a large degree. But who took the child and where she was isn’t all the private information involved. The public is entitled to information about crimes and how justice is being sought.

All in due time, however. We aren’t entitled to any information that could interfere with an investigation.
I don't disagree with that either. It's definitely a balance. I feel that Alicia deserves as much privacy as the system can possibly afford her.

HELENA, MT (3TV/CBS 5/AP) -- A Montana man connected to the disappearance of Alicia Navarro is facing felony charges after “child sexual abuse material” was found on a cellphone seized during a search warrant earlier this year, the Montana Attorney General’s Office announced on Tuesday.

The attorney general’s office announced the charges, two felony counts of sexual abuse of children, against 36-year-old Edmund Davis after his arrest on Monday in Chinook. He is being held in the Hill County Detention Center on a $1 million bond.

It was unknown if Davis is considered a suspect in the disappearance of Navarro. Authorities in Montana referred questions to law enforcement in Arizona, who said the investigation into the teenager’s disappearance is ongoing. Detectives do think he has been living with Navarro for quite some time. “It appears like she believes she wants to be with Mr. Davis and a relationship and future with him was possible,” Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen said.

The announcement of the criminal charges by Knudsen ends months of silence by authorities about Navarro’s case. But key questions remain unanswered, including how and when the teenager ended up in far northern Montana — nearly 1,400 miles from her childhood home in Glendale— and whether Davis played a part in her disappearance.

It was Navarro’s case investigators believe opened up Pandora’s Box. “That certainly was the impetus for what cracked this open. That’s what got us the search warrant to get into the apartment, search warrants to get us into his devices,” Knudsen said.

In July, police executed a search warrant on Davis’s apartment in Havre, Montana, after detectives learned that Navarro was living in the small town about 35 miles south of the Canadian border. Authorities say Navarro answered the door before officers saw Davis throw the phone into a trash can and try to hide it.

Forensics investigators found dozens of images of suspected child *advertiser censored*. Glendale police obtained a copy of the images that were analyzed. The charges describe the images as involving prepubescent girls, infants and toddlers.

Navarro left a note behind when she disappeared from her home days before her 15th birthday, sparking a massive search that included the FBI. She was almost 19 when she walked into the Havre, Montana, police station in July and said she wanted to be removed from the missing persons list.

Over the years, Navarro’s mother, Jessica Nuñez, said that her daughter, who was diagnosed with autism, may have been lured away by someone she met online. When she disappeared in 2019, Navarro took only her laptop and cell phone.

Davis has not yet appeared in court on the charges and no hearings have been scheduled, court officials said. He made an initial appearance in Justice Court in Blaine County, said Kyler Nerison, a spokesman for Montana Attorney General Austin Knudsen.

The attorney general’s office announced the charges, two felony counts of sexual abuse of children, against 36-year-old Edmund Davis after his arrest on Monday in Chinook. He is being held in the Hill County Detention Center on a $1 million bond.
^^rsbm

This is the first I've read where ED was actually arrested (Chinook).

There are 20.89 miles from Havre to Chinook in east direction and 22 miles (35.41 kilometers) by car, following the US-2 route.

Havre and Chinook are 35 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop .

This is the fastest route from Havre, MT to Chinook, MT.

Havre, MT and Chinook, MT are in the same time zone (MDT).

Distance between Havre, MT and Chinook, MT

After reading ED was arrested in Chinook, MT -- I'm optimistic that AN is no longer on the reservation and likely living closer to Havre. Chinook is a small town but many more amenities for her here than the reservation. More important is that she's safe and finally separated from ED. Only now can the (psychological) healing truly begin. JMO

1698384536041.png

57 min (57.3 mi) via MT-66 N and U.S. Rte 2 W

Google Map Link

Moo..I wonder if she is working? Now she is alone, rent to pay, utilities to pay, food to buy. It is not easy to afford single life. Wonder if she has drivers license? A car. It will be tough times for her....moo

Were they living with anyone there?
When media followed them from Havre, MT -- unloading their car at Fort Belknap (the reservation), it was reported ED's mother lived there.

But since ED was arrested in Chinook, MT, it's unknown if this is where they were living at the time of arrest or where AN currently resides.

However, I don't doubt that AN's family will provide whatever resources are necessary to protect AN -- especially since she's finally been separated from her alleged captor. JMO

FOX 10 Investigator Justin Lum received confirmation from a family representative on Nov. 1 that Alicia Navarro and her mother, Jessica Nunez, have been reunited.

Navarro and her mother reunited in Montana over the weekend. Navarro's mother, Jessica Nunez, posted on Facebook Wednesday morning that "my family is complete now" and thanked the community for the support over the years.

I hope Alicia had other options but truly wanted to return to the place she ran away from and stayed away from for many years. There’s still so much that we don’t know.
I think one thing we are all sure of is that Alicia was lured away from her childhood by a predator. Because Alicia wanted to leave does not mean her childhood at the time was abusive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back