Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The first count of sexual abuse of children carries a potential 100-year prison sentence, 25 of which may not be suspended or deferred.

The second count is punishable by up to life in prison with a minimum sentence of four years.

“It appears like she believes she wants to be with Mr. Davis and a relationship and future with him was possible,” Knudson said Tuesday, according to Phoenix CBS affiliate KPHO.

Private investigator Trent Steele, who aided the search for Navarro, told reports she was “in a safe place” following Davis’ arrest. He implied Davis could face more charges as the case progresses.

“The decision was to charge him with the most obvious crimes, the most serious crimes and the ones that we can probably make stick without having to retraumatize anybody,” Steele said

they basically consider it more assault on a child each time a photo is shared etc. that is how they are able to keep perps off the streets for so long, used to be you had pix on slap on the wrist a few years maybe but now you can spend life so you don't get out and advance your crimes ..... Just my line of thinking. The affidavit is explicit enough to trigger some but does help you understand the charges.
^^bbm

IMO, I think the minute AN went to the Havre, MT police to reclaim her identity -- ED immediately started wiping all of his electronics, and the police got lucky here.

Generally, the typical bust for CSAM results in police finding a cache of images in the tens of thousands-- and not a mere 80+ images (per the AA).

For police to seize/search ED's computer, Xbox, and three cell phones, and only find a single photo album on his cell phone tells me it was mostly likely a folder that ED missed by mistake.

In other words, I think the police were very lucky here to find anything to charge this monster (and this soon).

For comparison, Josh Duggar, was already on probation when he was caught with more than 200 images on his hidden work computer.

On Monday, Roman Lopez's dad, Jordan Piper, was sentenced for possessing more than 400 images from a spy camera he used to record a minor neighbor girl (he forgot to take the sim out of the GoPro camera). Piper is also facing charges of torturing and murdering his 11-year-old son and stuffing his body in a storage bin so he's another perv that knew he was under surveillance when caught with illegal images.

I agree with OP that today's pervs are better prepared not to expose themselves to life sentences for possession charges. MOO

Duggar

Piper

Not getting dental services doesn't qualify, in my opinion, as a justification to put an adult under a conservatorship. Dental services are expensive.

LE can't do much besides investigating in order to find out if her current partner did in fact aid her in running away, other than that, she's an adult and should be free to live her life however she sees fit.

Diminishing Alicia and her wants and needs is, in my opinion, heartbreaking. If this man didn't do anything wrong, they should be left alone. By all accounts, she has a partner, is being surrounded by that partener's family and wants to live a "normal" life by getting a job and a driver's license.

Following them around, taking pictures of them and posting them for all to see, exposing someone who might be innocent in all of this and making their location public is inappropriate and I'm appalled at LE for not advising the media to stay clear of them.
She more than likely was groomed online by her “partner” and has been under some kind of manipulation since before she could legally consent. Give me a break. Today’s news shows that her “partner” is not some kind of angel saving her from her horrible family.

Trent Steele, a private investigator who assisted Nuñez in the search for Navarro through the Miami-based nonprofit Anti-Predator Project, said investigators continue to look at the circumstances of the teenager’s disappearance.

More charges in the case are possible, Steele said, adding that Navarro was “in a safe place” without disclosing the particulars.

“The decision was to charge him with the most obvious crimes, the most serious crimes and the ones that we can probably make stick without having to retraumatize anybody,” he said.

Can anyone explain where Alicia was from 14 years old to 18 years old? Why are we not being told? Any adult whether it was this current guy or someone else would be charged with something for harboring a minor classified as missing right? <modsnip> She was most likley groomed, manipulated and afraid to leave. Having the same braces on the whole time show that she was not provided any medical or dental care. She was not provided this care not because it is “expensive”, as someone upthread said, but because she was being hidden by this <modsnip - namecalling>

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic that this ogre is behind bars. I’m amazed though at the potential sentences. I have a family member (in PA, different state) who was charged with and pled guilty to SA of his child (under 16) and he got a $10,000 fine and no prison time. How different life would have been for so many if he’d received a proper sentence.

Fantastic that this ogre is behind bars. I’m amazed though at the potential sentences. I have a family member (in PA, different state) who was charged with and pled guilty to SA of his child (under 16) and he got a $10,000 fine and no prison time. How different life would have been for so many if he’d received a proper sentence.

Indeed. There's also a big variance between states and the feds when it comes to prosecuting these crimes. As with any crime, if you have resources $$$ you can plea the counts down to a fine and probation as first did Josh Duggar in 2005.

I've also seen defendants successfully reduce the charges by arguing that the more than one hundred images they possessed were of the same victim, and get the total number of images down to a total of 3 or less and essentially pay a fine and avoid jail and probation.

Unless the person is caught actually downloading child *advertiser censored*, the question of who had access to a particular device at the time the images were downloaded or accessed is vigorously contested. JMO

Wonder if she needed documents & driver's license because shed 'aged out' of his 'favorites?'

Icky, feel nasty typing that.

May AN & her mother find comfort & peace & eventually some justice!

jmho ymmv lrr
BBM

I wrote this a few pages back but my post was flagged for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me if this creep were using Alicia as some kind of lure. JMO.

So good to see that this predator is gone at least for now. I haven't read up on the details but based off what I've seen, it's even worse than I imagined.

Hopefully LE will get more answers now that Alicia is away from this creep. I'm wondering how much of a hold this guy had over Alicia?

Can anyone explain where Alicia was from 14 years old to 18 years old? Why are we not being told? Any adult whether it was this current guy or someone else would be charged with something for harboring a minor classified as missing right? <modsnip> She was most likley groomed, manipulated and afraid to leave. Having the same braces on the whole time show that she was not provided any medical or dental care. She was not provided this care not because it is “expensive”, as someone upthread said, but because she was being hidden by this <modsnip - namecalling>
Likely we aren't being told because in reality it's none of our business and we have zero right to any answers at all as just curious pubic onlookers.

We don't know this yet, my concern is this could be a part of a larger trafficking organization, which I think could be so much worse than one perp.... Was she groomed, taken, and trafficked from the original person to this one or is he the start and end of it? Trying to be patient as LE is working diligently in the background.

BBM

I wrote this a few pages back but my post was flagged for some reason. It wouldn't surprise me if this creep were using Alicia as some kind of lure. JMO.

So good to see that this predator is gone at least for now. I haven't read up on the details but based off what I've seen, it's even worse than I imagined.

Hopefully LE will get more answers now that Alicia is away from this creep. I'm wondering how much of a hold this guy had over Alicia?
I felt he needed her to get a job and pay half the rent.... figured she was a legal adult at this point so he would be free and clear. Thank goodness for criminals inability to see the whole picture, helps them get caught in my opinion.

So, it seems ED is out of the picture now, thankfully.

What I'm wondering is what will happen to AN now? Will she go back to her family, get any kind of assistance, try to make it on her own in Montana, or otherwise just struggle along. Was she even still with him when he was taken into custody? I guess we may or may not get any more updates on her life.

I also wonder, if she ends up testifying against him, would that info be kept confidential if it involves crimes committed against her when she was a juvenile, even though she is an adult now? My guess is yes, it would, but I don't know for sure.

Also, awful thought here, but we'd have heard about it if AN and/or ED had any children, right?

More questions than answers but at least ED is safely locked up now, and hopefully, will stay locked up.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain where Alicia was from 14 years old to 18 years old? Why are we not being told?
^^rsbm

If anybody really had knowledge where AN was from age 14 to 18, it would not have taken four+ years to locate AN.

AN essentially discovered herself to police!

Hopefully, now that investigators found probable cause to arrest ED on unrelated charges, they have something to hold over him to get him to talk and cooperate.

I also hope that the when the CSAM evidence can be slowly revealed to AN, she will begin to understand that ED was not the person she believed him to be.

In time and with appropriate victim assistance, she will likely begin to see herself (i.e., age and body type) as being similar to the type of illegal images possessed by ED, and eventually understand that EN seeks and possesses illegal images of children (similar to her minor herself) for sexual stimulation and gratification.

IMO, AN doesn't yet understand that ED, a grown man twice her age is a very unhealthy individual, in many ways. Fortunately, there are many organizations to help victims such as AN and it will be important for her to learn what happened to her is called grooming, and this was not her fault. MOO

So, it seems ED is out of the picture now, thankfully.

What I'm wondering is what will happen to AN now? Will she go back to her family, get any kind of assistance, try to make it on her own in Montana, or otherwise just struggle along. Was she even still with him when he was taken into custody? I guess we may or may not get any more updates on her life.

I also wonder, if she ends up testifying against him, would that info be kept confidential if it involves crimes committed against her when she was a juvenile, even though she is an adult now? My guess is yes, it would, but I don't know for sure.

Also, awful thought here, but we'd have heard about it if AN and/or ED had any children, right?

More questions than answers but at least ED is safely locked up now, and hopefully, will stay locked up.
Considering it appears she's been with this creep for some time, my biggest concern is that she's going to be somehow implicated in his crimes. Of course more than anything I want to be dead wrong about that, but she does appear to have "aged out" of his preference (according to the information in AA) but still with him. So, that's a concern for sure.

jmo

Considering it appears she's been with this creep for some time, my biggest concern is that she's going to be somehow implicated in his crimes. Of course more than anything I want to be dead wrong about that, but she does appear to have "aged out" of his preference (according to the information in AA) but still with him. So, that's a concern for sure.

jmo
I agree with the statement that she appears to have "aged out" however she still looks very young, petite and that may have been enough for him. Though I think she psychologically started aging and wanting a more adult life, all speculation on my part but I do believe there are men who seek out young looking adult women to fulfill their , uhm, sick desires?

jmo
Yes, I thought of that too. Of course a legal adult can be held accountable if they participate in illegal activities in any way. But just turning eighteen doesn't change all the programming or coercion that person may have been victimized with up to that point. Hopefully, if so, the case will land in front of a wise judge or jury.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julie11
Back