AZ AZ - Alissa Turney, 17, Phoenix, 17 May 2001 *stepdad ARREST in 2020, acquitted*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not a legal eagle, so would he face the death penalty if found guilty?
Could they offer to commute his sentence in return for Alissa's whereabouts? Assuming he's willing to give her up, of course.

Could they offer to commute his sentence in return for Alissa's whereabouts? Assuming he's willing to give her up, of course.
They do have the death penalty in that state but I don't believe he qualifies. Each state may be different but since he is charged with 2nd degree and not first, I don't think it is a viable penalty.

Only the governor has the power to commute a sentence and that’s way down the road. No attorney would allow him to lead the police to the body before the trial. After he is found guilty and sentenced it’s a different story.

How a Grieving Sister's TikTok Campaign for Justice Went Viral — and Led to Her Father's Arrest

Sarah's podcast, "Voices for Justice," along with the viral TikTok videos, helped renew interest in the cold case, and on August 19, a grand jury indicted Michael Turney, 72, on a single count of second-degree murder.

While Michael has repeatedly asserted his innocence, including during a 20/20 interview with John Quiñones in 2008, he's expected to stand trial sometime in 2021.
I first heard about her sister via tiktok. I believe her. She brings other cases back to the forefront also.

Sarah has fought so hard for justice for Alissa, but it must also be devastating for her.

Once again, it was obvious that stepfather Michael was responsible for her disappearance. The way he treated her, including stalking her, videotaping her all the time, spying on her, trying to control her every move - so obvious. Even after she went missing, the way he talked about her was just so alarming, he couldn't bring himself to say anything loving or complimentary about her.

Alissa Turney was 17 years old when she went missing in 2001. You can find most of her case information on her sisters podcast, Sarah Turney, voices for justice on Spotify and follow her on instagram.

Alissa did not have a good relationship with her stepfather Michael Turney. It turns out he was most likely sexually molesting her for all of her life and Alissa was getting fed up with the abuse. Her mother passed from cancer was she was really young. Her step father Michael Turney was an ex police officer for Maricopa county, he also was the last person to see her alive after he picked her up early from her high school, he stated that they got into a fight and she left to California leaving a note.

Michael was very protective of Alissa and his other children, but mostly treated Alissa differently then his biological children. He had adopted Alissa when she was very young, when he married her mother. Turney recorded all phone calls and even had cameras located throughout the Turney home. Very strange behavior for a father and even step father to be doing to his children. Child services was called on more than one occasion and many people believe that he is the one responsible for her disappearance. When Phoenix police asked for the calls recorded and camera recordings from the day that Alissa disappeared he stated he did not have them or they were not properly recording during that time.

Michael Turney was a very strange person with definite signs of severe anxiety, paranoia and mental health issues. I believe his paranoid personality and the fact that his step daughter was going to tell on him for his abuse became Alissa's fate. It has been 20 years since anyone has seen or heard from Alissa, she left without her things and even left without her money in her savings which was over $1,000 dollars. He actually transferred the money from her account to her sisters one week after her disappearance. He has denied a polygraph and refuses to talk to police.

In my opinion he had definitely killed Alissa that day, but there has been no body found. They lived in Paradise Valley Arizona at that time and he could have easily buried her in the desert and then returned to pick up his daughter Sarah from school. I wish there was a way there can we be a search party or a drone that can go over the desert areas that are close to his previous address to see if there are anything they can find. I would love to go search for anything.

On August 20th Michael was charged with Alissa's Murder. His trial is set for sept 28th, I hope he tells the truth and we are able to bring Alissa back to her sister and family.

You can follow Michael Turney trial below that website has all documents related to his current case
Clerk of the Superior Court of Maricopa County, Arizona
you can see the court documents from the beginning of the arrest from even when he was arrested in 2010 when the police had a warrant to search his house they found several explosives and he was planning on blowing up his previous employers head quarters he was in the electrician union. He was sent to prison and was released and then now on trial for Alissa's case.

alissa-turney.jpg

More evidence:
He recorded EVERYTHING from phone calls, to various parts of his house, and when asked by police about recordings from the day Alissa went missing, he said there was nothing interesting on them. The police asked to see the tapes anyway, but he refused. The police got a warrant to search his home for the tapes, but instead found 27 pipe bombs, a manifesto written by Michael himself, and multiple snuff films. The tapes from the day Alissa disappeared were missing.

Do we have a legit timeline of where Michael was AFTER Alissa disappeared? That could help narrow down where she could possibly be.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back