AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. I find it curious that the item wrapped around Allison's head has not been identified more specifically than just as "a cloth." That seems to indicate that it was not a common household item like, e.g., a towel, sheet, pillowcase, or even a tablecloth. And since it was large enough to be "wrapped around," it seems it was larger than, say, a dishcloth or washcloth.

Any ideas? TIA.

Most likely LE holding that info back so only the murderer would be able to say what it is during a confessions (to prevent false confessions).

It seems it could be many things found in a household such as you named and perhaps they purposely withheld the info. I also noticed from the interior pictures a lot of decorative window drapery. The easiest thing anyone would grab would be a towel or sheet i would think.

Why do you think it was wrapped around her head? To stop the bleeding initially trying to help her? Not realizing at first what he had done? Or covering up her face as it was too hard to see her face after such a brutal act? Sorry to be so graphic.
IM just going on info from true crime shows, but it seems as though covering the face is often because the person knows the victim. I'm getting concerned that they might not have any good evidence to nail this crime to someone. I hope I'm wrong.

"Wrapped" around head could be a bit of journalistic license, too. Could be her face was covered. As often is the case when the victim is known to perp. Jmo

If the perp covered her face,unless he was wearing gloves,I would think he left prints on the cloth.

If the perp covered her face,unless he was wearing gloves,I would think he left prints on the cloth.

Maybe not prints but at least touch DNA. But if the killer had been in the home previously, the DNA could be there from an other time.

The last of the 3 articles in the above has the most info, and also links back to an previous one:
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...dale-murder-mystery-allison-feldman/70318816/

I'm not sure about LE's message that it was a targeted attack, since they say:
Police say they're not giving up and think justice will eventually be served.
that sounds to me it's like they do not have much to go on.
Also, they say there's lots to be processed... ..

ETA: My guess from what we know is still that it was someone she recently contacted about doing work around her house. I would call that a crime of opportunity, rather than one of being targeted...unless LE means the person saw she lived alone and later came back an attacked her (targeting her because she lived alone).

bump. nothing new being reported locally, but lots going on behind the scenes we hope.

Wow...so she was robbed and murdered, or it was made to look like a robbery. If a real robbery, that bracelet should show up somewhere, i.e pawn shop, on the street, etc. If robbery was faked, probably not. Also, wonder if credit cards were used?

I'm glad they released a bit more info. Curious, can the phone still be pinged even with a new SIM card?

Police are asking anyone who has seen a man suspect with a Tiffany bracelet in the last month, or any women who has been given a Tiffany bracelet recently, to please contact the Scottsdale Police Department.

If you have any more information, please contact 480-312-TIPS, or their website at www.tipsoft.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...fany-bracelet-may-be-clue-in-murder/24996937/

Frankly, this doesn't sound very targeted to me. Sounds pretty darned random. If I were in the neighborhood, I wouldn't take much solace in this. Not to make anyone afraid, but certainly doesn't sound like someone close to her. I surely hope they get the guy.

Frankly, this doesn't sound very targeted to me. Sounds pretty darned random. If I were in the neighborhood, I wouldn't take much solace in this. Not to make anyone afraid, but certainly doesn't sound like someone close to her. I surely hope they get the guy.

Yes! Exactly Agree! IMO - it was someone she recently contacted about doing work around her house who saw she lived alone. A crime of opportunity, rather than one of being targeted, IMO ...unless LE means the person saw she lived alone and later came back an attacked her (targeting her because she lived alone).

She was found naked with a towel around her head, no sign of forced entry, bleach smell (I thought that sounded like a clean-up.) Was she raped? Getting out of the shower/bath and surprised someone? I thought originally the perp placed the towel around her head, making it more likely not a stranger. Things taken may or may not be staging.

The killer could have kept the bracelet as a souvenir and may not give it to anyone. The credit cards could be a ruse to make it look like a robbery when it really was a possible sexual assualt. No word that the cards have been used and I doubt they will be used. IMO

I guess Scottsdale PD thinks everyone knows what a Tiffanys bracelet looks like.

I wonder who the gun belonged to. Did he bring it or was it Allison's?

I guess if we'd known the killer had cuts and scratches on his arms and hands it would have hampered the investigation. So much better to wait a month after they've healed up to tell us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member