AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would be interesting is if the burglaries STOPPED after the 19th of February......if this guy has been doing this and doesn't have any DNA on record, he could leave the State, go straight, and disappear.

Great idea! Is there a way to find out if this happened?

TIA.

Thanks so much for the link and info. It gives me hope our PD is using the same tactics.

I'll read up on Maggie's case now.

:)

I love Scottsdale! It's like a great big small town. People are pretentious everywhere. Scottsdale is just more honest about it. lol The truth is people here are very nice. It's a lovely place to live!

SPD can't make out anything other than a shape of the perp leaving the scene. Nothing of him coming. The burglaries were in the area. They have nothing else to tie him in but they do want to check his DNA

They are still following up on other leads. I'm hoping a reward will be offered soon. Maybe that will get someone to come forward.

I still think it was personal.

I agree, Scottdale is beautiful and there are pretentious people everywhere. I've seen it all my life. I live on Long Island and I've met people where the first thing they ask is what kind of car do you drive. I, also lived in FL for a few years and there are people like that there, too. Back to this case, yes, I think it was personal or at least targeted. Just wondering,has her BF come out and said anything recently?

Sometimes when I think about the cloth on her head I wonder if she was hit about the head or face and had tried to control bleeding with the cloth. Then later died from her injury.

Well thanks guys for the posts this morning. It is still morning here.

I'm going to go out and hop in my little Mercedes convertible, go to the gym and do some hot yoga, then meet a friend for lunch at PF Chang's and then do some shopping at Fashion Square Mall! Hope that doesn't sound too pretentious!

I grew up on a ranch and lived on one most of my life back in Texas. I thought I would never leave and it took me some time to adjust here. But I do love it. And I love my snowbird neighbors too, even if they do drive funny.

To each their own, but again, I love this place and all that it has to offer. It's so much fun. The biggest problem with living in Scottsdale is that all your friends want to come visit you! LOL

PS... I drove a MB convertible back in Texas too. I just like the way they handle. And people here wave to me all the time, especially on the freeway! They honk a lot too! Hahaha

Have a good day all.

ETA: I'll be back later to post what I think a typical day was like for Allison living here in Scottsdale for an attractive, socially active, and very busy young professional.

Someone was saying this reminds them of the Maggie Daniels case (a case very near me) I agree with that. They cleared Maggie's boyfriend very quick and kept everything else sealed until they made an arrest. I hope that is the case here. The only difference is SPD have not publically "cleared" AF boyfriend but other than that the investigations seems similar to me. The officers here were working round the clock to solve Maggie's case, I am sure they are working just as hard out in AZ.3

ETA: It ended up being a neighbor of Maggie's that wanted to "get with her" and she didn't lock her doors. There was also a small window of time in her case b/c she had dinner plans and her bf was not in town visiting at the time of the murder.

I know I mentioned it, but others may have as well....

The perp/ in her case had a record. Maggie liked to sunbath outside her apt and he took notice. I do not think her boyfriend was ever cleared - if you have MSM link, would appreciate. There are similarities, but differences in that Maggie was home allot, and left her door unlocked so students could drop by whenever they wanted..

Early on:
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/news/local/three-more-search-warrants-unsealed-maggie-daniels/nhByx/

Then the arrest:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/accused-killer-of-north-carolina-woman-to-face-death-penalty/

I agree, Scottdale is beautiful and there are pretentious people everywhere. I've seen it all my life. I live on Long Island and I've met people where the first thing they ask is what kind of car do you drive. I, also lived in FL for a few years and there are people like that there, too. Back to this case, yes, I think it was personal or at least targeted. Just wondering,has her BF come out and said anything recently?

Hi Luvrosco! Just wanted to reply to your post before I head out! I think Scottsdale would love you!!! For sure! It is truly awesome here and the weather is absolutely wonderful, even with a couple of hot months in the summer it's still fabulous!

You should reconsider moving here. Even if they tax your pension you would probably save enough on your heating bill in the winter to make up for it. lol. ;)

Alex isn't talking to the media or posting on Facebook. I wish he would just let us know more about what her final days were like. So frustrating not knowing anymore than we do.

I'm going to go out and hop in my little Mercedes convertible, go to the gym and do some hot yoga, then meet a friend for lunch at PF Chang's and then do some shopping at Fashion Square Mall! Hope that doesn't sound too pretentious!

I grew up on a ranch and lived on one most of my life back in Texas. I thought I would never leave and it took me some time to adjust here. But I do love it. And I love my snowbird neighbors too, even if they do drive funny.

To each their own, but again, I love this place and all that it has to offer. It's so much fun. The biggest problem with living in Scottsdale is that all your friends want to come visit you! LOL

PS... I drove a MB convertible back in Texas too. I just like the way they handle. And people here wave to me all the time, especially on the freeway! They honk a lot too! Hahaha

Have a good day all.

ETA: I'll be back later to post what I think a typical day was like for Allison living here in Scottsdale for an attractive, socially active, and very busy young professional.

This really did make me giggle. I also used to have a convertible mustang that I drove to work, had lunch with friends at PF CHang, shopped at the malls etc. Guess I've gotten used to driving a Jeep, eating at home 99 percent of the time and the mall is a distant memory . Maybe once or twice a yr since its an hour or more away. Now I hike, kayak, camp etc. I rarely get new clothes, and never have my nails done any more. I can honestly say that I prefer this lifestyle. But hey thats just me. I can see and understand why someone would like Scottsdale also.

I just wanted to mention one more thing. In the Adrienne Salinas case, when she turned up missing and was later found murdered, her boyfriend was desperately pleading with the public and LE to find her and then later to find her killer. He was very open about the arguments they had the night she went missing. He didn't worry about what anyone thought even when some openly accused him. He was at all the vigils and car washes etc. Always talked to the media. The contrast here is striking!

IMO

This really did make me giggle. I also used to have a convertible mustang that I drove to work, had lunch with friends at PF CHang, shopped at the malls etc. Guess I've gotten used to driving a Jeep, eating at home 99 percent of the time and the mall is a distant memory . Maybe once or twice a yr since its an hour or more away. Now I hike, kayak, camp etc. I rarely get new clothes, and never have my nails done any more. I can honestly say that I prefer this lifestyle. But hey thats just me. I can see and understand why someone would like Scottsdale also.

Thanks SweetT. Glad you took it as the tongue in cheek manner in which it was intended!. :)

On second thought I might not be back. Maybe us Scottsdale people just aren't good enough to be posting here with most of you regulars.

I'm as down to earth as anyone here. And I have feelings too and ideas and theories. If I'm going to be shot down by someone who thinks they know it all when they don't what's the use of even posting.

I don't think any disrespect was meant by any posters. Continue on with the case, that is why we are here!

Have a good day all.

BBM

My friends and I used to ride our horses down the center of Fashion Square until the guy from Leonard's Luggage or the manager from Guggy's would run out and tell us they had called the police on us.......bawahahahaha!!! There was an A. J.'s Market and a drive through Liquor store on the east side of the mall (this was when Goldwater's was still the BIG store in that shopping center), we'd ride up to the drive through and get sodas and then someone would hop off and get chips, junk food, and apples or a bag of carrots or the horses at AJ's. There was also a Revco Pharmacy, we'd buy Breyer plastic horses there for about $5.
This was probably way before your time, Miss D. Jokoke Inn and Stables was on the east side of Camelback Mountain, along with Main Chance. Kids had Kurt the Clown and his "dog" (actually it was a pig) Spot host birthday parties, Wallace and Ladmo were our heros, and Wagon Wheels Kiddie Land and Legend City were the neat places to go.
My dad had the MB's, we lived in a million+ $ home, and he had one of his stores down on 5th Avenue for over 25 years. I showed at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, went to Plaza 3, and had the obligatory cotillion at the Biltmore.

But that's just not me. Jeans, t-shirts, and a truck. I don't know when the last time was that I slapped Este Lauder on my face, LOL, at least 20 years ago..........:floorlaugh:

I can't quite buy that forensics are taking this long if Scottsdale has its own crime lab. I think they have DNA but no one to match it. I am wondering how difficult it is to get warrants for DNA retrieval from those close to her, if they are unwilling to provide it voluntarily. Would just being her BF, for instance, be enough? Or being an ex with a grudge? My guess is that they should be able to get a sample from the BF, since he had just been there at her house and they would need to rule out his DNA from any other found. But still not certain about warrants. Jmo

I can't quite buy that forensics are taking this long if Scottsdale has its own crime lab. I think they have DNA but no one to match it. I am wondering how difficult it is to get warrants for DNA retrieval from those close to her, if they are unwilling to provide it voluntarily. Would just being her BF, for instance, be enough? Or being an ex with a grudge? My guess is that they should be able to get a sample from the BF, since he had just been there at her house and they would need to rule out his DNA from any other found. But still not certain about warrants. Jmo

DNA from start to finish takes 60 hours. If SPD had a backlog, they could have brought in DPS to do it. Maybe it's taking time running it through different data bases, ie, the Military, FBI, NCIC, etc.
Or, they have it but no match, and are just waiting to move in on the perp?

Great question! I *think* that you need a warrant and probable cause to get DNA if the person does not give it on their own. Anyone here know the answer?

On second thought I might not be back. Maybe us Scottsdale people just aren't good enough to be posting here with most of you regulars.

I'm as down to earth as anyone here. And I have feelings too and ideas and theories. If I'm going to be shot down by someone who thinks they know it all when they don't what's the use of even posting.

I hope I didnt say anything that offended you. I think we are all appreciating your input especially since you are right there and know the vibe of the town and everything. I for one would hate to see you leave this conversation.

Great question! I *think* that you need a warrant and probable cause to get DNA if the person does not give it on their own. Anyone here know the answer?

You can refuse to give a DNA sample. I just saw that on either "Dateline" or "48 hrs" recently. Mu guess is that LE might not have a match in the system if they do have DNA.

Lots of gumshoe work to be done, if it's being done.... background checks of the neighborhood; who's moved in recently, who left... also places where AF may have been noticed by a creep - if she spent time some place working out (indoors or out)... clubs she was at...
Have all she's been in known contact with been interviewed, all accounted for?
Come on LE - hold a press conference... why no push by media for answers?
The window of opportunity time-wise was not large... but since we only hear about things when a crime has been committed, can't go by that...
Was it personal - the towel... don’t know... odds favor that.... but burglary, sex attack, covering head... very strange..
Big unanswered question - was it a sexual attack. Why won't that be released?!

I've thought and thought about this one. But maybe they dont want to give this one away until they can get a DNA match from someone. Perhaps like someone stated, they dont have a match to it, so need to keep it quiet? IDK just a guess.If anyone has any other ideas I'm up for listening.

You can refuse to give a DNA sample. I just saw that on either "Dateline" or "48 hrs" recently. Mu guess is that LE might not have a match in the system if they do have DNA.

My question was what LE would need in order to get a warrant for a sample, if person refuses..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop