AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed that news tonight. I've been getting really cranky with each passing day we don't hear anything new and they still haven't apprehended her killer.

It isn't much. We assumed the physical evidence was DNA. But at least now it has been confirmed.

I'm pleased to see a little movement on this case, it's seemed to be very quiet for quite a while now.

Did the boyfriend return from Shanghai?
Also, how does LE in the US go about getting DNA from potential POIs? Can they obtain it only when someone has been arrested? I assume someone can volunteer to give a sample to rule themselves out, but what if, for example, someone was living in a different state now to where the crime occurred?

Just read that earlier article again about the BF and the DNA sample.

From the article...

Her boyfriend who discovered her body has been questioned multiple times, and he's given a DNA sample, but he has not been named a suspect, neither has he been completely ruled out, some invasions and murders are very rare.

Mar 21, 2015: http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...police-say-solving-murder-case-a-top-priority

And here's what I heard the reporter say, word for word, on the video...

"Her boyfriend who discovered her body and called police has been questioned multiple times.

He's also given a DNA sample.

He has not been named a suspect but neither has he been completely ruled out as one.

Stranger home invasions and murders are very rare."

Mar 21, 2015: http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...police-say-solving-murder-case-a-top-priority

April 14, 2015: http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...otPostID=['50da7c4cc3f8fa7b9a46f9e81bcb817b']

Silent Witness is offering a $1,000 reward for information about the murder of 31-year-old Scottsdale resident Allison Feldman, whose brutalized body was found inside her home on Feb. 18, authorities say.

Scottsdale police announced the reward on Monday, alongside never-before-released information about the case, namely that investigators are in possession of the murderer's DNA profile.

It was reported back on March 19 about the investigators having physical evidence that would positively identify the killer then on March 21 it was reported that the boyfriend given a DNA sample and that he hasn't been completely ruled out.

Mar 19, 2015: http://www.azfamily.com/story/28558344/police-release-new-details-in-homicide-of-scottsdale-woman
"Investigators say they have physical evidence that will positively identify the killer and also clear the name of anyone not involved."

"Her boyfriend who discovered her body has been questioned multiple times, and he's given a DNA sample, but he has not been named a suspect, neither has he been completely ruled out"

I am really confused about the wording with the BF...and the fact that LE says the evidence they have can rule anyone out. So rule him out already!

If the DNA at the scene matches the boyfriend he could say it was there from some other time or when he found her body. Maybe that is why he has not been ruled out, just a guess.

If the DNA at the scene matches the boyfriend he could say it was there from some other time or when he found her body. Maybe that is why he has not been ruled out, just a guess.

I agree about the BF's DNA. If it's under her fingernails or on the cloth then I think he has a problem. Assuming it's not his,LE may not have a match in the DNA data base. I wonder if anyone else was questioned and asked to give a sample.

I wonder why it has been reported the time Allison spoke with her mother on the phone that Tuesday around 7:00 pm. And it has been reported what time the text from her father didn't go through. Around 10:00 pm. But it has never been reported at what time the boyfriend left her house that day or that night.

I wonder why we have never been given this information. We've only been told that she kicked him out and told him to "go home and study and have some quiet time".

I wonder if Allison told her parents she did this or if Alex told them.

I wonder if that's what really happened.

IMO

It is interesting what info is released, and what is not...

I think Allison did know her attacker. And I think she opened her door that night to let in someone she had no fear of whatsoever.

Why did this person want to kill Allison?

What would you say the top 3 motives would be?

What are the reasons a person is killed like this...
Often, - woman moves into a new location, local takes notice kind of thing...
... there was a case (can't remember her name), woman worked as secretary in local FBI office, she just moved into a new neighborhood and was attacked and killed similar to Allison.. her's was a sexual attack. Took a long time to solve as while they had DNA, the couldn't match it... Turned out it was a guy down the block from her who did it. It was a one-time attack, so he stayed off the radar... Now, since Allison was not new to this neighbourhood, it might be that the is new. He might even be simply staying with someone, and then left.

Other reasons... what if she was PG, and there was fight over that?

In cases where new BF enters the picture, it tends to be the old BF who can't let go, rather than new BF - new BF tends to thinks relationship has a future.... but in this case, since LE has DNA, seriously can't see it being anyone LE is already aware of...

I agree about the BF's DNA. If it's under her fingernails or on the cloth then I think he has a problem. Assuming it's not his,LE may not have a match in the DNA data base. I wonder if anyone else was questioned and asked to give a sample.

He could say he gave her a back rub that day and that is why the skin cells are under his nails. The cloth, well he wiped his hands with it may times.

We have at least 4 ways this plays out IMO:
1 Present boyfriend
2 Other type of love interest, past boyfriends or wanna-be boyfriends
3 Neighbor, stalker type, someone who has been watching her but does not know her
4 Robber, home invader type
5 Someone who had a key to the home from the past (if Allison changed locks she may have not changed all of them.)
6 Hired killer

Anything else?

My guess is the DNA does not match anyone LE has been in contact with... so, then you might ask why haven't they rules those people out.... IMO, there's the possibility that someone may have been hired to kill her. True, it not likely, but imo why they don't rule anyone out...

He could say he gave her a back rub that day and that is why the skin cells are under his nails. The cloth, well he wiped his hands with it may times.

We have at least 4 ways this plays out IMO:
1 Present boyfriend
2 Other type of love interest, past boyfriends or wanna-be boyfriends
3 Neighbor, stalker type, someone who has been watching her but does not know her
4 Robber, home invader type
5 Someone who had a key to the home from the past (if Allison changed locks she may have not changed all of them.)

Anything else?

Interesting BBM...

I was checking how much condos were going for in that condo complex and found another 2-bd 1212 sq ft that sold for $123k on 1/30/15. AF bought her unit in 2007 for $241k so it was significantly still underwater. According to Trulia, the average listing price for similar homes for sale in that area is $130,226 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $120,675.

This is interesting. I was looking at that Trulia link you provided last night and it stated the estimated opening bid would be around $231K. Did you see that? Sounds strange considering the other info you provided the other day in the post above regarding comps in the area. I am still highly interested in the r/e angle because I feel it could be very relevant.

I, for one love hearing other people's theories. I find it opens my mind to things I never would've thought of. I watch a lot of true crime shows and I 've been amazed as who the perp sometimes turns out to be and the motive is often one that surprises me. The possible real estate angle is intriguing, IMO

I feel the same way Luvrosco! Here in Arizona, as you are aware, we just went through years of the Jodi Arias/Travis Alexander murder saga. Just yesterday she received her final sentence - life without parole. I'm so sick of hearing about it.

It took several years for LE to arrest Arias. I hope it won't take that long to bring Allison's murderer to justice!

As for the R/E angle - if she was 23 years old back in 2007 when she first acquired that condo (the one going into foreclosure), How did she qualify for a $240K loan? I wonder if she had a significant other at that time who put the money down and for some reason put it in her name? Maybe he couldn't have it in his name for some reason. I just think the timing of this auction is VERY interesting. It was first filed Feb 5, 2015, only 12 days before her death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay