AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another story from the local newspaper's website - it states something specific I haven't read anywhere else, although maybe I just missed it from earlier reports:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ottsdale-murder-feldman-reward-abrk/71263092/

Also, this is the only source that says that *investigators* increased the reward to $10,000, which contradicts another news story that stated her family took the money they raised to Silent Witness. I know it's probably just semantics and I don't know how reward money works, but it seems to me like LE is being tight-lipped all around, including with her family. Her father indicated he hopes the increased reward money will lead to an arrest, and that "more needs to be done to encourage tips to the police." If LE knows more than they're saying, they're certainly keeping it close.

And bless her family - I don't know how they had the strength to commemorate her birthday at the house where she was killed. I'm sure it helped them feel closer to her, but man. I don't think I could've done it, especially knowing that justice has not yet been served.

From you link.

What is known is that Feldman was attacked during the overnight hours between Tuesday, Feb. 17 and 18. Police have said whomever attacked her left the home after 1 a.m. and may have had cuts to his or her hands from Feldman trying to protect herself.

I questioned this a few threads back wondering if the killer could be a woman.

Here's another story from the local newspaper's website - it states something specific I haven't read anywhere else, although maybe I just missed it from earlier reports:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ottsdale-murder-feldman-reward-abrk/71263092/

Also, this is the only source that says that *investigators* increased the reward to $10,000, which contradicts another news story that stated her family took the money they raised to Silent Witness. I know it's probably just semantics and I don't know how reward money works, but it seems to me like LE is being tight-lipped all around, including with her family. Her father indicated he hopes the increased reward money will lead to an arrest, and that "more needs to be done to encourage tips to the police." If LE knows more than they're saying, they're certainly keeping it close.

And bless her family - I don't know how they had the strength to commemorate her birthday at the house where she was killed. I'm sure it helped them feel closer to her, but man. I don't think I could've done it, especially knowing that justice has not yet been served.

BBM: Silent Witness has a specific $ amount they can put up as a reward, $1K is the most they can offer. Anything above that is family, friends, and/or private donations.

Don't remember reading they also had finger prints.... might have missed it... LE sounds really at a loss. I keep thinking there are some details that if released might help in some way. At this point, only way appears if the killer talks to someone and that someone comes forward.. worse, if they are waiting for killer to strike again...
Did they ever really say the DNA is that of a man?

Good catch, Old Steve. That IS the first time I've seen "fingerprints" mentioned, but you wonder if it's actually true, misinformation, or "bait"?

If it IS true, the killer isn't anywhere in the system. Lots of misdemeanors require fingerprinting and mug shots.

Don't remember reading they also had finger prints.... might have missed it... LE sounds really at a loss. I keep thinking there are some details that if released might help in some way. At this point, only way appears if the killer talks to someone and that someone comes forward.. worse, if they are waiting for killer to strike again...
Did they ever really say the DNA is that of a man?

From you link.

What is known is that Feldman was attacked during the overnight hours between Tuesday, Feb. 17 and 18. Police have said whomever attacked her left the home after 1 a.m. and may have had cuts to his or her hands from Feldman trying to protect herself.

I questioned this a few threads back wondering if the killer could be a woman

BBM in red: Now SPD is just getting stupid. The DNA would have shown whether it was male or female. Why can't they even admit what the gender of the perp is?

Good points, Bernina and Steve. DNA would definitely indicate male or female.

First time I heard about her mom finding out while on a plane working as a flight attendant, and going into shock... So sad!

Wonder what LE is sharing with them.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-no...10000-for-info-on-who-killed-scottsdale-woman

I have a feeling these "photo ops" and MSM articles are being carefully orchestrated by SPD.
The information they have released to the public covers too broad of a population, and some of the info is speculative.

No concrete time of death (somewhere between 8:00pm and 1:00am? 5 hours?) If this perp is from the neighborhood, he may have slipped out for no more than 30 minutes, maybe only 15, would someone in his household notice that or would they even be awake?

Is there security camera footage? Something "told" SPD that the perp left at 1:05am. What is it and why don't they release it?

How many people in Scottsdale have an iPhone6 and a Tiffany bracelet, and SPD STILL hasn't released a facsimile of the actual bracelet that was taken.

Why do they think it was hands and arms...could it have been the face that was scraped or scratched? Maybe there was ink from a tattoo in the DNA they collected.........you think THAT might be helpful? And that info was given to the public long after the murder, would someone remember seeing scratches a month prior? And it was February....long sleeve shirts.

If she WAS shot (as some MSM reported) why haven't they released the caliber of the bullet?

What was the white residue, substance, whatever, around her body?

Has SPD even compared it to other crimes in the area? They know if it was sexually motivated, a botched burglary, or suggestive of a "hit" <---- the hit theory doesn't really doesn't sit well with me)

If the perp responsible is a "loner" as far as his criminal activity, he's only going to be caught when he makes a mistake the next time. And that may never happen.

ETA: I don't believe they have a suspect or even a direction to follow at this point.

Maybe just maybe if they show any images to the public, they could tell if it's a male or female. If they stop this "secrecy" and let everything out, I believe people would help. It's human nature to help and to also protect themselves. Is LE, in this area, always this anonymous?

Highlighted "Silent Witness" info on here:

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/Police/newsPIO/Allison_Feldman_Murder?DateTime=635645358000000000&PageMode=View

Allison Feldman Murder

*Evidence indicates the subject left Allison’s home at approximately 1 am, Wednesday morning.
*He likely suffered minor cuts or injuries to his hands or arms struggling with Allison.
*stole only a few items
*mainly her Apple I-Phone 6 and credit cards.
*He may have also taken a Tiffany bracelet and other jewelry

*subject may live in the area.
*male with a Tiffany bracelet
*investigators have physical evidence that will positively identify this person, but can also exclude anyone not involved.
*consider any male who may fit the above description

So........they know it's a man.

Maybe just maybe if they show any images to the public, they could tell if it's a male or female. If they stop this "secrecy" and let everything out, I believe people would help. It's human nature to help and to also protect themselves. Is LE, in this area, always this anonymous?

I grew up not more than a few miles from there and continued living in that area until 1989.
SPD is very "political". Don't scare perspective home buyers, new businesses, or the "well to do". Real estate, wealth, and commerce.
Allison's family needs to keep this case out there, because it's real easy for it to just "disappear" if they don't.

LE really not asking for help in a while makes it seem like they have a suspect to me. They said the bit about the phone, bracelet, scratches, etc way back when, but if they really wanted to hear from the public they would be hammering them with repetition, asking people to think back, anyone who acted weird, missed work, changed habits or appearance, etc...
Maybe someone has refused to give DNA and they have been unable to obtain it as yet. That is all that makes sense to me. jmo

I grew up not more than a few miles from there and continued living in that area until 1989.
SPD is very "political". Don't scare perspective home buyers, new businesses, or the "well to do". Real estate, wealth, and commerce.
Allison's family needs to keep this case out there, because it's real easy for it to just "disappear" if they don't.

Bernina, that's a shame they care more about their image than solving this in the manner I've seen in other cases, putting it out there for the public to see and help solve it. I suppose they don't have posters out either. I don't think Allison's parents will let this disappear at all.

Bernina, that's a shame they care more about their image than solving this in the manner I've seen in other cases, putting it out there for the public to see and help solve it. I suppose they don't have posters out either. I don't think Allison's parents will let this disappear at all.

Someone local (upthread or previous thread) had said they hadn't seen ANY posters in the area (I'm living 2 hours North of there now).

There's so many ways SPD could get fingerprints and/or DNA from a suspect if they had one.

*if this person has trash pickup*
Think of ALL the things that go in your trash that you touch or leave DNA on. Paper and glass containers. Food wrappers. Beverage bottles or cans. Used tissues. Hair cleaned from a comb or brush. Toe or fingernail cuttings? Used bandages. Opened envelopes. Gum? Banana peels. Discarded clothes/shoes.

http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/...n=display_arch&article_id=2105&issue_id=62010

SPD could do a traffic stop and get the suspect's prints off a ticket after he signs it, for that matter, SPD isn't beneath conducting a fake "probable cause" search of a vehicle. If they were "sitting" on a suspect, there would be many opportunities to acquire "something" that would connect the perp to the crime. How about a DUI? DNA off the breathalyzer. Arizona does both alcohol and drug stops. Could even draw a blood sample.

Definition of Probable Cause: Probable cause is the reasonable belief that a specific crime has been committed and that the defendant committed the crime. It does not require evidence of each element of the crime or evidence to the degree necessary to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Probable cause to issue a search warrant may be described as bits and pieces of information cobbled together until a picture is formed that leads a reasonable prudent person to believe a crime has been committed and to believe evidence of the crime may be found on a particular person or in a place or means of conveyance. State v. Grissom, 251 Kan. 851, 910, 840 P.2d 1142 (1992).

http://www.kscoplaw.com/outlines/ssoutline.htm

More on Probable Cause:

http://criminal.lawyers.com/criminal-law-basics/understanding-search-and-seizure-law.html

On the other hand, there are many places and things in which there is no reasonable expectation of privacy, such as
  • Things that are in &#8220;plain view,&#8221; that is, exposed or out in the open that anyone can see. Illegal drugs or weapons on the front seat of your car are good examples
  • Portions of your business office or building that&#8217;s open to the public, such as a reception area
  • Public places, likes restaurants and parks
  • Your trash or garbage, once you placed it at the curb for pick-up or collection

I can't understand why they are not letting the public get info on this guy to out him. It's not fair to Allison's family, I don't think. I could be wrong and they have done everything and now are at a standstill. In my mind there are not that many individuals who would have been in contact with Allison, delivery person, neighbors, guy she turned down for a date, a co-worker, someone from boyfriends side who is mad ( ex-girlfriend, he has a son with getting someone to go after her). Other than that, parents and sister said she had no enemies. Someone knew she lived there Alone and took advantage of this.

Someone local (upthread or previous thread) had said they hadn't seen ANY posters in the area

I live not far from her house and I work close by, and I haven't seen any posters anywhere.

One reason that LE might not be releasing more information is because maybe they don't actually need much help from the public to know who did this to Allison. Am I being overly optimistic?

* They have DNA
* We just heard they have fingerprints
* They've said it was an "isolated incident," that she was targeted
* They have admittedly been tight-lipped, citing the integrity of the investigation
* They believe her killer lived in the area
* They said as of last weekend that they have no new updates (no new updates to share)

I obviously don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem to me that the case is at a standstill. It might look like it from our outside POV, but even her father stated in one of the news reports that he knows LE is "working hard and making progress."

Personally, I'm curious to know what LE really means by stating they think her killer lives in the area. Metro-Phoenix is huge, with many suburbs that are very close together. Where Allison lived in Scottsdale is closely bordered by both Mesa and Tempe (and is close to the Arizona State University main campus), and Phoenix proper is only a few miles away as well. Do they mean they know the killer wasn't from out of town, or do they mean that he/she lived in her neighborhood? And how do they know (or think they know)?

I live not far from her house and I work close by, and I haven't seen any posters anywhere.

One reason that LE might not be releasing more information is because maybe they don't actually need much help from the public to know who did this to Allison. Am I being overly optimistic?

* They have DNA
* We just heard they have fingerprints
* They've said it was an "isolated incident," that she was targeted
* They have admittedly been tight-lipped, citing the integrity of the investigation
* They believe her killer lived in the area
* They said as of last weekend that they have no new updates (no new updates to share)

I obviously don't know for sure, but it doesn't seem to me that the case is at a standstill. It might look like it from our outside POV, but even her father stated in one of the news reports that he knows LE is "working hard and making progress."

Personally, I'm curious to know what LE really means by stating they think her killer lives in the area. Metro-Phoenix is huge, with many suburbs that are very close together. Where Allison lived in Scottsdale is closely bordered by both Mesa and Tempe (and is close to the Arizona State University main campus), and Phoenix proper is only a few miles away as well. Do they mean they know the killer wasn't from out of town, or do they mean that he/she lived in her neighborhood? And how do they know (or think they know)?

BBM. Yep, that's a pretty broad term if you ask me.

BBM. Yep, that's a pretty broad term if you ask me.

I'm thinking they say "in the area" because he walked away, per the image of him leaving. I assume there was no vehicle. Now I'm right back to thinking it's a neighbor. How else would anybody else know her boyfriend left in his car and she was in there all alone?

Could have been someone who'd been watching her comings and goings, learned very quickly what her bf's vehicle looked like and kept watch until he left........then walked away on-foot to a vehicle a few blocks away that was carefully parked in a location where there was sure to be no surveillance cameras.

I'm thinking they say "in the area" because he walked away, per the image of him leaving. I assume there was no vehicle. Now I'm right back to thinking it's a neighbor. How else would anybody else know her boyfriend left in his car and she was in there all alone?

There was some information released from a Minnesota news station last week regarding the Tiffany bracelet. I've posted the link below, but the bracelet was found in her home. There was also a question regarding fingerprints and I cannot find any print articles to confirm that, but a reporter states in the second link that police have fingerprints and DNA from the suspect. He also states that the family took money they collected to Silent Witness to raise the reward.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/16/reward-increased-in-feldman-murder-case/28846143/

http://www.kpho.com/story/29317957/reward-increases-to-10k-in-scottsdale-murder-case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paladin1166