AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some information released from a Minnesota news station last week regarding the Tiffany bracelet. I've posted the link below, but the bracelet was found in her home. There was also a question regarding fingerprints and I cannot find any print articles to confirm that, but a reporter states in the second link that police have fingerprints and DNA from the suspect. He also states that the family took money they collected to Silent Witness to raise the reward.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/16/reward-increased-in-feldman-murder-case/28846143/

http://www.kpho.com/story/29317957/reward-increases-to-10k-in-scottsdale-murder-case

:welcome6: RNRMom to WS and this thread :welcome3: Have any theories?

There was some information released from a Minnesota news station last week regarding the Tiffany bracelet. I've posted the link below, but the bracelet was found in her home. There was also a question regarding fingerprints and I cannot find any print articles to confirm that, but a reporter states in the second link that police have fingerprints and DNA from the suspect. He also states that the family took money they collected to Silent Witness to raise the reward.

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/crime/2015/06/16/reward-increased-in-feldman-murder-case/28846143/

http://www.kpho.com/story/29317957/reward-increases-to-10k-in-scottsdale-murder-case

I watched the video...so the Tiffany bracelet was never missing (found in the house), SPD have over 70 DNA profiles to work, and there's some designer watches missing.

So how much faith do I have in SPD? :thinking:

Still sounds like a burglary gone bad to me.

Perp took what was "out in the open". If it took a while for SPD or the family to find the bracelet, obviously it was somewhere that the perp wouldn't have dug around for.
If her purse was taken, that explains the disappearance of the credit cards.
Several designer watches can be explained by the perp pilfering her jewelry box.
The iPhone may have had DNA on it from the struggle, she comes into the main hallway, phone in hand ready to call 911.

A cat burglar's mo:
Kitchen counter
Freezer
Bathroom counter and medicine chest
Main Entryway
Main bedroom, closet

Those are all the places where small items of value are going to be quickly found and retrieved. Those items are also easily put into a back pack.

Until SPD announces a 30 inch flat screen and large items were taken, I'm sticking with a burglar on foot.

I really don't know what to think. I wonder if some peeping tom type had been watching her from the alley. Then while she is in her shower he pops the lock (there are ways) and she is confronted coming out of the shower with a towel on her head.

Respectfully snipped:

I don't know. LE has said she was targeted and this wasn't random. It sort of seems to me that if someone had targeted her house for a burglary, they would have known when she was gone and then could have taken anything and everything much easier. The photos previously posted from inside her house while she lived there didn't make it appear as though there was much of value to see from her big front window that would entice a robber. Burglars tend to stay away from homes that have obvious security like a sign in the yard (or so I've been told). There’s no way to know from the outside if the alarm has been set, and police respond quickly to a house alarm, especially at night... and Allison's house is not far at all from Scottsdale Police main headquarters.

Also, a "designer" watch is open to interpretation - some are worth thousands, sure. However, she seemed to live well, but fairly modestly. It doesn't seem like someone would take the kind of risk this perp did just to grab a couple of watches and credit cards that apparently have never been used and kill her over them, even if she did surprise him. Granted, if the perp wasn't thinking clearly, it's possible that all this was totally unplanned, and he had no idea that she was home or what he'd find once he got in there. Still, I have a hard time reconciling the statement that she was targeted with a burglary that ended in murder. It's a pretty big step to go from robbing someone to killing them, even accidentally.

I do tend to lean toward the idea that the cloth LE said was on/around her head was a towel. I also tend to believe that the bleach-like substance that was found around her body was in fact bleach, which would probably be easily found under a sink or in a laundry room. If that's the case, it could maybe mean that the perp was confident enough in the fact that he had at least a little time to try to clean up/conceal without being discovered by her boyfriend (who was at the house regularly, IIRC) or someone else.

Between the apparent disorganization of the crime itself (which seems to indicate this person was not a pro at this), that obvious "thief" things were taken from her house, there was a significant struggle, there didn't appear to be forced entry and a few other things I've been noodling, it seems like this was more a crime of passion.

Again, this is all my own opinion and I could be completely off base.

I watched the video...so the Tiffany bracelet was never missing (found in the house), SPD have over 70 DNA profiles to work, and there's some designer watches missing.

So how much faith do I have in SPD? :thinking:

Perp took what was "out in the open". If it took a while for SPD or the family to find the bracelet, obviously it was somewhere that the perp wouldn't have dug around for.
If her purse was taken, that explains the disappearance of the credit cards.
Several designer watches can be explained by the perp pilfering her jewelry box.
The iPhone may have had DNA on it from the struggle, she comes into the main hallway, phone in hand ready to call 911.

A cat burglar's mo:
Kitchen counter
Freezer
Bathroom counter and medicine chest
Main Entryway
Main bedroom, closet

Those are all the places where small items of value are going to be quickly found and retrieved. Those items are also easily put into a back pack.

Until SPD announces a 30 inch flat screen and large items were taken, I'm sticking with a burglar on foot.

You know what, I agree. I think Allison put up a great fight and that's what got her killed. Sad.

Orangcrush, The burglar could have seen Allison's boyfriend leave and thought no one was home. Maybe he rang the doorbell and Allison was in the shower and didn't hear it, so he found his way in.
I really don't think it was personal at all. JMO.

Hmmm..........
Think it's possible that the perp was in the house .................nevermind.

SPD hasn't given any timeline from the alarm company. She may not have even activated it. The alarm company would have had every time the alarm was engaged and dis-engaged. We don't even know if the BF had to turn it off before he came in and found her.
Burglars almost ALWAYS target their victims. The ones that don't are usually the ones that get caught. Some watch residences for weeks, noting who lives there, their work, school schedules, when they are most likely to be there or not.
My ex, the felon, did a lot of his burglaries while the owners were asleep. He and a buddy of his hit a place down off Camelback Rd. and 44th street in Phoenix, and drove away with both of the owners' vehicles, a big grandfather clock, a Persian rug, a full size brass diving helmet and other large brass decorations, a microwave, TV, stereo equipment........you get the drift. The couple never woke up the entire time, 1:00am in the morning. They literally loaded both vehicles up and tied the rolled up rug on the roof of one of the cars. And this place had an alarm system, he just went through the crawl space opening in the garage and came down in the house and de-activated the alarm. I guess maybe you can thank the Marines for teaching him about contacts and switches, he was trained as an explosives expert. He was caught once because he left a fingerprint on a beer can in a front yard when he was 20, and another when he was in his late 30's, broke into a Phoenix Detective's home, tripped the alarm on his way out and tried to hide on a neighbor's roof. An LE helicopter with night vision spotted him.

He "cleared the paperwork" for 5 different agencies when they busted him for selling a stolen engraved silver jewelry box to a pawn shop, literally 100's of burglaries that were all unsolved for over a decade.
"Cleared the paperwork" means they cut a deal. Clear these cold cases with no charges and plead to the stolen box. Not one of those LE agencies had a single thread of evidence to connect him to any of those burglaries. All they had was someone who could get in and out, without tripping an alarm, and the home owners wouldn't know they had been robbed for hours and sometimes days. No one saw him. He had "clients" who would even give him a list of stuff they wanted and pay him COD. He had contacts with chop shops, crooked pawn dealers, black market buyers.

Professional thieves are smart. What they don't want, and many aren't prepared for, is to be caught by the homeowner in the house. My ex's biggest fear was being confronted by a homeowner with a shotgun.

SPD is really giving us nothing. If the bracelet was found, SPD still hasn't taken that information off there site yet.

:gaah:

As far as my ex.........major karma.

Wow! Just when the cases was getting cold, this new flurry of info... but confusing the way case has been handled and info released..

I don't know. Maybe the watches, etc were in plain sight and grabbed to make it look like a burglary gone wrong. This still seems too personal to me. Jmo

Thanks for the welcome. I am a friend of the family and was present at Allison's funeral in Minnesota. It was an absolutely heartbreaking experience that no family should ever have to go through. I pray every night that they catch whoever did this and give this wonderful family some bit of closure and peace. I can add, that much like another poster who was also there, I listened to Alex's speech and was very uncomfortable and almost nervous the whole time. Maybe it was just the whole tragedy of the funeral, but I was able to laugh with the stories her boss told about her and smile when her dad and sister spoke about Allison, but the whole time AS was talking, I was on edge. I spent several minutes in my car afterwards on the phone with my family back home trying to describe the weird feelings.

As for theories, I have a very hard time believing this was random. One thing I haven't seen mentioned (and maybe I missed it back in the other threads) is the idea that maybe Allison was targeted as a way to send a message. My theory (which is JMO with no pointing fingers at anyone specific) is that somewhere along the line, someone close to Allison was involved in some shady dealings that went south. Her attack was a meant as a warning or a retaliation. In my opinion, this would be why no one has been cleared at this point.

Orangcrush, The burglar could have seen Allison's boyfriend leave and thought no one was home. Maybe he rang the doorbell and Allison was in the shower and didn't hear it, so he found his way in.
I really don't think it was personal at all. JMO.

You could be right. It's definitely possible that he tried to "legitimately" enter the house and when there was no answer, he found his way inside and she surprised him.

I still have to go back to LE's statement that she was targeted, it was an isolated incident, and that no one in the neighborhood needed to worry (I'm paraphrasing - they also said for people to keep their doors locked, so...). There was this LE quote from an early news report by the local NBC news station: "We believe that Allison knew her attacker, that she was targeted" (bolding is my own). This seems REALLY personal to me. It feels to me like this was deliberate in terms of Allison - not necessarily in terms of what actually happened (robbery vs. murder), but in terms of it happening *to her* for some reason. My opinion only, of course.

The fact that LE said they think she knew her attacker puts an entirely different spin on things, in my eyes. How *well* she knew her attacker and what that person's motives initially were is up for debate. Maybe things have changed, maybe they've discovered additional details throughout the investigation that indicate it actually wasn't personal.

Here's something else that's been nagging at me. Its been months since this happened, and yet, no one has been named a person of interest or a suspect. Based on the evidence at the crime scene (the killer left DNA and fingerprints), it seems to me like this person was not experienced. His lame attempt to clean up clearly didn't do enough to remove incriminating evidence.

If Allison knew the person who did this to her and it was truly personal as LE has said, they must have run in the same circles (just guessing), which would mean her friends/coworkers/family might have known him as well. Based on that thought, would that be a compelling enough reason for the killer to make sure he never, ever seemed as though he could even be a POI, let alone a suspect? Mouth stays shut, stolen items are kept or disposed of in a way they cannot be found/traced, he's "there for the friends/family," etc.

I dunno. This is a very frustrating case and I so hope there will be some resolution for Allison's family soon.

(And as usual, all of this is just my opinion!)

Just wanted to check in, assuming there was no news. What a surprise, there actually is some news. Prayers are with her family. I'm hoping there's an arrest soon.

I think that LE believes she knew her murderer because they found no signs of a break-in. They must believe she let him in. Jmo

It's depressing to me that LE will not let the public help by letting out the details and camera images. All of this is hidden. To me this is very wrong. Obviously it is going nowhere. They have fingerprints and killer's DNA, okay but if he never commits a crime again or his conscience does not make him confess, what good is it.

Thanks for the welcome. I am a friend of the family and was present at Allison's funeral in Minnesota. It was an absolutely heartbreaking experience that no family should ever have to go through. I pray every night that they catch whoever did this and give this wonderful family some bit of closure and peace. I can add, that much like another poster who was also there, I listened to Alex's speech and was very uncomfortable and almost nervous the whole time. Maybe it was just the whole tragedy of the funeral, but I was able to laugh with the stories her boss told about her and smile when her dad and sister spoke about Allison, but the whole time AS was talking, I was on edge. I spent several minutes in my car afterwards on the phone with my family back home trying to describe the weird feelings.

As for theories, I have a very hard time believing this was random. One thing I haven't seen mentioned (and maybe I missed it back in the other threads) is the idea that maybe Allison was targeted as a way to send a message. My theory (which is JMO with no pointing fingers at anyone specific) is that somewhere along the line, someone close to Allison was involved in some shady dealings that went south. Her attack was a meant as a warning or a retaliation. In my opinion, this would be why no one has been cleared at this point.

Your background info and insights are appreciated.
A while back on previous thread there was a list of 6 possible theories; now, after reading your post, adding a 7th:

1. Burglary

2. Rapist

3. Serial Killer

4. Stalker (Neighbor or other)

5. Domestic Violence (Someone she was close to or knew from the past

6. Paid killer.

7. Meant as a warning or a retaliation.

Hi, Was it because Alex spoke broken English (does he?) or do you think he knows someone who might have done this, he has a child I believe with another woman. LE said they have the killer's DNA and they also have the boyfriend's so it obviously wasn't him at all. Maybe he felt out of his comfort zone and being foreign it was just hard for him. Thanks for all your info. and I certainly pray this is solved soon too.

Respectfully snipped:

My theory (which is JMO with no pointing fingers at anyone specific) is that somewhere along the line, someone close to Allison was involved in some shady dealings that went south. Her attack was a meant as a warning or a retaliation. In my opinion, this would be why no one has been cleared at this point.

This is a very interesting theory and one I had certainly not considered. I wonder if LE has looked into the background of anyone connected to Allison to see if they can discover anything potentially nefarious that would cause something this extreme. It makes me wonder, if this is the case, what on earth someone would be involved with where a murder would be considered a warning/retaliation - particularly when the murder of someone as wholesome as Allison seemed to be was the result. I mean, you see it in movies, but in real life? Scary stuff.

Hi, Was it because Alex spoke broken English (does he?) or do you think he knows someone who might have done this, he has a child I believe with another woman. LE said they have the killer's DNA and they also have the boyfriend's so it obviously wasn't him at all. Maybe he felt out of his comfort zone and being foreign it was just hard for him. Thanks for all your info. and I certainly pray this is solved soon too.

That being said, LE said no one has been cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl