AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an alarm system and 6 cameras. You can turn on the alarm and bypass windows if you chose to. We never heard whether her system was turned on. When her BF entered the house the day she was discovered, if the alarm was activated it would have gone off. However, being he was there often,I'm sure he knew the code. This is telling to me to know whether the alarm was activated. If the perp left and activated the alarm,he would have to know the code. In our case we have 60 sec. to leave.

You have commented in other posts that you have the phone app where you can operate the system remotely as well. Does anyone else you know, other than you and your husband have an app to your system?

I have an alarm system and 6 cameras. You can turn on the alarm and bypass windows if you chose to. We never heard whether her system was turned on. When her BF entered the house the day she was discovered, if the alarm was activated it would have gone off. However, being he was there often,I'm sure he knew the code. This is telling to me to know whether the alarm was activated. If the perp left and activated the alarm,he would have to know the code. In our case we have 60 sec. to leave.

No forced entry means the alarm could have been on and AF shut it off to let someone in, or AF's alarm wasn't on and someone snuck in.

Security systems can have key, keypad, or keyless (fob/wireless) activation/de-activation: What if AF's iPhone had her keyless/fob and the perp activated it when he left?

http://www.quepublishing.com/articles/article.aspx?p=2130751

As an iPhone user approaches the front door, the iPhone (running a proprietary app) serves as a wireless and virtual key and unlocks the door automatically. The phone can remain in a pocket or purse, as long as its Bluetooth feature is turned on. You can then lock the deadbolt again using a series of physical taps on the lock or using the app.

Instead of replacing your existing deadbolt, the August Smart Lock attaches to the interior side of a door using two screws. Thus, the existing keys for the current deadbolt continue to function as they always have. However, someone with an iPhone can use a keyless system that requires no access codes to memorize because the iPhone app serves as a virtual and secure key.

Replying to my own quote and question to Luvrosco:

You have commented in other posts that you have the phone app where you can operate the system remotely as well. Does anyone else you know, other than you and your husband have an app to your system?

Actually I do recall now that you once posted your son kept one of his vehicles in your garage. So I assume he probably has the app on his phone to your system as well.

The reason for my question was that I wanted to point out that Allison could have had a phone app and someone else could have had it to......to be able to operate the system remotely.

:)

No forced entry means the alarm could have been on and AF shut it off to let someone in, or AF's alarm wasn't on and someone snuck in.

Security systems can have key, keypad, or keyless (fob/wireless) activation/de-activation: What if AF's iPhone had her keyless/fob and the perp activated it when he left?

I think by this time, by the time the perp left, Allison's iPhone had been rendered unusable. imo

I'm actually confused here by all this talk about the perp activating the alarm system. Do we have any reason to believe the alarm system was on when the BF found her body?

Yes, our son. We can also view the cameras live.

Yes, our son. We can also view the cameras live.

Yes, your son has the app for convenience and maybe to make sure you are safe as well, even though he could let himself in without it, of course. Also, I bet he has the app to view the cameras inside and outside of your home. Am I correct in my assumption?

I assume you have two apps. One to control the system and one to view your cameras? I know this is what I have for the security system I operate.

It can also open the garage door, adjust the temperature in the house, and do all kinds of things.

Amazing how advanced technology and phone apps have changed our lifestyles.

The point I'm trying to make here is that often people with security systems will allow someone else to have their security app on their own phone. Even view the cameras from their own phone.

There are a variety of reasons one would do this, without the speculation of going into so many of them.

No, but I think it's important to know if it was activated when her BF entered her home. The reason being,if it was on the person would have to know the code to activate it. I remember seeing an ID Discovery show and this was how they caught the perp. He knew the code. She might have given it to a couple of people. My son is the only other person that has ours,but we have our neighbors code.

No, but I think it's important to know if it was activated when her BF entered her home. The reason being,if it was on the person would have to know the code to activate it. I remember seeing an ID Discovery show and this was how they caught the perp. He knew the code. She might have given it to a couple of people. My son is the only other person that has ours,but we have our neighbors code.

I would love to know if it was activated when the BF went over there and found the body. I would also love to know about a thousand other details that I don't know.

One would think that if LE expects us to solve this they would give us more to go on! :)

Ya know, If I was LE and I was really stumped on a big high profile case like this and I didn't know who did it, I would update the public with every piece of information that I had in hopes that this would help someone to come forth with information that could find the killer.

But that's just what I would do if this were the case, which I'm not convinced it is.

There was a lady at the community meeting wearing a great big tin foil hat. She said aliens had been spotted that night. She was passing out flyers with a drawing of the spaceship and the alien.

I wish I hadn't tossed it.
;)

Wow, WS could have started a new and interesting thread.

A possible scenario:

What I envision is that Allison had someone at her home that she knew very well. For some reason they got into an argument. It must have had something to do with finances or jealousy or rejection for an argument to escalate to violence. I really don't think her murder was planned. In fact they might have even had a couple of drinks before the argument ensued. For all we know, the person who did it might have been drinking quite a bit when it happened. It seems like so many things are alcohol related these days.

This person might have become so enraged that they said things to Allison that caused her to react in a way that, under the influence, caused them to react even more violently. After all, Allison wasn't the type of girl to put up with anyone treating her disrespectfully or to tolerate any kind of abuse. I doubt she had ever been subjected to any kind of violence or abuse before in her life.

I can see it starting out that way....

And I can see it ending with her dead and the perp totally panicked, even remorseful. At this point he might have even called someone to ask their advice. They might have even come over to help clean up....put the bleach around, destroy the evidence.

I could see LE being baffled by having more than one DNA..........

imo

I totally agree with you on these points, which led to "the perfect storm."

And, let us remember that LE said the suspect, though not normally violent, could become violent when confronted!!! As has been speculated here earlier, perhaps LE could tell from the crime scene how the altercation with Allison unfolded, and have had additional experience with him when they "confronted" him with some evidence.

What I don't understand is why LE let a month go by without letting the public know about his possibly having cuts and scratches (or words to that effect) on his hands and arms. Have they explained that?

If the BF usually spent the night but she shooed him away that night, then she was expecting someone, Imo. So if this is the case, Imo, either that person killed her as a result of an argument, or maybe the BF came back, suspecting something was going on. In any event, I feel like she let someone in.

But...if someone she knew was coming over...not sure how to explain LE thinking he lived nearby, unless he parked car elsewhere (in case BF drove by?) or she had a special friend or ex in the neighborhood.

In my youthful single days...I remember making late-night visitors doing a long park & walk, to prevent another guy from seeing a particular car in front of my apartment. Once, the guy had to leave a different way as the other guy was parked in front of my building, watching.

Still...the little LE is saying about this case makes it even more confusing to try to get an idea if they have a suspect or not. The info about the DNA is most confusing; they say they have the evidence that will show who the killer is yet won't or can't rule out the boyfriend.

I watch a lot of true crime shows. Just this weekend, I counted eight times that Le said who they were able to rule out and why, early on. So they DO rule people out, if they can. It is easier for them to get people cleared if they can, and also makes life easier for the POI's and/or those close to victim to be officially cleared. I am not understanding why LE will not just clear the BF in plain terms. Jmo

Jmo

If the BF usually spent the night but she shooed him away that night, then she was expecting someone, Imo. So if this is the case, Imo, either that person killed her as a result of an argument, or maybe the BF came back, suspecting something was going on. In any event, I feel like she let someone in.

But...if someone she knew was coming over...not sure how to explain LE thinking he lived nearby, unless he parked car elsewhere (in case BF drove by?) or she had a special friend or ex in the neighborhood.

In my youthful single days...I remember making late-night visitors doing a long park & walk, to prevent another guy from seeing a particular car in front of my apartment. Once, the guy had to leave a different way as the other guy was parked in front of my building, watching.

Still...the little LE is saying about this case makes it even more confusing to try to get an idea if they have a suspect or not. The info about the DNA is most confusing; they say they have the evidence that will show who the killer is yet won't or can't rule out the boyfriend.

I watch a lot of true crime shows. Just this weekend, I counted eight times that Le said who they were able to rule out and why, early on. So they DO rule people out, if they can. It is easier for them to get people cleared if they can, and also makes life easier for the POI's and/or those close to victim to be officially cleared. I am not understanding why LE will not just clear the BF in plain terms. Jmo

Jmo

WOW! Weren't YOU a WILD ONE!!!

I'll bet you're still a HANDFUL!

:floorlaugh:

Yes, cluciano you had quite a lot of suitors, LOL. Perhaps, Allison had another love interest,too.

OT- Yeah, some crazy years. Am separated now after a long marriage now, so who knows...

Just asking because I really can't grasp how this works: while forensic evidence could perhaps rule in or out who was physically present at a crime scene, IF a specific crime was committed by a hired perp, would it not be impossible to clear anyone theoretically? That possibility pretty much always exists, unless there is a witness to the crime who can ID the perp, right? I am probably stating this too simply. It just seems to me that DNA cannot eliminate someone who may have HIRED the person who actually committed the crime. Am I wrong?

Just asking because I really can't grasp how this works: while forensic evidence could perhaps rule in or out who was physically present at a crime scene, IF a specific crime was committed by a hired perp, would it not be impossible to clear anyone theoretically? That possibility pretty much always exists, unless there is a witness to the crime who can ID the perp, right? I am probably stating this too simply. It just seems to me that DNA cannot eliminate someone who may have HIRED the person who actually committed the crime. Am I wrong?

Yes, DNA etc won't help with a hired killer, as far as eliminating someone else having hired/persuaded them to do it. This is partly why I am so confused by LE's statement. I have seen many cases where LE gets a DNA match through CODIS and still can't just go arrest that person. First they have to place him in the area/town, then determine that this person did not have any relationship/consensual contact, etc. In fact, they often trip up the suspect when he denies even knowing the victim, as then he cannot explain how his DNA got on her body, etc...

So it is unclear to me right now how having a DNA sample cannot, presumably, clear a person but can point to one...jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay