AZ AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I often wonder if the perp could've been there since Valentines Day. We don't know otherwise...do we?

No, we don't know what happened after Valentine's Day. We only know that pic with the tulips was posted on February 14th, 2015 at 12:02 p.m. We don't know who was there or how long they were there or when they came and when they left.

But maybe the camera knows.

imo

No, we don't know what happened after Valentine's Day. We only know that pic with the tulips was posted on February 14th, 2015 at 12:02 p.m. We don't know who was there or how long they were there or when they came and when they left.

But maybe the camera knows.

imo
I'm getting to the point where it's difficult to post anything without being repetitive...for myself anyhow. It seems like there should be an arrest soon but I still have feelings that it could go unsolved. Has ANYONE been ruled out by LE yet?

I'm getting to the point where it's difficult to post anything without being repetitive...for myself anyhow. It seems like there should be an arrest soon but I still have feelings that it could go unsolved. Has ANYONE been ruled out by LE yet?
So in reality, the perp could've been with her in her home for days? Wow that's a creapy thought.

Good grief, I'm responding to my own posts. Losing it! I haven't figured out how to post properly on here. Sorry.

So, only the BF says she kicked him out early? I can't recall if there is proof of his leaving early?

Here's a link to the sister saying something about him being kicked out:

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/28157730/2015/02/20/scottsdale-ariz-murder-victim-identified-as-minnetonka-hs-grad

<snipped>

“He's beside himself because he's over at her place quite a bit, because he worries about her living alone,” Kelly said. “Of course he wasn't there on Tuesday night. She had kicked him out, basically saying because he's in grad school -- like go home and study and have quiet time. He's beside himself. He, of course, is the one who discovered her. He can barely form words right now.”

So, only the BF says she kicked him out early? I can't recall if there is proof of his leaving early?
I had heard if I remember correctly, that AF sister reported that. The only comfirmed comings/goings I've heard is the perp leaving around 1am & then around 15 hrs later her BF finding AF.

As far as I know it's what the BF told Allison's sister. I don't recall ever stating this as fact. I'm sure the BF was interviewed by LE and gave them a specific time.

Thanks Bernina, your dad's system sounds like my outdated system...

It's really a good system! If you wanted to "upgrade", something as simple as a few IR cameras with a 20 foot range with CAT5 connections (like the plug on your land line), or wireless cameras (they're kinda silly because you have to run electrical to them so they might as well have the video bundled with it) and a DVR unit that you can plug into your modem or computer.
But if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
My dad had 1 break in before he got the system. After the system was put in, 0 break ins and it worked like a charm for about 30 years until the house was demolished when the property was sold.

Re AF's alarm system: Do we know whether LE was able to confirm the time her BF left her house? Certainly if info from the system were available, they would have checked his arrival/departure time right away. At least they would know that much... and perhaps more...

It's frustrating that we don't know a darn thing about her security system. Also frustrating that we know that would be a closely held piece of info.:gaah:

Yes, it's obvious to me it was noone she knew personally. I don't think it was a hit at all either, that's way too far out. I think it was someone with a crush on her and saw the BF leave and knew she was alone. So LE has the killer's DNA, then go find the person it matches. Do what they did in that case, Raleigh N.C. and interview all the neighbors and take swabs.

I agree, nancydrew (without Nancy Drew in my young daze, I would have prolly not have been the person I am now. Love your name!) -- I think the perp was either someone who followed her home one day and waited for her to be alone (or returned) to do the deed; or it is a neighbor who had been watching her, perhaps peeping in her window (a la Bundy), before he was brave enuff to enter and do his thing. JMHO.

Yes,we sure don't know much. Even though she has a security system,we don't even know if she used it all the time. But, if there were cameras from another or more than one house,that could be good evidence for LE. I'm sure if this is the case,they looked at the footage very carefully.

There are so many security system out there, who knows but LE, the security company, AF's family, bf, and the perp.
My dad's system was directly linked to the security company via land line (phone) back in the late 70's. If the alarm went off (and it was audible so the entire neighborhood heard it), SPD be there in about 5 minutes if the security company didn't get an answer to a "security call" or the right "password" if someone answered the phone. It had 3 panic buttons, one at the top of the stairwell on the 2nd floor, one in the kitchen which was central on the first floor, and one at the garage door. 2 motion sensors, 1 in the stair well, another in the breakfast room that covered entry ways to the kitchen, dinning room, pantry, utility room, hallway to garage, and outdoor patio to the pool. It was a "hard key" system. No keypads.
There aren't any monitoring companies out in the boonies where I live now, so my cameras' feeds are stored on a removable hardrive that re-writes every 30 days, and "realtime" uploaded to a dedicated IP address that stores everything for as long as I want it.
The current standard is security monitoring running through your modem/Wi-Fi directly to the monitoring company.

Just wanted to thank you, Bernina, for the great alarm system info!

Yes,we sure don't know much. Even though she has a security system,we don't even know if she used it all the time. But, if there were cameras from another or more than one house,that could be good evidence for LE. I'm sure if this is the case,they looked at the footage very carefully.

Yes...and in this report from Fox News dated March 20th, they quote LE as saying they are still weeks out on processing all the evidence they collected.

With this being the case they might just now be getting back all the results of the tests:

Fox News Report dated March 20, 2015
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...op-priority?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/2...op-priority?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass

<snipped>

"They say they are still weeks away from processing all of the evidence they collected, FOX 10 spoke with the commander in charge of the investigation."

imo

I think LE said they have film on the BF coming over to find her body...but not of him leaving the night before? As far as I know...

Not to bore you with my camera stories,but at night it's very difficult to make out much other than a figure. My next door neighbor's asked us to review our cameras because they were having an issue with someone ringing their bell a few night and when they went to answer,no one was there. My son reviewed the pictures over a few nights and he could see was a figure. They didn't have any outside lights on. Turned out it was a young teenager that lived down the block,just playing games. I don't know if he would been able to to see him better if they had on any outside lights.

It has to do with the type of camera you have and it's specs:
Analog vs Digital
White Balance
Back light compensation
Gamma
The range and amount of IR bulbs
Lux (Color cameras need more illumination at night than B & W, Lux is your illumination amount) Had to look the following up: Daytime light is 10,000 LUX, quarter moon is .01 LUX, so you need to increase the Lux of your camera with IR lights to compensate for loss of Lux, more so with color cameras.
F-stop, the lower the number the faster the frame to frame
Resolution: the pixel lines, the more pixels in a line, the more crisp the image

IR's are going to increase your illumination/LUX, but aren't perceivable by the naked eye unless you know where the IR unit is and you're looking directly at it. Think of it as "Night Vision". You'll be able to see pretty clearly.

I don't think it was a neighbor,unless there was a neighbor that she had become friendly with. I believe MissD eluded to the fact that she didn't appear to know her neighbors well. I can understand this,as she wasn't living there too long and worked full time,which also including traveling.

I agree, nancydrew (without Nancy Drew in my young daze, I would have prolly not have been the person I am now. Love your name!) -- I think the perp was either someone who followed her home one day and waited for her to be alone (or returned) to do the deed; or it is a neighbor who had been watching her, perhaps peeping in her window (a la Bundy), before he was brave enuff to enter and do his thing. JMHO.

A neighbor who was infatuated with her. She probably was friendly enough to open the door when she saw him. Reason being she was from the upper Midwest and everyone interacts with their neighbors there. It's a given. I know I lived there for many years. "Always be nice to your neighbors".
On another note, in my youth, I read every Nancy Drew book there was. I wanted to be a detective but thought only men could be that. Sigh. LOL. Now I know different..

"We believe this to be an isolated case," said Sgt. Ben Hoster with the Scottsdale Police Department. "We believe that Allison knew her attacker"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper