Found Deceased AZ - Allison Feldman, 31, Scottsdale, 18 Feb 2015 #4 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thanks and excitement to make this announcement today

3 years ago, we lost Allison

Non-stop investigation of this case, 450 items of evidence, 300+ interviews, never stopped investigating, was never a cold case, more thanks...

collected DNA (which we knew), swabs from hundreds of potential suspects

3,000-4,000 personnel hours

From DNA, developed offender profile, entered into CODIS, which was searched over the last 3 years...

exhausted all leads, conferred with DPS re familial DNA search...

last week, they got their hit and did follow up investigation

First degree murder charges

More thanks for DPS (now saying it was a cold case at one point)

AZ one of only 12 states to do this familial testing - process took 6-8 months to set up with help from other states

reciting requirements for requesting familial DNA testing... Scottsdale PD was first dept to make this request to DPS (Dept. of Public Safety)

very expensive process to do this testing, but allowed LE to identify suspect in custody in AZ prison already who had familial DNA linkage to the crime scene DNA sample that was left from crime scene

linked DNA from crime scene to prisoner already in custody (same blood line as MITCHAM)

References Grim Sleeper case in LA re this type of DNA testing...

lots of talk about the testing... overview of process, etc.

Scottsdale PD very proud of what they've done

This technology will help end some frustrations.

Q&A (can't hear questions, just the answers)

no link between suspect and Allison - can't find one or show one

suspect still in custody, waiting to be transferred "downtown"

arrested in January 2015 for DUI (not sure if they mean him or his familial DNA link)

Long road to get here, learned a lot about Allison and grew close with the family over this time

LOST FEED, car commercial (because I am looking for a car, I assume...)

attachment.php

Ian Mitcham, age 42.

Attachments

• ian mitcham.jpg
    ian mitcham.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 317
I guess that's it. No details yet.

So happy for her family... to have some sort of "closure" - (ugh, hate that expression... but you know what I mean) they wanted this - justice, someone to answer for what happened to this bright young woman.

I am not putting his mugshot here but someone else might want to.

To think, he thought he was getting away with this...

Mitcham's brother was in prison, familial match made to Ian through CODIS.
400+ pieces of evidence.
1st familial murder suspect in the history of Arizona.

Wow!!! Nabbed this killer!! Thank God!! First degree murder. Familiar dna matched( his)unknown dna from scene to his brother who in Az prison for molestation. First test done in Az!! They reported they have NO link( other than this dna match) to Allison as far as they know, or what they are reporting now.

So how did he know her? Why was she the victim? We will hopefully find out.

So thankful they finally got her killer scum off the streets!!! Allison may you rest in peace. So sorry, you should still be here, we all got to know you a littke bit, and your life was taken so violently and it's so unfair. We all wanted this solved and some justice!! Today we got some.

I guess that's it. No details yet.

So happy for her family... to have some sort of "closure" - (ugh, hate that expression... but you know what I mean) they wanted this - justice, someone to answer for what happened to this bright young woman.

I am not putting his mugshot here but someone else might want to.

To think, he thought he was getting away with this...
Thank you so much for updates. The Minnesota news had only part of it (I guess Facebook is more important) and Allison grew up in MN.

So glad and I hope it all works out. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Can someone drop a link to the story in the BREAKING NEWS thread? I can't right now but I bet other WSers would appreciate hearing about this arrest!

I don't believe this suspect EVER came up in any posts we made over the last 3 plus years...........wow.

Presser is over. Authorities won't go into details to avoid compromising case..............stay tuned!
Long wait for the family over, now the wait for a court date, possible trial, etc.

I was thinking the suspect would trip up and be arrested for something else and they would get his DNA then. I wonder if Allison knew him or had met him before. I remember at one point LE thought the suspect might have been from out of town and had returned to where he came from. This guy was apparently there in town all along.

Just wondering if I should go way, way back in the case where pictures from a club Allison went to were posted.........:thinking:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back