Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think you have the wrong area. He lived on E. Ocotillo off 7th Street (between Maryland and Glendale Ave.) I don't see anything for Dec. 31,2021
Looks like you are looking over where he car was located at the Super 8.
I was canvassing the area, since I'm assuming he was in his car at some point and out driving somewhere. I don't think he was accosted at his home, that's my theory. I'm not seeing much during the time frame from when he told his friend he wasn't meeting him to the time his body was found.

I was canvassing the area, since I'm assuming he was in his car at some point and out driving somewhere. I don't think he was accosted at his home, that's my theory.
Got it now....and I'm thinking similar. But I don't see him going to that area. I see the "scene" of abduction happening closer to home. I see that area on i-17 as a car dump site. As in why would someone continue to drive around for 12 hours after they just killed him in New River (or elsewhere and dumped in New River).

Got it now....and I'm thinking similar. But I don't see him going to that area. I see the "scene" of abduction happening closer to home. I see that area on i-17 as a car dump site. As in why would someone continue to drive around for 12 hours after they just killed him in New River (or elsewhere and dumped in New River).
That's one of the things I can't get, why drive the car around for hours? Why not just drive it back and dump it?

I think you have the wrong area. He lived on E. Ocotillo off 7th Street (between Maryland and Glendale Ave.) I don't see anything for Dec. 31,2021
Looks like you are looking over where the car was located at the Super 8.

When I use that website, it shows BA's death as Murder/Manslaughter.

These are the circumstances a person could be charged with Manslaughter in the state of Arizona.

Manslaughter in Arizona (A.R.S §13-1103) | DM Cantor

Last edited:
You can also see a clearer picture of where his body was found if you switch to satellite view.
I am seeing it tagged right at the overpass on I-17 not "west of I-17 in the desert".
See my Map for a guess as to what west of I-17 off Table Mesa Rd. might mean. I am running up in the AM to look for crime scene tape etc, and what kind of housing is out there general terrain better idea of how long body might be concealed.
Might have to zoom in up at New River....
Benjamin - Google My Maps

Where is New River? I don't see that name where BA's body was allegedly found.

I am seeing it tagged right at the overpass on I-17 not "west of I-17 in the desert".
See my Map for a guess as to what west of I-17 off Table Mesa Rd. might mean. I am running up in the AM to look for crime scene tape etc, and what kind of housing is out there general terrain better idea of how long body might be concealed.
Might have to zoom in up at New River....
I'm surprised at how wide open the area is. It would seem that someone would have seen something. There wasn't much of an attempt at hiding the body, so they knew it would be quickly found, another reason why it doesn't make sense that they kept the car for so long.

@Another friend of Ben
Do you know at all whether Ben was on any dating sites?

Or, if he was selling anything and advertising on Craigslist or other selling platform?
Didn't he recently move to that condo? Maybe he wanted to redecorate.

I can't help think he may have been catfished.

All of your suggestions are possibilities.

One of our friends married a guy she met online so I suggested it. I don’t know if he was during this time or not so I won’t rule out being catfished. But if he was going out to meet someone I think he would tell somebody just in case.

If he did anything on Craig’s list he wouldn’t tell me because I expressed concern over way too many people end up dead connected to Craig’s list. I know it’s only a tiny percentage but that’s enough for me.

@Another friend of Ben
Do you know at all whether Ben was on any dating sites?

Or, if he was selling anything and advertising on Craigslist or other selling platform?
Didn't he recently move to that condo? Maybe he wanted to redecorate.

I can't help think he may have been catfished.
Yes, the address was a recent move (see text screenshots).

Attachments

• A009CFF1-6C53-48ED-A177-4B3CDD682BFB.jpeg
    A009CFF1-6C53-48ED-A177-4B3CDD682BFB.jpeg
    33 KB · Views: 125
  • 1CFA2682-7413-4091-8A6F-240B0218E4CA.jpeg
    1CFA2682-7413-4091-8A6F-240B0218E4CA.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 111
Where is New River? I don't see that name where BA's body was allegedly found.
ON the LexisNexis crime map it is labeled right under the block that has the dets on Ben is "NEW RIVER" This interchange is on the north end of the area. Zoom in or look on my map...or a regular google map.

Last edited:
I wonder if that Stodghill & Sons Mining site has any significance.

Any old mining shafts in the area? Maybe a killer couldn't find one, or the site is secured, fenced?
I was thinking about your idea of being catfished. Could he have been looking for a specific item and found it on craigslist or fb, got a call to go out and meet someone to pick pay for the item and been held up? If we knew cause of death it would certainly help. I'm assuming they'll release that within the next couple of weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor
Back