Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is the most recent thread on Daniel’s case.
AZ - AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

JJ has done so much incredible work with Mr. Robinson and his family, and I’m sure I only know a fraction considering I’ve just read through the threads, but I’m blown away nonetheless! A true WS and so much more JJ, thank you for all that you do.
Thank you so much @Nancy Drew 22
I appreciate it
I listened to a really interesting podcast by Kone Gallagher and Ethan Flick and I have some real concerns from an investigation viewpoint

No, you are fine. Do not even worry. :) ♥️

I’m just relaying a message as I was asked to do. It sounds like some stuff that wasn’t in the obituary was shared. They knew it would be public.

I’m sure I shared way more than they are probably happy with. My posting and response made it easy to identify exactly who I am. I shared things about him to humanize him and show he’s more than just the body found on New Year’s Eve.

It was also a way of processing this unexpected loss. I was so happy that people too an interest and took time to reading over all these posts and respond. I think it’s still very possible that someone here may know something that may help.
Most of here understand completely. Just to let you know, many of us here empathize because we've had similar situations in our own lives, it's what drives us to come here and try to help. I'm amazed at the kindness and poise you're both showing, a strength and love for Ben that is clear. Hang in there, the people responsible will be found. We've always been shocked at how much work the police are doing behind the scenes. Keeping his face in the public eye and reminding the world Ben was more than this tragic event is the most important thing his friends and family can do. My hope is that someone who saw something, or knows something, will read these posts and call the police. Or maybe some little memory will be triggered, some little detail will come out that someone may have forgotten.

I liked the way the obituary was written. @Mccrackenator said it very well. Focus on the deceased and not just a list of surviving relatives. I think the parents are wonderful with their bowing out of the GO FUND ME for funeral expenses and diverting it to causes Ben obviously cared about. And their low profile in terms of publicity is quite frankly refreshing.
I agree! I found it to be both eloquent and elegant. Their public actions, or lack there of, has shown a level of class. It seems as though Ben was the same. That being said, I’m perplexed by the area that he recently moved to. I know some of you have said that you live close by. Is it a situation where one block it’s safe and the next it’s not? The neighbor that was interviewed said it was a safe neighborhood. I know crime can happen everywhere but I definitely would not willing move towards crime if I had the choice. I wonder why he chose that location? Closer to work? Friends? Up and coming area? Some comments on other articles have compared Phoenix to Chicago. Is this a comparable comparison? Have things drastically worsened since Covid?? If this is the case, you would assume more residents would have cameras.

The obituary was made public on Heritage’s own website with buttons allowing folks to easily share it on Facebook, Twitter, etc. so - yes, the “public can see it.”

Several of Ben’s contacts had already posted it PUBLICLY to their Facebook pages some time ago for friends & non-friends to view. Also, the same is true w/the Rest In Peace Dear Ben memorial Facebook Page which also published the information publicly. (Please see attached screenshot for example/verification.)

I think you may have misunderstood @Another friend of Ben 's comment. The parents KNOW that the obituary is public, and they know the huge interest in Ben's case; therefore, they intentionally left their names out of the obituary so that they didn't get annoying phone calls, scam messages, and the like. It is honesty horrible what families of the missing often endure from the public.

Again, I just want you both to know that we appreciate the time you have taken to share Ben with us!

I agree! I found it to be both eloquent and elegant. Their public actions, or lack there of, has shown a level of class. It seems as though Ben was the same. That being said, I’m perplexed by the area that he recently moved to. I know some of you have said that you live close by. Is it a situation where one block it’s safe and the next it’s not? The neighbor that was interviewed said it was a safe neighborhood. I know crime can happen everywhere but I definitely would not willing move towards crime if I had the choice. I wonder why he chose that location? Closer to work? Friends? Up and coming area? Some comments on other articles have compared Phoenix to Chicago. Is this a comparable comparison? Have things drastically worsened since Covid?? If this is the case, you would assume more residents would have cameras.

Ben’s neighborhood is fairly nice. It’s all single family homes that are over 500k, lots of trees and grass lawns, good sized yards, and peaceful residential streets. The houses are several decades old but well-kept or remodeled. There’s only one for sale right now on Zillow and it’s listed at 700k for 2500SF. Phoenix is definitely not like Chicago in terms of violent crime but there is a growing transient problem which is often accompanied by violent and property crime. Lots of people do have Ring doorbell cameras or knock-off brands just because they have gotten more commonplace and affordable.

Thank you so much @Nancy Drew 22
I appreciate it
I listened to a really interesting podcast by Kone Gallagher and Ethan Flick and I have some real concerns from an investigation viewpoint
All the podcasts are from David's perspective...go over to the thread (#1 and #2) and see my comments as well as reading the entire Buckeye PD report. here is a link to a downloadable version <modsnip>
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21080582/robinson-report-9-23-21.pdf

Police Dept. Over view of case ...

The Daniel Robinson Investigation Overview | City of Buckeye

Last edited by a moderator:
"Uptown" is were the gay population congregate / live. I lived there for 25 years and am only 5 miles away now. Only Burglaries for the most part but the avenues (19th and west are getting a bit long in the tooth and anything south of Indian School on the streets over to 40th st. is a mixed bag. We are not Chicago but we are the 5th or 6th largest metro area now. Just by chance 3 people have been killed at 16th St. and Bethany Home since 1995 (but all were unrelated and only one situation the killer was local resident to area.

So today I went to a house on the corner of Ben's Street and 7th. She had a RING I noticed but unfortunately it is motion activated. Nothing was recorded the afternoon evening before or Dec.31 of interest. The next door neighbor has a NEST but were not home.

I then went back up to Table Mesa Rd. A link of a video I shot of the general area is linked. It's not all that remote, pretty busy with shooters and I would think on Dec. 31 a few would have been around. It was mostly cloudy and a little cool but no rain. I talked to a few groups but no one had been there on Dec. 31.

@Another friend of Ben and @BenjaminJAndersonAlly , I would urge for friends to set up a "station" at the W. Table Mesa Rd. (a bit down from the interchange) on as many days as possible (but particularly the next weekend) and ask anyone coming in if they were there Dec. 31 AM. A quick "yes" or "no" and they proceed on. Hand out flyers.

If the phone was not on Ben or in the car and is still of interest, other friends can scan/search each side of the road back to the recovery site.

I would also urge the new 25k reward flyers with a highlighted description of the 3 people and a picture of the unburned car be distributed in the Apartment complexes North of Super 8 along the frontage road and 27th Ave. North Of Washington High School. I just think those 3 stayed close all night to their home base. Might as well paper the homeless in the alley too. See attached map

Benjamin Area.mp4

upload_2022-1-15_16-22-13.png

Last edited:
So today I went to a house on the corner of Ben's Street and 7th. She had a RING I noticed but unfortunately it is motion activated. Nothing was recorded the afternoon evening before or Dec.31 of interest. The next door neighbor has a NEST but were not home.

I then went back up to Table Mesa Rd. A link of a video I shot of the general area is linked. It's not all that remote, pretty busy with shooters and I would think on Dec. 31 a few would have been around. It was mostly cloudy and a little cool but no rain. I talked to a few groups but no one had been there on Dec. 31.

@Another friend of Ben and @BenjaminJAndersonAlly , I would urge for friends to set up a "station" at the W. Table Mesa Rd. (a bit down from the interchange) on as many days as possible (but particularly the next weekend) and ask anyone coming in if they were there Dec. 31 AM. A quick "yes" or "no" and they proceed on. Hand out flyers.

If the phone was not on Ben or in the car and is still of interest, other friends can scan/search each side of the road back to the recovery site.

I would also urge the new 25k reward flyers with a highlighted description of the 3 people and a picture of the unburned car be distributed in the Apartment complexes North of Super 8 along the frontage road and 27th Ave. North Of Washington High School. I just think those 3 stayed close all night to their home base. Might as well paper the homeless in the alley too. See attached map

Benjamin Area.mp4

View attachment 330113
EXCELLENT suggestions!

New Story (NO UPDATES, just a conversation with Dan and recap of events. Hopefully folks on here take this for what it is instead of reading further into it): Friends of man found killed in New River plead for answers

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - It's been two weeks since Benjamin Anderson's body was found in the desert near New River, but so far, no arrests have been made, and the sheriff's office is staying tight-lipped on their investigation.

"I'm hopeful they have information, leads, but I'm also hopeful there's somebody out there who saw something and can report it," said Daniel Stahoviak, Benjamin's close friend. "We're all bursting at the seams wanting to know information but trying to keep ourselves calm, knowing that they're working on it."

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has not released any details regarding Benjamin's death, other than that it is being investigated as a homicide.

Stahoviak, however, said that he and his friends started looking for Benjamin when he didn't show up to his parent's house to watch their dog on New Year's Eve.

"He loved that dog, and he was supposed to be there New Year's Eve, and when he didn't show up, that's when we absolutely knew," Stahoviak explained. "Through the night, it progressed. We saw the car with the trio in it at 12:20 in the morning. That was like, okay, something's wrong. Something's seriously wrong."

Benjamin's friends were able to track his car to a motel along I-17, but the vehicle was gone by the time Phoenix Police arrived. Stahoviak and his friends searched for the vehicle and eventually found it at a Sheraton near I-17 and Dunlap, with three people standing around the car. Before they could confront the trio, friends say they took off, and they tried to follow them before ultimately losing sight of them.

Several hours later, the car was found burned in the parking lot of the UEI College.

Meanwhile, friends later found out that MCSO was already investigating a body found in the desert off Table Mesa Road, which was later identified as Benjamin. MCSO says they received the call about the body around 1:40 pm on December 31st.

"I mean, he was not hated by anybody. He had a lot of people that reported to him at work; they all loved him, all of his friends loved him," Stahoviak said.

Stahoviak said he and Benjamin have been friends for 24 years.

"He was fun, he was a self-proclaimed introvert, but he was absolutely not an introvert. He knew everybody. He would know everybody in his complex, all of his neighbors. He just would talk to anybody," he said.

Benjamin's friends and family have raised$25,000 for anyone who has information leading to an arrest.

"I think there are people out there that know. Somebody saw something, somebody talked to somebody — either you were on Table Mesa Road, or you were near his home somewhere on the 31st, saw his car, or maybe somebody shared something with you — it's okay to report these issues. You can even call anonymously to report to MCSO," Stahoviak said.

MCSO said there are no updates on this case at this time.

New Story (NO UPDATES, just a conversation with Dan and recap of events. Hopefully folks on here take this for what it is instead of reading further into it): Friends of man found killed in New River plead for answers

PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) - It's been two weeks since Benjamin Anderson's body was found in the desert near New River, but so far, no arrests have been made, and the sheriff's office is staying tight-lipped on their investigation.

"I'm hopeful they have information, leads, but I'm also hopeful there's somebody out there who saw something and can report it," said Daniel Stahoviak, Benjamin's close friend. "We're all bursting at the seams wanting to know information but trying to keep ourselves calm, knowing that they're working on it."

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office has not released any details regarding Benjamin's death, other than that it is being investigated as a homicide.

Stahoviak, however, said that he and his friends started looking for Benjamin when he didn't show up to his parent's house to watch their dog on New Year's Eve.

"He loved that dog, and he was supposed to be there New Year's Eve, and when he didn't show up, that's when we absolutely knew," Stahoviak explained. "Through the night, it progressed. We saw the car with the trio in it at 12:20 in the morning. That was like, okay, something's wrong. Something's seriously wrong."

Benjamin's friends were able to track his car to a motel along I-17, but the vehicle was gone by the time Phoenix Police arrived. Stahoviak and his friends searched for the vehicle and eventually found it at a Sheraton near I-17 and Dunlap, with three people standing around the car. Before they could confront the trio, friends say they took off, and they tried to follow them before ultimately losing sight of them.

Several hours later, the car was found burned in the parking lot of the UEI College.

Meanwhile, friends later found out that MCSO was already investigating a body found in the desert off Table Mesa Road, which was later identified as Benjamin. MCSO says they received the call about the body around 1:40 pm on December 31st.

"I mean, he was not hated by anybody. He had a lot of people that reported to him at work; they all loved him, all of his friends loved him," Stahoviak said.

"He was fun, he was a self-proclaimed introvert, but he was absolutely not an introvert. He knew everybody. He would know everybody in his complex, all of his neighbors. He just would talk to anybody," he said.

Benjamin's friends and family have raised$25,000 for anyone who has information leading to an arrest.

"I think there are people out there that know. Somebody saw something, somebody talked to somebody — either you were on Table Mesa Road, or you were near his home somewhere on the 31st, saw his car, or maybe somebody shared something with you — it's okay to report these issues. You can even call anonymously to report to MCSO," Stahoviak said.

Thank you for the article. By “taking it for what it’s worth, and not reading into it” are you referring to the different details? If so, I read about the dog and an errand for his parents from the very beginning, so I’m going to go with what @JJRay explained earlier on as just how msm is reporting it or the “twist” the author chose to take.
At this point I just hope that there is a very good reason that they are remaining “tight lipped” and there will be an arrest sooner rather than later.

Thank you for the article. By “taking it for what it’s worth, and not reading into it” are you referring to the different details? If so, I read about the dog and an errand for his parents from the very beginning, so I’m going to go with what @JJRay explained earlier on as just how msm is reporting it or the “twist” the author chose to take.
At this point I just hope that there is a very good reason that they are remaining “tight lipped” and there will be an arrest sooner rather than later.

No, it was just because when the media releases something, some people pick it apart and analyze every detail like it is true and not sensationalized or filled with errors.

I definitely hope you’re right about the investigation. If the cops are on these people’s tails, they absolutely don’t want anyone to know

Are you freaking kidding me!!!! It seems like this guy Dan can't seem to get his story straight. Oh yeah but let's not read into it

You know they don't have to have the phone to get phone records and with Google you can archive your account and get every text message printed out every phone call anything it's all in black and white nobody can change it either

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CleverFox
Back