Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is addressed in this thread. The Sheraton has surveillance video of the people driving his car. Several people spoke to the front desk and at least one person spoke to the security guard who confirmed they have video. It’s unclear if MCSO has it at this point but I assume they do.
I find it unfathomable that friends would go to such lengths, risking their own safety, to help Ben but didn’t take pictures or videos.
I believe that I read or watched this being said. In fact I believe that it was said the the security guards at the Sheraton said that they had video footage and it was in fact very clear.
It’s things like this that make me hope that LE knows way more than what they are saying because the alternative would mean they are dropping the ball (again) by not asking the public to help identify the suspects!!

I find it unfathomable that friends would go to such lengths, risking their own safety, to help Ben but didn’t take pictures or videos.
I believe that I read or watched this being said. In fact I believe that it was said the the security guards at the Sheraton said that they had video footage and it was in fact very clear.
It’s things like this that make me hope that LE knows way more than what they are saying because the alternative would mean they are dropping the ball (again) by not asking the public to help identify the suspects!!
We definitely don’t know if they took pictures or not. I’ve been in that parking garage, it’s not very wide. Coming upon 3 people in a narrow drive (two standing outside, one in the car) in that garage at 12:30 am in a moving vehicle, I only assume it was dangerous to whip out phones and start taking pictures. They did recount that they called 911 and the car departed when they noticed each other. But nevertheless, the purpose is to help find those who did this. Regardless of whether they had pics on their phone or not, we KNOW the hotel had clear camera footage. Like I said, it’s narrow so if they have footage of the trio in Ben’s car, they have footage of the friends in their car entering and then leaving in pursuit.

I believe someone suggested the trio was made up. The security guard said they could see the people so unless the friends lied to police (assume they’d be arrested by now) it seems the trio exists.

Additionally, I’ve been out to see the UEI parking lot where the car was lit on fire. The building has cameras all the way around it. Basic police work would indicate they’ve collected all of the footage.

On top of all of that, Lexus knew where the car was and had been. I assume LE also has that. If the friends were culpable, I could only imagine how easy of a case it would be to solve.

This is addressed in this thread. The Sheraton has surveillance video of the people driving his car. Several people spoke to the front desk and at least one person spoke to the security guard who confirmed they have video. It’s unclear if MCSO has it at this point but I assume they do.
I'm joining in late. I just caught up on the thread.
@BradSleuth1 Do we know how the security guards are sure it was actually BA's vehicle? Did they get pictures of the license plates? I'm sure there are many other cars of the same make and model out there.

We definitely don’t know if they took pictures or not. I’ve been in that parking garage, it’s not very wide. Coming upon 3 people in a narrow drive (two standing outside, one in the car) in that garage at 12:30 am in a moving vehicle, I only assume it was dangerous to whip out phones and start taking pictures. They did recount that they called 911 and the car departed when they noticed each other. But nevertheless, the purpose is to help find those who did this. Regardless of whether they had pics on their phone or not, we KNOW the hotel had clear camera footage. Like I said, it’s narrow so if they have footage of the trio in Ben’s car, they have footage of the friends in their car entering and then leaving in pursuit.

I believe someone suggested the trio was made up. The security guard said they could see the people so unless the friends lied to police (assume they’d be arrested by now) it seems the trio exists.

Additionally, I’ve been out to see the UEI parking lot where the car was lit on fire. The building has cameras all the way around it. Basic police work would indicate they’ve collected all of the footage.

On top of all of that, Lexus knew where the car was and had been. I assume LE also has that. If the friends were culpable, I could only imagine how easy of a case it would be to solve.
I just know for my own safety, I would have been discreetly filming the entire time!! If the parking garage was too narrow, and I was nervous they would see me, you better believe that I would be filming while I was chasing someone or when you thought someone was going to start to back into you on purpose or while on a chase through a dirt parking lot. If not to catch the suspects, then to prove my innocence if I were caught instead.
This is a moot point honestly because as you stated, we HOPE that LE has done their job and have collected the camera footage they need.
Attached are photos of the parking garage from @JJRay. I’m aware that we are comparing a hotel parking lot on NYE to it on a Tuesday morning (I believe) but besides looking desolate, it seems standard in size to me.

Attachments

• 0D9F387C-37FC-45FB-B96A-BBAA683CAC12.png
    0D9F387C-37FC-45FB-B96A-BBAA683CAC12.png
    345.6 KB · Views: 37
  • C613368F-3105-4FE0-860B-C63324DB0445.png
    C613368F-3105-4FE0-860B-C63324DB0445.png
    346.9 KB · Views: 36
If nothing was awry why did they turn his apartment upside down looking for clues to his absence?
The same Daily Beast article ALSO says the apartment was “found in disarray” so that article does have some inconsistencies.

AZ Central says “much was amiss.”

People describes “cash strewn on the kitchen counter.” It also mentions the unmade bed (let alone the wet towel). Ben always made his bed which Dan mentioned in at least one interview. I remember hearing him talk about that.

Clothes on the kitchen floor!? That would never happen under normal circumstances. That’s like a “when pigs fly” kind of scenario. I cannot imagine going over to Ben’s residence & ever finding that.

Also, the lights would probably not have been left on. Even when we stayed in hotels together, he was always very good about turning off the lights leaving the room. He has turned my lights off when we have left my house (energy conservation mindset to better the world, I expect).

Additionally, as AZ Central article reads, “Another sign something was awry: Stahoviak guessed Anderson’s password to his ‘Find My iPhone app’ on Apple, and the last time it showed a location was at Anderson’s apartment before 9am Dec 31 …” (pls see attached screenshots of articles).

To say “nothing was awry,” it would seem to me, is clearly a false statement.

Attachments

• 9755754D-77BB-42A1-B9C1-E5F1CC38FB3F.jpeg
    9755754D-77BB-42A1-B9C1-E5F1CC38FB3F.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 28
  • E3D8ACB4-85D9-48AE-8E4E-08E0E2BEC9C6.jpeg
    E3D8ACB4-85D9-48AE-8E4E-08E0E2BEC9C6.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DD0682A3-09DD-49CA-B616-93A2F8B65657.jpeg
    DD0682A3-09DD-49CA-B616-93A2F8B65657.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 31
  • F032D0AF-4F22-44A6-8825-B1036E80E5B6.jpeg
    F032D0AF-4F22-44A6-8825-B1036E80E5B6.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I'm joining in late. I just caught up on the thread.
@BradSleuth1 Do we know how the security guards are sure it was actually BA's vehicle? Did they get pictures of the license plates? I'm sure there are many other cars of the same make and model out there.
^^This is a good point. Along the same lines, how were “the friends” so quickly able to determine with such confidence that, without a doubt, said vehicle was, in fact, the Lexus that had belonged to Ben’s aunt (that Ben had been driving)?

Making this determination with any surety would have been difficult due to the fact that this white Lexus:
1)Was backed into a space - no view of the plates nor the Lois Vuitton due to the positioning of the vehicle.
2)”The friends” claim they didn’t recognize any of the three individuals seen with the car.
3) (Of course) Ben wasn’t with them.

The same Daily Beast article ALSO says the apartment was “found in disarray” so that article does have some inconsistencies.

AZ Central says “much was amiss.”

People describes “cash strewn on the kitchen counter.” It also mentions the unmade bed (let alone the wet towel). Ben always made his bed which Dan mentioned in at least one interview. I remember hearing him talk about that.

Clothes on the kitchen floor!? That would never happen under normal circumstances. That’s like a “when pigs fly” kind of scenario. I cannot imagine going over to Ben’s residence & ever finding that.

Also, the lights would probably not have been left on. Even when we stayed in hotels together, he was always very good about turning off the lights leaving the room. He has turned my lights off when we have left my house (energy conservation mindset to better the world, I expect).

Additionally, as AZ Central article reads, “Another sign something was awry: Stahoviak guessed Anderson’s password to his ‘Find My iPhone app’ on Apple, and the last time it showed a location was at Anderson’s apartment before 9am Dec 31 …” (pls see attached screenshots of articles).

To say “nothing was awry,” it would seem to me, is clearly a false statement.

BenjaminAAndersonAlly looking at everything collectively now the red flags are obvious but at the time when he first entered all of this information wasn’t available.

From what I’m reading the condition of Ben’s home was noticed but not alarming. There was no blood or anything destroyed. So to his friends the mess could be explained away by being in a rush. That’s what I would have thought. It sounds like Ben left in a hurry and planned to come right back. He certainly wasn’t bringing anyone back with him with his home like that. It had to be pretty urgent for him to leave his bed unmade, wet towel on the bed, clothes on the floor and the lights on.

I’m not so concerned about the money because he often left money and cards out in front of me and a few times others. I got on him about leaving money out that it may be tempting for someone and just because he considered them a friend didn’t mean they wouldn’t steal. So he got better about that as far as I know.

Still the biggest thing for me is him turning off his phone.

^^This is a good point. Along the same lines, how were “the friends” so quickly able to determine with such confidence that, without a doubt, said vehicle was, in fact, the Lexus that had belonged to Ben’s aunt (that Ben had been driving)?

Making this determination with any surety would have been difficult due to the fact that this white Lexus:
1)Was backed into a space - no view of the plates nor the Lois Vuitton due to the positioning of the vehicle.
2)”The friends” claim they didn’t recognize any of the three individuals seen with the car.
The guard told someone they could see the video clearly. What else would they be looking at besides that car? Someone also said the guard saw the driver and passenger switch seats, what are they looking at?
The friends went in to pursuit through dirt curbs and gravel. Does a random Lexus ux run from people ? The car was found several hours later just about 100 yards north of the parking lot.

there’s a lot of questioning of “the friends” (still not clear why it’s in quotes) but if you read the news stories and independent accounts, I can’t get my head around why the finger keeps getting pointed at them. If they made this all up, chased people, called Lexus and 911 several times, car loads together and going to his house, issuing a reward, going on the news, I can’t think of a homicide story SO ELABORATE that those involved put themselves out there so intensely. There are cameras at the Sheraton and UWI, phone records, gps data from the car, that can answer this VERY quickly. If these carloads of people made it all up, do you think they’d be able to maintain the lies for so long. These car loads of friends met for a search party at the college. This was on Channel 3. Anyone else agree that it seems odd that some are purposely redirecting towards the friends when there are common sense facts that address the theories?

It’s possible it was a different vehicle and the people drove off because of strangers following them and it could be coincidence that he car was found in the same area hours later. Maybe we are trying to make pieces fit because we want answers.

The guard told someone they could see the video clearly. What else would they be looking at besides that car? Someone also said the guard saw the driver and passenger switch seats, what are they looking at?
The friends went in to pursuit through dirt curbs and gravel. Does a random Lexus ux run from people ? The car was found several hours later just about 100 yards north of the parking lot.

there’s a lot of questioning of “the friends” (still not clear why it’s in quotes) but if you read the news stories and independent accounts, I can’t get my head around why the finger keeps getting pointed at them. If they made this all up, chased people, called Lexus and 911 several times, car loads together and going to his house, issuing a reward, going on the news, I can’t think of a homicide story SO ELABORATE that those involved put themselves out there so intensely. There are cameras at the Sheraton and UWI, phone records, gps data from the car, that can answer this VERY quickly. If these carloads of people made it all up, do you think they’d be able to maintain the lies for so long. These car loads of friends met for a search party at the college. This was on Channel 3. Anyone else agree that it seems odd that some are purposely redirecting towards the friends when there are common sense facts that address the theories?
None of this addresses the question to which you replied. I do not believe anyone has accused “the friends” (Dan, Sue, & others - which is why it is in quotes) of a crime. We are just analyzing the various MSM reports and sharing theories. Please do not feel you need to get overly defensive. We owe it to Ben to explore all possibilities. No more, no less.

It’s possible it was a different vehicle and the people drove off because of strangers following them and it could be coincidence that he car was found in the same area hours later. Maybe we are trying to make pieces fit because we want answers.
Possible.

Another idea a mutual friend brought up to me is:

What if the mystery trio didn’t actually have anything to do with the homicide, itself, but rather, was a small group paid off to dispose of the car after the death?

Possible.

Another idea a mutual friend brought up to me is:

What if the mystery trio didn’t actually have anything to do with the homicide, itself, but rather, was a small group paid off to dispose of the car after the death?

My aunt wondered the same thing. But taking it someplace like a hotel parking lot with cameras would make it seem like a bad plan. Anything is possibly. I hope law enforcement makes an announcement soon.

if I could give this 100 likes I would. I’ve tried to make this same point, also adding in the inconsistency of how sloppy the disposal of remains was compared to what some are assuming is a masterclass in covering up a crime. So far there is NOTHING that I have seen or heard that would indicate any involvement by the friends

I

Well, it wouldn’t take a detective to identify that car in the manner they found it. Lexus gave them fairly accurate coordinates and that area is very low income, high crime. The odds of there being more than one new Lexus (same color too!) in that Sheraton garage is slim to none.

RSBM RBBM
there’s a lot of questioning of “the friends” (still not clear why it’s in quotes)
I’ve been mostly using quotes because these people/friends were grouped together so I think of them like a team or cohesive unit (how many I’m not sure…but 3 or more right?)

The 3 or more count (and didn’t it say somewhere there were 12 people in the group?) is another reason I keep asking where the footage is. You have the friend driver, the friend navigator, etc…and what are the other friends doing? Surely one would of had to be filming…

RSBM RBBM

I’ve been mostly using quotes because these people/friends were grouped together so I think of them like a team or cohesive unit (how many I’m not sure…but 3 or more right?)

The 3 or more count (and didn’t it say somewhere there were 12 people in the group?) is another reason I keep asking where the footage is. You have the friend driver, the friend navigator, etc…and what are the other friends doing? Surely one would of had to be filming…

Maybe they filmed, maybe they didn’t. In a high-stress situation, it’s not unthinkable that they would not have taken their phones out to record. If they did film, the police have it.

Well, it wouldn’t take a detective to identify that car in the manner they found it. Lexus gave them fairly accurate coordinates and that area is very low income, high crime. The odds of there being more than one new Lexus (same color too!) in that Sheraton garage is slim to none.

Though Sheraton hotels are upmarket, so more chance of there being more than one new Lexus.

if I could give this 100 likes I would. I’ve tried to make this same point, also adding in the inconsistency of how sloppy the disposal of remains was compared to what some are assuming is a masterclass in covering up a crime. So far there is NOTHING that I have seen or heard that would indicate any involvement by the friends
“The friends” are innocent until proven guilty. They are afforded the same rights as their fellow Americans.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back