AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Interesting! I need to listen to that podcast. I have a family member that went to Canyon Ranch 30 years ago - it was addiction recovery and included a week-long family therapy session. I was impressed. My family member is still sober all these years later. I hope Chelsea's parents don't feel too much guilt, it was extremely expensive.
This is all my own speculation -

The Going West podcast did an episode on Chelsea and it's the first time I've listened to the timeline from start to finish as opposed to following it as it was unfolding. MOO and absolutely no victim blaming intended - I wonder if Chelsea began using drugs while dating her ex who was a dealer. They broke up and she was turning over a new leaf and planned to stop using. She knew she had to be at the wedding at the end of the month. She either couldn't get on the plane due to the bearded dragon (it can be hard to find that kind of info online especially if you are in an unclear headspace) or couldn't get on the plane due to fears of not having access to substances, or fears of seeing her family when she was still possibly using.

Again, MOO - I think she decided to drive instead of flying with plans of giving herself a week to detox and get clean before seeing her family. People experiencing addiction can feel ashamed and hide what they are going through. She would have been having a tough time the first few days with symptoms hence the 3 day trip from CA to AZ. Then she asked her parents to check her into a wellness retreat at Canyon Ranch, a high end spa/wellness center that also offers addiction recovery services. She could have asked her parents to check her in here under the guise of it being a spa as a last attempt to get clean to make it to the wedding on time.

Detoxing can be so dangerous to do alone especially if you are camping without access to running water or regular food. My heart goes out to Chelsea and her family and friends and I hope she is found! And I hope I'm wrong about everything above and she is safe and healthy somewhere.
ETA - your theory makes a lot of sense of Chelsea's behavior, which didn't make a lot of sense. I can see this being the "plan."

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back