GUILTY AZ - Dale Harrell, 34, beaten to death, Gilbert, 14 Jan 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been looking for feed also!?
ETA: I like this judge in AZ--he won't put up with the Arias shenanigans in his courtroom!

Watching the juror #4 speak on HLN re: Dunn got away with murder so far! It was 10 for guilty!! What is wrong with Fla juries????

Sorry for OT, but nothing else is going on here.
Does anyone know if Juan Martinez continues to be on medical leave?
He is scheduled to begin the Bryan Hulsey trial May 12 (which, of course, pushes back the Arias trial).

Didn't know he was on Medical leave. I thought Arias was scheduled for the first of March?

Oops..........just caught the delay for Arias, never mind! But I didn't have a clue Juan was on med leave.....

Been looking for feed also!?
ETA: I like this judge in AZ--he won't put up with the Arias shenanigans in his courtroom!

Watching the juror #4 speak on HLN re: Dunn got away with murder so far! It was 10 for guilty!! What is wrong with Fla juries????

BBM, that's the 1 million dollar question, just what exactly is wrong with Florida juries:scared:
Is it Florida Laws?
......Prosecutors?
......County Attorney's Office?
......Law Enforcement personal?
......judges?
......jury pool?!?!?!?!

Didn't know he was on Medical leave. I thought Arias was scheduled for the first of March?

Oops..........just caught the delay for Arias, never mind! But I didn't have a clue Juan was on med leave.....

For "undisclosed" reasons.

Ok, I am really ready to see this trial along with 4 others. Are they really not streaming it??

Ok, I am really ready to see this trial along with 4 others. Are they really not streaming it??

Unless we get a live feed in about 30 minutes, today will be a bust. Court is in lunch recess until 1:30 if they are using the regular schedule.
Yesterday's proceedings were put on Youtube, and live streamed. I am not a happy camper.:tantrum:

BBM, that's the 1 million dollar question, just what exactly is wrong with Florida juries:scared:
Is it Florida Laws?
......Prosecutors?
......County Attorney's Office?
......Law Enforcement personal?
......judges?
......jury pool?!?!?!?!

ALL of the above?

Let's see: Anthony, Zimmerman, Dunn??? I'm missing another one, I think? I realize there was a lot of disagreement with Zimmerman BUT in the aftermath of that verdict, just WoW!

and I guess today is a bust. Looking for something to do in these endless snowstorms!

Unless we get a live feed in about 30 minutes, today will be a bust. Court is in lunch recess until 1:30 if they are using the regular schedule.
Yesterday's proceedings were put on Youtube, and live streamed. I am not a happy camper.:tantrum:

Thank you thank you for letting me know 1st day was on yt.

Body language Expert Analyzes Behavior of Accused Killer Marissa
devault

PHOENIX -- From lethargic to laughing, to appearing nervous and upset, hours of interrogation tapes reveal new insight into accused killer Marissa Devault.

“She is just all over the place,” said body language expert Renate Mousseux."

STORY BELOW IS VERY TELLING:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Body-l...accused-killer-Marissa-Devault-246090181.html

all of the above?

Let's see: Anthony, zimmerman, dunn??? I'm missing another one, i think? I realize there was a lot of disagreement with zimmerman but in the aftermath of that verdict, just wow!

And i guess today is a bust. Looking for something to do in these endless snowstorms!

maybe tomorrow......

This is what I got from the interrogation thus far:

1. MD likes cream in her coffee:floorlaugh:
2. She won't take on her husband's last name
3. She claims her husband was controlling and abusive, sent her to the hospital numerous times and, by cracky, she has the hospital paperwork trail to prove it!
4. Given a bit more comfort, she may have the ability to swear like a trucker.....
5. She and her husband got their home "as a foreclosure" on Craigslist :facepalm:
6. "house ownership legality", "Power of Attorney" for Stan (not filed)
7. No, that was NOT "Stand by Your Man" in the background, but maybe Lifetime Movies will use it when they make their docudrama
8. Stan saw a lot of the abuse, but.........he has a short term memory, is like a 14 year old, but has a gun, MD takes him to his VA docs, groups, and appointments,, he suffers from intense headaches that he takes meds for, MD was over seeing his bills and balancing his check book, MD was pushing the VA for a larger disability % for Stan, Stan didn't have much contact with his family, lost his job about a year prior because he went on a vacation with MD and the family, eats his meals in his room, diffuses altercations with MD and her husband, MD knew him from Devry for a year before she suggested he move in. And he was in the military years before where he sustained his head trauma.
9. The children, the children, the children
10. Between school, hospital visits, taking care of Sam, the house, hanging with her friends, she was one busy little gal....where did she find time to have a relationship with Flores.....which she failed to mention.
11. They had "critters", at least one horse, claims she did "jumping", which is done with an English saddle, but she dislocates her shoulder while riding in a western saddle because husband tightened rear cinch and horse went all rodeo. She then has enough strength to pull the horse's head into it's shoulder to stop the bucking (WRONG) and take the saddle off with that dislocated shoulder...seriously? (I call foul on her "experienced" horsemanship) This is possibly where some of the $300K went.
12. She and her husband had sex regularly, he had his standard repertoire, no pop rocks or tootsie rolls, and many times she felt obligated because they were "married". Neither of them used birth control, so he "Amtracked"...ewwwwww!
13. She didn't like her in-laws
14. She claims her dad is dead
15. Damage to the house caused by fights were easily disguised by hanging a picture over it. A coffee mug thrown at her and missed, to impact the wall did not break. That's some rugged coffee mug.
16. She sure is laughing a lot while her husband is critically wounded in the Hospital
17. CMJA's minions cut the court feed because MD was about to possibly "one up" CMJA's sexual escapades :floorlaugh:

Hope we get to see the rest of that "interrogation", need her statement on the what, who and how her husband got those hammer blows to the head. (she's set the stage for Stan to take the "fall", although using a hammer instead of his gun is just ridiculous)

Sorry for the wall of text! The LE officer is just letting MD dig herself into a hole, very nice job. I really think some of those (if not all) hospital visits were self inflicted, clumsiness, and a paper trail to back up her "abuse". I don't see how LE wasn't involved, and the Doc and hospital failed to report it. Which is going to be even more interesting when she gets Stan to beat her up......

Court should be back in session in about 15-20 minutes.

Well, I am caught up! This is too funny Bernina - thank you!

I was interested in this case when it happened and right up to the trial and then all of sudden, I wasn't interested any longer lol... Maybe if we had a live stream...

na, probably not.

I do not favor the death pentalty under any circumstance (why do we kill someone for killing someone?) but this piece of work... well, closest I've been in a long time to wishing death on anyone.... I mean, come on, he lay in a coma after this happened... gah... I just can't...

Just so sad for the kids.

It does look like this will not be streamed regularly. I guess we will just have to read about it. ABC15 Arizona‏@abc153 hrs
At this time, technical limitations prevent us from providing a live video feed on a daily basis.

I will post today's tweets from the courtroom in case anyone is interested.

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv4h
#MarissaDevault with her arms tightly folded stands at def. table having discussion with her animated lawyers...court about to begin

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv4 hrs

"There was just an energy that wouldn't let me relax" #MarissaDevault 's description of night she now admits she took hammer to her husband

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv4 hrs

#MarissaDevault gets on floor during early cop interview...showing how she was laying in bed the night she claimed husband attacked her

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox104 hrs

Watching more of #MarissaDevault 's interrogation video. I'm surprised by how cheerful she is just after the hammer attack. #FOX10

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox104 hrs

#MarissaDevault shows detective how her husband was choking her. She says she blacked out & woke up to a hammer going into his head #FOX10

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv3 hrs

After couple of hours of chit chat on police interrogation tape--Det. taking gloves off--#MarissaDevault initial story starting to crumble

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv54 mins

Neurosurgeon who did emergency surgery on Dale Harrell after he was struck with hammer now on the stand in #MarissaDevault murder trial

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox1028 mins

Jury looking at photos of #MarissaDevault husband's injuries as he fought for his life is the hospital #FOX10

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv36 mins

#MarissaDevault lowers head and seem emotional as jurors are shown graphic photo of her husband after emergency brain surgery

https://twitter.com/mikewatkiss3tv

Mike Watkiss‏@mikewatkiss3tv22 mins

#MarissaDevault sobbing in court as neurosurgeon talks about hammer injuries she inflicted on husband Dale Harrell

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox1015 mins

#MarissaDevault now crying in court. Jurors looking at her. #FOX10

https://twitter.com/miagarciafox10

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox1010 mins

As jury takes break #marissadevault starts sobbing uncontrollably in court. She goes to judges chambers and we can still hear crying#FOX10

Mia Garcia‏@miagarciafox102 mins

We are stopping for the day #MarissaDeVault does not come back into courtroom after she breaks down sobbing.#FOX10

Worry Wart, those tweets sound like it was a pretty interesting day in court! MD pulled an Arias..........cut the court day short for "whatever" reasons. Arias had a migraine, DeVault had an emotional...."whatever".
Totally bummed that this trial is so hit and miss.

Thank you thank you for letting me know 1st day was on yt.

There's the 1st day with the openings for the pro and def, and a few LE, then there's yesterday, which was the LE interview hours after the bludgeoning.
2 days of trial total :facepalm:

If you go back to the first page forward of this thread, there's quite a bit of back story to it with the links provided.
Stan originally took the rap for the hammer beating, it was documented through Flores (MD's BF), signed, and (I think) notarized, but LE refused to believe it.
The LE interview should have MD saying Stan came to her rescue and repeatedly hit her husband in the head with the hammer.......it's a crazy "Arias Self Defense" style murder.

OT: Just heard Amanda Hayes got 2nd degree murder.
Watching Brandon Daniel's trial......

Worry Wart, those tweets sound like it was a pretty interesting day in court! MD pulled an Arias..........cut the court day short for "whatever" reasons. Arias had a migraine, DeVault had an emotional...."whatever".
Totally bummed that this trial is so hit and miss.

I was so looking forward to the conclusion of the interrogation video! Even more so when I saw the tweet regarding the change in interrogation technique. Unless this changes I most likely won't keep such a close watch on the developments. There were 2 trials in the past month without live feed ( Julie Corey & Eric Millerberg) that had excellent play by play reporting via twitter but this one is so hit and miss sporadic. The video recording got me thinking. It was requested and granted some time ago by CNN. Local affiliates are not streaming so I would not be surprised to see the video being used on HLN during their new time slot with Vinnie Politan.

:facepalm: I just shot off an email to CBS 5 in Phoenix, to ask if they're going to continue the live feed......

:tantrum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member