AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Desert searches have been temporarily paused due to budget restraints per pleasehelpfinddaniel.com.

As of today $247,282 has been raised through the donation website.

I know David has an upcoming trip to Vegas for CrimeCon this weekend
David Robinson's schedule for CrimeCon 2022 , so I would expect those expenses would come out of it plus his monthly housing expenses to stay there to search. Does anyone know what has cost so much though to cause budget restraints? I was under the impression equipment use was donated and all searchers were volunteers. Is that not the case?

Crimecon?? That seems like a big leap from the reality of what likely happened. The description of Daniel's case for the Crimecon event leaves out A LOT of pertinent information about his state of mind that day and the weeks leading up to his disappearance.

Sad the money isn't being used for searches anymore.

I just think that a cranium would be hard for a scavenger to move around, it would be awkward for an animal to carry. Other bones I can see being moved as thy are not as awkward to carry. If we accept that a scavenger brought it there then there would also be other parts not that far because as I said of the awkwardness fctor. It wasn't a scavenger that brought it there unfortunately, it was a person that dumped it where it was found.
We used to live on a ranch 28 miles from civilization. Our dogs brought home scavenged bones that they found miles away. We fenced out the cattle so we knew how far away the dogs had been when this happened. Even though we had four dogs, they didn’t all bring bones-there would just be one bone, or most of a cow leg. I don’t know if non-domesticated animals behave similarly. I agree that it would have been awkward to move a cranium once all soft tissue is gone.

Daniel Robinson disappearance: Father announces 'temporary pause' of search for his son

The father of a man who disappeared in the Phoenix area about 10 months ago has announced a ‘temporary pause’ of all desert searches for his son.

In a tweet made on April 25, David said the pause is due to budgetary restraints.

"This will allow for refinement, restructuring and improved operations," read a portion of the tweet.

Father of missing Buckeye geologist Daniel Robinson pauses desert searches

David Robinson has been vocal about the search for his son Daniel since he went missing over 10 months ago. David tweeted the pauses will be able to let the group restructure search efforts.

Daniel Robinson disappearance: Father announces 'temporary pause' of search for his son

The father of a man who disappeared in the Phoenix area about 10 months ago has announced a ‘temporary pause’ of all desert searches for his son.

In a tweet made on April 25, David said the pause is due to budgetary restraints.

"This will allow for refinement, restructuring and improved operations," read a portion of the tweet.

Father of missing Buckeye geologist Daniel Robinson pauses desert searches

David Robinson has been vocal about the search for his son Daniel since he went missing over 10 months ago. David tweeted the pauses will be able to let the group restructure search efforts.
I hope some fruition comes out of it for this poor family.

We used to live on a ranch 28 miles from civilization. Our dogs brought home scavenged bones that they found miles away. We fenced out the cattle so we knew how far away the dogs had been when this happened. Even though we had four dogs, they didn’t all bring bones-there would just be one bone, or most of a cow leg. I don’t know if non-domesticated animals behave similarly. I agree that it would have been awkward to move a cranium once all soft tissue is gone.
The other thing is clothes that would have belonged to this deceased individual whose cranium was found should at least be around. I mean Daniel's sock was found near the worksite he was last seen at. So where are this person's clothes. Daniel's were found near his vehicle. Granted it wasn't a year later (in Daniel's case) as was stated in the original post that the person may have died the previous year (I don't know how that was figured out, it would be interesting to know though.)

Desert searches have been temporarily paused due to budget restraints per pleasehelpfinddaniel.com.

David Robinson's schedule for CrimeCon 2022 , so I would expect those expenses would come out of it plus his monthly housing expenses to stay there to search. Does anyone know what has cost so much though to cause budget restraints? I was under the impression equipment use was donated and all searchers were volunteers. Is that not the case?

The equipment used was rented, but all volunteers are unpaid.

Hosting websites, hiring private investigators that bill by 15 minute increments, copies, renting a place to stay, gas, offering reward money … all adds up. No matter how much fund raising takes place, it is easy to exhaust resources.

@AmandaSkis was going to CrimeCon and may have info he might have shared regarding but I doubt seriously he would cover the details.

Here is what I do know from early efforts, ATV and dune buggies initially donated by Ride Now Power sports, Walmart donated water, Jeff McGrath (first PI) originally worked pro bono according to email to me. In conversation with prior Search Coordinator, I understood that McGrath shifted to paid at some point. However, that relationship was terminated by McGrath over the holidays over unstated reasons.

As @AZShamus points out the equipment (off road vehicles) are now rented.

@AZShamus, is there a new Paid PI? I think I remember Evan saying he was using this experience for S&R certification, but is he still volunteering or getting paid?

Sounding and video equipment for the well checks were provided by Buckeye or Maricopa County but again I don't know what additional efforts have been made that David might have funded.
Flyers are cheap and only the recent ones David started distributing to the homeless were paid for by him. Everything early on was my expense or Matrix New World (although I never say anything except mine and Buckeye PD posted anywhere).

Rentals for a one bedroom in Phoenix/Scottsdale started out around 1200 last summer now rocketing to 1800 (includes utilities except for cable/internet probably, he will need internet-some provide, some don't). When I was calculating overall living expenses when retiring you could get away with 40-50k a year for all the basics (including store bought food). HE would have a hefty gas bill as the commute to Buckeye and around town can be up to 100 miles a day (but he has his car here so no rental car cost)

<modsnip>

For Info Only: accounts can be set up as "charities" with some non-profit reporting requirements for taxation reasons or as simple donations to personal efforts. Daniel's is the latter.
https://support..com/hc/en-us/articles/204295498-Taxes-for-Organizers

Last edited by a moderator:
@AmandaSkis was going to CrimeCon and may have info he might have shared regarding but I doubt seriously he would cover the details.

Here is what I do know from early efforts, ATV and dune buggies initially donated by Ride Now Power sports, Walmart donated water, Jeff McGrath (first PI) originally worked pro bono according to email to me. In conversation with prior Search Coordinator, I understood that McGrath shifted to paid at some point. However, that relationship was terminated by McGrath over the holidays over unstated reasons.

As @AZShamus points out the equipment (off road vehicles) are now rented.

@AZShamus, is there a new Paid PI? I think I remember Evan saying he was using this experience for S&R certification, but is he still volunteering or getting paid?

Sounding and video equipment for the well checks were provided by Buckeye or Maricopa County but again I don't know what additional efforts have been made that David might have funded.
Flyers are cheap and only the recent ones David started distributing to the homeless were paid for by him. Everything early on was my expense or Matrix New World (although I never say anything except mine and Buckeye PD posted anywhere).

Rentals for a one bedroom in Phoenix/Scottsdale started out around 1200 last summer now rocketing to 1800 (includes utilities except for cable/internet probably, he will need internet-some provide, some don't). When I was calculating overall living expenses when retiring you could get away with 40-50k a year for all the basics (including store bought food). HE would have a hefty gas bill as the commute to Buckeye and around town can be up to 100 miles a day (but he has his car here so no rental car cost)

I know David's public address in Columbia is his girlfriend's Gwen. I found no property ownership records. He has a Military disability pension according to his own MSM statements.

For Info Only: accounts can be set up as "charities" with some non-profit reporting requirements for taxation reasons or as simple donations to personal efforts. Daniel's is the latter.
https://support..com/hc/en-us/articles/204295498-Taxes-for-Organizers

The SxS/ATV rentals stopped a few months ago, although he continues to rent a vehicle (truck or van) through Uhaul for at least the Saturday searches.

Both Evan and myself continue to be unpaid volunteers. Still working on S&R certifications, but in no rush to get them. The command center was set up using our equipment, and we’ve provided the water, electrolytes, ice, etc. We did stop setting up the ground command center a few months ago, as the number of volunteers showing up didn’t warrant it. Since then, our command has been mobile, run from our truck. We installed a radio and other minor upgrades to make it work. Honestly I haven’t thought about the expense, but by typing this out we personally have spent a bit. Our truck has taken a hit with the mileage, replacing our tires, and our suspension is shot.

I don’t have any info on the new PI, funding or otherwise. I don’t know anything about David’s expenses either, but he does have a team helping out with administrating his PR and such. Evan and myself are not privy to any of it.

The SxS/ATV rentals stopped a few months ago, although he continues to rent a vehicle (truck or van) through Uhaul for at least the Saturday searches.

Both Evan and myself continue to be unpaid volunteers. Still working on S&R certifications, but in no rush to get them. The command center was set up using our equipment, and we’ve provided the water, electrolytes, ice, etc. We did stop setting up the ground command center a few months ago, as the number of volunteers showing up didn’t warrant it. Since then, our command has been mobile, run from our truck. We installed a radio and other minor upgrades to make it work. Honestly I haven’t thought about the expense, but by typing this out we personally have spent a bit. Our truck has taken a hit with the mileage, replacing our tires, and our suspension is shot.

I don’t have any info on the new PI, funding or otherwise. I don’t know anything about David’s expenses either, but he does have a team helping out with administrating his PR and such. Evan and myself are not privy to any of it.
Thanks @AZShamus for the insight.

David Robinson was on Websleuths Live last night.
Its always tough for myself to hear the families because they are reeling from the horrible experience of their loved one missing or passing away under undetermined circumstances. But it always enhances one's perspective, though. Even though we may have heard some of the information previously it sheds more light on some aspects we may not be aware of or may have overlooked. Hopefully his family is successful in raising the needed funds to continue. Thanks for posting the video.

Mr. Robinson has announced the desert search will resume starting June 25th.
Via pleasehelpfinddaniel.com:

Please Help Find Daniel Robinson
Announces desert search
operations will resume on June
25, 2022
Dear Volunteers A Search for
Geologist Daniel C. Robinson will
be held on June 25, 2022, off of
Sun Valley Pkwy and Cactus Road
in Buckeye, AZ.
This Search will begin at 6:45 AM
and conclude at 10:30 AM.
There are several areas that have
not been searched that may hold
clues, or other information that
may help bring Daniel Home. As
you know, I have been conducting
over 40 weeks of searches but had
to pause the searches for several
weeks.
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Please bring plenty of water,
snacks, desert attire, an FRS radio
if you have them, and anything
that you think would be useful in
the search
There will be a Safety Briefing
followed by a prayer before we set
off to areas that I will send each
group. We need people willing to
do Line-Searches, utilize ATV, UTV,
4×4 vehicles in the search. As well,
we need certified drone operators
with drones.

I like the idea of the drones and operators. They can cover a lot of landscape. Glad to see the searching is restarting and a big shout out to our WS Team members who have been involved in this from the beginning. AZ and JJ, when you have a moment, PM me with your thoughts on this case. Now that I am retired, I can spend more time noodling details and looking at Google Earth.

I like the idea of the drones and operators. They can cover a lot of landscape. Glad to see the searching is restarting and a big shout out to our WS Team members who have been involved in this from the beginning. AZ and JJ, when you have a moment, PM me with your thoughts on this case. Now that I am retired, I can spend more time noodling details and looking at Google Earth.
I have a quick question since you are familiar with Google Earth. I was wondering how often does Google Earth update their images?

I have a quick question since you are familiar with Google Earth. I was wondering how often does Google Earth update their images?
The images I see from that area are at a minimum now 18 months - 2 years old based on the build out patterns and speed of residential development at Tartesso and Del Webb Festival to the north.

Now that the milestone is sadly reached, they're continuing on, saying the desert is large and more of it needs to be searched.

"For me and my family, it is like day one. We don't have answers, don't have what happened to my son," says Daniel's father, David Robinson, who hasn't stopped searching.

He and volunteers have scoured thousands of acres of the Sonoran Desert, and he's hired a private investigator to learn anything about his son's whereabouts.

"Just trying to do everything I can to find my son," he said.

"When I see it, I see a crime," David said. "Daniel would not disappear. He would not leave his family. We have a close-knit family."

"I am not going to stop. That is what fathers do. We won't stop fighting for our children," he said.

To honor the one-year mark, David will be hosting a commemorative event at the Arizona Capitol on June 25 to remember Daniel and others who are missing. The event begins at 6:30 p.m.

That same day at 5:45 a.m., David and volunteers will conduct a search in Buckeye. They're looking for volunteers and more information can be found here https://pleasehelpfinddaniel.com/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back