AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The images I see from that area are at a minimum now 18 months - 2 years old based on the build out patterns and speed of residential development at Tartesso and Del Webb Festival to the north.
Maricopa posted new survey mapping last month.

“The Day of Remembrance is two days after the anniversary date of when my son went missing,” David said.

“So, it’s very difficult for our family, just realizing that it’s going on a year that Daniel’s been missing. I’ve been searching for my son since June 25 last year (and have) grown a passion for helping other families. So, June 25 is very important for us — not just for my family, as well as other families who are suffering just as much as we are.”

“I can say it’s a tragedy to even go through this because you never know,” David said.

“One day you’re at home and the next day you get that call and you’re in Arizona for a year to go find your son. So, a lot of family members go through that, a lot of families all over this country, as well as the state of Arizona.

“Families who don’t get their word out there, they don’t get their name, recognition, or nothing about their case. (The remembrance) is a good opportunity for families to be able to do that, come together, and get close to those resources they may need.”

I understand at 2 to 3AM there may be a vehicle travelling on the 'W Sun Valley Parkway' something like every half hour, I'm guessing that would be mainly 18 wheeler truckers passing through, so maybe Daniel attempted to flag a couple of trucks down & had no luck, or maybe he simply didn't attempt to flag any down (not realizing he had a serious brain injury from hitting his head on the side window as his car rolled, causing something like bleeding on the brain).
Isn't it possible he got as far south as the electricity substation, then decided to follow the high voltage aerial wires strung on the towers heading roughly southwest?
(I assume utility personnel would have been along under those wires since he's been misssing, but they would mainly be looking upwards, checking the wires between towers, so not necessarily seeing anything on the ground slightly off to the side).
At 3AM, where is the more noticeable 'blaze of light' (or light reflected down off underlaying clouds if it's overcast) to the southwestwards, where the towers seem to head, or more southwards of that substation?

I guess you would need to stand there at 3AM to gauge such things...

Also, if he made W Sun Valley Parkway and say, INSTEAD walked northward along it, is it possible he got to the point where it starts to curve off to the northwest and then decided to 'cut the corner' from that point, leaving the roadway and heading across the desert in a roughly northeast heading aiming to rejoin the road at a point more northerly where that road is heading strictly eastwards (or perhaps heading in that northeast direction from that point simply because the more noticeable light is in that northeastwards direction)?
Again, I guess you would need to be there at 3AM to be able to see what a person walking in the dark morning would see and be able to judge what choices that person might make...
(Taking this thought process a bit further, is there an area of desolate ground north of the closed fuel station, which a person might walk into if they found the fuel station closed and decided to walk northwards towards the residential area, towards some house light somewhere generally northwards (but then collapsed and died due to the brain injury, leaving the remains there unnoticed in any such desolate ground as theorised?)

Last edited:
Calling All Armchair Sleuths: This VR App Shows Real Crime Scenes to Find Missing Persons in Arizona

One year ago today, 24-year-old geologist Daniel Robinson left a job site in Buckeye, near Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road, in his steel blue Jeep Renegade and headed west into the desert.

He was never seen again.

His family carried foam board signs, bearing his face, and posted paper bulletins across metro Phoenix as they pleaded with police for a more thorough investigation into his disappearance.

As the months slipped by, the signs began to disintegrate. They ripped, they got wet, they blew away in the wind. Some of those signs were covered up with other signs.

One year later, there are still no answers. But there’s a new sign begging the public for information about the missing Robinson.

It doesn’t exist in the real world and will never succumb to the elements. It’s a milk carton-style missing person advertisement that you can find in the world of virtual reality thanks to CrimeDoor, a startup based in Hollywood, California.

CrimeDoor uses augmented and virtual reality technology to help keep cold cases in the spotlight by re-creating real crime scenes down to the most graphic, gory, and realistic detail.

In the digital universe, detectives and armchair sleuths alike can inspect weapons, shell casings, and blood spatter at real crime scenes that were cleaned up decades ago.

“The crime scenes are preserved forever,” CrimeDoor founder Neil Mandt told Phoenix New Times on Tuesday. “The detectives can go back and revisit it. Somebody, years later, might see it a different way. That can lead to cold-case murders getting solved.”

CrimeDoor hasn’t been used to crack a cold case in Arizona yet. But the company thinks it's close.

Information on the three-dimensional missing person posters in the app can be changed easily and instantly as new information surfaces. They’re easy to distribute quickly on social media, too.

“The idea that only police can solve crimes is ,” Bill Richardson, a retired detective with the Mesa Police Department, told New Times on Wednesday. “In law enforcement, you have bias and you can develop tunnel vision.”

Police departments across the country and the FBI already have vouched for the usefulness of CrimeDoor. They are using the app and working with the app's founders, Mandt and his wife, Lauren, to catch things that may have been missed during original investigations and as a way for users to aid in solving cases.

Creators describe the tool as “a revolutionary news app for the true crime space” that “delivers daily news updates with an unmatched database of case file content from around the globe.”

The database includes more than 1,750 cases, according to the developers.

CrimeDoor also provides geotargeted case profiles on a map, giving app users information about murders, missing persons, and unsolved cases in their area.

(con't on website)

Last edited:
I understand at 2 to 3AM there may be a vehicle travelling on the 'W Sun Valley Parkway' something like every half hour, I'm guessing that would be mainly 18 wheeler truckers passing through, so maybe Daniel attempted to flag a couple of trucks down & had no luck, or maybe he simply didn't attempt to flag any down (not realizing he had a serious brain injury from hitting his head on the side window as his car rolled, causing something like bleeding on the brain).
Isn't it possible he got as far south as the electricity substation, then decided to follow the high voltage aerial wires strung on the towers heading roughly southwest?
(I assume utility personnel would have been along under those wires since he's been misssing, but they would mainly be looking upwards, checking the wires between towers, so not necessarily seeing anything on the ground slightly off to the side).
At 3AM, where is the more noticeable 'blaze of light' (or light reflected down off underlaying clouds if it's overcast) to the southwestwards, where the towers seem to head, or more southwards of that substation?

I guess you would need to stand there at 3AM to gauge such things...

Also, if he made W Sun Valley Parkway and say, INSTEAD walked northward along it, is it possible he got to the point where it starts to curve off to the northwest and then decided to 'cut the corner' from that point, leaving the roadway and heading across the desert in a roughly northeast heading aiming to rejoin the road at a point more northerly where that road is heading strictly eastwards (or perhaps heading in that northeast direction from that point simply because the more noticeable light is in that northeastwards direction)?
Again, I guess you would need to be there at 3AM to be able to see what a person walking in the dark morning would see and be able to judge what choices that person might make...
(Taking this thought process a bit further, is there an area of desolate ground north of the closed fuel station, which a person might walk into if they found the fuel station closed and decided to walk northwards towards the residential area, towards some house light somewhere generally northwards (but then collapsed and died due to the brain injury, leaving the remains there unnoticed in any such desolate ground as theorised?)
But wouldn't he have been seen on some CCTV footage? I would think that he would if this was the case.

But wouldn't he have been seen on some CCTV footage? I would think that he would if this was the case.
Yes, if he made it to the gas station, he probably would have been on camera. That theory is a stretch though, considering how far he’d have to walk to get there. I doubt he would be able to walk over 13+ miles along Sun Valley Pkwy to the station in one night without anyone seeing him. If he needed help, he would have flagged someone at some point. There is traffic traveling on that road, and it was a full moon that night.

Yes, if he made it to the gas station, he probably would have been on camera. That theory is a stretch though, considering how far he’d have to walk to get there. I doubt he would be able to walk over 13+ miles along Sun Valley Pkwy to the station in one night without anyone seeing him. If he needed help, he would have flagged someone at some point. There is traffic traveling on that road, and it was a full moon that night.

I believe the original poster was suggesting the general area as there is residental some miles away from where Daniel's vehicle was found. There's also a locked, gated secure electrical tower with CCTV coverage but he wasn't seen on any of these. Sorry I don't know why this doubled and I don't know how to get rid of the doubling.

daniel-robinson-1920x1080.jpg

Play Episode 1 of the Dateline: Missing in America Podcast below and click here to follow. *Transcript available at link.
Daniel Robinson

"When a loved one is missing, it is a terrifying, confusing and stressful time for families and our entire community," the Buckeye Police statement read. "Investigators continue their pursuit of answers that can bring Daniel home and provide closure for the Robinson family and the many people who have been touched by his case."

David Robinson spoke with Fox News Digital for nearly 40 minutes about his continued efforts to find his son even when he has felt as though the police or the parties involved have not given the case sufficient attention.

Ted Williams, a renowned attorney and former homicide detective, noted that police are likely doing "a great deal" behind the scenes. But he said a missing person investigation changes "markedly" as time goes on.

"The closer to the time that the person is missing, the better are the opportunities and chances at getting good physical evidence," he said. "The longer a case goes on, the evidence itself, normally under circumstances, will disappear."

He added: "But the question is: Were there members of the public that, at some stage or another, saw Daniel Robinson?"

in the West, an hour's drive is generally not considered long.

Wide-open spaces , low population density, I'm New Mexican.
I am in phoenix. it is two different areas of desert, and lots of road I think if he was on foot he would have been spotted, however he could have been driven but then again why would they drive across this area to dispose of him when so much open space to do that where he was. I personally think he could have been very disoriented and wandered into the vast desert in the area he was :( as time goes by I fear there will be no positive ending and it is heartbreaking.

"When a loved one is missing, it is a terrifying, confusing and stressful time for families and our entire community," the Buckeye Police statement read. "Investigators continue their pursuit of answers that can bring Daniel home and provide closure for the Robinson family and the many people who have been touched by his case."

David Robinson spoke with Fox News Digital for nearly 40 minutes about his continued efforts to find his son even when he has felt as though the police or the parties involved have not given the case sufficient attention.

Ted Williams, a renowned attorney and former homicide detective, noted that police are likely doing "a great deal" behind the scenes. But he said a missing person investigation changes "markedly" as time goes on.

"The closer to the time that the person is missing, the better are the opportunities and chances at getting good physical evidence," he said. "The longer a case goes on, the evidence itself, normally under circumstances, will disappear."

He added: "But the question is: Were there members of the public that, at some stage or another, saw Daniel Robinson?"
IMO if he were seen by members of the public it would mean he was clothed. People would remember if they saw a naked person walking around. I'm just commenting as it is thought he took off his clothes and walked away LE is assuming this. The clothes he had on at the work site were found taken off at his vehicle.

IMO if he were seen by members of the public it would mean he was clothed. People would remember if they saw a naked person walking around. I'm just commenting as it is thought he took off his clothes and walked away LE is assuming this. The clothes he had on at the work site were found taken off at his vehicle.
There is still that time and mileage gap from when he left the well site to when his air bag deployed. He went somewhere in between and presumably would have been clothed then.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877
Back