AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking head injury and/or shock. If he could see one of the power line towers, he may have walked towards it in an attempt to get his bearings and have something to follow back to civilization. He could be sitting up against a leg of one of them, having tied to stay in a shadow to get out of the direct sunlight.

While that may work elsewhere it does not work in a desert that is crossed with hundreds of small ravines each with scrub brush and Mesquite trees (thousands) that need searching. When you get tired and thirsty in the desert you get in shade. People would literal pin point every dark spot on such a map.

Agreed.

SC father organizing 3rd search for son who disappeared in Arizona desert

“It’s overwhelming. My first thought was everything was a flat desert area, but you get out there and it’s far from that,” David said. “There are a lot of embankments and tumbleweed and it’s very hot and dry.”

Dad says, ‘I have to find my son’

July 28
To Note:

•went missing June 23 after he arrived at his job site in the desert west of Sun Valley Parkway, just north of Cactus Road, in Buckeye
•Daniel had not told anyone where he was going or why he was leaving
•he oversees many sites in remote desert locations, often working in extreme conditions and traveling long distances to work on projects
•Daniel’s Jeep was discovered by a rancher on his property approximately 4 miles southwest of the job site
•Clothing, his cellphone, wallet and keys were found at the scene
•David (his father) said he doesn’t think the investigating is progressing, so he has hired a private investigator and a desert search-and-rescue team and printed missing person fliers
•According to Daniel: LE didn’t do a forensic-type investigation, because they didn’t see any blood in the vehicle
•Due to the father’s concerns, LE then decided to swab the vehicle to look for fingerprints at the police compound where the vehicle is stored
•Once detectives finish processing the vehicle, David’s forensics team will scour it and go back through Daniel’s cellphone and computer
•LE is working with Civil Air Patrol, with plans to review the aerial photos and data to determine if further searches in that area are appropriate

I wonder if the coworker has confirmed that the clothing and boots found outside the jeep is actually what Daniel had been wearing that day (as opposed to spare/change of clothes he may have had in the jeep, which he -- or someone, but presumably him -- removed from the jeep following the crash).

I can think of at least three good reasons he may have had spare clothes/boots in his vehicle so it seems like an open question to me, until confirmed by someone who saw what he was wearing that day.

When he got out of the vehicle it might still have been raining his clothing got wet. It started clearing late morning so maybe he took them off and laid them out to dry? Stayed with the vehicle for some undetermined amount of time. Perhaps dehydrated he then tried to hike out when no one came? Just speculation.

Interesting theory...I didn’t even think about that.
IMO, this could very well have happened.

Dad says, ‘I have to find my son’

July 28
To Note:

•went missing June 23 after he arrived at his job site in the desert west of Sun Valley Parkway, just north of Cactus Road, in Buckeye
•Daniel had not told anyone where he was going or why he was leaving
•he oversees many sites in remote desert locations, often working in extreme conditions and traveling long distances to work on projects
•Daniel’s Jeep was discovered by a rancher on his property approximately 4 miles southwest of the job site
•Clothing, his cellphone, wallet and keys were found at the scene
•David (his father) said he doesn’t think the investigating is progressing, so he has hired a private investigator and a desert search-and-rescue team and printed missing person fliers
•According to Daniel: LE didn’t do a forensic-type investigation, because they didn’t see any blood in the vehicle
•Due to the father’s concerns, LE then decided to swab the vehicle to look for fingerprints at the police compound where the vehicle is stored
•Once detectives finish processing the vehicle, David’s forensics team will scour it and go back through Daniel’s cellphone and computer
•LE is working with Civil Air Patrol, with plans to review the aerial photos and data to determine if further searches in that area are appropriate
Thanks for re-posting.

Search For Daniel – Please help look for Daniel Robinson

Reminder:
The third search for Daniel is still scheduled for Sat., July 31 at 5:45am. There will be a quick briefing and then begin searching at 6am. The plan is to conclude the search by 10am.

The exact location to meet is going to be at Sun Valley Parkway and Cactus Road.

Here are the coordinates of the meeting location 33.595308, -112.686609.

Update from July 31, 20121 Search. Daniel still not found.

The "co-worker" was a contractor who is working for a drilling firm not another employee. They believe it was Daniel's first trip to this particular site and it sounded like it was a step up to what he had been doing. However, Daniel had other assignments in the desert and had gotten some familiarity with general desert topography. He had been on hikes with co-workers and several outings were quoted by staff. He could function with no limitations (as was assumed above). There is no reason to think he could not hike out the 3-4 miles unless impaired by injury/or irrational actions.

Vehicle/crash scene: His safety vest was part of the clothing. No one knew if he had a change of clothes. A case of water bottles was in the back, 3 bottles were missing. So he either forgot about them or again, was incapacitated mentally?

Twist
A human skull was found by one of the search teams. Pretty old, no lower jaw, no teeth, maybe a small bone (Clavicle?) was also in the photo I saw. Buckeye PD or Maricopa County Sherriff will be busy trying to figure out that one.

ArcGIS Web Application

Does anyone know when the sector map was last updated with the areas searched & the degree each area searched?

ETA: tried to post a screenshot of map & key but it wouldn’t post for some reason
Todays Search was much more organized and there were probably 80 people. I believe the map should be updated tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Teams actually checked in and were much more specific as to ground covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlyingHorses4