AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, I don’t see it. I wonder if it’s been removed? If so, why?
It's still there. If true, it would put the vehicle near the Gila River.
Google Maps

Daniel has a lot to offer the world and worked so hard to complete his degree in a field he loves. I'm holding out hope he is on a time out, working on whatever is challenging him in life.

Last edited:
It's still there. If true, it would put the vehicle near the Gila River.
Google Maps

Daniel has a lot to offer the world and worked so hard to complete his degree in a field he loves. I'm holding out hope he is on a time out, working on whatever is challenging him in life.
The Gila River was my dad's "swimming pool". He often said that parts of it could be dangerous. The area he was talking about was up near the AZ/NM border. Safford/Duncan area to be exact.

That canal is the Central Arizona project that draws water from the Colorado River and supplies Phoenix and Tucson. It is fenced and has guard rails at all crossing in the desert. The wash, the light area to the east of the canal and west of his location drains several miles to the north and can get flooded if enough rain. Just not sure June 23rd provided enough to make crossing it hazardous.
I don't believe there was enough rain in that particular area for flooding. But that's not to say there wasn't rain further up that could have caused flooding in that area. I didn't check the areas around Buckeye for rainfall. Around here, if there is any rain you STAY OUT of the washes. The waters can come out of nowhere. It's pretty impressive to see a wash start to run. And the current is swift. I do believe Daniel would have know that though.

I have been dune buggy riding in Nevada and can tell you that you can be riding along on what you think is a nice flat section of desert and all of a sudden find nothing under you, and down the embankment you go. Some of that sand is as fine as talcum powder and anything with wheels is going to sink up to the axles in it. Heading West into the desert has me worried.

<Quoted post deleted>
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I did not see any rain for Wickenburg. As you said monsoon is hit and miss. Could be pouring down rain in front yard and bone dry in back. At least that's what I've heard the older relatives say. Not sure I believe it, but you get my point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe there was enough rain in that particular area for flooding. But that's not to say there wasn't rain further up that could have caused flooding in that area. I didn't check the areas around Buckeye for rainfall. Around here, if there is any rain you STAY OUT of the washes. The waters can come out of nowhere. It's pretty impressive to see a wash start to run. And the current is swift. I do believe Daniel would have know that though.
I was raised in the tri-state area near Mohave Valley. We were back home visiting at the end of June and got caught in a thunderstorm on the way home from Laughlin. I love those storms. The smell of rain in the desert is like no other, I miss that.

JOSH SANDERS he/him/his@JoshSandersTV
Daniel Robinson is still missing and his father is asking the public for help. SEARCH PARTY (7/24) DETAILS: Where - Loves Truck Stop, 1610 N Miller Rd, Buckeye, AZ 85326 When - Saturday 6-10am
@12News
#HelpFindDaniel

E6r7LSgVEAAMdaD

Search For Daniel – Please help look for Daniel Robinson

A SECOND SEARCH WILL BE HELD 07/24/2021
NOTE: We will be meeting for a second search at the Loves Truck stop on Miller Rd just south of I-10 in Buckeye this coming Saturday morning (07/24/21) at 5:45am. A quick briefing will be completed along with any Q&A. The plan is to start searching at 6am. We are planning on concluding by 10am. The exact address for Loves Truck Stop is: 1610 N Miller Rd, Buckeye, AZ 85326

https://pleasehelpfinddaniel.com/

According to the information at the above link:
Daniel landed a career as a field geologist and moved to Phoenix, AZ. He oversees many sites located in remote desert locations, often working in extreme conditions and traveling long distances to work on projects.

Question:
Does this mean he oversees many sites at the same time? As in, are there other worksites he may have visited or planned to visit that day?

Nicole Grigg[URL='https://twitter.com/NicoleSGrigg']@NicoleSGrigg[/URL]
HELP FIND MISSING GEOLOGIST: Daniel Robinson has not been seen for 3 weeks after leaving a job site in Buckeye, Arizona. The field geologist was testing ground water, before leaving his job site, and never being seen again.

I hadn't seen this information before. So is he testing groundwater at mining sites, anyone know?

Nicole Grigg@NicoleSGrigg
HELP FIND MISSING GEOLOGIST: Daniel Robinson has not been seen for 3 weeks after leaving a job site in Buckeye, Arizona. The field geologist was testing ground water, before leaving his job site, and never being seen again.

I hadn't seen this information before. So is he testing groundwater at mining sites, anyone know?

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-w...ter-leaving-remote-job-site-in-arizona-desert

July 15 article
The field geologist was working in the desert landscape testing groundwater for the company he worked for.

Do we know what company he worked for?

ETA
Missing Matrix Staff Hydrogeologist – Daniel Robinson – Arizona Hydrological Society

Appears he is a Matrix Staff Hydrogeologist

Matrix New World Engineering, based in NJ. Has three offices in Arizona- Matrix New World
Matrix News & Press
Matrix New World

Sounds as if they likely do some work for the Arizona Department of Water Resources, maybe groundwater modeling or statistics? Daniel could have been obtaining grab samples, measuring well depths, ect., but usually they have techs do that kind of work, not engineers?

Matrix New World Engineering, based in NJ. Has three offices in Arizona- Matrix New World
Matrix News & Press
Matrix New World

Sounds as if they likely do some work for the Arizona Department of Water Resources, maybe groundwater modeling or statistics? Daniel could have been obtaining grab samples, measuring well depths, ect., but usually they have techs do that kind of work, not engineers?

Think this may be what Daniel did specifically?

Environmental

Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)

Matrix hydrogeologists have extensive experience performing Phase I, II, and Phase III Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) conducted pursuant to due diligence procedures set forth under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).

If you click on Project further down page at the link above, it shows project maps that include AZ.

Thoughts?

Think this may be what Daniel did specifically?

Environmental

Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs)

Matrix hydrogeologists have extensive experience performing Phase I, II, and Phase III Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) conducted pursuant to due diligence procedures set forth under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA).

If you click on Project further down page at the link above, it shows project maps that include AZ.

Thoughts?
There is a Regional Landfill located at 24427 AZ-85, Buckeye, AZ 85326 (my specialty), is that in the area he went missing?

Could also be related to remediation or contamination, that's why I asked if there were mining sites.

Regardless before we get too far off track, it sounds like whatever project he was working on had multiple groundwater wells to monitor. If he left one site to travel to another, it would seem that detail would have been included in the story? I thought I remember someone saying he left to go to lunch, which I thought was weird if he was doing remote work. I'd think he would bring a cooler with food and water.

If he left one site to travel to another, it would seem that detail would have been included in the story? I thought I remember someone saying he left to go to lunch

I remember that as well. I believe it is in the video of the reporter interviewing Daniel’s father.
...but then there’s articles that share he left the site that morning (not lunch time)

I have a couple of questions. Were there any other sights that he was overseeing in the direction he headed out? and how did his friend know he was missing? I am not trying to insinuate anything with the second question. I'm just curious. Was Daniel not answering his phone calls, did he work for the same company and see him leave or perhaps had Daniel said something to him?

I remember that as well. I believe it is in the video of the reporter interviewing Daniel’s father.
...but then there’s articles that share he left the site that morning (not lunch time)
Which is where I got the idea he might have gone off exploring seeing as they appeared to have gotten some rain that morning. Of course that was before I realized he was overseeing multiple sights.

I would like to thank the locals and the folks that know the area. I have never been west of Alabama, and that terrain looks like Mars with a golf course and some towns to me.
However, I raised a passel of now young men- and 24 can be a bit rough. I understand folks not wanting to release too much- for privacy etc., but "acting strange" is too general, as is "more withdrawn and quieter" when a young adult is missing. Prayers for peace for him and all who love him.

I've been scouring the map as well. There are only dirt roads to the west of his jobsite area. The most prominent ones seem to be along runs of high voltage power towers, through washes, over a canal...No shade, no pavement.

The closest point of interest appears to be a trailhead/gathering point for the Ankon Hiking Trail. There's a somewhat 'direct' route from the intersection of Sun Valley Pkwy & W Cactus Rd (his purported jobsite), through the dirt roads and washes. If the terrain were difficult, he may have been or may still be somewhere out there with a blown tire or broken down vehicle.

I'm kind of surprised that google maps says you can get through on this route. Are there no gates on any of these roads!? Is this all public land? I see what looks like a power station. Wouldn't something like that be gated? MOO.

Google Maps
If the power station your talking about is Palo Verde, it is gated. And guarded by armed guards. That's a nuclear power plant. My son was working out there a couple of months back.

I have a couple of questions. Were there any other sights that he was overseeing in the direction he headed out? and how did his friend know he was missing? I am not trying to insinuate anything with the second question. I'm just curious. Was Daniel not answering his phone calls, did he work for the same company and see him leave or perhaps had Daniel said something to him?
I think that's the question everyone is asking, but there are no details disclosed. I think it was a co-worker who saw him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat