AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, he's almost been missing for a month now and although I was very hopeful at first, I'm starting to get a bad feeling it won't be a happy ending.

His car hasn't even been found yet.

When it gets to one month with no contact nor any potential sightings, there is usually only one outcome.

Reminds me of that case a few months back, an archeologist lady that was studying in the desert (California?) She went missing. Her car was found after a long while, and then finally her body was found too.

Well, he's almost been missing for a month now and although I was very hopeful at first, I'm starting to get a bad feeling it won't be a happy ending.

His car hasn't even been found yet.

When it gets to one month with no contact nor any potential sightings, there is usually only one outcome.

Reminds me of that case a few months back, an archeologist lady that was studying in the desert (California?) She went missing. Her car was found after a long while, and then finally her body was found too.
Yes, I have to agree with you. No sightings, extreme heat around that time and now monsoon, it's not looking very hopeful. I feel for his family and friends. Not knowing is the absolute worst.

Seconding @JayLee#99 be careful out there. Not sure how familiar you are with our deserts, but even us desert rats can take a wrong turn sometimes.
Always...I even have a cover story! Mostly uninhabited area until 5 miles down wash. More concerned about that and the Sun Spiritualist Camp Associates (cultish compound).

Very .. hobby landscape photographer for 35 years in the Southwest.
Just an FYI your part of AZ is in a blowing dust advisory until about 8:00 tonight. Got me to thinking though, have you had any haboobs recently? Off the top of my head I can't remember. We had one a couple of weeks ago, rare for us. Your neck of the woods get way more than we do. His jeep may be covered in a layer of dust. Might have made it hard to see from the air.

I just happened upon this thread and it caught my attention since I too live here... and not all that far way. pretty familiar with the area.

Anyway, I just got an update from Buckeye PD. they found his Jeep but not him. Hopefully they will soon. Very sad situation and it is HOT in the desert and can be very disorienting on a good day.

News List | City of Buckeye

I just happened upon this thread and it caught my attention since I too live here... and not all that far way. pretty familiar with the area.

Anyway, I just got an update from Buckeye PD. they found his Jeep but not him. Hopefully they will soon. Very sad situation and it is HOT in the desert and can be very disorienting on a good day.

News List | City of Buckeye[/QUOT
One step closer to finding him. That is great news, sort of.

News List | City of Buckeye

Updated information on search for missing person, Daniel Robinson

On July 19, 2021, the Buckeye Police department was notified that Daniel Robinson’s Jeep had been discovered by a rancher on his property approximately four miles southwest of the jobsite he was last seen at on June 23.

Here is the most current information on the case as of July 20, 2021:

• Daniel’s Jeep was discovered in a ravine and appears to have rolled and landed on its side.
  • The airbags in the Jeep deployed and initial evidence indicates Daniel was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident.
  • Multiple personal effects were found at the scene including clothes, his cell phone, wallet, and keys.
  • Detectives conducted a ground search by foot with the assistance of the Department of Public Safety’s Ranger helicopter, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and their search and rescue dogs, however, the search for Daniel came up empty.
Detectives are continuing to analyze evidence from Daniel’s vehicle and are reevaluating further searches based on this updated information. Based on the personal effects found in Daniel’s vehicle, no foul play is suspected.

Missing SC man’s Jeep found crashed in Arizona desert

Police: Jeep belonging to missing Daniel Robinson found by rancher

Police: Jeep found in ravine
According to a statement released by Buckeye Police on July 21, a Jeep that belongs to Robinson was discovered by a rancher on his property. The car was found about four miles southwest of the jobsite where Robinson was last seen.

"Daniel’s Jeep was discovered in a ravine and appears to have rolled and landed on its side," read a portion of the statement. "The airbags in the Jeep deployed and initial evidence indicates Daniel was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the accident."

In addition, Buckeye Police officials say they found "multiple personal effects" at the scene, including clothes, Robinson's cell phone, wallet, and keys.

Well, he wasn't driving at night, so he would have seen the ravine.
I wonder if he was driving too fast for the road or skidded on loose gravel and lost control?

The fact his cell phone was found with the car isn't good news, but maybe there's no signal out there anyway?

There have been so many cases of people having car accidents and wandering off, either never to be found, or found deceased.

Well, he wasn't driving at night, so he would have seen the ravine.
I wonder if he was driving too fast for the road or skidded on loose gravel and lost control?

The fact his cell phone was found with the car isn't good news, but maybe there's no signal out there anyway?

There have been so many cases of people having car accidents and wandering off, either never to be found, or found deceased.
I still feel this is not going to have a happy ending. My first thought was perhaps a head injury, disoriented and wandered off. Not sure what the temps were out there, but where I am we had about a solid week of 113. Lost electricity for a couple of hours in the hottest part of day on one of the days. I'm just glad it's a step in the right direction for his family.

My first thought was perhaps a head injury, disoriented and wandered off.

That was EXACTLY my first thought too. It's just happened in so many cases I've read on here. Crazy how many.

Sadly, I don't think he'd hold out for very long in that heat without water....

....and how far could he walk in searing desert heat with a potential head injury, and nothing to hydrate him?

I don't think he'd be more than a mile (absolute maximum) from his wrecked car without collapsing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member