AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the rains we/you had, this is going to be really difficult.

Absolutely. If he perished prior to the storms, he could be completely covered over by sand now. If he was on foot.... well, let's face it, there is little chance of his survival at this point. Perhaps he is holed up somewhere. I don't know how I could stay positive were I his loved ones, but the alternative is just not acceptable yet.

There is just so much terrain to cover.

The fact that Daniel was on foot after the crash means there is a wide radius to search. I don't understand why he didn't take his phone with him. But maybe he knew it wasn't useful anyway. I've left my charging wire at home before and ended up not having any juice for a few hours.

Keep in mind that he might have stayed with or near the Jeep for a good bit. That means he might have been badly dehydrated when he decided to walk for help.

There's still one big mystery. Why did he go anywhere at all? His co-worker thought it was strange that he drove away.
he may not have known where it flew to. a friend of mine rolled his car ona roundabout freeway exit in some brush. luckily someone found him because he hurt his back and couldnt find his phone.

i sadly feel he may have been injured, possibly hit his head and tried to find help but couldnt. i hope im wrong. i hope we find him safe.

Absolutely. If he perished prior to the storms, he could be completely covered over by sand now. If he was on foot.... well, let's face it, there is little chance of his survival at this point. Perhaps he is holed up somewhere. I don't know how I could stay positive were I his loved ones, but the alternative is just not acceptable yet.

There is just so much terrain to cover.
And it just started pouring again (I’m south of Phoenix) very hard. the Valley might be getting this storm in a little while.

So, where his car was found was it on route to any sites or any other access roads… or was it a one way dead end kind of road? Either way though, he seems like the kind of guy who likes to explore.

And it just started pouring again (I’m south of Phoenix) very hard. the Valley might be getting this storm in a little while.

So, where his car was found was it on route to any sites or any other access roads… or was it a one way dead end kind of road? Either way though, he seems like the kind of guy who likes to explore.
Here too. I AM seriously considering building an ark. I know ARIZ needs the rain, but please searchers need to be able to go out. I'm hoping that he was somewhat familiar with the area. I believe I read there was at least one remote site somewhere in the direction he was heading.

I've been wondering the same exact thing about the seatbelt.
Did it disengage during the crash?
I was thinking maybe a "staged" accident (of course I was, as being on WS).
Whether himself, or otherwise.

Does the black-box data also indicate weight in the driver's seat?

Wondering what the speed of impact was? Airbags generally deploy at around 15-20mph, but was it going much faster?

So many odd car-crash disappearances lately. Strange.

jmoo
Police were able to tell that Daniel’s seatbelt was engaged at the time of the crash thanks to a “black box” type computer inside the car, but it could not tell the time or date of the crash.
Car of Daniel Robinson, missing since June, found in Buckeye | 12news.com

A few years ago there was a company that accessed aerial photos (I think satellite) over an area of concern, such as where there had been a natural disaster, and then had a website where volunteers could scan the photos image by image to look for whatever the issue was -- damaged buildings in a flood zone, pieces of a crashed airplane, etc.

The business (called TomNod) went out of business/changed format so those kinds of public searches are no longer an option, but when someone goes missing in this type of situation, I always wish Google could post updated aerial photos, whether taken by drone, plane or satellite, and let individuals view them and flag areas of concern using software like TomNod had. I feel like a lot of ground could be covered (literally a lot of acreage) and help to narrow the area needing to be covered by searchers on the ground.

I hope Daniel is found soon.

So that is another question. He actually exited the jeep and half way back up the slope near the top he takes off his clothes, his work clothes. Including his work shoes. the wallet is in the pants and I never heard about the keys but I guess that was the case. The phone was still back in the car. Head trauma makes people behave irrationally. But maybe he did pull out of the wreck some lighter weight clothes and shoes. However, the work shoes would be the route when in the desert.

Of course, if you want to play a conspiracy game what better way to "disappear" (I am not in that camp!) I have lived here too long and have seen to many hiking and vehicle accidents in the desert were people go missing. Much more prevalent than the remote "crime in the desert" stories that get all the play.
Thank you for that information. I've heard of people who are hypothermic undressing. I can imagine head trauma could produce unnatural behavior like what you describe. Is it known for certain that he had other clothes & shoes in the vehicle? How far do you feel Daniel could have walked away from the vehicle and still remain undiscovered?

Different scenario entirely, but it's reminding me of Barbara Thomas in some ways.

First, HUGE thank you to @JJ Ray for the insight and taking the time to answer so many posts. Can't imagine what his father is dealing with - glad he has his faith, that can be comforting and provide answers for some people.

We have a missing 16 year old woman who was washed away a few days ago so I am guessing some resources (i.e, people and people power to help search) are working that case rather than Daniels's. Different location but probably some of the same types of helpful folks are helping there, in Cottonwood area for her. Plus she is 16 and female and... not too much in common with Daniel.

JUL 28, 2021
SC father organizing 3rd search for son who disappeared in Arizona desert
[...]

Daniel’s Jeep Renegade was found flipped on its side in the desert on July 19.

The driver’s side window was busted out, the front windshield was cracked and the airbags were deployed.

Police say they found Daniel’s clothes 3 feet from the vehicle, including his boots and safety vest.

[...]

Police searched the area for 12 hours, using cadaver dogs and tracking K-9′s, but did not find Daniel.

DR is having a team perform forensic analysis on the Jeep. He is also organizing a third foot search of the desert with volunteers.

[...]

The search, scheduled for this Saturday, already has up to 75 volunteers from both Arizona and South Carolina.

[...]

Thank you for that information. I've heard of people who are hypothermic undressing. I can imagine head trauma could produce unnatural behavior like what you describe. Is it known for certain that he had other clothes & shoes in the vehicle? How far do you feel Daniel could have walked away from the vehicle and still remain undiscovered?

Different scenario entirely, but it's reminding me of Barbara Thomas in some ways.
no one knows if he routinely had clothes in car. 3 miles one direction over rough terrain about 4 down wash but if confused and went west then about 5 miles before hitting a paved road. Issues; no one can determine how long he may have been unconscious if at all. No one can know if he had other internal injuries. Dehydration can occur very quickly particularly on the day after the wreck when temps went back up over 100. Another search is set for this Saturday.

A few years ago there was a company that accessed aerial photos (I think satellite) over an area of concern, such as where there had been a natural disaster, and then had a website where volunteers could scan the photos image by image to look for whatever the issue was -- damaged buildings in a flood zone, pieces of a crashed airplane, etc.

The business (called TomNod) went out of business/changed format so those kinds of public searches are no longer an option, but when someone goes missing in this type of situation, I always wish Google could post updated aerial photos, whether taken by drone, plane or satellite, and let individuals view them and flag areas of concern using software like TomNod had. I feel like a lot of ground could be covered (literally a lot of acreage) and help to narrow the area needing to be covered by searchers on the ground.

I hope Daniel is found soon.
While that may work elsewhere it does not work in a desert that is crossed with hundreds of small ravines each with scrub brush and Mesquite trees (thousands) that need searching. When you get tired and thirsty in the desert you get in shade. People would literal pin point every dark spot on such a map.

First, HUGE thank you to @JJ Ray for the insight and taking the time to answer so many posts. Can't imagine what his father is dealing with - glad he has his faith, that can be comforting and provide answers for some people.

We have a missing 16 year old woman who was washed away a few days ago so I am guessing some resources (i.e, people and people power to help search) are working that case rather than Daniels's. Different location but probably some of the same types of helpful folks are helping there, in Cottonwood area for her. Plus she is 16 and female and... not too much in common with Daniel.
Yes my wife just told me they found her today. The younger relative of a firefighter family. Elsewhere on this thread, it has been noted the difference in public response (and I daresay Police response) to missing men versus a young woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HopeBloom