AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, allegedly shot and killed with an AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, 75, Kino Springs, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kelly admitted to shooting at them. I dont understand
In the article it states he shot over their heads. Hopefully the ballistics report will tell the truth.

Kelly walked onto his porch and saw the leader of the group point an AK-47 at him, the motion read. Kelly subsequently fired several warning shots above the heads of the armed men before they scattered into the desert surrounding his property, according to the motion.

Border Patrol agents and Santa Cruz County sheriff's deputies arrived at Kelly’s property and searched for the group but did not find anyone. Authorities documented the incident and left.

In the article it states he shot over their heads. Hopefully the ballistics report will tell the truth.

Kelly walked onto his porch and saw the leader of the group point an AK-47 at him, the motion read. Kelly subsequently fired several warning shots above the heads of the armed men before they scattered into the desert surrounding his property, according to the motion.

Border Patrol agents and Santa Cruz County sheriff's deputies arrived at Kelly’s property and searched for the group but did not find anyone. Authorities documented the incident and left.

I do believe people who murder people often tell lies to try to avoid accountability.
If the bullet comes back to his gun, straight to jail IMO

It makes no sense, IMO, to jump to the conclusion that the property owner, Kelly, murdered the illegal immigrant. With no real evidence I can’t believe he was even arrested. Based only on the word of the other immigrants, who were also most likely running from the criminals? Did I miss something? I’ll wait.
Evidently, the arrest was not solely based on the word of immigrants. Rather, Kelly is said to have changed his story several times when relating to Border Patrol Agents what led to the shooting.

If so, that would lead to the arrest being based on two elements: A. Discrepancies in Kelly's account B. Testimony from other immigrants

The fact that the witnesses are immigrants is not really material to their inherent truthfulness- or lack there of. In short, if their version of events was consistent and detailed, it can lead to the arrest of a US citizen.

Authorities collected two assault-style rifles from Kelly’s home to determine if either had been used in the shooting. Details surrounding Cuen Buitimea’s death remain largely unclear. The time of death and the type of bullet that killed him have not been made public.
Does this mean that Kelly was arrested before any of his guns were determined to be the one used to kill CB?

It's crazy the stereotypes being thrown around with no proof whatsoever.

I was just giving my thought on what MAY have been happening, a theory. Apologies for not being more clear.
Although, the cartel / drug smuggling / human trafficking from Mexico across our border is a very unfortunate reality.
I can honestly say that I would be terrified if I lived anywhere near the southern border. JMO

I do believe people who murder people often tell lies to try to avoid accountability.
If the bullet comes back to his gun, straight to jail IMO
I think if he wanted just to murder people out there ,he would have just tossed this dead guy in a sandy pit and called it a day. Who would know? The border patrol didnt find him laying there dead. Mr74 had to walk hisself out there. People are odd though so who knows.

I think if he wanted just to murder people out there ,he would have just tossed this dead guy in a sandy pit and called it a day. Who would know? The border patrol didnt find him laying there dead. Mr74 had to walk hisself out there. People are odd though so who knows.
IMO it was a sense of pride to hunt certain humans as an animal. He full heartedly thinks everyone will pat him on the back.

IMO its the same motivation as the El Paso walmart guy.

If it’s as reported that 8 counted gang strangers showed up shooting AKs then yes, by all means. But if that story gets scrambled or can’t be backed up then it should be investigated heavily.

Questions that arise from the quotes in the link below…Why did Kelly feel the need to confront these men? If they were moving through the trees on his property, why didn’t he stay quiet inside and away from windows as he told his wife to do? He could have discreetly kept an eye on them. There was no need to go on his porch with a gun and take the risk of confronting these men who had AK-47s was there? Especially if they had fired a shot? Yes, his horse was spooked, but he didn’t check on the horse until sunset, after several hours and after border patrol had searched the property. So why was his horse being spooked an urgent reason to confront these men with his gun?

Look, I get it that having strangers with guns traversing his property was scary. But if they are just passing through, why greet them with a gun and risk escalating the situation? It’s not like he is going to solve the problem of illegal immigrants or even drug runners entering the country by confronting them. Call Border Patrol from the safety of his house and let them handle it.

FWIW, I do speak from experience as a woman who was home alone and did not to own a gun by choice, yet dealing peacefully (and successfully) with an unstable neighbor driving into my very rural front yard with a gun and with a beef against my husband and me (our call to the sheriff days earlier had sent him to jail). Although I was frightened for good reason, I chose to greet him kindly and peacefully from my front porch clearly unarmed before he could exit his truck with his gun. I felt that was less dangerous than hiding in my house, risking him breaking in. My peaceful, unarmed greeting defused the situation. So my questions are not based on unfounded idealism, but reality and pragmatism. JMO

“On Jan. 30, Kelly was eating lunch with his wife when he heard a single gunshot and saw his horse get spooked and run away at full speed, according to court documents. Kelly saw a group of men, armed with AK-47s, moving through the trees on his property.

The men donned khakis and camouflage clothing and carried large backpacks, according to the 13-page motion Larkin filed on Feb. 9. Kelly’s home is roughly a mile and a half north of the U.S.-Mexico border and about 8 miles east of Nogales.

Kelly called the U.S. Border Patrol’s ranch liaison, who is responsible for helping ranchers on the borderlands, and told his wife to stay silent, inside and away from the windows so as not to draw the attention of the men.

<snip>

As the sun was setting that day, Kelly went to his pastures to check on his horse as he worried it may have been injured during the incident. After seeing to his horse, Kelly noticed that his dogs were focused on something on the ground near a mesquite tree.”

At an evidentiary hearing, Kelly's Brenna Larkin grilled the detective who questioned Kelly after his arrest.

She suggested it was entirely possible that a rival cartel could have shot Cuen-Butimea - not Kelly - but that cops tried to get him to admit to it anyway.

The detective had testified that he found an AK-47 shell casing on Kelly's porch.

'Isn't the AK47 is most common rifle carried by drug smugglers?' Larkin asked. 'Yes.'
I wonder if one of the group of migrants panicked when Kelly fired the warning shots and inadvertently shot C-B in the back. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomuSJ