AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, allegedly shot and killed with an AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, 75, Kino Springs, Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who are interested in reporting by people who have an understanding of this region; I don’t think this has been posted before.

<modsnip - personalizing>

Last edited by a moderator:
For those who are interested in reporting by people who have an understanding of this region; I don’t think this has been posted before.

<modsnip>

I have had only good experiences with Border Patrol (New Mexican) and trust them.

That is some additional information from our Border Patrol agents.

Remember that the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Department is separate from our Border Patrol; and the separate prosecutor's office files charges.

Just waiting to see how this plays out.

<modsnip>

I don't care if they know Kelly, like him, hate him or whatever.

It's beside the point.

If the prosecution has the evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that GK is guilty, then he should be convicted.

But a murder conviction is a high bar. And the circumstances/facts that we are privy to so far are murky, at best.

And yes, there is a universe where they would pursue charges against this man without good reason IMO. The whole border situation is a longstanding & ongoing political powder keg. That cannot be discussed here but is very relevant context.

It was a hastily thrown together case with the charge having been reduced once.

MOO

Would love to read the article but there's a paywall.

Welcome to Websleuths.

I have had only good experiences with Border Patrol (New Mexican) and trust them.

That is some additional information from our Border Patrol agents.

Remember that the Santa Cruz County Sheriff's Department is separate from our Border Patrol; and the separate prosecutor's office files charges.

Just waiting to see how this plays out.
I am aware of the separate agencies involved. I am also aware of the degree to which they work together. I am also familiar with BP from working with them closely at a migrant welcoming center.

I don't care if they know Kelly, like him, hate him or whatever.

It's beside the point.

If the prosecution has the evidence to prove beyond reasonable doubt that GK is guilty, then he should be convicted.

But a murder conviction is a high bar. And the circumstances/facts that we are privy to so far are murky, at best.

And yes, there is a universe where they would pursue charges against this man without good reason IMO. The whole border situation is a longstanding & ongoing political powder keg. That cannot be discussed here but is very relevant context.

It was a hastily thrown together case with the charge having been reduced once.

MOO

Would love to read the article but there's a paywall.

Welcome to
I don’t believe that I said anything about a conviction or otherwise. I said the charges wouldn’t have been filed in the first place without a darned good reason.

I don’t believe that I said anything about a conviction or otherwise. I said the charges wouldn’t have been filed in the first place without a darned good reason.
I'd like to know what the reason was for arresting and charging Mr Kelly with First Degree murder so quickly, only one day after the death of C-B. JMO.

As someone who is local to this area, I am incredulous that people don’t understand that these agents know Kelly and still seem to think he did it. There is no universe where they pursue charges against Kelly without having a very good reason to believe it.

Welcome to WS and thank you for posting this article.<modsnip - For paywalled articles, members can not copy/paste, quote directly, or disseminate the information contained in the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.>
—————————

I found most interesting the recording partially quoted above of his 911 call asking for a sheriff to come out after he found the dead body. He talked in cryptic circles to avoid saying that there was a “dead human being”…even referring to GC-B as an “animal…as in not a vegetable or mineral.” That’s a quote. The extremely patient dispatcher had to drag every necessary piece of information out of him, finally explaining that she had to understand the situation so as not to unnecessarily endanger her deputy. Just in this one call Kelly is trying so hard not to incriminate himself that I can understand why there were inconsistencies in what he told BP and the sheriff. It’s definitely worth listening.

ETA: It’s posted by the Nogales International on YouTube, so I’m posting it here.

JMO

<modsnip>

Regardless, he should have called 911 first, as Vanessa Calva Ruiz pointed out. What if someone in town found a body on their property, why call border patrol before medical services. I suspect Kelly thought those BP guys were his friends more than the strangers that would arrive with 911. Honestly, who would get on the phone (on a call back no less, not mentioning the body in his first call) and say "no emt needed, I have a medical background". Would that be his attitude had it been a youngster crossng his land to get to her abuelita's farm?

That's just too cute when he refers to the body as "animal", and then backpeddles that he means animal, vegetable or mineral.

Imo

Welcome to WS and thank you for posting this article.

<modsnip - For paywalled articles, members can not copy/paste, quote directly, or disseminate the information contained in the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.>
—————————

I found most interesting the recording partially quoted above of his 911 call asking for a sheriff to come out after he found the dead body. He talked in cryptic circles to avoid saying that there was a “dead human being”…even referring to GC-B as an “animal…as in not a vegetable or mineral.” That’s a quote. The extremely patient dispatcher had to drag every necessary piece of information out of him, finally explaining that she had to understand the situation so as not to unnecessarily endanger her deputy. Just in this one call Kelly is trying so hard not to incriminate himself that I can understand why there were inconsistencies in what he told BP and the sheriff. It’s definitely worth listening.

ETA: It’s posted by the Nogales International on YouTube, so I’m posting it here.

JMO
Remarkable evasion. He feels so entitled, he can just snap his fingers and a government law enforcement agency will immediately come, no questions asked. Reminding all that this was not his first call, actually not his call at all, she called him back.

I've always wondered if his quick arrest was partly the result of conflicting accounts from Kelly and his wife. "CHASING"

"During one call on Jan. 30, a Border Patrol agent expressed skepticism over Kelly’s previous claims that he’d encountered an active shooter, saying Kelly has “made this call before.” In another call, a BP agent told a dispatcher he’d made contact with Kelly’s wife, who’d reportedly told authorities Kelly was “chasing” a group of men south toward Mexico."

Last edited:
“I don't know for sure that this guy's getting shot at or not,” the agent told the dispatcher. “What sometimes happens is, some of our customers go through his property … I don't know if he's crazy, or what's going on.”
†******************
“He's made this call before … it ended up just being aliens on his property. And he says the same thing. I think he's just trying to get a quicker response out there,” the agent told the dispatcher. “But obviously, we’ve got to take it (seriously).”

“I don't know for sure that this guy's getting shot at or not,” the agent told the dispatcher. “What sometimes happens is, some of our customers go through his property … I don't know if he's crazy, or what's going on.”
†******************
“He's made this call before … it ended up just being aliens on his property. And he says the same thing. I think he's just trying to get a quicker response out there,” the agent told the dispatcher. “But obviously, we’ve got to take it (seriously).”

Wow. I really feel for this old man. Imagine living your golden years with your wife, trying to maintain a life, while constantly in the crosshairs of the Mexican Cartel.The Cartel who used his private land as they saw fit, day in and day out. Poor guy had to call BP every single day of his life, and we know BP are stretched thin as taffy. It’s a horrific situation for BP and American citizens all around.

Wow. I really feel for this old man. Imagine living your golden years with your wife, trying to maintain a life, while constantly in the crosshairs of the Mexican Cartel.The Cartel who used his private land as they saw fit, day in and day out. Poor guy had to call BP every single day of his life, and we know BP are stretched thin as taffy. It’s a horrific situation for BP and American citizens all around.
He chose to make that grandiose tourism investment, probably believing possible realtor ads just like the one he now has out...describing the property as "safe" and bucolic. Imo. Now, he is suing people, blaming others for his failure. His investment has declined in value, noted by the substantial reduction in selling price even before the murder charge. (Realtor links here on this thread posted several times, along with the public details of his suit regarding his failed tourism plans.)

From your post "while constantly crosshairs of the Mexican Cartel.The Cartel who used his private land as they saw fit, day in and day out."

i ask for a link to that statement, please. That he was constantly in the "crosshairs" etc. There is no proof that Mexican cartels or anyone else ever put GK or his wife in crosshairs.

Nor used his land "as they saw fit", etc

Imo

It sounds like the poor guy has trouble with the truth too and that usually doesn’t bode well for defendants. <modsnip>

He chose to make that grandiose tourism investment, probably believing possible realtor ads just like the one he now has out...describing the property as "safe" and bucolic. Imo. Now, he is suing people, blaming others for his failure. His investment has declined in value, noted by the substantial reduction in selling price even before the murder charge. (Realtor links here on this thread posted several times, along with the public details of his suit regarding his failed tourism plans.)

From your post "while constantly crosshairs of the Mexican Cartel.The Cartel who used his private land as they saw fit, day in and day out."

i ask for a link to that statement, please. That he was constantly in the "crosshairs" etc. There is no proof that Mexican cartels or anyone else ever put GK or his wife in crosshairs.

Nor used his land "as they saw fit", etc

Imo
I will definitely follow up on and read the real estate links you suggested,as well as the people he is suing. However, I don’t know why or if this would have anything to do with his case.

Can you be more specific about “the Mexican cartel” to which you refer? Is there a link showing that they were “targeting” this man? I wonder if the container walls that governor Ducey put up forced migrants toward his property. These attempts at walls often have a funneling effect and instead of stopping migrants, they force migrants into very specific corridors. Food for thought! MOO JMO IMO MOS JM2P

Welcome to WS and thank you for posting this article.<modsnip - For paywalled articles, members can not copy/paste, quote directly, or disseminate the information contained in the article. It is not only a TOS violation, it is a violation of copyright law.>
—————————

JMO
Thanks so much for posting this. Nogales International is a really great source for this information. MOO JMO JM2P MOS

Do you have a link for Mexican cartel involvement on his property?

—————————

JMO
“I don’t want to talk about this over the phone”

“You’re responsible for what you say and I’m responsible for what I say”

“I don’t want to get you in trouble and I don’t want to get me in trouble”

“You have the right to remain silent…I’m not admitting to anything I’ve done…an ambulance can’t help…

“An animal laying face down”

IMO this phone call alone could convict him.

Story that I think relates to this. There used to be a gun range around here—it was open for about 50 years. Then some developers decided to build a nice suburban development about .25-.50 miles away. The residents then started complaining about the noise from the gun range and decided to get it shut down. The court battle raged for years. I remember thinking “but but but you BOUGHT A HOUSE A HALF A MILE FROM A GUN RANGE!”. Due diligence is super important. Perhaps Mr. Kelly should have done some due diligence about the property he was purchasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member